KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

@Tallman Brad           Cheesh Bradley!!!   😂   I'm blind.  (Good Morning..  I was working away to make up this post, only to come back and find you had beaten me to it!!!!!  Arrrrgh!! 😂😂😂😅)

User Guide. All the others - Zones, Roads, etc., are there too.
Biome Colour Codes

Gimp            0..255                   0..100

Snow.....      255, 255, 255       100,  100,  100    
Desert...      255, 228, 119       100, 89.4, 46.7
Waste L...    255, 168,   0         100, 65.9,  0
Burnt  F...    186,   0, 255         72.9,  0.0,  100
Pine    F...     0,  64,    0             0, 25.1,  0   

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

@Tallman Brad  just rewatched you video on Teragon. 

you mention a release date of April. now i completely understand that was a hope not a guarantee.... 

Have you heard from Pille? its hard to google Teragon as it either lists an Audio program or tries to change to the herb/spice Tarragon...lol

Is there an updated release expectation? Wondering if the last few point releases of A20 have been a setback?

Hi yes development paused while Pille dealt with some other 'things' but has now resumed. 

Coincidentally I spent this morning chatting and experimenting in Teragon with Pille and I'll be doing a video updating everyone on progress as soon as I can. Hopefully in the next couple of days. It's looking good but it's not close enough to being complete to be able to estimate a release date yet.

We probably shouldn't hijack this thread in case KingSlayer returns. Anyway, I agree with Tallman Brad's opinion. If it were only about the generator, I could give an estimate. But it is also about unforeseen events in my future.

• 1 month later...

I need help. I created a custom map in A20 with KingGen. I uploaded it to my server, and there are no traders on the map, even though I have verified they are listed in the map files. The spot is there for them, but there's no POI on the spot. There are several other objects that were not found during the building process and were also skipped. Did I miss a step in the Tallman Brad instruction videos? I made a custom heightmap, biome map, water map, and they all worked fine. I can't figure out if there was a change in file structure between A19 and A20, and I missed that I have to do a step. Are the prefabs for traders in a new spot?

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I generate a map, I get POI's too close to each other which causes them to not fully load, as you can see here, a wall is fully missing from this house. This is using default settings and vanilla POI's. This gets even worse when I change some settings, for instance a lot of towns/villages. Is there a setting I have to change?

image.png

1 hour ago, Woestwatje said:

I get POI's too close to each other which causes them to not fully load, as you can see here, a wall is fully missing from this house

Is a certain POI always involved? If so, I'd think the size settings for it in your KingGen configuration are wrong. You're not using an A19 configuration file with A20 POIs, are you?

Hello! Love the mod, but have unfortunately found two very peculiar behaviors upon generating a few worlds; one is very clearly a bug, the other is a bit of an odd behavior. I've found on multiple instances, POIs overlapping one another and literally cutting parts of both POIs off on world gen. By association, I've also found POIs being VERY cramped together, and not really any room to breath between them. The second problem is very strange height around some POIs, especially on hills, wherein a straight vertical wall will be on some edge(s) of POIs located in a non-flat area.spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by IAmTheElliot
Insert images (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, IAmTheElliot said:

Hello! Love the mod, but have unfortunately found two very peculiar behaviors upon generating a few worlds; one is very clearly a bug, the other is a bit of an odd behavior. I've found on multiple instances, POIs overlapping one another and literally cutting parts of both POIs off on world gen. By association, I've also found POIs being VERY cramped together, and not really any room to breath between them. The second problem is very strange height around some POIs, especially on hills, wherein a straight vertical wall will be on some edge(s) of POIs located in a non-flat area.

Well it hasn't been updated to a20 

25 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Well it hasn't been updated to a20 

That's probably why I got that issue. Increasing the grid size doesn't seem to help all of the overlapping unfortunately.

20 hours ago, zztong said:

Is a certain POI always involved? If so, I'd think the size settings for it in your KingGen configuration are wrong. You're not using an A19 configuration file with A20 POIs, are you?

No it is with multiple POI's, so this isn't the problem I guess.

1 minute ago, IAmTheElliot said:

Ah, well that's unfortunate! I have to imagine at this point it probably won't be anytime soon, either. Here's to hoping it sees an update!

Kingslayer rl has become real busy, haven't heard from him for a long time as well.  All the best for him rl is more important but hopefully soon a new player be here for you all. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Might be interesting to see how this will handle the game in A20. What do you guys think? I probably wont be able to do post release support, but maybe some lists so that you can use custom height maps again with A20 prefabs till teragon drops.

I been testing it in alpha 20. So far so good, I got a map I made with it in mind (my Aussie 16x Map) damn near flawless, but aside from some needed tweaking (platforms floated for some reason, but I solved it) the only issue is some areas around buildings appear hilariously flat even though they're situated on hills.

You trade parts for masking ability. I will take masking over parts. Also some parts can be genned in a few different ways, biome or as prefabs. I still use other pieces of King Gen for things like biome and terrain previews and the tools, also good for ocd checks on full sets of prefabs. It will do till Pille is done, I will have a list for people to play around with in a few days.