The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

i do not, should i add it in before the <download>sdfasdad</download> section?

--edit--

so i made changes to https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/raw/master/Servers/DaOkole.xml

added the download mode but it didnt do anything and i get this message in the client itsself

which repeats till stoping

Re-attempting...
Peforming Full Cloning of https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/
Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.
Maximum number of attempts reached, attempting Direct Download
Downloading https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/
Re-attempting...

and here is whats in the logs from the start of creating of a new game

https://pastebin.com/GWSvvbFL

if i switch it back to Github it works fine

Edited by Lain
more to add (see edit history)

New Update: 2.1.12

- Fixed the Download From Steam option

- Added more resistant code for database download ( selected index error )

Hopefully this will help people who have to download manually the database

Fix still results in the same error downloading directly from Steam, same issue as reported in my previous post (link).

Log - https://pastebin.com/7LsVH1st

i do not, should i add it in before the <download>sdfasdad</download> section?

--edit--

so i made changes to https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/raw/master/Servers/DaOkole.xml

added the download mode but it didnt do anything and i get this message in the client itsself

which repeats till stoping

Re-attempting...
Peforming Full Cloning of https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/
Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.
Maximum number of attempts reached, attempting Direct Download
Downloading https://gitlab.com/LainSzvahl/Da-Okole/
Re-attempting...

and here is whats in the logs from the start of creating of a new game

https://pastebin.com/GWSvvbFL

if i switch it back to Github it works fine

Try removing the trailing / on your download link.

That error is different than the other error that most people have. Have you tried to re-install? Maybe there's a corrupted file.

Any kind of anti-virus software?

When you say to reinstall, would I have to uninstall the Mod Launcher or just install again? Currently have a DF saved to local and not sure if that stays.

Currently have Malwarebytes and ESET and both have ransomware protection enabled but nothing is noted in the logs for either. It's hard to test without any system protection while also needing to download mods, it's why I've now decided to add Mod Launcher as an exception to all protections though because it requires a restart I'll have to re-test tomorrow when I get more time.

Thanks for all that you do SphereII :smile-new:

When you say to reinstall, would I have to uninstall the Mod Launcher or just install again? Currently have a DF saved to local and not sure if that stays.

Currently have Malwarebytes and ESET and both have ransomware protection enabled but nothing is noted in the logs for either. It's hard to test without any system protection while also needing to download mods, it's why I've now decided to add Mod Launcher as an exception to all protections though because it requires a restart I'll have to re-test tomorrow when I get more time.

Thanks for all that you do SphereII :smile-new:

Yeah, it's a dangerous world. I wouldn't ask you to disable any of it for this.

The re-install of the mod launcher wouldn't affect your save games. When you re-install, just make sure the path is set back to where it was (by default, C:\7D2D). I'm wondering if the missing file error is coming from the steamcmd, or another file in that folder. It's not overly descriptive about which one its looking for.

Sorry to be a pest but there's another issue that I never had before with the Mod Launcher, occurred after uninstalling and reinstalling to the latest version to the same default directories as before.

Issue #1

Launcher says it still can't find the file trying to sync from Steam though the Mod Launcher did install to default directory and folder size of 3.63 GB is correct for vanilla A16.4 - image link of error if it helps you SphereII (had to click the popup box twice). After reinstalling the Launcher I enabled 'Run Game As Admin' which I don't usually do, purely for troubleshooting and SSL I'll keep enabled as it's an important security feature.

Issue #2

What happens is that I launch 7D2D Mod Launcher, then under "Installed Mods" I click the "Go To" button which usually takes me to the mods listed and installed but what happens is that the app stalls without doing anything, the whole app is all greyed out, have to press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to force close the launcher.

Included the fresh log where it gets stuck on "Attempting to download Database from Primary". Log - https://pastebin.com/JmXufmJh

As I said previously, I had added the Mod Launcher as an exception to my security suite. Other than the error on "Download From Steam" and app stalling when selecting "Go To" - the rest of the launcher works without problems. I wish I knew more what was going on, if there's more files/logs you need let me know. Thanks!

