The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hi sphereii :)

I have a question about the launcher.

What to do in the case where the update mod will break the save?

Maybe not everyone would like an update at the cost of starting a new game. The update can be a nasty surprise, there is a way to warn and give a choice?

Hi sphereii :)

I have a question about the launcher.

What to do in the case where the update mod will break the save?

Maybe not everyone would like an update at the cost of starting a new game. The update can be a nasty surprise, there is a way to warn and give a choice?

In the past, modders have chosen two different ways to handle this type of event. The mod launcher itself doesn't take any measure to check if a mod will break a save or not.

Option #1: Make a new repo with the new build in it, and we can add a second configuration

Example:

Classic Style Hardcore

Classic Style Hardcore V2

Option 2: Warn everyone of a breaking change coming in your forum post. Anyone who does not want the update can uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically".

I usually recommend Option 1, if breaking changes are going to be rare. Having a few options to play is enticing for players, but too many options can be confusing.

Option 2 is easier for you, as a modder, since you only need to maintain one branch and one version, but could upset some players who lose progress.

Hi all, I have windows 7 and trying to down load the 7 days to die MOD launcher. I have tried the auto TLS fix, then rebooted computer and I've downloaded the manual fix. Rebooted and I still get the "Unable to install or run this application. This version requires 4.7.1 or other compatible .NET framework." I must be doing something wrong. I'm mildly tech savvy, I think. haha Ideas?

Hi all, I have windows 7 and trying to down load the 7 days to die MOD launcher. I have tried the auto TLS fix, then rebooted computer and I've downloaded the manual fix. Rebooted and I still get the "Unable to install or run this application. This version requires 4.7.1 or other compatible .NET framework." I must be doing something wrong. I'm mildly tech savvy, I think. haha Ideas?

Have you installed the 4.7.1 framework yet?

error im getting when downloading this mod

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000

System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

clr.dll : 4.7.3131.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST

dfdll.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

dfshim.dll : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES

Deployment url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application

Server : Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

Deployment Provider url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application

Application url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_0_5_2/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES

Deployment Identity : 7D2DLauncher.application, Version=1.0.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil

Application Identity : 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.0.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY

* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [7/16/2018 9:27:44 AM] : Activation of https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application has started.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.ComponentModel.Annotations, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A using System.ComponentModel.Annotations, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Net.Http.Rtc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A using System.Net.Http.Rtc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:01 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:01 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:11 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

- The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CollectCrossGroupApplications(Uri codebaseUri, DefinitionIdentity deploymentIdentity, Boolean& identityGroupFound, Boolean& locationGroupFound, String& identityGroupProductName)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000

System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

clr.dll : 4.7.3131.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST

dfdll.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

dfshim.dll : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES

Deployment url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application

Deployment Provider url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application

Application url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_0_5_2/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES

Deployment Identity : 7D2DLauncher.application, Version=1.0.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil

Application Identity : 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.0.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY

* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [7/16/2018 9:27:44 AM] : Activation of https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application has started.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:45 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.ComponentModel.Annotations, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A using System.ComponentModel.Annotations, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Net.Http.Rtc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A using System.Net.Http.Rtc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

* [7/16/2018 9:27:48 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:01 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:01 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [7/16/2018 9:28:11 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

- The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CollectCrossGroupApplications(Uri codebaseUri, DefinitionIdentity deploymentIdentity, Boolean& identityGroupFound, Boolean& locationGroupFound, String& identityGroupProductName)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

Try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2713442/clickonce-application-fails-to-update

To delete the ClickOnce file cache delete the contents of this folder based on the operating system.

Windows XP and Server 2003 - %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\*.*
Windows Vista and Server 2008 and later - %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\*.*

Deleting these files will clear the information for all installed ClickOnce applications. They will re-install the next time their shortcut or URLs are used. 

Uh, Houston. . .

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

For some reason, when I use the launcher to download War of the Walkers, it downloads Ravenhearst. It looks like War of the Walkers is downloaded/installed, but when the game starts up, I get Ravenhearst.

This should show that I'm trying to play War of the Walkers, but it's downloading Ravenhearst.

1956471506_Screenshot2018-07-1721_01_42.jpg.91bda8e86fffd93cf699abddfc14e98d.jpg

I mean, there's a fair chance that I screwed something up along the way, and if so, I'd still like to know what. Seems like a launcher is though. Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do about this, and I apologize if it's been addressed elsewhere, I have a habit of missing things.

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

For some reason, when I use the launcher to download War of the Walkers, it downloads Ravenhearst. It looks like War of the Walkers is downloaded/installed, but when the game starts up, I get Ravenhearst.

