The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

@ sphereii .. GOOD Morning

DO I have to update the Steam version .. to A17 also ??

I did the link in launcher .. latest_experimental .. but the game still opened as A 16.4 .. So I just closed and exited ..

Now if I update the Steam Version to A17e .. won't that mess the other mods OR are they Truly a separate game now.

This has me just alittle confused .. LOL .. not hard to do anymore .. Thank You … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

OR I will just Wait on the Stable version and hope they fix a lot of the Bugs that I have seen in the Streamer video's.

DO I have to update the Steam version .. to A17 also ??

I did the link in launcher .. latest_experimental .. but the game still opened as A 16.4 .. So I just closed and exited ..

Now if I update the Steam Version to A17e .. won't that mess the other mods OR are they Truly a separate game now.

This has me just alittle confused .. LOL .. not hard to do anymore .. Thank You … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

OR I will just Wait on the Stable version and hope they fix a lot of the Bugs that I have seen in the Streamer video's.

You have two options:

1) Update steam to use the latest_experimental ( Right click on 7 Days to Die, click on the Beta tab, then select latest_experimental. )

or

2) Go to The Fun Pimps in the Mod Launcher, select latest_experimental, then select "Download From Steam".

Yep .. I did number 2 option and everything is working just Fine .. Also put in the SMX mod from Nexus .. Which makes it so much better.

Started a RandomGen Game yesterday .. on warrior .. died twice so far .. WAY to many zed's in POI's as far as I'm concern .. Will be horde Night today .. and an average of 4 screamers every couple of hours .. Kinda worried about the Big Night, won't lie.

After Horde Night .. will try a NavaGame and check it out .. But will say random is kinda messed up .. floating or sunken POI's .. Roads are a mess ……… SO anyway _ the Fun Pimps have a bit more work to do I SEE ..

Have a great day and Enjoy your week … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edit: I Survived the night and all good .. Onward we go :smile-new:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I was thinking about all the excitment for some sort of updater for the modlets. Can you use the mod launcher to update the modlets, like in past? use modinfo for the version check? I say you create the format for mod authors to use, if they want to use an updater.

I'm working on a solution that should be able to work for players and modders.

There is a new Version of 7d2d out B208 and I thought all I would have to do is use the pre-sync to update mod .. but didn't work on existing game.

What am I missing .. do I need to reinstall latest experimental or is their something you need to do.

Thank you and have a great day .. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

There is a new Version of 7d2d out B208 and I thought all I would have to do is use the pre-sync to update mod .. but didn't work on existing game.

What am I missing .. do I need to reinstall latest experimental or is their something you need to do.

Thank you and have a great day .. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Pre-sync only downloads and updates the changes to a mod; not the base game. You'll have to Delete Mod, and do another re-copy of the game from steam to get the latest copy.

This is by design, since most mods don't handle updates between alpha releases.

I can't install this, the net framework version is too high for Windows 7.

The edit was less cheeky than your original post.

We do have a manual download for the Windows 7 users. The jump in framework was required for the majority of the users since Windows and Github updated their security standards.

https://github.com/SphereII/Release/archive/master.zip

== Testers Wanted: Version 1.1 of the Mod Launcher ==

I have a new version of the 7D2D Mod Launcher that I'm testing. I don't want to push it out to everyone just yet, I'd like to get some feed back on the new functionality, and if it works well.

- New Functionality -

* Manage Modlets - Available for each installed mod, gives you a listing of some of the modlets, and allow you to easily install them.

* New Host - In order to shave off the costs of the hosting, I'm hosting this version on Github.

* Alpha 16/Alpha17 Separation - I've seperated the installs for Alpha 16 and 17, allowing people to keep their existing copies

I'm interested in how installing and removing modlets feel, as well as the Alpha 16 / 17 alpha separation feels.

I'm intentionally not including any documentation or screenshots, as I want this to be 100% straightforward without tutorials, although they will come later.

I'm welcoming people are running a variety of different versions of Windows, from 7, 8.0, 8.1, and 10.

Modlets will only for for Alpha 17. They will not do what you expect if you try Alpha 16. A Test Mod has been set up with no downloads for you to play. More can be added through the "Add New My Mods".

If you are interested in helping me do some testing, then by all means download and install this link: https://7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/Installer/publish/

Hey Sphereii.

I installed the test launcher and when i try to install game copy (test) nothing happens, m i doing anything wrong?

Also, any ETA on when can we have modlets working on your awesome launcher, comes from a user that doesnt wanna taint the original game files and loves to let you do it for us ;)

Thanks

Hey Sphereii.

I installed the test launcher and when i try to install game copy (test) nothing happens, m i doing anything wrong?

Also, any ETA on when can we have modlets working on your awesome launcher, comes from a user that doesnt wanna taint the original game files and loves to let you do it for us ;)

Thanks

Have you opted into the experimental through steam? If so, make sure you select your steam path in the Install Game folder.

If you haven't, you can select Download From Steam.

Once the Test Mod is installed, you'll see the Manage Modlet button.

Okay seems to work fine, couple questions:

1.- To install modlets i just need to extract on the mods folder on the creater (copy) of the game or do i need to follow some way inside the launcher to do it? (iv seen "installed modlets" on the launcher but its empty.

