The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Oh and sphereii do i need to install the mods everytime i start up my computer, I just turned it on and it shows the mods arent installed

No, you shouldn't need to do that. What I think happens is the settings doesn't get persisted for some people. What's happening is that the Destination Folder for mods is being reset to a default of C:\7D2D\, rather than the one you specify. You can change this back to where your mods are installed, and they will show up again. I have to re-think that settings, and apply a different method of remembering them.

No, you shouldn't need to do that. What I think happens is the settings doesn't get persisted for some people. What's happening is that the Destination Folder for mods is being reset to a default of C:\7D2D\, rather than the one you specify. You can change this back to where your mods are installed, and they will show up again. I have to re-think that settings, and apply a different method of remembering them.

You know who would be very thankful for that one lol

@Sphereii - For a few versions now I noticed the option to enter a user name (and other fields) in the download game from Steam option is greyed out. Did you remove that feature or is that just a local issue on my PC and server installs? I reloaded the launcher but its still greyed out. This isn't a big issue as I can just manually copy a copy of the game to a new folder then install a mod, but thought it was worth asking about.

Update: lol, I didn't notice someone just asked the same question in a post above. Its been like this a few versions now.

@Sphereii - For a few versions now I noticed the option to enter a user name (and other fields) in the download game from Steam option is greyed out. Did you remove that feature or is that just a local issue on my PC and server installs? I reloaded the launcher but its still greyed out. This isn't a big issue as I can just manually copy a copy of the game to a new folder then install a mod, but thought it was worth asking about.

Update: lol, I didn't notice someone just asked the same question in a post above. Its been like this a few versions now.

Thank you for reminding me. I seen the problem in the code and is easily fixed. It will take me a few days before I can get access to a computer to compile and push out an update.

Hey sphereii,

I'm having some serious issues with the launcher, my fault. Before I even tried the True Survival SDX mod on my usual settings that usually work (i.e. did nothing but hit Play Mod) I decided to clear all 3 options for settings in the launcher and verify the game data in steam. Multiple attempts to get the TS SDX to work at all then failed (should have left well enough alone). I then decided to uninstall the Launcher, Ccleaner'd the data and registry paths, redownload the launcher and hopefully start with a clean install and redownload the mods I play. No dice. Completely stuffed it. When opening said freshly downloaded Launcher, it miraculously did not require any setting up. My mods were back after appearing "cleared". So again, launch game, no mod.

Am not sure what to do. I just wanna play TS SDX..... Please help??

I just saw the error message that pops up:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Copying \TempMods\7D2DPatcher\Patch.zip to \7D2DPatcher\Patch.zip... Done.

Copying \TempMods\7D2DPatcher\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml to \7D2DPatcher\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

Edited by Belladonna
More info (see edit history)

Hey sphereii,

I'm having some serious issues with the launchers, my fault. Before I even tried the True Survival SDX mod on my usual settings that usually work (i.e. did nothing but hit Play Mod) I decided to clear all 3 options for settings in the launcher and verify the game data in steam. Multiple attempts to get the TS SDX to work at all then failed (should have left well enough alone). I then decided to uninstall the Launcher, Ccleaner'd the data and registry paths, redownload the launcher and hopefully start with a clean install and redownload the mods I play. No dice. Completely stuffed it. When opening said freshly downloaded Launcher, it miraculously did not require any setting up. My mods were back after appearing "cleared". So again, launch game, no mod.

Am not sure what to do. I just wanna play TS SDX..... Please help??

I just saw the error message that pops up:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Copying \TempMods\7D2DPatcher\Patch.zip to \7D2DPatcher\Patch.zip... Done.

Copying \TempMods\7D2DPatcher\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml to \7D2DPatcher\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

Wow that seems like quite a time you are having.

The repeating clone mode error comes from a corrupted sync. You should be able to do a Delete Mod to clear it.

Are you using Simple or Advanced mode?

I see that you are also trying to apply a patch file. That isn't an issue but was curious about which mod that was included in.

Hey Sphereii, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it was a bit of an ordeal. I didn't add any patch file (clean reinstall) so I am unsure where that came from...

I eventually uninstalled both launcher and 7D2D, reinstalled both, it still didn't work so I did as you suggested and deleted the mod and reinstalled it and it worked. Phew!

Hey Sphereii, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it was a bit of an ordeal. I didn't add any patch file (clean reinstall) so I am unsure where that came from...

I eventually uninstalled both launcher and 7D2D, reinstalled both, it still didn't work so I did as you suggested and deleted the mod and reinstalled it and it worked. Phew!

That's great that it's finally working for you. SDX is such a precise thing, so many things need to line up for it to work.

