The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I downloaded the 7D2D launcher and on my desktop and the icon says" 7D2DMODLAUNCHER.EXE"...when I click on icon it doesn't install a desktop launcher it just opens and when I try to click on true survival or any mod and click on install mod nothing happens....any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry you are having trouble. Let's get you set up.

See if these steps make sense:

Short Mod Launcher Guide:

1) Click on Advanced

2) Click on Spider

3) For the Destination Folder, you can click on the folder to pick where the mod will be installed at. By default, it's C:\7D2D\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Click on Copy to make a copy of your Steam folder

6) Click on Play mod

NOTE: The first time you press Play, it will take awhile to download. True Survival SDX is about 500 megs, so depending on how fast your internet connection is, it could take 5 minutes up to an hour. Every other time after that will be much faster.

Sorry you are having trouble. Let's get you set up.

See if these steps make sense:

Short Mod Launcher Guide:

1) Click on Advanced

2) Click on Spider

3) For the Destination Folder, you can click on the folder to pick where the mod will be installed at. By default, it's C:\7D2D\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Click on Copy to make a copy of your Steam folder

6) Click on Play mod

NOTE: The first time you press Play, it will take awhile to download. True Survival SDX is about 500 megs, so depending on how fast your internet connection is, it could take 5 minutes up to an hour. Every other time after that will be much faster.

no need to apologize.......thank you so much for your fast response....I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong but I watched video and followed your instructions exactly and when I open the spider on left side and highlight true survival and click on install mod....true survival isn't highlighted anymore and nothing happens? also....when I open launcher.exe isn't it supposed to create a desktop icon? it's not.....the .exe just opens . thanks Rich

no need to apologize.......thank you so much for your fast response....I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong but I watched video and followed your instructions exactly and when I open the spider on left side and highlight true survival and click on install mod....true survival isn't highlighted anymore and nothing happens? also....when I open launcher.exe isn't it supposed to create a desktop icon? it's not.....the .exe just opens . thanks Rich

Definitely a bit strange.

The 7D2DModLauncher.exe can install and start the Mod Launcher both. You can add it to Steam as a non-Steam game to give you games' the steam overlay.

When you click on Install mod, it should make a copy of your 7 Days to Die folder. In the drop down box, below Copy From Existing, have you selected the Steam path of your 7 Days to die folder?

You could also click on the View menu, then go to Log Files. There, you should see the Launcher's log file. You can click on the Upload log file, and it will give you a pastebin.com link. If you give me that, I can look at the log file and see what's up.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Backgroud Task Failed

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 9 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 9 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

INFO 7 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ to C:\Program_Files_(x86)\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

I wonder if it doesn't like the destination folder. Can you change it to something like c:\7d2d, rather than program files?

I wonder if it doesn't like the destination folder. Can you change it to something like c:\7d2d, rather than program files?

give me a sec and i'll try.....also.....I forgot to specify that I had it working but I felt the urge to try and install larger backpack mod...it created an error so I deleted launcher and re-downloaded it and this is where I'm at....also...when I open launcher.exe isn't it supposed to create a desktop launcher separate from download?

give me a sec and i'll try.....also.....I forgot to specify that I had it working but I felt the urge to try and install larger backpack mod...it created an error so I deleted launcher and re-downloaded it and this is where I'm at....also...when I open launcher.exe isn't it supposed to create a desktop launcher separate from download

okay....I changed destination folder and it didn't help.....when I click on install mad the whole page "blinks" and for a sec green download bar on bottom pops up but goes right away and nothing happens? I wish I could explain it better

give me a sec and i'll try.....also.....I forgot to specify that I had it working but I felt the urge to try and install larger backpack mod...it created an error so I deleted launcher and re-downloaded it and this is where I'm at....also...when I open launcher.exe isn't it supposed to create a desktop launcher separate from download

okay....I changed destination folder and it didn't help.....when I click on install mad the whole page "blinks" and for a sec green download bar on bottom pops up but goes right away and nothing happens? I wish I could explain it better

Is your steam folder okay? Can you play vanilla?

yes vanilla plays fine. thanks

Alright, let's see if we can get you fixed up.

Bring up the Launcher and click on Test Mod Sync for one of the Mods. Then, in the View menu, click on Log Files, then click on the button that says "Upload Log file". A pastebin.com link will be given to you. Can you give me that one to look at the error?

Alright, let's see if we can get you fixed up.

Bring up the Launcher and click on Test Mod Sync for one of the Mods. Then, in the View menu, click on Log Files, then click on the button that says "Upload Log file". A pastebin.com link will be given to you. Can you give me that one to look at the error?

I'm really sorry........I don't see anywhere on launcher where it says" test mod sync" ......am I supposed to have desktop launcher icon? in the youtube video I watched from skippy he has a launcher icon......I have a 7D2D mod launcher.exe icon? could that be the problem?