(Nevermind i found the manage modlets button)

2.- Will the launcher (and this copy) work with a server (bluefang) by just installing the modlets in the mods folder on the server?

Thanks

Edited by JanoGames (see edit history)

Okay seems to work fine, couple questions:

1.- To install modlets i just need to extract on the mods folder on the creater (copy) of the game or do i need to follow some way inside the launcher to do it? (iv seen "installed modlets" on the launcher but its empty.

(Nevermind i found the manage modlets button)

2.- Will the launcher (and this copy) work with a server (bluefang) by just installing the modlets in the mods folder on the server?

Thanks

Yes, this is true for now, but may change in the future. But if you zip up your Mods folder, and upload to the dedi, it should work.

I installed a few more modlets, and also the compopack for a17b208 and im getting this error:

Small window inside the launcher window with : "None of the targets are working copies".

Game still loads and works fine, just dont know why this error pops, if you click ok then it repeats several times, but like i said before, game loads anyways

I installed a few more modlets, and also the compopack for a17b208 and im getting this error:

Small window inside the launcher window with : "None of the targets are working copies".

Game still loads and works fine, just dont know why this error pops, if you click ok then it repeats several times, but like i said before, game loads anyways

Thank you. I'll take a look.

I have a new version of the 7D2D Mod Launcher that I'm testing. I don't want to push it out to everyone just yet, I'd like to get some feed back on the new functionality, and if it works well.

- New Functionality -

* Manage Modlets - Available for each installed mod, gives you a listing of some of the modlets, and allow you to easily install them.

* New Host - In order to shave off the costs of the hosting, I'm hosting this version on Github.

* Alpha 16/Alpha17 Separation - I've seperated the installs for Alpha 16 and 17, allowing people to keep their existing copies

I'm interested in how installing and removing modlets feel, as well as the Alpha 16 / 17 alpha separation feels.

I'm intentionally not including any documentation or screenshots, as I want this to be 100% straightforward without tutorials, although they will come later.

I'm welcoming people are running a variety of different versions of Windows, from 7, 8.0, 8.1, and 10.

Modlets will only for for Alpha 17. They will not do what you expect if you try Alpha 16. A Test Mod has been set up with no downloads for you to play. More can be added through the "Add New My Mods".

If you are interested in helping me do some testing, then by all means download and install this link: https://7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/Installer/publish/

Hi Sphereii :) i'm a big fan of your launcher and so as soon as i saw you'd done a version for A17 i was on it! I used it to install several of the modlets and fired up a new game. It has worked flawlessly. No errors. No weirdnesses. All the modlets functioned as described. Thank you for this :)

Hi Sphereii, thank you for the invitation to test the new version.

Test 1:

I've opened my local xml file tazas-grave-modlauncher_test_1.1.xml with one server and several modlets for A17.

XML file:

https://gist.github.com/MrCerealGuy/40fdbffc9004136524cfb5290a247e7d

I've got these errors. XML is valid.

Log file:

https://gist.github.com/MrCerealGuy/4166197a07dd53b62c26e931c1278fe4

Test 2:

Added via launcher a new mod and added this download link from my xml file:

https://github.com/MrCerealGuy/Tazas-Grave/archive/v1.6.zip

Clone of 7D2D and download of my mod worked. But the original files were overwritten.

I hope these information are useful.

Good Morning Sphereii

Quick question .. New Version exp B221 is out .. does the launcher auto update to it ??

OR .. Do I need to delete file and reinstall or just use the direct connect …. Because the game has been Updated in my Steam folder.

I thought it would Auto update .. but did not .. still on B208.

Thank you and have a great week and Hoping you have a Great Holiday coming if I don't get back to you later. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edit .. 12/17/18 .. I figured it out

I hope you are well and everything is Ok where you are

Hi Sphereii, thank you for the invitation to test the new version.

Test 1:

I've opened my local xml file tazas-grave-modlauncher_test_1.1.xml with one server and several modlets for A17.

XML file:

https://gist.github.com/MrCerealGuy/40fdbffc9004136524cfb5290a247e7d

I've got these errors. XML is valid.

Log file:

https://gist.github.com/MrCerealGuy/4166197a07dd53b62c26e931c1278fe4

Test 2:

Added via launcher a new mod and added this download link from my xml file:

https://github.com/MrCerealGuy/Tazas-Grave/archive/v1.6.zip

Clone of 7D2D and download of my mod worked. But the original files were overwritten.

I hope these information are useful.

Sorry for the late reply:

Test 1) You'll need to access the raw XML file for that: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/MrCerealGuy/40fdbffc9004136524cfb5290a247e7d/raw/daa32233376065ef33bfb815a494f4adcc3ce2e2/gistfile1.txt

Test 2) This was a challenge initially. It was a zip file, but your XML was set to clone, so the mod launcher tried to clone the repo. I did add in code in the latest version to fix it though.

Newest Experimental build is: 1.1.0.8.

The new download location: https://7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/Installer/publish/

When I'm comfortable with the stability of it, I'll push it out to the main group of users. The test version of the mod launcher is the only compatible version for modlets.