Enjoy the mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day sphereii,

A couple question ...

1. I tried to change default fold from C: to my gaming drive which is G: which it did do, BUT every time that I open the launcher it wants to go back and put it on C: and reload the games as new folder in turn doubling the space [ Is this normally ?? ] or shouldn't it leave the it set as the new default of G: (hopefully I said that right and you understand what I'm trying to say)

1a. Even if I change it back to G: [existing folder] path .. again it does not recognize the existing games already installed in the folder and want to reinstall all.

2. So what I have done is to fix this problem for the moment is create short cut's using the .. exe. launchers from the game itself.

I'm running Valmod - Overhaul-bigger bag and Spiders - SDX , so I have 2 desktop short cuts - no problem for me .. but not using your launcher per say to load the game every time I want to play .. [ the problem with doing this is that the game is not updating - if there are any new updates for said game ]

Any suggestion, Thank you

Good Day sphereii,

A couple question ...

1. I tried to change default fold from C: to my gaming drive which is G: which it did do, BUT every time that I open the launcher it wants to go back and put it on C: and reload the games as new folder in turn doubling the space [ Is this normally ?? ] or shouldn't it leave the it set as the new default of G: (hopefully I said that right and you understand what I'm trying to say)

1a. Even if I change it back to G: [existing folder] path .. again it does not recognize the existing games already installed in the folder and want to reinstall all.

2. So what I have done is to fix this problem for the moment is create short cut's using the .. exe. launchers from the game itself.

I'm running Valmod - Overhaul-bigger bag and Spiders - SDX , so I have 2 desktop short cuts - no problem for me .. but not using your launcher per say to load the game every time I want to play .. [ the problem with doing this is that the game is not updating - if there are any new updates for said game ]

Any suggestion, Thank you

Hey gpcstargate

1. This seems to be a strange bug, where the settings doesn't remember where it was set last. I'm going to be changing that in the next update, and hopefully it'll remember where you want to install the mod.

1a. The Launcher should pick up the existing games, if the path is the same. This seems really strange.

2) Definitely a valid, although annoying work around that you have to use.

I'll take a look this afternoon and see if I can whip something up that might help you.

I found the Properties settings bug, and I fixed that.

I also fixed the Download from Steam option, so you will now be able to specify your Steam credentials to download fresh copies, and older alphas.

Latest version is now: 1.0.3.3

I found the Properties settings bug, and I fixed that.

I also fixed the Download from Steam option, so you will now be able to specify your Steam credentials to download fresh copies, and older alphas.

Latest version is now: 1.0.3.3

Thank you the quick reply ... I tried it again before update and it didn't recognized any of the already installed 2 games.

I will install update and all is good ... I thank you

If I still have an issue .. I will let you know .. I forgot to tell you earlier that I'm running Windows 10 :(

Thank you the quick reply ... I tried it again before update and it didn't recognized any of the already installed 2 games.

I will install update and all is good ... I thank you

If I still have an issue .. I will let you know .. I forgot to tell you earlier that I'm running Windows 10 :(

Good luck, and let me know. I'd like to see you get this to work, so you can retire the shortcuts and get your updates :)

Windows 10... what an interesting release Microsoft gave us. A nice platform to deliver their ads to us :)

Good luck, and let me know. I'd like to see you get this to work, so you can retire the shortcuts and get your updates :)

Windows 10... what an interesting release Microsoft gave us. A nice platform to deliver their ads to us :)

THAT Made me LOL about Win 10 to be honest .. I hate it .. BUT to much work to go back and so many new games require it.

ANYWAY ... ALL GOOD .. This Old gamer - THANK YOU AGAIN.

It remembers the drive and folder location ... I also tried it under restarting the computer and still good so far.

I do have 1 question - no big deal - but both games show a different version of 7D2D ... my current version 15.2 b8 - Valmod has b8 - but SDX has b7 ... is that their program versions, just wondering.

Thank you

THAT me LOL about Win 10 to be honest .. I hate it .. BUT to much work to go back and so many new games require it.

ANYWAY ... ALL GOOD .. This Old gamer - THANK YOU AGAIN.

It remembers the drive and folder location ... I also tried it under restarting the computer and still good so far.

I do have 1 question - no big deal - but both games show a different version of 7D2D ... my current version 15.2 b8 - Valmod has b8 - but SDX has b7 ... is that their program versions, just wondering.

Thank you

I think the version that is being displayed is coming from the Assembly-CSharp. Valmod based his release on 15.2b8, while True Survival SDX is based on 15.2b7.

The only fix, if I recall, between b7 and b8 was an EAC fix. Since you cannot play True Survival SDX with EAC, it isn't a big deal.

Good eye though. Most people don't catch that.