The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

My D: drive has all my Steam games and my 7D2D 16.4 is installed right now

My F: drive I created for 7D2D mods for the launcher (F:/7D2D)

I'm sure a stupid question but I need help. I'm playing 16.4 (b9) now and have some mods installed through your launcher (Ravenhurst, Valmod, Undead Legacy). If I want to use mods for 17.1, what do I do? Do I change versions from 16.4 to 17.1 in Steam first? Once I do that, does it alter the 16.4 version in my F:/7D2D path?

Do I create a separate 17.1 Steam 7D2D file in my D: drive? Then, point the launcher to that for 17.1 mods?

Does it even matter to the mod launcher what vanilla version it is on Steam?

I appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance!

14320257_Screenshot-1_21_20198_26_17PM.jpg.979876ff36d67dd8e665ed598ca931ff.jpg

1347867628_Screenshot-1_21_20198_27_09PM.jpg.c5b12364b61f42987e29fb07d450ce0c.jpg

Edited by Jamolisim (see edit history)

My D: drive has all my Steam games and my 7D2D 16.4 is installed right now

My F: drive I created for 7D2D mods for the launcher (F:/7D2D)

I'm sure a stupid question but I need help. I'm playing 16.4 (b9) now and have some mods installed through your launcher (Ravenhurst, Valmod, Undead Legacy). If I want to use mods for 17.1, what do I do? Do I change versions from 16.4 to 17.1 in Steam first? Once I do that, does it alter the 16.4 version in my F:/7D2D path?

Do I create a separate 17.1 Steam 7D2D file in my D: drive? Then, point the launcher to that for 17.1 mods?

Does it even matter to the mod launcher what vanilla version it is on Steam?

I appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27308[/ATTACH]

Definitely not a stupid question :)

I had to fix an issue with the steam loads, which I did yesterday on 2.0.55

If you restart the Mod Launcher, you'll see "The Fun Pimps".

Select The Fun Pimps - Alpha 17.1.

Select Download From Steam

Enter in your Steam Username / Password (be prepared to look up your steam guard)

Select alpha17.1 in the drop down

Click on Install Game Copy

Hkba13jl.png

Once it's installed, and Steam restarts, you'll be able to play Alpha 17.1 from it.

vygfYt2l.png

You can also use it as a Copy from an existing copy.

Go to a mod you want to play ( DUST2DEATH / HDHQ )

Select Copy from existing copy

Click on the drop down and select Pick A Folder

jenNE92l.png

Pick where the The Fun Pimps Alpha 17.1 was installed

KSQ9XEK.png

Click Install Game Copy:

ekoYCmul.png

Howdy! I have gotten a 'script not found' error after installation of Launcher 2.0.21. ( https://photos.app.goo.gl/8MJw7pMAh4YjED8R6 )

I am trying to install a Darkness Falls overhaul for a17.

-I cannot figure out how to install it. I clicked on 'install game copy' with no results.

-Settings only offers shortcut editing, it does not let me enter the path for my game install, shouldn't it?

-Right-clicking on the Darkness Falls mod in the tree list only offers me the option to 'Add My Mods' (?), 'Copy My Mod to clipboard', 'Delete this mod(s), 'Edit My Mod', 'Play Mod'. Only 'Add My Mods' is selectable. Under 'My Mods', I can do all but 'Play Mod'.

-Bottom right, it shows 'Installed modlets' and enabling or disabling buttons have no effect.

What am I doing wrong? If you need more screenshots, let me know. thanks in advance.

I double checked that this path is not created, C:\7D2D\Alpha17\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls, and I have the PC updated, with .Net 4.7 installed.

(oops, I thought I clicked submit a few days ago. Good thing I save open tabs...)

Howdy! I have gotten a 'script not found' error after installation of Launcher 2.0.21. ( https://photos.app.goo.gl/8MJw7pMAh4YjED8R6 )

I am trying to install a Darkness Falls overhaul for a17.

-I cannot figure out how to install it. I clicked on 'install game copy' with no results.

-Settings only offers shortcut editing, it does not let me enter the path for my game install, shouldn't it?

