KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

5 hours ago, Slicker said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

When creating a new world, I get an error. 13.1

Kingslayer is aware of this and is working in it for next release. Just keep generating it should gen a map.

1 hour ago, DEAk0n said:

BUG REPORT: Functional regression - KinGen no longer generates maps using the Compo Pack 

I attempted to generate a map on a fresh install of 7D2D, only the Compo Pack installed, as per the instructions found on the above link. When using the supplied POI list, KingGen throws an error.

Verison: KinGen 0.13.1

Platform: Linux x64 (Arch)

Python: 3.9.6 (repo installed)

The error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "crash_log.py", line 19, in handle_crash_log
  File "gui_generation.py", line 27, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1301, in run
  File "world.py", line 272, in generate
  File "world.py", line 349, in gen_villages
  File "world.py", line 393, in gen_villages_forest
  File "hub_factory.py", line 79, in gen_hub
  File "city.py", line 46, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 53, in generate
  File "city.py", line 125, in gen_grid
IndexError: too many indices for array: array is 1-dimensional, but 2 were indexed

Without any other error messages, I am at the end of my ability to troubleshoot without access to source. Thank you, and have a great day.

Same response to Slicker. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

I can use a small hand, please Stallion: Krunchy: Brad: I've got a good run of "larnin' " maps going, but somehow this water has me beaten in only one respect: the water map itself works - I get the perimeter water and level just fine: I touch up the terrain HM very carefully, to smooth, lower, raise it to get the right pond/lake placing and 'look'; but for the life of me - I do not, or cannot get trees to spawn after the map is created!!!!!   The city; splat; HM; multi-splodge biomes and water all work just fine: ores, vehicles, all the normal ground clutter, animals, etc - all spawn normally - just no trees.  There are zero errors in the console. I am totally stumped.
Thanks in advance.
pj

No trees? I can't see why that would happen just by drawing biomes and water. Can you test using a random gen map with no HM or biomes. Then perhaps add each feature one by one. I bet one of the others know the answer already, but this is all that I can think to do to eliminate the issue. 

Hi Brad: I had no issues with KG until today - GIMP was a bit of a learning curve - especially when Paint.net and Krita were pulled in. I usually build one map, play it for a few days, then improve it, and repeat four or five more times, - like canyons - for e.g., until I'm happy with how to make it work: cities and biomes - especially small, tight mixed biomes - are a snap to do:  the last big change was taking out all of the modern buildings from the prefab list (using bits and pieces from DF, CP47, Classic Hardcore, Ravenhurst, UL, etc., to give a really "old and dilapidated look" to the world. It's worked, and I'm very happy. This map (five so far) just builds on the past 30 or so, by adding a multi-height water map, such as the one described by DJQuad. All of these previous maps have worked without issue. All reds fixed, no yellows left. I have already partially gone through the method you suggested, Brad, and it works fine - until water is added. Poof! No trees. The png's are held in a source folder, and are common, just with the one exception of the water map. I will create a fresh one later tonight, and use a KG default-made stock map without  a wm, with one added, and then with a muti-level one as well.
Anyway - thanks very much for your input Brad: someone else might have an insight too, or has had this problem before. I'll keep at it.
Cheers!

pj   

Yes I'm sure someone else will be able to help. In the video I put out about water maps earlier you can clearly see trees spawning. But for the demo I switched off all cities/towns, Biomes and didn't use a poi list. Perhaps there's a conflict? I'm curious to hear the solution when you get it PJ. 

Just to add. I missed djquad's watermap info. Was it different to the technique I used? I wonder if my method is causing an issue? 