Sorry to be a pest but there's another issue that I never had before with the Mod Launcher, occurred after uninstalling and reinstalling to the latest version to the same default directories as before.

Issue #1

Launcher says it still can't find the file trying to sync from Steam though the Mod Launcher did install to default directory and folder size of 3.63 GB is correct for vanilla A16.4 - image link of error if it helps you SphereII (had to click the popup box twice). After reinstalling the Launcher I enabled 'Run Game As Admin' which I don't usually do, purely for troubleshooting and SSL I'll keep enabled as it's an important security feature.

Issue #2

What happens is that I launch 7D2D Mod Launcher, then under "Installed Mods" I click the "Go To" button which usually takes me to the mods listed and installed but what happens is that the app stalls without doing anything, the whole app is all greyed out, have to press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to force close the launcher.

Included the fresh log where it gets stuck on "Attempting to download Database from Primary". Log - https://pastebin.com/JmXufmJh

As I said previously, I had added the Mod Launcher as an exception to my security suite. Other than the error on "Download From Steam" and app stalling when selecting "Go To" - the rest of the launcher works without problems. I wish I knew more what was going on, if there's more files/logs you need let me know. Thanks!

Issue #1: I think I understand the issue now. After downloading from steam, steamcmd tries to restart steam. It makes a bad assumption that your steam folder is under Program files, but looking at your log file, it's not. I'll fix this in the next update.

Issue #2: Also a bug that I will fix up in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but the behavior when managing modlets did not match my expectations. Screenshots on the main webpage don't quite match what I see so I might just have the wrong expectations too. Here is what I did:

1) Selected Steam Version and clicked Manage Modlets

2) Noticed my own tiny modlets listed as "local", which is neat; the 'download' button did nothing which make sense but maybe should be disabled? Or is the modlet manager supposed to be able to do anything with local/already installed modlets?

3) Found and downloaded the SMXHub modlet as well as the Sphereii core modlet which I understand is a dependency.

4) Both modlets show as Enabled, great, so I started the game. SMXHub is active, but my save was blown away (back to day 0). Not a big deal; it was a throwaway testing game. However it makes me nervous for adding SMXHub into the game for my private co-op server so...

5) Went back into Manage Modlets and clicked both modlets to set them to "Disabled". There is no OK or Save or Apply button on the UI so I just closed it...? Since there really isn't any feedback I immediately re-opened Manage Modlets and noted that they both were still marked Disabled. So far so good.

6) Checked /mods folder and both mods are still there (not what I expected)

7) Clicked 'Play' in Mod Launcher and SMXHud is still in operation (obviously not what I expected)

8) Went back to Manage Modlets and this time chose Uninstall. Checked /mods folder and the two mods are gone. Started the game and SMXHud is gone, but it blew away my save again. (Don't think that's related to mod launcher at all)

And but so - is the Disable feature of modlets just not working? Or is it something specific to those two modlets? I did search for "modlet" in this thread, but did not find this issue. Which is why I think I'm probably doing something incorrectly. I am playing 18.2 b5 under Windows 10.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but the behavior when managing modlets did not match my expectations. Screenshots on the main webpage don't quite match what I see so I might just have the wrong expectations too. Here is what I did:

1) Selected Steam Version and clicked Manage Modlets

2) Noticed my own tiny modlets listed as "local", which is neat; the 'download' button did nothing which make sense but maybe should be disabled? Or is the modlet manager supposed to be able to do anything with local/already installed modlets?

3) Found and downloaded the SMXHub modlet as well as the Sphereii core modlet which I understand is a dependency.

4) Both modlets show as Enabled, great, so I started the game. SMXHub is active, but my save was blown away (back to day 0). Not a big deal; it was a throwaway testing game. However it makes me nervous for adding SMXHub into the game for my private co-op server so...

