The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Oh it's no worries. I don't want people to struggle with installing mods; it's meant to make things easier, and not add any extra frustration in your life :)

If you still have patience, then I would suggest doing something like this:

1) Open up 7D2D Mod Launcher

2) Click on Spider

3) Click on the Blue Folder icon and pick a new Destination Folder, such as C:\Launcher\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Copy From Existing, and select your Steam Folder

6) Install Mod

And see if that takes you somewhere better.

I tried to install the launcher.exe but my virusscanner goes nuts...

I think it's a save file but I hate it when this happens :upset:

Hi Fren

unfortunately, sometimes it does get flagged. Are you trying to run the 7D2DModLauncher.exe? You could try the other link, skipping that exe. Maybe it won't get flagged for you.

You could always add an exception on your anti-virus, but I understand your concern.

[EU PvP] - Brotherhood True Survival SDX Wiped and LIVE from 7th April 2017!!!

Greetings guys!

We have been running the 7DTD EU-PvP Brotherhood server for some time now. And this Easter we will WIPE the vanilla server with our own XML modding to test the True Survival SDX mod!

So if you like a refresh start for this ultimate Survival experience then come join our server

Wiped and LIVE from 7th April 2017!!!

[EU PvP] - Brotherhood True Survival SDX

Connection IP: 185.62.206.77

Port: 26900

Easiest way to install Mod is to download and install the 7D2D Mod Launcher at: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

Then open the ModLauncher, click the Spider and install the True Survival SDX mod.

The Mod does not like EAC so turn that OFF before launching 7DTD game.

See you guys ingame i hope!

Launcher Help

Sphereii-

First and foremost I want to say thank you so much for this launcher! This is the best thing ever, and I am in love with it!! It so easy to use, and for someone like me who isn't super tech savvy, it helps with the frustrations that come from trying to do each one singularly.

Soooo.....here's my quesiton. On the video I watched where I found the masterpiece, it showed the SDX starvation mod in the list, but I don't see it there. Now. Sad Face. I really want to get my butt kicked on that mod, but it's not in your handy masterpiece. I've tried to add the mod to a copy of the game myself, and it hasn't worked either time. I followed the video they recommended to a T, and it just will not work.

My question is how do I get Starvation Mod back into the list? I really would love to play it! Thank you for all your hard work on this wonderful program. My boyfriend and I recently started a YouTube channel, and I would love to be able to point people to your launcher if that's ok with you? I think it's an awesome tool for people!! Thanks so much for any help you might offer!!!

Sphereii-

First and foremost I want to say thank you so much for this launcher! This is the best thing ever, and I am in love with it!! It so easy to use, and for someone like me who isn't super tech savvy, it helps with the frustrations that come from trying to do each one singularly.

Soooo.....here's my quesiton. On the video I watched where I found the masterpiece, it showed the SDX starvation mod in the list, but I don't see it there. Now. Sad Face. I really want to get my butt kicked on that mod, but it's not in your handy masterpiece. I've tried to add the mod to a copy of the game myself, and it hasn't worked either time. I followed the video they recommended to a T, and it just will not work.

My question is how do I get Starvation Mod back into the list? I really would love to play it! Thank you for all your hard work on this wonderful program. My boyfriend and I recently started a YouTube channel, and I would love to be able to point people to your launcher if that's ok with you? I think it's an awesome tool for people!! Thanks so much for any help you might offer!!!

Hey GotInk666

The Starvation server you seen in the listing was for a private, white-listed DONA server. They re-hosted Starvation for a consistent game play, rather than requiring its existing users to use a different Launcher. All of DONA servers are configured through this Mod Launcher.

Since then, they have switched to True Survival SDX, and have taken down their link to the Starvation download.

Starvation from the Starvation Team is only currentl available through their Launcher, as it is using its own repo that I don't have access too.

Great launcher, really helpful.

But I cant seem to get the patches to work, it just comes up saying "wasnt meant for this file" but it says patch complete.

And when I go ingame, the patches have not worked :/

- - - Updated - - -

Extracting file...

Uncompressing C:\program_files_(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7_Days_To_Die\7Days2Mod_CompoPack\Valmod_Overhaul\TempMods\7D2DPatcher\Patch.zip

Applying Patch...

This Patch was not designed for this file.

Not Patching: C:\program_files_(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7_Days_To_Die\7Days2Mod_CompoPack\Valmod_Overhaul\7DaysToDie_Data\resources.assets

Patch Process is Complete.

Hey venom

I probably forgot to update the patches for 15.2; the patches are probably just compatible with 15.1. I'll see if I can get them updated tomorrow.

The Patches has a safety system, so it won't apply a patch that won't be 100% successful.

Steam Stream

Is there a way to use this mod launcher with the steam stream option? I love to game on my laptop using the stream feature but since I have to launch the game through the app and not through the steam interface to select stream, I can't figure out if it is possible. Thanks in advance!

