The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Spider, the downloads I'm seeing are compo mod, and then the bad company mod. If I'm ready by things right, the bad company mod install will over write the compo rwgmixer.

If it does, then the only poi's that will show up are the ones included in and listed in the bad company rwgmixer.

If that's the case, then you really don't need the compo mod, since many of its buildings are included in bad company.

Or do you have a custom new rwgmixer for random gen that is based off bad company and includes the additions from compo?

I stripped out the animal zombies and bandits from bad co, and wanted to add in the additional compo buildings, but that's a lot of adding to the mixer, and I still havent really modded it at all yet

Some mods play well with CompoPack and MegaCity packs, while others do not, which is why I usually ask the modders if they want that support or not. True Survival does have its own prefabs and mixer, and so mixing it with CompoPack is unnecessary.

Some modders, such as Valmar, only modify the other XML files, leaving the prefabs either vanilla or compopack, at the discretion of the player.

Other modders include their own prefabs to customize the experience for their players, like Bad Company and True Survival do. They typically remove prefabs that don't really match the vision of their mod (like a perfect mansion, which includes a bunker and 5+ forges). If you find that prefab, then you are well ahead of the game, and make it a lot easier.

Hi Ive been using the launcher for a while to play Valmod Overhaul.. but for some reason tonight it wont let me play the mod.

Im pressing play on the launcher as I have always done, as the game starts up it shows on the taskbar for a few seconds then closes.

Ive deleted the mod and re-downloaded but cant seem to get it to run..

I tried bypassing the launcher and clicking on the 7dtd application in the folder that the launcher installed the mod too but same result, the game shows for a few seconds then closes..

Any ideas ?

EDIT: Ive just seen the update for Valmod, for some reason the mod wont load for me as 7dtd starts for a few secs then closes..

Edited by TempusFugit (see edit history)

Hi Ive been using the launcher for a while to play Valmod Overhaul.. but for some reason tonight it wont let me play the mod.

Im pressing play on the launcher as I have always done, as the game starts up it shows on the taskbar for a few seconds then closes.

Ive deleted the mod and re-downloaded but cant seem to get it to run..

I tried bypassing the launcher and clicking on the 7dtd application in the folder that the launcher installed the mod too but same result, the game shows for a few seconds then closes..

Any ideas ?

EDIT: Ive just seen the update for Valmod, for some reason the mod wont load for me as 7dtd starts for a few secs then closes..

Hey TempusFugit.

After the game fails, would you mind posting the log file? You can go to the View menu, click on Log files, then select the 7 Days To Die folder. It'll give you a pastebin.com link. If you share that, I'll take a look at it.

Are you trying to run the mod on A15, or the experimental A15.1? I don't think Valmar supports A15.1 yet, but I could be wrong.

Hi, here is the log

http://pastebin.com/408jpa3P

I just played 30 mins of vanilla from my desktop shortcut to bypass the mod/launcher and it played fine.

I tried the launcher/valmod overhaul straight after and it looked like it was going to load, as it showed on my desktop this time for a few secs then closed.

EDIT: I just read fully what you asked, Im using a15 stable...

Edited by TempusFugit (see edit history)

Thanks for the log. This is the error you are getting:

Unable to open archive file: E:/Program_Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/7_Days_To_Die/7DTD_M_Launcher/7Days2Mod/7Days2Mod/Valmod_Overhaul/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlasesD

Can you confirm that path actually exists for you? I notice there's two 7Days2Mod/7Days2Mod folders, which seems a bit unusual.

Hi I get to the folder 7DaysToDie_Data and looked inside and all the sub folders inside but cant see BlockTextureAtlasesD

I have a second folder to try and play a12.5 , which wont run so I decided to skip and keep play a15...

Thanks for the help, this is all new to me..

No problem for the help.

In the Log Files menu, there's also another type of log available, and that's for the 7D2DLauncher itself. After you try to restart the game through the launcher, would you mind going in, and uploading that log file as well?