. . . . I did take a boo for your water video - yes, as I knew I had spotted it a week ago, but I didn't find it earlier - I will look again as soon as this is done, and will go along step by step, as per the others.
Again - mucho grazzy.

pj

2 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

I can use a small hand, please Stallion: Krunchy: Brad: I've got a good run of "larnin' " maps going, but somehow this water has me beaten in only one respect: the water map itself works - I get the perimeter water and level just fine: I touch up the terrain HM very carefully, to smooth, lower, raise it to get the right pond/lake placing and 'look'; but for the life of me - I do not, or cannot get trees to spawn after the map is created!!!!!   The city; splat; HM; multi-splodge biomes and water all work just fine: ores, vehicles, all the normal ground clutter, animals, etc - all spawn normally - just no trees.  There are zero errors in the console. I am totally stumped.
Thanks in advance.
pj

Im not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but start with this, once you are in game, hit f1, and type 'trees' (no quotes)  this is a toggle, to turn trees on or off.

Crossed posts here, Stallion, but - yes - I use it all the time, and it makes no diff. - I just finished this version after creating a completely new water map, following Brad's video.

Water is a 43, these ponds/lakes are at 57, with general land at 60.

trees set to "off"

trees_off.JPG

trees set to "on"

trees_on.JPG

NoTrees.JPG

preview.JPG

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, paulj_3 said:

Crossed posts here, Stallion, but - yes - I use it all the time, and it makes no diff. - I just finished this version after creating a completely new water map, following Brad's video.

Water is a 43, these ponds/lakes are at 57, with general land at 60.

trees set to "off"

trees_off.JPG

trees set to "on"

trees_on.JPG

NoTrees.JPG

preview.JPG

Ummm me. ????

Ooooppps!!!! Sorry to both of ya! (I'm actually blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. . . . .)

So... Thank you (once again) Capn,K. 
I painted a plain '43' for another map - no special level inside it, with the same result: no trees. tested trees on and off - no diff, so went out - made a new '43' water png, but only around the maps' edge, using the previous map's preview, but not touching it - and suddenly - there were trees.  

I guess tomorrow will bring more drama. It's a bit like a dog with a bone.  Anyway - thanks all for the suggestions, I'm done for the night.

2 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

Ooooppps!!!! Sorry to both of ya! (I'm actually blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. . . . .)

So... Thank you (once again) Capn,K. 
I painted a plain '43' for another map - no special level inside it, with the same result: no trees. tested trees on and off - no diff, so went out - made a new '43' water png, but only around the maps' edge, using the previous map's preview, but not touching it - and suddenly - there were trees.  

I guess tomorrow will bring more drama. It's a bit like a dog with a bone.  Anyway - thanks all for the suggestions, I'm done for the night.

Haha yeh also deaf in one ear and not listening to you in the other 😜

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

@paulj_3 You're absolutely right. There is an issue with trees. I wondered why I was so taken by the landscape and featured it at the start of my video. It's because you could actually see the view as there were no trees! The trees I saw were on the mountains. And because there were trees there, I didn't connect to what you were saying. There were no trees at ground level however, where I drew the 3rd sinkhole and specified no water, there are trees. 

Edited by Tallman Brad (see edit history)

@paulj_3 and @Tallman Brad thanks for bringing this to my attention. The problem is caused by KG, which is "placing" water even underground. The game just thinks it should not spawn trees on top of water.

I am gonna fix this by checking the heightmap level and placing water only if the water level is higher than the terrain level. It's gonna be KG14 though.

Thank you very much for noticing this :)

Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)

1 minute ago, KingSlayerGM said:

@paulj_3 and @Tallman Brad thanks for bringing this to my attention. The problem is caused by KG, which is "placing" water even underground. The game just thinks it should nod spawn spawn trees on top of water.

I am gonna fix this by checking the heightmap level and placing water only if the water level is higher than the terrain level. It's gonna be KG14 though.

Thank you very much for noticing this :)

Confirmed underground water bores for KG 😜

That would be great. Thanks @KingSlayerGM. I have to say, having an option to not have any trees in certain areas would be nice. The scenery at the start of the water video does look really good. Being able to see the mountains in the distance was good. I guess it would be too complicated to have an option to paint 'no trees' and probably not used by many people. 