-Right-clicking on the Darkness Falls mod in the tree list only offers me the option to 'Add My Mods' (?), 'Copy My Mod to clipboard', 'Delete this mod(s), 'Edit My Mod', 'Play Mod'. Only 'Add My Mods' is selectable. Under 'My Mods', I can do all but 'Play Mod'.

-Bottom right, it shows 'Installed modlets' and enabling or disabling buttons have no effect.

What am I doing wrong? If you need more screenshots, let me know. thanks in advance.

I double checked that this path is not created, C:\7D2D\Alpha17\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls, and I have the PC updated, with .Net 4.7 installed.

(oops, I thought I clicked submit a few days ago. Good thing I save open tabs...)

The Script not found should be fixed in the latest release 2.0.55.

If the Install Game Copy isn't work, making sure that you have a steam path seleted:

E4eXtN1.png

Definitely not a stupid question :)

I had to fix an issue with the steam loads, which I did yesterday on 2.0.55

If you restart the Mod Launcher, you'll see "The Fun Pimps".

Select The Fun Pimps - Alpha 17.1.

Enter in your Steam Username / Password (be prepared to look up your steam guard)

Select alpha17.1 in the drop down

Click on Install Game Copy

Hkba13jl.png

Once it's installed, and Steam restarts, you'll be able to play Alpha 17.1 from it.

vygfYt2l.png

You can also use it as a Copy from an existing copy.

Go to a mod you want to play ( DUST2DEATH / HDHQ )

Select Copy from existing copy

Click on the drop down and select Pick A Folder

jenNE92l.png

Pick where the The Fun Pimps Alpha 17.1 was installed

KSQ9XEK.png

Click Install Game Copy:

ekoYCmul.png

Thank you for the prompt response. I appreciate the instructions (and screenshots) but when I download from Steam, where do I set the 17.1 path to? I have 16.4 already installed on my D: drive and I obviously do not want to overwrite that or I can't play 16.4 modded games, correct? It is my understanding that Steam, when updating to current versions, will automatically overwrite the old file.

If I make a copy of my current Vanilla install on my D:/ drive, isn't that a 16.4 version? Won't that conflict with 17.1 mods?

What am I not understanding here?

Edited by Jamolisim (see edit history)

Thank you for the prompt response. I appreciate the instructions (and screenshots) but when I download from Steam, where do I set the 17.1 path to? I have 16.4 already installed on my D: drive and I obviously do not want to overwrite that or I can't play 16.4 modded games, correct? It is my understanding that Steam, when updating to current versions, will automatically overwrite the old file.

If I make a copy of my current Vanilla install on my D:/ drive, isn't that a 16.4 version? Won't that conflict with 17.1 mods?

What am I not understanding here?

In the Mod list, go to The Fun Pimps and pick Alpha 17.1.

In the Version section, change the drop down to alpha17.1

smm74y4.png

In the Mod list, go to The Fun Pimps and pick Alpha 17.1.

In the Version section, change the drop down to alpha17.1

smm74y4.png

But where does the 17.1 download go to? My D: drive? I ask because when, in the past, I have switched b/w 16.4 and 17.1 it would overwrite it on my D: drive. Doing it this way does not overwrite it so I essentially have two versions within Steam?

Does it create a new file so the original 16.4 stays intact? Is that what I am missing here?

But where does the 17.1 download go to? My D: drive? I ask because when, in the past, I have switched b/w 16.4 and 17.1 it would overwrite it on my D: drive. Doing it this way does not overwrite it so I essentially have two versions within Steam?

Does it create a new file so the original 16.4 stays intact? Is that what I am missing here?

Click on the Starting Splash Screen, then change your Destination folder. All your mods will be installed under that folder.

39UNKOE.png

So if you pick D:\7D2D, then the Alpha 17.1 will get installed under D:\7D2D\Alpha17\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_17_1\

Click on the Starting Splash Screen, then change your Destination folder. All your mods will be installed under that folder.

39UNKOE.png

So if you pick D:\7D2D, then the Alpha 17.1 will get installed under D:\7D2D\Alpha17\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_17_1\

OK- so the "Destination Folder for Mods" is where the actual game gets installed to? Is that how it avoids overwriting versions?

