I would really like to be able to delete failed quests.

Nickguy5467

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

If you know you are going to fail a quest, I believe you can cancel it instead and it disappears from the list. Not 100% sure about that though. Failing quests is just not something I'm super familiar with...

Not that a failed quest in the list is a problem, but sometimes it´s because i accidentally leave the quest area, wich i only recognize when it´s already failed.

In MP it also can happen that i die (compopack has some really mean quest locations) then i am too busy trying to survive. Do you really wanna go into the menu to cancel the quest when there is a small chance to survive?

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Do you really wanna go into the menu to cancel the quest when there is a small chance to survive?

Given the current death penalty? Why not? 

Oh I know! It's because the game shows a record of our deaths, dammit!! If someone can't bear to see a record of their failed quests, they certainly don't want to see a record of all their deaths... ;)

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

they certainly don't want to see a record of all their deaths...

Isn't that just called ironman ..? :) A death count above zero usually just spoils the mood of a play through for me; time for a new map with the new life.

becareful about leaving uncompleted quests, in quest lists, after some time the player will spam

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

constantly and wil be unable to open or interact with any boxes, workbenches etc.

i couldnt figure out why it was happening, but fixed it, i had to login with her character (swapping her steam id with mine), i noticed about 20 or more uncompleted quests in her list

i deleted those and the  index out of range error , stopped, and she was able to continue

it seems that after a while quests doesnt exist and her character was listing them, causeing the constant spamming of the error

its a known bug

i spoke to OC of servertools, and hes found/fixed it so that wont happen again, itll be in the latest version of ST

Edited by Data (see edit history)

8 hours ago, theFlu said:

Isn't that just called ironman ..? :) A death count above zero usually just spoils the mood of a play through for me; time for a new map with the new life.

Yeah, but if i could delete my death count, i can say myself it was a bad dream and still got 0 death 🙂