5) Went back into Manage Modlets and clicked both modlets to set them to "Disabled". There is no OK or Save or Apply button on the UI so I just closed it...? Since there really isn't any feedback I immediately re-opened Manage Modlets and noted that they both were still marked Disabled. So far so good.

6) Checked /mods folder and both mods are still there (not what I expected)

7) Clicked 'Play' in Mod Launcher and SMXHud is still in operation (obviously not what I expected)

8) Went back to Manage Modlets and this time chose Uninstall. Checked /mods folder and the two mods are gone. Started the game and SMXHud is gone, but it blew away my save again. (Don't think that's related to mod launcher at all)

And but so - is the Disable feature of modlets just not working? Or is it something specific to those two modlets? I did search for "modlet" in this thread, but did not find this issue. Which is why I think I'm probably doing something incorrectly. I am playing 18.2 b5 under Windows 10.

The SMX Target Health Bar is probably what you installed, which does have a dependent on the 0-SphereIICore. It's 0-SphereIICore that would have broken your save game, since it's a larger pack that adds a lot of functionality (but turned off by default ).

You are correct that it'd make more sense to have Disable / Enable rather than "Download" on the Local modlets. The Disable should rename ModInfo.xml to something else, causing the game not to read them. However, if you had Refresh mods Automatically, it would have re-synced both mods to their defaults when you click on Play, which is probably why it was still active for you.

The SMX Target Health Bar is probably what you installed, which does have a dependent on the 0-SphereIICore. It's 0-SphereIICore that would have broken your save game, since it's a larger pack that adds a lot of functionality (but turned off by default ).

No I just got SMXhud, not SMXhudTHB, but I did misread the install instructions for it, so I enabled the Core modlet unnecessarily. At least I learned that if I install any modlets that need the Core, I will need to start a fresh world. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on what happened there.

The Disable should rename ModInfo.xml to something else, causing the game not to read them. However, if you had Refresh mods Automatically, it would have re-synced both mods to their defaults when you click on Play, which is probably why it was still active for you.

Okay, that makes sense except I can't find the "Refresh Mods Automatically" setting? It does not seem to be on the splash screen, the Steam Version screen, or the Manage Modlets screen. The menu option View -> Settings doesn't do anything for me, and View -> Open Configuration File shows this (I think these would be the relevant ones):

[Global]
RefreshModsAuto=

[-]
RefreshModsAuto=False

I tried again, this time only downloading SMXhud and then disabling it, and I can see this time that the ModInfo has been renamed and the mod does not load. I can't explain that. But if you can point me at the auto-refresh setting I'll at least know to double-check it if I get similar weirdness later. Is it a manual change to the config file?

No I just got SMXhud, not SMXhudTHB, but I did misread the install instructions for it, so I enabled the Core modlet unnecessarily. At least I learned that if I install any modlets that need the Core, I will need to start a fresh world. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on what happened there.

Okay, that makes sense except I can't find the "Refresh Mods Automatically" setting? It does not seem to be on the splash screen, the Steam Version screen, or the Manage Modlets screen. The menu option View -> Settings doesn't do anything for me, and View -> Open Configuration File shows this (I think these would be the relevant ones):

[Global]
RefreshModsAuto=

[-]
RefreshModsAuto=False

I tried again, this time only downloading SMXhud and then disabling it, and I can see this time that the ModInfo has been renamed and the mod does not load. I can't explain that. But if you can point me at the auto-refresh setting I'll at least know to double-check it if I get similar weirdness later. Is it a manual change to the config file?

I think the Refresh Mods Automatically is availale only on the full mod folders, and not the steam folder. I should probably update it.

I usually leave my Steam folder vanilla, and create a new copy for the mods. For example, if I am only going to be installing modlets, then I would go to The Fun Pimps section, then pick Latest Stable. Then I'll add modlets to have instance, leaving my steam nice and clean, in case I want to connect to any servers.