Again, my D: drive is DEDICATED for all my steam games so my current 16.4 7D2D is installed to D:/steam/steamapps/common/7D2D

What your saying is to simply install it to D:/7D2D and bypass Steam?

I'm so sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to screw this up! I very much appreciate you taking the time to explain. Maybe it'd be easier if I called you?!? :)

OK- so the "Destination Folder for Mods" is where the actual game gets installed to? Is that how it avoids overwriting versions?

Again, my D: drive is DEDICATED for all my steam games so my current 16.4 7D2D is installed to D:/steam/steamapps/common/7D2D

What your saying is to simply install it to D:/7D2D and bypass Steam?

I'm so sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to screw this up! I very much appreciate you taking the time to explain. Maybe it'd be easier if I called you?!? :)

The Mod Launcher makes a new copy of the game for each mod you want to install. This is so they don't conflict with each other.

By setting your Destination Folder, you are telling the Mod Launcher: "Install all the mods here". You won't have to worry about conflicts, as the Mod Launcher will make a new folder structure for each mod you install.

For example, if you set your Destination Folder to D:\MyGames, for example...

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_17.1

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\DUST2DEATH\HDHQ_Overhaul_MAIN_FILES_4K_v1.1b_A17.1_b9_STABLE

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\Sphereii-mental\WinterProject_A17_4K_Texture

Don't worry. Don't over think it. You'll be fine :)

The Mod Launcher makes a new copy of the game for each mod you want to install. This is so they don't conflict with each other.

By setting your Destination Folder, you are telling the Mod Launcher: "Install all the mods here". You won't have to worry about conflicts, as the Mod Launcher will make a new folder structure for each mod you install.

For example, if you set your Destination Folder to D:\MyGames, for example...

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_17.1

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\DUST2DEATH\HDHQ_Overhaul_MAIN_FILES_4K_v1.1b_A17.1_b9_STABLE

D:\MyGames\Alpha17\Sphereii-mental\WinterProject_A17_4K_Texture

Don't worry. Don't over think it. You'll be fine :)

VERY much appreciated sphereii! I'll follow your instructions and go from there. Thanks again! :cheerful:

VERY much appreciated sphereii! I'll follow your instructions and go from there. Thanks again! :cheerful:

I couldn’t DL fun pimps 17.1 using the Steam link in the Launcher. I put in my username, password and it opens up Steam but doesn’t dL files. I can see the folders created by Launcher but no files are in there. Pls advise.

I couldn’t DL fun pimps 17.1 using the Steam link in the Launcher. I put in my username, password and it opens up Steam but doesn’t dL files. I can see the folders created by Launcher but no files are in there. Pls advise.

This is a tricky one. The SteamCMD doesn't really provide a lot of logs. Did you get a Steam Guard email by any chance? I'm wondering how far it got.

This is a tricky one. The SteamCMD doesn't really provide a lot of logs. Did you get a Steam Guard email by any chance? I'm wondering how far it got.

Yep- got Steam Guard and answered it. I figured out a way (not through Steam) to switch b/w 16.4 and 17.1 in your launcher so I'm good. I made a 16.4 and 17.1 version in my Steam Drive and just went that route...

1 last question...Do I have to "Pre-Sync Mod" EVERY time I want to play a mod or just for initial install?

Yep- got Steam Guard and answered it. I figured out a way (not through Steam) to switch b/w 16.4 and 17.1 in your launcher so I'm good. I made a 16.4 and 17.1 version in my Steam Drive and just went that route...

1 last question...Do I have to "Pre-Sync Mod" EVERY time I want to play a mod or just for initial install?

I'm glad you got something working for you.

Pre-Sync is just the first time thing. Sometimes people have trouble downloading; the pre-sync will tell them if it does.

Pressing the Play button will download it, but if there's an error, the vanilla game will start automatically regardless, so you may not see it.

hi i installed jesterday and make my first configs but then comes some questions:

1. is it possible to add prefabs with the luncher?

2. can i use the sdx tool over the luncher?