This should show that I'm trying to play War of the Walkers, but it's downloading Ravenhearst.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24738[/ATTACH]

I mean, there's a fair chance that I screwed something up along the way, and if so, I'd still like to know what. Seems like a launcher is though. Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do about this, and I apologize if it's been addressed elsewhere, I have a habit of missing things.

I'm sorry for the trouble. The screenshot is too small for me to see. Would you mind posting a log?

After installing War of the Walkers, click on the View menu,then go to Log Files. Click on the Upload Log file button, and give me the pastebin.com link.

***UPDATE the error is gone, thanks ?? ***

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24764[/ATTACH]

This just started today when I start the loader. Tried redownloading and get the same.

Sorry for the trouble. Must have been a hosting issue, that has resolved itself.

Sphereii:

4000 hours and have 'tested' almost all major and minor mods (Darkness Falls currently). All made massively easier with the launcher. (Been using for over a year.) Very thankful. Just donated a small mount for thanks.

I only have one very trivial thing to note. After you have have used a mod (or 2, or 3...) there will be an quicker way to launch in the bottom right window. Although, you do need to be a little careful as the 'Delete' button is right next to the 'Play' button. And, while I was responsible a couple times, a faulty mouse was responsible once as well.

(This reminds me of remoting into Windows servers, and the logoff button was right next to the reboot button. I wonder how many production servers have been accidentally restarted at inopportune times?)

Anyways, thank you so much for the launcher and all the effort that went into it.

Sphereii:

4000 hours and have 'tested' almost all major and minor mods (Darkness Falls currently). All made massively easier with the launcher. (Been using for over a year.) Very thankful. Just donated a small mount for thanks.

I only have one very trivial thing to note. After you have have used a mod (or 2, or 3...) there will be an quicker way to launch in the bottom right window. Although, you do need to be a little careful as the 'Delete' button is right next to the 'Play' button. And, while I was responsible a couple times, a faulty mouse was responsible once as well.

(This reminds me of remoting into Windows servers, and the logoff button was right next to the reboot button. I wonder how many production servers have been accidentally restarted at inopportune times?)

Anyways, thank you so much for the launcher and all the effort that went into it.

Sorry for the delay. Thank you very much for your generous donation.

There is a UI overhaul, and it's mostly complete. This will adjust things around the UI a lot, so I hope to be able to address your concern through that. I've put the overhaul on hold while I wait to see what changes A17 will bring for the mods.

Somehow my Ravenhearst 21 day horde edition is no longer listed in the launcher UI as an installed mod but is still in the mod launcher folder. I've been playing the 3.1.5 version of Ravenhearst (never updated to V4). How do I get the game to show back up on the UI without updating to the latest version of RH?

Somehow my Ravenhearst 21 day horde edition is no longer listed in the launcher UI as an installed mod but is still in the mod launcher folder. I've been playing the 3.1.5 version of Ravenhearst (never updated to V4). How do I get the game to show back up on the UI without updating to the latest version of RH?

Were you able to get this sorted out for you? The official listing was removed, but I think the archives still exists for it.

Do you have auto update unchecked in launcher

Nope, never. Disable UNET, Update Registry (not sure why I have that checked) and Save all games local to mod.

EDIT: I just set the items.xml to read only and sure enough 7D2DModLauncher wants to overwrite it, but can't since I set it to Read Only. Launcher can't launch after that even when I specify to continue.

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

Workaround - I looked at the mod launcher log and saw that it was pulling a copy from a subdirectory in the mod folder called "TempMods" - I went into that subfolder and found the items.xml and edited that one. So now its working.

<a>\<b>\<c>\<d>\TempMods\<e>\Data\Config\Items.xml

Where:

a = <Drive & Folder where you tell 7D2DModLauncher to store your mods>

b = <Mod maker?>

c = <mod name>

TempMods

<Internal 7D2DModLauncher Mod Name? In my case its: "0-Valmod-Overhaul">

Workaround - I looked at the mod launcher log and saw that it was pulling a copy from a subdirectory in the mod folder called "TempMods" - I went into that subfolder and found the items.xml and edited that one. So now its working.

<a>\<b>\<c>\<d>\TempMods\<e>\Data\Config\Items.xml

Where:

a = <Drive & Folder where you tell 7D2DModLauncher to store your mods>

b = <Mod maker?>

c = <mod name>

TempMods

<Internal 7D2DModLauncher Mod Name? In my case its: "0-Valmod-Overhaul">

Yes, that is correct. You can click on the button with three dots to open up an explorer window to it.

Optionally, since you aren't interested in updates from the official repo, you could just edit the file as you normally have, and just run the exe directly :)