Hi

I'm getting this error from attempting to install a mod. Could you please clarify if it's a bug, something wrong on my side, or something wrong with mod ? Just need to know if I must do something, or stop trying to make it work.

Appreciate your time

Image+2020-01-23+at+2.22.06+PM.png?v=d5804982c97d73607394e9fc53b186a8

Hi

I'm getting this error from attempting to install a mod. Could you please clarify if it's a bug, something wrong on my side, or something wrong with mod ? Just need to know if I must do something, or stop trying to make it work.

Appreciate your time

Image+2020-01-23+at+2.22.06+PM.png?v=d5804982c97d73607394e9fc53b186a8

Sounds like there was a timeout; I'll take a look and see if I need to make changes to the time out value. Do you normally have decent internet speed?

Sounds like there was a timeout; I'll take a look and see if I need to make changes to the time out value. Do you normally have decent internet speed?

Usually yes, but Southern Africa is currently bent under a sea cable break. So if that's the cause I'll try again in a few weeks when the internet latency is restored. Thanks so much for clearing that up.

Usually yes, but Southern Africa is currently bent under a sea cable break. So if that's the cause I'll try again in a few weeks when the internet latency is restored. Thanks so much for clearing that up.

I will take a look and see if I can extend the time out. It's a balance, since you don't want the users to wait forever for something that will never end, but also give a chance for high latency connections to work. I may not even have access to adjust the time out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sphereil,

Great job on the mod, I played with it for months and enjoyed every bit of it. I have a bit of a problem, so I took a break from 7d2d and within the time period of the break, I upgraded my harddrive to a solid state drive. I stopped playing a little bit after alpha 17 was released.

Earlier today I finished installing the 7D2D mod launcher and installed darkness falls with the following process: darkness falls -> install game copy (not from steam) -> play mod with pre-sync and refresh mods automatically. Once the game loads nothing is changed.

The game still loads the normal copy of the game, no background change, no font change, everything base game. So I thought maybe there was a problem with the install so I reinstalled everything and wiped the appdata and made sure registry additions were deleted. After reinstalling everything I still encounter the same problem. I am running the game in administrator mode and disabled any anti-virus protections (maybe anti-virus is blocking a connection).

I found the log of what the launcher is doing, heres the link: https://pastebin.com/WxNh0FEX . It seems to me that the program is attemping to download the mod files and cannot download the files due to the link not existing...any recommendations or solutions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

-Nemesis

Hello,

My brother is having issues to run mod launcher or download the DF mod. This is the issue when him open the launcher:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31344[/ATTACH]

And this is the log trying to download the mod:

https://pastebin.com/RR6GW8Sd

Thanks

How is he trying to set it up? Is he selecting it from the list provided, or using a Open URL feature?

Hello,

My brother is having issues to run mod launcher or download the DF mod. This is the issue when him open the launcher:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31344[/ATTACH]

And this is the log trying to download the mod:

https://pastebin.com/RR6GW8Sd

Thanks

It looks like your brother tried to repair the installation of Mod Launcher. I suggest him to uninstall and install Mod Launcher again.

How is he trying to set it up? Is he selecting it from the list provided, or using an Open URL feature?

Before he was trying to select it from the list provided and was unable to download the mod (darkness fall) because of this issue: https://pastebin.com/RR6GW8Sd

I send the mod zipped to him and after that, he got the issue from the picture above...

I tried to clone the mod using GitHub desktop and was failing too.

Before he was trying to select it from the list provided and was unable to download the mod (darkness fall) because of this issue: https://pastebin.com/RR6GW8Sd

I send the mod zipped to him and after that, he got the issue from the picture above...

I tried to clone the mod using GitHub desktop and was failing too.

The errors in the log file are just trying to read from the RSS feed. There's no error for the failure in download. Does it just take a long time, or does it throw an error?