The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Unchecking steam did not work. Here is the log file for that try. http://pastebin.com/qebYQhdL

Thanks. I fixed the other configs, so when we get you up and running, the Compo Pack section will work for you as well.

Since you have the option of Launching from Steam, you must be using the Simple Mode?

In Simple Mod, all the mods get installed in the same default Steam Folder. What I think is causing the problem is that the Server DLL mod for the bigger back packs is installed, which is killing the game.

So let's get you fixed up.

1) You'll want to clean out and delete your 7 Days to Die in your Steam folder, and re-validate it.

a) Right click on "7 Days to Die" in Steam, and click on Properties

b) Click on Local Files

c) Click on Browse Local Files

d) select everything in the folder that pops up, and delete it.

e) Back in Steam, click on Verify Integriy of Game Cache. This will re-download the game fresh.

Once that's complete, we'll switch you over to Advanced Mode.

2) In the 7D2D Mod Launcher, click on Advanced

3) Select the Mod you want ( Valmod Expansion Big BackPack, for example).

4) By the Destination Folder for Mods, click on the blue folder, and select a folder where the mods will be. Something like D:\Launcher, or C:\Launcher

5) Once Selected, you'll be able to choose "Copy from an existing Copy". This will copy the game over into a new folder.

6) Once completed, you'll see where the game is installed, example: D:\Launcher\7Days2Mod\Valmod_Expansion_Big_Backpack

a) if you see a \TempMods on the end, click on another mod, then back to that one.

7) Click on Play.

Repeat for all the different Mods you want to play.

The reason that Advanced is more appropriate for you, is that you may be switching mods back and forth. Some mods will have a bigger back pack mod, while others may not, so by separating them, you'll save yourself headaches if it fails on you.

Ah wait, you are saying delete everything and basically reinstalling the game. I was just deleting a few folders I thought were touched by the mods. I will try the full install and then the advanced mode and report back.

Yes. The Bigger Back Pack mod adds in the DLL, which changes a file in a folder you probably weren't thinking about deleting ( 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ ), since it looks like such a scary folder.

I can report that worked. My guess something got corrupted outside of the files I normally keep cleaned up. Would explain never getting advanced mode to work and the trouble I have been having. Thanks for all your help and if I run into anything else I will be sure to let you know.

I can report that worked. My guess something got corrupted outside of the files I normally keep cleaned up. Would explain never getting advanced mode to work and the trouble I have been having. Thanks for all your help and if I run into anything else I will be sure to let you know.

Excellent, glad it worked for you! Enjoy

time set bug? The only thing I added was filtering of files out of the download.

When you set the game time, it sets to time-16 hours, according to your reply a week or so ago. You mentioned it was a bug you'd forgotten to fix.

I'd think it would just be a simple math adjust or input error.

When you set the game time, it sets to time-16 hours, according to your reply a week or so ago. You mentioned it was a bug you'd forgotten to fix.

I'd think it would just be a simple math adjust or input error.

I'm sorry, I'm still not clear. The Launcher doesn't touch anything to do with time.

There's a bug where sometimes TempMods is appended to the end of the path?

Hi Im still not having any luck starting valmod OH through the launcher... I uninstalled everything and deleted all the folders and applications involving 7DTD on steam and the launcher..

I have just now installed the launcher and 7dtd 15.1 through steam, downloaded valmod oh to E drive through the launcher.. but just as before, 7dtd starts for a sec then closes.

Here are the log files incase you can see anything..

7DTD Launcher log file

http://pastebin.com/1BW7XXRJ

7DTD Valmod OH output_log

http://pastebin.com/3Qbkjvv7

Hi Im still not having any luck starting valmod OH through the launcher... I uninstalled everything and deleted all the folders and applications involving 7DTD on steam and the launcher..

I have just now installed the launcher and 7dtd 15.1 through steam, downloaded valmod oh to E drive through the launcher.. but just as before, 7dtd starts for a sec then closes.

Here are the log files incase you can see anything..

7DTD Launcher log file

http://pastebin.com/1BW7XXRJ

7DTD Valmod OH output_log

http://pastebin.com/3Qbkjvv7

Which Config did you use for Valmod OH? It looks like it's using the Server's Assembly-CSharp.dll. Is the Launcher version 1.0.1.7?

