cant generate a random world

Chery123

Hi. I cant generate a random world. Ever played only SP. Only possible to play navezgane and pregen worlds.

I have validated the files on steam multiple times, reinstalled the game and even windows.

Im trying to paste the logs in pastebin and justpaste but its not working only opening a new tab.

Please help and thank you.

7dtd RWG.png

12 hours ago, katarynna said:

Try putting in a seed name.

I personally have generated a lot of worlds over the years, but have never tried to do it without putting in a seed name.

11 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Also note that if you have any data from previous Alpha builds, you need to wipe all the things.  Cleanup tools are in the launcher.

seed name doesn't change anything and i have deleted every single file from the game multiple times still nothing

10 minutes ago, Chery123 said:

seed name doesn't change anything and i have deleted every single file from the game multiple times still nothing

"From the game" means from the steam installation directory? Well, but the worlds are in your user folder C:\Users\<username>... something.

Imho that's why SylenThunder mentioned the cleanup tools from the launcher .

8 minutes ago, Chery123 said:

it starts to generate using seed bla bla bla.  one click on screen and it says 7days to die has stoped responding

Then let it run. It does generate, but under heavy system load so that the UI may not respond anymore for some time. You should also see in the taskmanager that it is still doing things.

And depending on your system this can take indeed a while. 1-2 hours are not rare, also depending on map size.

Or simply use Nitrogen.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Just now, Liesel Weppen said:

Then let it run. It does generate, but under heavy system load so that the UI may not respond anymore for some time. You should also see in the taskmanager that it is still doing things.

And depending on your system this can take indeed a while. 1-2 hours are not rare, also depending on map size.

Or simply use Nitrogen.

OMG it worked wooooooooo. Thank you all for the help

• 11 months later...

It is automatically saved after generated. In order to play the map, go to start a new game and cycle through game names to find it. You’ll need to remember what game seed it was assigned. For example, if your seed was “ThisGameRox” and you go to generate, it will tell you that the name is Tykeo County or something like that. So when you cycle the seed names Tykeo County should be a choice. I hope this makes sense.