8 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

. . . . I did take a boo for your water video - yes, as I knew I had spotted it a week ago, but I didn't find it earlier - I will look again as soon as this is done, and will go along step by step, as per the others.
Again - mucho grazzy.

pj

Sorry Paul. I forgot to share the video here. I just put it on the discord page. Here's a link in case anyone else might find it useful:

https://youtu.be/J_i7Hc6R114

Well I'll be darned. I don't know whether this is good news or bad news!  😅  . . .but knowing that there is a technical reason for this phenomena is a relief, and we can move on.

Thank you for all your work, diligence and help, KingSlayer - this is a project that is just breathing freshness; inspiration; education; - a sense of community and team spirit.  Same to you Brad, too - your videos have made creative mapping possible for thousands of "ordinary" 7D2D fans like me. No less praise is due also to Stallionsden and Capt Krunch: their continued strong forum support - videos; mods; innovation; CompoPack, etc., invariably leads to far better game enjoyment for everyone.  Lastly (I'll shut up in a minute or so) a "thank you" to all the others here who, leading or following - but are participating in this forum every day : I have learned so much from you all, and am quite humbled by it.
pj

Hi,

Thank you for working on KingGen. It is very impressive!

This might be a question, or possibly a bug.  Could you review this and let me know?

I am trying to limit trader_jen to one. The way I understand min/max is that the last positions in the array should accept a number.

// What the line looks like in the poislist

trader_jen,43,24,41,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,wilderness/city/town/rural,any,,

// This would mean, spawn it at least one time

trader_jen,43,24,41,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,wilderness/city/town/rural,any,1,

// This would mean, spawn it no more than once

trader_jen,43,24,41,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,wilderness/city/town/rural,any,,1

This fails with this error:

Discarded 1 lines in POIs list: 489
Generating heightmap.
Generating biomes.
Generating cities.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "crash_log.py", line 19, in handle_crash_log
  File "gui_generation.py", line 27, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1301, in run
  File "world.py", line 265, in generate
  File "world.py", line 542, in init_cities
  File "world.py", line 642, in gen_cities
  File "hub_factory.py", line 32, in gen_random_town
  File "hub_factory.py", line 59, in gen_random_hub
  File "city.py", line 46, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 61, in generate
  File "city.py", line 274, in populate_grid
  File "city.py", line 246, in try_place
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rotate_to_face'

I've tried as many combinations as I could think of including...

trader_jen,43,24,41,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,wilderness/city/town/rural,any,1/1, // Just guessing here...

trader_jen,43,24,41,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,wilderness/city/town/rural,any,1,1,

Am I doing it incorrectly, or does this look like a bug?

Edited by Bouzouki (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

That would be great. Thanks @KingSlayerGM. I have to say, having an option to not have any trees in certain areas would be nice. The scenery at the start of the water video does look really good. Being able to see the mountains in the distance was good. I guess it would be too complicated to have an option to paint 'no trees' and probably not used by many people. 

You are onto another 'improvement' here, Brad; known what we've just found - it would be pretty simple to create a 'map-edge-to-20 yards/metres-up-the-shore' solid '43' mask, with other '43' blobs/dots/bars/squiggles/etc., on the transparent png at any other areas of the map where one might want fewer trees. Some changes/additions, etc., to the biomes.xml could be done to increase the density too, I reckon.

@paulj_3 I've been thinking about it too and we could use the preview kinggen makes as a template layer and drop the 43 shade over the areas of the preview rather than the whole map? If that make sense? I like the "dots and squiggles" too. 

I really liked the openness of the map I used in the video and think it's something other people will like to be able to do. Just don't want to give King more work if it's not something others would like to see also. 

Edited by Tallman Brad (see edit history)

Correcto....  doing that right now, Brad, but have to get a bit better organised. Am working with the HM and the preview, but occasionally getting them mixed and slightly confused. (sigh)
.. and - yes - I liked that openness of your video too. It has a place, and I also reckon it's something King doesn't have to do. . .  unless he wants to . .

21 час назад жеребцы сказал:

Kingslayer знает об этом и работает над этим для следующего выпуска. Просто продолжайте генерировать его, если вы создадите карту.

Тот же ответ Шутник. 

Спасибо 

the map together with the compopack is generated on the default settings. Any changes result in an error

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)