Which Config did you use for Valmod OH? It looks like it's using the Server's Assembly-CSharp.dll. Is the Launcher version 1.0.1.7?

Im not sure what you mean by config, and yes I have the latest 1.0.1.7..

I simply reinstalled 7dtd through steam then downloaded the latest launcher.. and chose to download OH to E drive through the launcher.thanks

Im not sure what you mean by config, and yes I have the latest 1.0.1.7..

I simply reinstalled 7dtd through steam then downloaded the latest launcher.. and chose to download OH to E drive through the launcher.thanks

Sorry, by Config, I mean, which mod, in the Launcher, are you using?

Valmod Overhaul Big Backpack, Valmod Overhaul, Valmod Overhaul + Compo pack, Valmod Overhaul Big Backpack + Compo (wow, Valmar is really busy...)

lol he sure is.. I'll have to check out the bigger backpack as that will be pretty usefull.. theres never enough space in the vanilla bag.

Im using the regular Valmod Overhaul with nothing else along side.

Okay great. So this line in the log you sent me:

E:/7DTD_Mod_Launcher/7Days2Mod/Valmod_Overhaul/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlasesD

Notice the D at the end? The Server's Assembly-CSharp.dll calls that file, which implies that the Launcher is grabbing Valmar's server DLL and installing it.

So let's try this:

1) Click on File, click on Clear -> Clear Mod History.

2) Click on File, Load Defaults

3) Click on 7Days2Mod/Valmar-Overhaul again.

4) Delete Mod

Then go through the process of making it again, and we'll see if it's different this time. Maybe your client didn't receive the new Config settings.

Hi again, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the game starts up for a few seconds and closes again..

But, I decided to install another version of valmod too see how that went, the Vamlod OH Big Backpack, and the game loaded up,

I entered my save world and all seems fine..

It would be cool to see what is wrong when I try the regualar overhaul.. in the meantime I can play the big backpack version for now..

- - - Updated - - -

output_log

http://pastebin.com/kZQ5tzib

7D2DLauncher

http://pastebin.com/bEZzJWh1

Hi again, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the game starts up for a few seconds and closes again..

But, I decided to install another version of valmod too see how that went, the Vamlod OH Big Backpack, and the game loaded up,

I entered my save world and all seems fine..

It would be cool to see what is wrong when I try the regualar overhaul.. in the meantime I can play the big backpack version for now..

- - - Updated - - -

output_log

http://pastebin.com/kZQ5tzib

7D2DLauncher

http://pastebin.com/bEZzJWh1

Thanks, and sorry about the trouble. I'll load up the Overhaul tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

Thanks, and sorry about the trouble. I'll load up the Overhaul tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

No need to aplogise, the slight problems Ive been having, and others in the thread, you've been all over it quickly.. thats very much appreciated.

And thanks again for the launcher, its made playing mods so easy compared to copy n paste over vanilla and having to uninstall to play other mods...

No need to aplogise, the slight problems Ive been having, and others in the thread, you've been all over it quickly.. thats very much appreciated.

And thanks again for the launcher, its made playing mods so easy compared to copy n paste over vanilla and having to uninstall to play other mods...

New Update has been pushed out. Re-run the Launcher to auto-update to 1.0.1.9, and let me know if you have any trouble.

does it make a full copy of game or does it just add mod files? Have large SDD and HDD but have ton of junk on them so limited on space atm till get new drives. So in mean time wanted to know how works? also a few friends use laptops with limited space also

Simple Mode uses the Steam folder and tries to swap mods in and out. Sometimes you'll need to delete your Steam folder, and re-verify in Steam, if things get mucked up.

Advanced Mode creates a copy, isolating each mod, but at a cost of about 2G per install folder.

New Update is released. Current version is now 1.0.2.0. Restart the launcher, or click on the original post links to get the fresh version.

- Removed textuploader.com host check, which was slowing down start up by a considerable amount.

- Added some github integration, to allow faster downloads of larger mods, such as SDX.

- Added a Disable UNET check mark for Advanced Mode. This will disable unet, which has been causing players on servers to be disconnected frequently.

- Added SDX-ready hooks for when the new SDX is dropped.

• 2 weeks later...