I'm really sorry........I don't see anywhere on launcher where it says" test mod sync" ......am I supposed to have desktop launcher icon? in the youtube video I watched from skippy he has a launcher icon......I have a 7D2D mod launcher.exe icon? could that be the problem?

No worries.

The 7D2D Mod Launcher.exe is good too. When you first start it, do you see a list of mods along the side?

If you do, you can click on Spider, then click again on True Survival SDX.

okay...I clicked on it

Excellent.

Do you have an Install Mod button? If you do, then select your Steam copy of 7 Days to Die from the drop down above the button, and click it. It'll make a copy of the game for you.

If you have already done that, you should see a Test Mod Sync button. Click on that. Once that's done, go to the View menu at the top, then click on Log Files. In that screen, click on Upload Log File.

After a few seconds, a https://pastebin.com link should appear to the right hand side. Copy and paste that URL to me, and I'll see what's going on.

INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam

INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - +login balboa2151 ****** +force_install_dir C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX +app_update 251570 -beta validate +quit

INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Steam Command finished: 7

INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Exiting and restarting Steam

INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Steam Restarted

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Syncing From Steam

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Sync folder is now: C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\TempMods\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Target Folder is now: C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

so....I clicked on download from steam....thses are the files from the view log....I have an install mod button.....where exactly is it making a copy? and you're going to think I'm stupid but I still don't see a test mod sync button and the 7D2D folder in the C drive is empty

Edited by Balboa2151 (see edit history)

No worries. I'm not looking down at you, or anyone else who has trouble :)

It's installing by default, to C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\.

I wonder if the Download worked. Can you check that folder and see if there's any files? If not, then something happened during the Steam sync. You could try to choose Copy From... and make a copy from your existing 7 Days to Die.

OMFG....I made a copy of 7 days and put it in the c\7D2D folder and clicked on download mod and it worked.... I guess launcher was having problems downloading copy on it's own? so.....while I have you helping me....if I want to play any of the other mods do I need multiple copies of 7 days in 7D2D? if I play true survival and then play starvation mod will the copy of 7 days in c\7D2D get overwritten?

The Mod Launcher will make a copy of your game, then it will add True Survival SDX to it. So that's our end goal, so let's make that happen :)

Usually your copy of 7 Days to Die is found under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die. Is that where your game is install at for Steam?

Here is what you should be seeing:

brYd7jQ.png

And after you click on Install Mod ( expect this to take 5 to 10 minutes ), then you should see this:

gCTlbFZ.png

- - - Updated - - -

OMFG....I made a copy of 7 days and put it in the c\7D2D folder and clicked on download mod and it worked.... I guess launcher was having problems downloading copy on it's own? so.....while I have you helping me....if I want to play any of the other mods do I need multiple copies of 7 days in 7D2D? if I play true survival and then play starvation mod will the copy of 7 days in c\7D2D get overwritten?

True Survival SDX should install under C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX. NOthing should over-write it. You can play other mods too, and the launcher will keep a separate copy of the game for each mod.

Note that the Starvation Launcher requires that you make the copy of the game first, before installing the mod. The 7D2D Mod Launcher assumes you don't have a copy, and will make the copy for you. This could get confusing if you are switching back and forth, and aren't quite familiar with both launchers :)

I thinking, just from reading his responses and having not yet seen your launcher, that he hasn't pointed your launcher to the game path, and its default is /7dtd/?

Could be. There's two paths that really matter; your Steam path, and where you want to install the mods to (Destination path).

The Mod Launcher will look for your Steam Path for you, and make it available in the drop down box. The Destination path defaults to C:\7D2D, because I do not have very good imagination for names.

I think he may have made a copy of the game under C:\7D2D manually, and that might have confused the Launcher, since it would expect a certain folder structure.

"Note that the Starvation Launcher requires that you make the copy of the game first" .....where do I place copy of game once I download files? also.....if launcher is having problems making copy's from steam folder.....do I need to copy and paste several 7 days to die in c\7D2D folder so each mod has it's own copy? does that make sense?

"Note that the Starvation Launcher requires that you make the copy of the game first" .....where do I place copy of game once I download files? also.....if launcher is having problems making copy's from steam folder.....do I need to copy and paste several 7 days to die in c\7D2D folder so each mod has it's own copy? does that make sense?

Are you trying to run Starvation? Or is your goal for True Survival SDX? They would have separate install guides. I can help you with both, but I don't want to confuse you any more than you currently are :)

Are you trying to run Starvation? Or is your goal for True Survival SDX? They would have separate install guides. I can help you with both, but I don't want to confuse you any more than you currently are :)

you've helped me enough.....I don't want to take up any more of your time......you're very nice for helping me as much as you did.....it's very much appreciated....THANK YOU