The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hi, I just downloaded and installed the experimental build. I was wondering if there was a way that I could install it on a different drive rather than C drive, or at least have the game copies placed on a different drive.

I have had zero issues with this. I run both the game client, and the launcher from a different drive.

Hi, I just downloaded and installed the experimental build. I was wondering if there was a way that I could install it on a different drive rather than C drive, or at least have the game copies placed on a different drive.

If you click on the Testing Mod, you should see a Destination Folder for Mods. This will allow you to change where the mods get installed too. You can't control the individual mods, but you can tell them to use a different folder or drive if you want.

No problem for the late answer.

Test 1) Apparently I was not clear enough. If I open the XML file LOCAL from my hard disk, then I still get these errors. If I open it via url (of course the git raw version), all is fine.

Test 2) No errors detected anymore.

Thank you for your help.

I'll take a look at loading from the file! I did misunderstand that.

The Mod Launcher is now officially released. It's on a new hosting site, but the old one should re-direct. If it doesn't, please click here https://7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/Installer/publish/ to get the new one!

This version includes added support for modlets. Note, this feature is experimental, so check it out, and let me know how it works. More mods will start appearing over the next few days and weeks.

Existing mods are install in your base folder. New Alpha 17 mods are installed under the base folder + Alpha17 folder.

Step #1: Install the MyTestMod under Testing

LzQz1pol.png

Step #2: Click on Manage Modlets

EG44AlAl.png

Step #3: Select which ones you want!

nqAflDnl.png

Step #4: Play!

dGhTlZPl.png

Older Alpha 16 Mods are available here, through this drop down.

0uX08lEl.png

Have fun!

-sphereii

Edited by sphereii (see edit history)

Happy Holiday's Sphereii

I have a problem .. I wanted to do a Fresh install of the Launcher .. So I uninstalled the Old version using my Uninstaller software ... Deleted all files that I could find and even went into Regedit ..

Problem is .. it is still showing up in the menu and still works somewhat. How do I do a full uninstall .. is there a hidden file under a different name. ( I've used sphere software .. 7d2d launcher .. and everything else I can think of .. But I must be missing something )

Also if some of it is still installed and Can I just go ahead with the Update .. will it fix itself ....... I Know alot of " IF "

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year

Thank you ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Guest alexpage1111

Hello, the launcher was amazing untill today, now I cant play any mods, not on 16 or 17, any way I try to play mods the game either crashes or loads with no mods included, please advise me, I think I already messed up a save but starting again is all the fun of playing 7d2d,

and merry christmas to you all

Just to add first of the mod launcher wouldnt open till I reinstalled it from the site, tried simple install and advanced installed, both which I managed to work before today (about lunch time) I have cleared exexsting doanloads and starts from scratch is there something I am missing or should I just wait?

Edited by alexpage1111
added information (see edit history)

Config file? Eh?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Template.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Servers>
<ServerGroup Name="Sphereii-mental" Logo="" Description="Highly Experimental SDX Builds">
	<Server Name="CHS" Logo="">
		<Description>
		</Description>
		<DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>
		<Excludes>
			<Exclude>7DaysToDieServer_Data</Exclude>
			<Exclude>SDX0.7.2c</Exclude>
			<Exclude>SDX0.7.2cServer</Exclude>
			<Exclude>Entities</Exclude>
		</Excludes>
		<Version>alpha16.4</Version>
		<RSS/>
		<ReleaseNotes/>
		<Downloads><Download>https://github.com/SphereII/CHS/archive/master.zip</Download>
		</Downloads>
	</Server>
</ServerGroup>
</Servers>

Good afternoon and it is Good .. Sphereii

I finally found the extensions .. that my Uninstaller missed .. it sure wasn't easy, but done I think.

Something to think about when you have some time .. lol very rare I know .. maybe putting in an uninstaller to the program, just a thought.

You have a Great Holiday day and Hope all is well wit you and family .. Take Care … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Hey Spherii,

Having some issues with the running of mods so far. From the looks of it, mods aren't being copied over from the TempMods/ folder to the main mods folder, and the github repositories are also not being connected to even with Direct Download disabled. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Hello, the launcher was amazing untill today, now I cant play any mods, not on 16 or 17, any way I try to play mods the game either crashes or loads with no mods included, please advise me, I think I already messed up a save but starting again is all the fun of playing 7d2d,

and merry christmas to you all

Just to add first of the mod launcher wouldnt open till I reinstalled it from the site, tried simple install and advanced installed, both which I managed to work before today (about lunch time) I have cleared exexsting doanloads and starts from scratch is there something I am missing or should I just wait?

Sorry for the delay in answer. I've pushed another fix. If the problem still persists, can you let me know what error its crashing on?

Hello sphereii,

I'm pretty sure this worked before but now following file in my zip file is not copied:

Data\Config\Localization - Quest.txt

XML file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MrCerealGuy/Tazas-Grave/master/tazas-grave-modlauncher_a17.xml

@Server Name="Tazas Grave 1.6.3"

Thanks

Edited by MrCerealGuy (see edit history)

I cant start the launcher ... it downloads an update an then drops this:

Two day ago everything worked fine.

INFO ZUR PLATTFORMVERSION
Windows 			: 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
clr.dll 			: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll 			: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

QUELLEN
Bereitstellungs-URL			: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/7D2DLauncher.appref-ms%7C
					Server		: GitHub.com
Bereitstellungsanbieter-URL		: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application
					Server		: Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
Anwendungs-URL			: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_1_0_26/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

IDENTITؤTEN
Anwendungsidentitنt		: 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.1.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e0f221a1532324c5, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG
Es folgt eine Zusammenfassung der Fehler. Details zu diesen Fehlern werden spنter im Protokoll aufgelistet.
* Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7D2DLauncher.appref-ms| führte zu einer Ausnahme. Folgende Fehlermeldungen wurden entdeckt:
	+ Die Anwendung 7D2DLauncher wurde bereits von einem anderen Ort installiert. Deinstallieren Sie 7D2DLauncher.