3. ho can i easy add selfmade modles that i not upload i see only option to add 1 file each maybe i make it wrong

thx for help

hi i installed jesterday and make my first configs but then comes some questions:

1. is it possible to add prefabs with the luncher?

2. can i use the sdx tool over the luncher?

3. ho can i easy add selfmade modles that i not upload i see only option to add 1 file each maybe i make it wrong

thx for help

1) Currently, prefabs are not loaded from the Mods folder. Hopefully this will be a feature sometime.

2) Kind of. I'm looking at that now.

3) Are you trying to add a My Mod?

1) Currently, prefabs are not loaded from the Mods folder. Hopefully this will be a feature sometime.

2) Kind of. I'm looking at that now.

3) Are you trying to add a My Mod?

to 3 no its was bevore update jesterday night i was comming home then was update luncher and all ♥♥♥♥ed up when i was syn then luncher delete all my mods and insall again after press play and again delete all mods install again this was taking arround 45 min luncher frize a lot after game starts and full of red error messages cant create game after i close luncher and game start manuel game over steam without luncher but exactly same mods and game work find no errors......i think with delete game and mods and luncher and install new problem will solved but no energy after work so i think i cant try at weakend.......i will give you info after

ps. till i start modding its like a new drug for me after work every day all time only sleep 3 hours a day small time and iam self a zombie^^

To answer #3, no, it was before I updated last night... I was coming hom then updated the launcher and it all screwed up when I was synching. Then the launcher deleted all of my mods, and I installed them again, pressed play and again deleted ALL mods, installed again... this was taking around 45 minutes, and the launcher froze a lot. After the game started it was full of red error messages, and I couldn't create a game. Afterwards, I closed the launcher and started the game manually over steam, but with the same mods and it worked finding no errors... I think if I delete the game and mods and the launcher and re-install all, there won't be any new problems, but I'm so tired after work, it'll have to wait until the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

PS: When I started modding, it became like a new drug to me after work, all day, and I only sleep 3 hours a day... I sleep so little I am a zombie. =)

Good day Sphereii

( Quote from KhaineGB on .. " Darkness Falls "

However, you should just be able to edit the XML. It's entity classes, and you're looking for this.

Code:

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="terrGore"/>

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/> …. You can either remove it or just change the chance to 0. )

Problem is .. it will change back to .. "1" after launching the game … Is there a way to Lock the XML change that we do ?? So that when the Mod Launcher re-copies the game .. it will not change the "0" back to "1".

I use Notepad ++ and do a save .. but it will keep changing it when game is loaded .. the first couple of times it worked .. but after several loads it started back at "1" and would stay at "1"

Thank you and I hoped I explained the problem correctly for you to understand (I can try again if need be) … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: I only use the Pre-Sync first time after main game load ... and I have the Auto refresh mod "Off" ... I do not use the .. save local

The change to XML is made after pre-sync is done and before you hit the Play game.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Good day Sphereii

( Quote from KhaineGB on .. " Darkness Falls "

However, you should just be able to edit the XML. It's entity classes, and you're looking for this.

Code:

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="terrGore"/>

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/> …. You can either remove it or just change the chance to 0. )

Problem is .. it will change back to .. "1" after launching the game … Is there a way to Lock the XML change that we do ?? So that when the Mod Launcher re-copies the game .. it will not change the "0" back to "1".

I use Notepad ++ and do a save .. but it will keep changing it when game is loaded .. the first couple of times it worked .. but after several loads it started back at "1" and would stay at "1"

Thank you and I hoped I explained the problem correctly for you to understand (I can try again if need be) … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: I only use the Pre-Sync first time after main game load ... and I have the Auto refresh mod "Off" ... I do not use the .. save local

The change to XML is made after pre-sync is done and before you hit the Play game.

The Mod Launcher copies the TempMods folder each time. I may disable that feature, as it seems to cause confusion. Make your changes in TempMods, and they'll stick around.

I tried installing the mod launcher, but I have run into a problem in the form of an error message. Please help? Not sure what to do. Nevermind, clearly I am out of my element here. Sorry. Feel free to delete this post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27457[/ATTACH]

Edited by myschyef
needed to resize error report picture (see edit history)