Hey tbonepat11. User since 2014, and your first post is on my thread. I feel honoured :)

I don't really understand what allows the Stream option. I'm assuming it needs some kind of Steam integration, which I don't have.

Since the streaming option means that game needs to be installed on the desktop, then the Launcher would have to also be running on the desktop. Have you added the 7D2D Mod Launcher to the desktop machine?

That's the only thing I can think of right off.

Hey tbonepat11. User since 2014, and your first post is on my thread. I feel honoured :)

I don't really understand what allows the Stream option. I'm assuming it needs some kind of Steam integration, which I don't have.

Since the streaming option means that game needs to be installed on the desktop, then the Launcher would have to also be running on the desktop. Have you added the 7D2D Mod Launcher to the desktop machine?

That's the only thing I can think of right off.

Yeah and it runs great on the​ desktop. The stream option basically mirrors the desktop but the only way I know how to launch the game that way is through the Steam interface.

I love the option to launch and try out multiple mods while keeping vanilla. I was hoping to be able to launch mods through your launcher while streaming as well but it seems the only way to do it is through the Steam interface?

Yeah and it runs great on the​ desktop. The stream option basically mirrors the desktop but the only way I know how to launch the game that way is through the Steam interface.

I love the option to launch and try out multiple mods while keeping vanilla. I was hoping to be able to launch mods through your launcher while streaming as well but it seems the only way to do it is through the Steam interface?

I've been trying to think of a way to do this. Can you Stream the Launcher itself? And it just fails to properly stream the game?

I've been trying to think of a way to do this. Can you Stream the Launcher itself? And it just fails to properly stream the game?

You run the steam program on the device you will be streaming to. In the steam program instead of the play button you hit stream from the pull down menu.

After the game launches then it is a mirror basically so I don't have access to the launcher.

Whether this works or not, if you haven't tried it I recommend it. Allows me to game on my crappy laptops and htpcs in decent quality. Useful when watching my daughter and whatnot.

Edited by tbonepat11 (see edit history)

You run the steam program on the device you will be streaming to. In the steam program instead of the play button you hit stream from the pull down menu.

After the game launches then it is a mirror basically so I don't have access to the launcher.

Whether this works or not, if you haven't tried it I recommend it. Allows me to game on my crappy laptops and htpcs in decent quality. Useful when watching my daughter and whatnot.

I have streamed before, but never thought of trying to get the launcher to stream.

I may have to think about away to do testing on this. All my servers and workstations were lost in a fire a few weeks ago, so I haven't a chance yet to start rebuilding them. I'll look at it, and see if its something I can implement.

I have streamed before, but never thought of trying to get the launcher to stream.

I may have to think about away to do testing on this. All my servers and workstations were lost in a fire a few weeks ago, so I haven't a chance yet to start rebuilding them. I'll look at it, and see if its something I can implement.

Sucks about your servers. Would be a pretty amazing addition but I worry it might be a ton of work for a handful of people lol.

Sucks about your servers. Would be a pretty amazing addition but I worry it might be a ton of work for a handful of people lol.

It's kind of a cool feature though. The Launcher already accepts a file as a parameter. Give me some time, and I'll see what I can do. I'll try to remember to send you a PM too, in case you aren't monitoring the thread much :)

...now THAT'S an overheating problem.

...now THAT'S an overheating problem.

I need liquid cooling I think.... might be safer.

This is our second house fire. We had just moved in with everything new in January 2016. My insurance company must loves me.

Launcher code was stored responsibly and safely offsite :)

Lol wait, it was due to overheating hardware? Btw, I'm an insurance adjuster, and we like work. :)

First fire was a kitten who chewed through a hair curler. No one was home for 10 hours; was a smoldering fire that willed both floors with smoth. Fire department stamped it out with their foot. One cat passed away (he wasn't the kitten) Took about 4 months to do the restore. In retaliation, I removed the cat's balls on our return, then he ran away :)

Second fire was due to a laptop charging cable laying on the bed. Power brick on the floor, plugged into the wall, but not the laptop. Smoke + flames this time. This fire went on for about 2 hours before it was caught. Again, smoldering smoke and water damage this time. Rough estimates 4 to 6 months.

Both fires resulted in a tear-down-to-the-studs work in about 75% of the house.

It sucks, but we are in a rental. We can start replacing hardware, but... meh, kids are kind of playing with each other... rather than in their rooms on their computers, so we aren't rushing to purchase stuff.

Hi Fren

unfortunately, sometimes it does get flagged. Are you trying to run the 7D2DModLauncher.exe? You could try the other link, skipping that exe. Maybe it won't get flagged for you.

You could always add an exception on your anti-virus, but I understand your concern.

Well seems both got flagged... still figuring out what to do and if it's useful for me...probably it is cause I play too much 7 days and I like too many mods at the same time lol