Developer Stream: Twitch Integration for A19.5

Roland

• 3 weeks later...

So have been watching some streamers use Twitch Integration and had a question. Will there be a fix so that the streamer and anyone else in the game will not be able to use the commands. It seems odd that viewer could spawn in one command and the players could cancel it out themselves pretty much immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 1:15 AM, Roland said:

I have occasionally flirted with the idea of throwing my hat in the ring in the world of streaming but then I remember that @unholyjoe is always out there poised to come at me and I let the thought go with a shudder and a strong feeling of having dodged a bullet.

Also, "um" would be my go to word all the time and @Guppycur is always ready to count how many times that gets uttered....

:p

Try a hot tub stream.  Id watch.  

6 minutes ago, mikeyscott said:

And anyone message me back from the fun pimps to let me know when Alpha 19 is coming available for consul players

From a non-TFP person.....

Console is not going to get Alpha 19.  TFP are working on getting the PC game finished and released.  At that point, they "may" consider looking into a console publisher porting the game from the PC to the console.   However, that is going to depend on hardware requirements and interest from a console publisher in porting 7D2D.  TFP has no interest in porting Alpha versions of the game over to the console after Telltale Games went bankrupt.

So basically what you’re saying is we have to wait until it comes out on PC first before of consul players get a chance to play any of the updated content which I think is not fair on us consul players as it is more consul players then PC players

14 minutes ago, mikeyscott said:

So basically what you’re saying is we have to wait until it comes out on PC first before of consul players get a chance to play any of the updated content which I think is not fair on us consul players as it is more consul players then PC players

How is any of this unfair?  TFP is a PC gaming company, not a console game company.  Number of players doesn't even matter.  If TFP was a console gaming company, then sure they should work towards a console version first....but since they are not......

I think they should consider the consul players as well as they’re they’ve got it out on console as it is all they need to do is update the game instead of leaving the consul players hanging for the same initial first update they had and it’s not been an update since

8 minutes ago, mikeyscott said:

I think they should consider the consul players as well as they’re they’ve got it out on console as it is all they need to do is update the game instead of leaving the consul players hanging for the same initial first update they had and it’s not been an update since

If it were easy, TFP would have done it and done it a long time ago.

Updating the old game on console is NOT easy. Some people even think it is almost impossible. Because the current PC game needs a lot more system resources and performance than the old version that is on console.

I understand that but now they’ve got all the right back to themselves perhaps they are able to do it I’ll just wonder if they would do it so a lot of us can play all the normal and new stuff instead of waiting for number 20 to come out which they are releasing on 20 and consul from what I’ve heard through some of the streams in the meantime they should be able to play with the electronics into the soft but the old rubbish version

10 minutes ago, mikeyscott said:

I understand that but now they’ve got all the right back to themselves perhaps they are able to do it I’ll just wonder if they would do it so a lot of us can play all the normal and new stuff instead of waiting for number 20 to come out which they are releasing on 20 and consul from what I’ve heard through some of the streams in the meantime they should be able to play with the electronics into the soft but the old rubbish version

Alpha20 will not be released on console, not even on the new generation consoles. TFP has no experience with console development and publishing, this is why they made the deal with Telltale in the first place.

And that is their plan for the future too, to make a deal with a company who handles all the console stuff. But they will wait with that deal until the PC version is finished. Because they don't want to risk the same borked situation with different versions on PC and console happening again.

31 minutes ago, mikeyscott said:

All I would rather hear that from them then somebody saying it for them as they are the company and that’s who I asked to get back in contact with me about this thank you anyway for your comments but that’s what I asked

I am answering because I don't expect them to have time to answer you and everyone else asking the same question again and again. They are very busy developing a game and they don't want to use hours to explain the same situation again and again. They explained the situation already in the blog post linked in the console section and the situation is still the same. There is nothing new to report and all they could say to this and similar questions that pop up every week is the same: "Read the blog post, it explains the situation".

If a thousand people had the same question, a sane person would try to answer them all at once instead of giving an individual answer to each of them. This is why there is just a blog post

They appointed Roland to communicate with us players. Would it help you if Roland answered you?  And probably told you to read the blog post?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 6/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Gamida said:

So have been watching some streamers use Twitch Integration and had a question. Will there be a fix so that the streamer and anyone else in the game will not be able to use the commands. It seems odd that viewer could spawn in one command and the players could cancel it out themselves pretty much immediately.

Thought I would see if I could get an answer on this question again. I still think the streamer shouldn't be able to use the integration commands where they could be able to counteract a viewers. If it has been fixed then well done on ya.

6 hours ago, mikeyscott said:

All I would rather hear that from them then somebody saying it for them as they are the company and that’s who I asked to get back in contact with me about this thank you anyway for your comments but that’s what I asked

They answered themselves already. 

• 2 weeks later...

i dont care if they upadate it i just dont want it to crash and delete days of work. honestly as long as funpimps is chargeing 30 bucks for the game and not even trying to fix the massive issues they should be ready to get complaints. as far as im concerned funpimps doesn't care about their customers in the least. 

5 hours ago, Thadmagic said:

i dont care if they upadate it i just dont want it to crash and delete days of work. honestly as long as funpimps is chargeing 30 bucks for the game and not even trying to fix the massive issues they should be ready to get complaints. as far as im concerned funpimps doesn't care about their customers in the least. 

We get it, you are a disgruntled console player that want TFP to fix TellTale’s game even though TFP are not and never were a console developer/publisher.

4 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

We get it, you are a disgruntled console player that want TFP to fix TellTale’s game even though TFP are not and never were a console developer/publisher.

it is no loners telltales game funpimps owns it now that means they are the only one i can go to. even if telltale was around they would not be legally allowed to make another port. funpimps is taking the money so yes i want them to fix it. if they are not a console developer then they shouldn't have even tried to get the rights back but they wanted that sweet green that the sells brings which as long as telltale owned the rights to the ports they wouldn't get. if your landlord changes does that mean the new landlord can say he not a handyman so its not his problem that your pipes are leaking. funpimps have taken over the building getting the rent so they should fix the problems.

1 hour ago, Thadmagic said:

it is no loners telltales game funpimps owns it now that means they are the only one i can go to. even if telltale was around they would not be legally allowed to make another port. funpimps is taking the money so yes i want them to fix it. if they are not a console developer then they shouldn't have even tried to get the rights back but they wanted that sweet green that the sells brings which as long as telltale owned the rights to the ports they wouldn't get. if your landlord changes does that mean the new landlord can say he not a handyman so its not his problem that your pipes are leaking. funpimps have taken over the building getting the rent so they should fix the problems.

Your landlord is Microsoft. They sell you pipes from a manufacturer that is called TFP now.

seriously... why is console discussion in the twitch discussion? i thought we had a thread for these. :)

@Gamida i agree totally and remember... one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. if lathan was to fix that, then streamer only needs to be in g-mode and still safe so its a no win scenario. :)

2 hours ago, Thadmagic said:

if your landlord changes does that mean the new landlord can say he not a handyman so its not his problem that your pipes are leaking. funpimps have taken over the building getting the rent so they should fix the problems.

You bought X.  You are not paying rent, so TFP is not obligated to fix the problems of TT’s product.

You buy a car from Company A.  Company A goes under.  Company B buys the rights to use Company A’s trademarks and patents.  Company B is not obligated to fix the problems with your car because they purchased those rights.

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

seriously... why is console discussion in the twitch discussion? i thought we had a thread for these. :)

@Gamida i agree totally and remember... one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. if lathan was to fix that, then streamer only needs to be in g-mode and still safe so its a no win scenario. :)

True, but the streamer would have to manually go into G mode to do that. Then that would be on the streamer. What I am talking about is something built into the vanilla game that the streamer and team mates could use to their advantage to circumvent the intent of the game...an exploit most would call it. For instance, viewer uses some of his points to use slow command, enjoying the struggle the streamer has voluntarily subjected himself to by enabling the integration. Two seconds later the streamer used the fast command to cancel it out and goes on his merry way. Don't you think the viewer would feel a little cheated? I know another viewer could do the same thing but everyone would most likely already know there is a chance for that.

This is not a big fault really as I think like you said it would be just the bad apples. I don't even think many streamers would do that but I have seen one. I just thought it was something worth mentioning.

• Roland locked this topic