I just had some food to come back and see 15.1 has been released and is downloading as I type, Im going to continue with valmod in the meantime..

As steam has automatic downloads for my game I will have to downgrade for now, until Valmar has his mod ready for 15.1

Im downgrading my steam client to 15.0 as it has upgraded to 15.1 while I was away just now..

I'll run the game and upload the launcher log file once its done...

I, also, have been having the same issue. Does not seem to be related to just valmod. No mod will work. I suspect the log files are the same. Wondering if a redownload of the launcher might be a quick fix? Thinking maybe something got messed up.

Launcher logfile for 15.0..with valmod overhaul installed through the mod.

http://pastebin.com/ggWWZUmi

Thanks again for the log. Everything looks fine there, nothing critical failed.

The Mod Launcher makes a copy of the game, so with your Steam downloading alpha 15.1, your Valmar's copy should still have Alpha 15.0, and so should still work.

I'll look over your first log file more.

I think I traced the issue for Overhaul.

It looks like the Backpack expansion mod is being installed, but grabbing the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the Server folder, which is causing the issue with the BlockTextureAtlsasesD file, which only exists on the Server.

I'll see if there's something I can do on my end to filter it.

New version of the Launcher will be pushed out later this evening, once I perform a bit more testing.

This will allow filtering, which will allow Valmar's mods to work as expected again. New Configs will be added to support Valmar's various Bigger Backpack options as well, for those interested.

New version of the Launcher will be pushed out later this evening, once I perform a bit more testing.

This will allow filtering, which will allow Valmar's mods to work as expected again. New Configs will be added to support Valmar's various Bigger Backpack options as well, for those interested.

Thats good to know, thanks for your work on the launcher.

New update should be rolling out to the Cloud. Version 1.0.1.7 should automatically update next time you start the program.

If it does not update, click on the original link again, and it'll install the update.

I added the ability to exclude file paths in the Config files, which will allow Valmar's mods to work.

In addition to updating Valmar's config, I also added additional Configs for Valmod, to include options for the Bigger Back Packs for Overhaul and Expansion.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but is still not working for me. Game runs a few seconds and then closes.

Which Mod are you trying? And can you post your log file for the 7 Days to Die? You can go to the View menu, then Log Files, and select the game's log file.

The version of the Mod Launcher should be displayed too. Old version is 1.0.1.6. New version is 1.0.1.7

Did you fix the time set bug? I find we are using it quite often. I'm hoping distant freinds can connect to a server using this tomorrow or Sat. Specific info on requirements and what ports need to be opened was a bit hard to pin down.

We used steam to connect the other night, but I suspect that probably introduces more lag that a standalone home server.

Did you fix the time set bug? I find we are using it quite often. I'm hoping distant freinds can connect to a server using this tomorrow or Sat. Specific info on requirements and what ports need to be opened was a bit hard to pin down.

We used steam to connect the other night, but I suspect that probably introduces more lag that a standalone home server.

time set bug? The only thing I added was filtering of files out of the download.

Well one thing I noticed is that I was playing Valmod Overhaul with Comp Pack. Does not look like you did different files for that area. I noticed you did different ones for just the overhaul and expansion areas. So I tried launching the non backpack versions there and still got a few seconds run time from the game before it shut down.

http://pastebin.com/5a7mCHKZ

and yes, this is the latest version you put out last night.

Well one thing I noticed is that I was playing Valmod Overhaul with Comp Pack. Does not look like you did different files for that area. I noticed you did different ones for just the overhaul and expansion areas. So I tried launching the non backpack versions there and still got a few seconds run time from the game before it shut down.

http://pastebin.com/5a7mCHKZ

and yes, this is the latest version you put out last night.

My bad, I think I forgot to update the Compo pack's config. I'll do that in a few minutes.

In the log file, I noticed this:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - launching: steam://rungameid/251570

You have the Launch With Steam setting enabled. Try to uncheck that and see if it changes things.