The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

3 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Which shortcut did you add to steam? I believe it's under Program Files. 

I added the shortcut direct from the Desktop. So add game, add non steam game, browse, desktop, 7d2dModLauncher and then it says a whole ton of stuff after that. The full filepath is C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer\ then a bunch of numbers and letters.

Just now, burtonman14 said:

I added the shortcut direct from the Desktop. So add game, add non steam game, browse, desktop, 7d2dModLauncher and then it says a whole ton of stuff after that. The full filepath is C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer\ then a bunch of numbers and letters.

Rather than go to Desktop, try going to c:\prpgram files\sphereii software. You should find another exe in there

Just now, burtonman14 said:

I found it!!! Thank you @sphereii it was under Program Files as you said in SphereII Software. The troubleshooting guide says to add the one off the desktop. It may be useful to update it to say use the program files pathway.

Thanks a ton! Love your work and dedication to make this community awesome!

can someone tell me how to fix this. i'm trying to play darkness falls, i've uninstalled the game from steam and reinstalled it and then i've downloaded and deleted the mods twice and i just keep getting this error and i just don't know how to fix it.

'Application folder:
C:/Program_Files_(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls
There should be '7DaysToDie_Data'
folder next to the executable'

2 minutes ago, Lux-kitten said:

can someone tell me how to fix this. i'm trying to play darkness falls, i've uninstalled the game from steam and reinstalled it and then i've downloaded and deleted the mods twice and i just keep getting this error and i just don't know how to fix it.

'Application folder:
C:/Program_Files_(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7_Days_To_Die/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls
There should be '7DaysToDie_Data'
folder next to the executable'

Click on Starting Splash Screen, and then the Blue Folder. Change that path to something like C:\7D2D. You are installing it under Program Files now, and that will cause issues.

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

That error would be interesting to see.

I did it the way you said and it worked all the way up until loading the world. then it just closed for no reason and now everytime i try to play mod it has a new error that says unhandled exception has occured in your application. i can either click continue or quit, i pressed continue and nothing happened. it also says 'the requested opertation cannot be preformed on a file with a user-mapped section open' no idea what any of this means

Just now, Lux-kitten said:

I did it the way you said and it worked all the way up until loading the world. then it just closed for no reason and now everytime i try to play mod it has a new error that says unhandled exception has occured in your application. i can either click continue or quit, i pressed continue and nothing happened. it also says 'the requested opertation cannot be preformed on a file with a user-mapped section open' no idea what any of this means

"The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open" is probably because the game is still running somewhere in the background. Try to reboot to clear it.

After that, start up the mod launcher, select the mod, and click on Log Files. That'll take you to a screen where you can upload the two log files to pastebin.com. Send me the links and I can look at them.

13 hours ago, sphereii said:

"The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open" is probably because the game is still running somewhere in the background. Try to reboot to clear it.

After that, start up the mod launcher, select the mod, and click on Log Files. That'll take you to a screen where you can upload the two log files to pastebin.com. Send me the links and I can look at them.

https://pastebin.com/THqVajXK

13 hours ago, sphereii said:

just tried it again, it gets all the way to Initializing world and then something else pops up and says 7 days to die unity and it has a loading bar on it then that disappears and then the game just disappears 

5 minutes ago, Lux-kitten said:

just tried it again, it gets all the way to Initializing world and then something else pops up and says 7 days to die unity and it has a loading bar on it then that disappears and then the game just disappears 

You could be running out of memory. Darkness Falls is pretty heavy on the resources. Would you be able to try to create the smallest world possible, and see if you load in?

22 minutes ago, sphereii said:

You could be running out of memory. Darkness Falls is pretty heavy on the resources. Would you be able to try to create the smallest world possible, and see if you load in?

done small and very small world and they both tried loading unity and then just disappeared 

2 minutes ago, Lux-kitten said:

https://pastebin.com/8AJs5KqY this is from the error, i dont know if it helps

That error almost seems like an anti-virus program is running on the files, and it pauses the game's loading long enough to trigger an error. If you could whitelist the install folder  (D:\7D2D in your case), you might be able to prevent that from happening.

23 minutes ago, sphereii said:

That error almost seems like an anti-virus program is running on the files, and it pauses the game's loading long enough to trigger an error. If you could whitelist the install folder  (D:\7D2D in your case), you might be able to prevent that from happening.

How would I do that 

1 minute ago, furion nightstalker said:

what is the new version  of the launcher because it seem a lot of people are having issues with it

Its the hosting site, Gitlab, that is causing issues, not so much the Mod Launcher itself.  People with slower internet, and slightly unstable internet, is causing disconnects.

Mods hosted on Azure and Github are not experiencing this issue.