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG FـR DIE SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es wurde kein Transaktionsfehler festgestellt.

WARNUNGEN
Wنhrend dieses Vorgangs gab es keine Warnungen.

FORTSCHRITTSSTATUS DES VORGANGS
* [23.12.2018 19:34:38] : Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7D2DLauncher.appref-ms| wurde gestartet.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:38] : Erforderliche ـberprüfung auf Updates wird so ausgeführt, wie dies durch die Bereitstellung angegeben ist.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:40] : Neue Aktualisierung wird verwendet
* [23.12.2018 19:34:41] : Die Installation der Anwendung wurde gestartet.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Das Verarbeiten des Anwendungsmanifestes wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Kompatible Laufzeitversion 4.0.30319 gefunden.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Die Anforderung der Vertrauensstellung und die Ermittlung der Plattform sind abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] : Das Downloaden von Abonnementabhنngigkeiten ist abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] : Das Ausführen des Commits für die gedownloadete Anwendung wurde gestartet.

FEHLERDETAILS
Folgende Fehler wurden bei diesem Vorgang entdeckt.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (GroupMultipleMatch)
	- Die Anwendung 7D2DLauncher wurde bereits von einem anderen Ort installiert. Deinstallieren Sie 7D2DLauncher.
	- Quelle: System.Deployment
	- Stapelüberwachung:
		bei System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelِst wurde ---
		bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

DETAILS ZUR SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es sind keine Transaktionsinformationen verfügbar.

I cant start the launcher ... it downloads an update an then drops this:

Two day ago everything worked fine.

INFO ZUR PLATTFORMVERSION
Windows 			: 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
clr.dll 			: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll 			: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

QUELLEN
Bereitstellungs-URL			: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/7D2DLauncher.appref-ms%7C
					Server		: GitHub.com
Bereitstellungsanbieter-URL		: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application
Anwendungs-URL			: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_1_0_26/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

IDENTITؤTEN
Anwendungsidentitنt		: 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.1.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e0f221a1532324c5, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG
Es folgt eine Zusammenfassung der Fehler. Details zu diesen Fehlern werden spنter im Protokoll aufgelistet.
* Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7D2DLauncher.appref-ms| führte zu einer Ausnahme. Folgende Fehlermeldungen wurden entdeckt:
	+ Die Anwendung 7D2DLauncher wurde bereits von einem anderen Ort installiert. Deinstallieren Sie 7D2DLauncher.

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG FـR DIE SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es wurde kein Transaktionsfehler festgestellt.

WARNUNGEN
Wنhrend dieses Vorgangs gab es keine Warnungen.

FORTSCHRITTSSTATUS DES VORGANGS
* [23.12.2018 19:34:38] : Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7D2DLauncher.appref-ms| wurde gestartet.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:38] : Erforderliche ـberprüfung auf Updates wird so ausgeführt, wie dies durch die Bereitstellung angegeben ist.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:40] : Neue Aktualisierung wird verwendet
* [23.12.2018 19:34:41] : Die Installation der Anwendung wurde gestartet.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Das Verarbeiten des Anwendungsmanifestes wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Kompatible Laufzeitversion 4.0.30319 gefunden.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:42] : Die Anforderung der Vertrauensstellung und die Ermittlung der Plattform sind abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] : Das Downloaden von Abonnementabhنngigkeiten ist abgeschlossen.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] : Das Ausführen des Commits für die gedownloadete Anwendung wurde gestartet.

FEHLERDETAILS
Folgende Fehler wurden bei diesem Vorgang entdeckt.
* [23.12.2018 19:34:48] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (GroupMultipleMatch)
	- Die Anwendung 7D2DLauncher wurde bereits von einem anderen Ort installiert. Deinstallieren Sie 7D2DLauncher.
	- Quelle: System.Deployment
	- Stapelüberwachung:
		bei System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelِst wurde ---
		bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
		bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

DETAILS ZUR SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es sind keine Transaktionsinformationen verfügbar.

There's been issues with switching hosting providers. Can you install from the new location: https://7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/Installer/publish/

First off, tahnks to EVERYONE for all your work on these Mods! SO FREAKING AMAZING!!!

BUT... Once again I uninstalled and manually deleted every folder and file and registry key associated with and related to 7D2D and Steam on my system. After a system restart I reinstalled Steam, installed the 7D2D game in Steam, downloaded a fresh copy of the 7D2D Mod Loader but when I try to launch the 7D2D ML I receive the "Mod Loader Cannot Start Application" error. "Application is already installed from another location...".

What can I do to fix this so i can play the game?

Also, when I click the link to send an error report over 48 blank tabs open in Chrome!

Thanks again

Here's the error log details:

Here's the error report:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 6.3.9600.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000

System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1

clr.dll : 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

dfdll.dll : 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1

dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES

Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Thomas/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/TaskBar/7D2D%20Launcher.appref-ms%7C

Server : Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

Application url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_1_0_35/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

Server : Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

IDENTITIES

Application Identity : 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.1.0.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e0f221a1532324c5, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\7D2D Launcher.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Application 7D2DLauncher is already installed from another location. Please uninstall 7D2DLauncher.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [12/26/2018 12:43:00 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\7D2D Launcher.appref-ms| has started.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:00 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:00 AM] : Consuming new update.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:03 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:03 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:03 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:03 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:20 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:20 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [12/26/2018 12:43:20 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (GroupMultipleMatch)

- Application 7D2DLauncher is already installed from another location. Please uninstall 7D2DLauncher.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS