The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Launcher and Rat are prone to install them selves twice some times! Don't know why but they do! I had two installs on the same dates of each.

I use microsoft's oneclick installer. It was really easy to use, but.. not a lot of features, and I do have regrets going with it. They can behave strangely sometimes, with no changes on either end of it.

@Imheya

Suggestion .. Uninstall Launcher again .. check removal of all files … Now there is a folder in User .. Roaming .. Sphereii Software .. that might be still be hidden. .. I had same problem … took me about a day to find it, but check User .. Local and Roaming folders really well.

I used a Uninstaller Program and it missed it ..

Also another good program is called .. Agent Ransack .. for finding files/folders that you thought you got rid of. (I think it is a free software)

Just a couple of thoughts, if you are still having problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting the "already installed" error. I completely removed any prior versions, ran CC cleaner, restarted and tried installing from both the launcher exe and setup exe files, both of which still give the same errors. I searched for hidden files, found one and removed but still no dice.

I can run the old version from the master file however that will not update and will not allow me to update my mods either. Any other suggestions or fixes? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

I am also getting the "already installed" error. I completely removed any prior versions, ran CC cleaner, restarted and tried installing from both the launcher exe and setup exe files, both of which still give the same errors. I searched for hidden files, found one and removed but still no dice.

I can run the old version from the master file however that will not update and will not allow me to update my mods either. Any other suggestions or fixes? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Under the Add / Remove Programs, you don't see an entry for 7D2D Launcher?

I'm working on a better installer, and it's almost ready.

Hi Sphereii. No I checked and there is nothing there for the 7d2d launcher. Appreciate you working on an update, I will wait and cross my fingers that will fix my issues. Thanks!

I do thank you for your patience. The OneClick has turned on me, so I'm moving away. In order to get you up and running, try this:

https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/raw/master/SetupInstaller.msi

It'll set up a new 7D2D Mod Launcher in your Start menu, and will install in a normal place this time. It's a development build, but it should work and give you access to the mods :)

New update: 2.0.16!

Because of the trouble we've had with the OneClick installer, we are using a new installer. Your OneClick application should update itself. You can press the Check For update button manually (under the File menu in the latest version). It will prompt you to install.

New in the latest version is the "Steam Version" entry. This will let you install modlets right in your steam folder, without needing a copy.

If the automatic update won't work, the direct installer is available here: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/blob/master/SetupInstaller.msi?raw=true

If you are using Chrome, and it blocks the download, go into your "Customize and Control Chrome" menu, and select Downloads. You'll be able to approve the download there.

The last few bad update cycles should be complete now. It was an awkward transition, but it puts us in a better place now.

In the new version, I added a new top level mod called "Steam Version". This special mod points directly to your Steam folder, and will let you download and install mods directly, without having to make an extra copy.

uo5RoANl.png

In addition, we can now enable and disable modlets in all mods, even the overhauls. If there's an element you don't like about a mod, and want to just remove it, you can easily do it.

dM7uFbul.png

By putting a check mark, and clicking on Disable Selected, it'll turn red, showing it's disabled.

DZQp5Wjl.png

Even when you update the mod, it'll remember your setting and keep it disabled.

Not sure if it is related to the new version, but earlier today before I updated the 7D2D Mod Launcher, I had no issue launching 7D2D from within the launcher. Post upgrade, if I try to launch 7D2D from the launcher it will not recognize that I have steam running. I get the "Could not initialize steam. The steam client is not running or no connection possible".

I can run 7D2D from the steam library without issue.

I completely uninstalled the 7D2D Mod Launcher and re-installed, but same issue.

Not sure if it is related to the new version, but earlier today before I updated the 7D2D Mod Launcher, I had no issue launching 7D2D from within the launcher. Post upgrade, if I try to launch 7D2D from the launcher it will not recognize that I have steam running. I get the "Could not initialize steam. The steam client is not running or no connection possible".

I can run 7D2D from the steam library without issue.

I completely uninstalled the 7D2D Mod Launcher and re-installed, but same issue.

I may need to elevate permission to admin for the launcher. While you wait, you can check Run Game As Admin and it should work as expected

Adding the 'Run Game As Admin' didn't work.

You can try to add the Mod Launcher to Steam: C:\Program Files\SphereII Software\7D2D Mod Launcher Installer\7d2dlauncher.exe

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice update! Curious to what dimensions the new photo area is? It's stretching images to fit, but it would be helpful to know exactly what it's looking for. Thank you soo much

Unintentional production test. I was playing with the UI, and I guess I didn't revert that.

I'll revert it next update :)

Good Day Sphereii

Hope you are well .. Question .. which link should we use to Reinstall Launcher .. the one on page 1 or the Updated version on page 116.

My gaming system died last week (had to order a New Video card) and I should have it back this weekend .. I pray .. major gamers withdraw going on here .. LOL

So I will be reloading you and several others .. just want to make sure I get the right one.

Thank You ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good Morning Sphereii

Did you want to change the version Number also and date??

Currently reads .. Update Version 1.1.0.x - December 22nd 2018 .. just wondering.

Have a great day ... the Old Gamer ..:02.47-tranquillity:

Thansks :) First post updated and slimmed down a bit.

Hey Sphereii,

It was brought to my attention on your Mod Launcher and I gotta say that this is very impressive! You did an amazing job and are continuing to do an amazing job!

I tried to PM you but it looks like your inbox is full :(

I was interested in having my Modlets added to your default Mods page in the launcher. I just added my modlets to GitHub and will be adding new ones and updating these regularly there here from now on.

What did you need from me to have them added?

Here is the link to my GitHub Repository :)