StayClear (No Sleeper Respawn) [A19 tested]

ExtremeLurker

UPDATE: A20 version here

This is the A19 version of my mod that removes sleeper respawning from the game after you've finished clearing a building, a mechanic I've never cared for, as it doesn't allow you to have the enjoyable progression of being able to clear out towns, nor do I feel like it's entirely immersive to expect all the buildings to constantly be completely refilled.

The mod should function the same as the original, except now it's been updated to support Harmony 2/the latest version of DMT.

Download this mod for A19

This mod requires DMT in order to use it. If you don't know how to use DMT, watch this short video guide or visit the forum thread.

If you encounter any issues or need any help, please let me know!

If you like, support my modding efforts via PayPal or ko-fi (supports credit cards and Apple Pay)

Edited by ExtremeLurker (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Tristam said:

Worked like a charm.  Thank you so much for taking the time to update this.  It's really appreciated.

I'm glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy it. I'm only sorry it took me months. I hadn't realized people had commented on my old thread. Feel free to shoot me a PM if this breaks in the future. I'm more likely to see it that way.

37 minutes ago, nickuk01 said:

could i check do I just drag the harmony folder into my mods folder within 7d2d like other modlets?

Oh and does it need new game or will it work when added to existing save game?

Hey. This mod requires DMT in order to use it. If you are using a client that has DMT pre-applied (such as if you are using an overhaul like Darkness Falls or Undead Legacy), you need only to put the mod in your mods folder. If you are not using DMT, then you will need to download DMT, create a mods folder somewhere outside of the game folder where you will put all the mods you want to use (your current existing ones and mine), and then you will use DMT to manage your mods. In DMT settings, you would input the path of the new mod folder you created along with the path of your install folder, and then you'd press the build button and then you'll be good to go. Please let me know if you run into any issues or need help setting it up.

You do not need to start a new game, my mod will work with any existing game. If you visit a POI, provided that you have fully cleared it in the past, nothing should respawn. This should not conflict with any quests or anything, but feel free to let me know if you run into any issues.

I'd be happy to hear back from you here if you get it working successfully!

2 hours ago, ExtremeLurker said:

Hey. This mod requires DMT in order to use it. If you are using a client that has DMT pre-applied (such as if you are using an overhaul like Darkness Falls or Undead Legacy), you need only to put the mod in your mods folder. If you are not using DMT, then you will need to download DMT, create a mods folder somewhere outside of the game folder where you will put all the mods you want to use (your current existing ones and mine), and then you will use DMT to manage your mods. In DMT settings, you would input the path of the new mod folder you created along with the path of your install folder, and then you'd press the build button and then you'll be good to go. Please let me know if you run into any issues or need help setting it up.

You do not need to start a new game, my mod will work with any existing game. If you visit a POI, provided that you have fully cleared it in the past, nothing should respawn. This should not conflict with any quests or anything, but feel free to let me know if you run into any issues.

I'd be happy to hear back from you here if you get it working successfully!

Thank you.. i use the 7d2d mod launcher which manages DMT so will place your harmony folder in my mods folder as you suggest. thank you for your much appreciated work

3 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Thank you.. i use the 7d2d mod launcher which manages DMT so will place your harmony folder in my mods folder as you suggest. thank you for your much appreciated work

You're welcome! I hope that you enjoy it.

The folder structure should be something like
7 days to die directory/Mods/StayClear/ModInfo.xml

7 days to die directory/Mods/StayClear/Harmony/StayClear_SleeperVolume_UpatePlayerTouched.dll

21 hours ago, ExtremeLurker said:

You're welcome! I hope that you enjoy it.

The folder structure should be something like
7 days to die directory/Mods/StayClear/ModInfo.xml

7 days to die directory/Mods/StayClear/Harmony/StayClear_SleeperVolume_UpatePlayerTouched.dll

Great got it.. File structure looks good. Thanks again. Essential mod for me

On 12/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, xxx73 said:

Nice mod :)

I wonder if it possible to change it to set respawn delay yo 15 days instead of disabling?
I see in your mod this setting, can this be tweaked to 15 days?

___respawnTime = _world.worldTime + 120000UL;

I'm afraid that won't work. My mod resets the respawn time each time you visit a POI, so that the sleepers don't respawn. The reason I have it set to an interval like that is so that if you remove the mod, the POIs will have the same respawn time as if you had never used the mod before, effectively returning things to normal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:51 PM, nickuk01 said:

Just wanted to update and say all working great. Appears to have sorted out sleepers once cleared POI. Essential mod for me otherwise respawning sleepers kills immersion. Thank you so much dude !

Glad you enjoy it! I agree that sleeper respawn hurts immersion, and it irked me so much that I needed to make this. I've been really enjoying clearing places out with this in place, and I hope you have too!

On 2/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, Hoopty said:

newb question (I'm not a newb, I swear!)

does this work on a dedicated server?

(even more generally newbish) do any/all DMT mods work on dedicated servers?

besides my ignorance, this is an AWESOME addition to the community collection!

If the server is modded to have DMT in place, DMT mods will work just fine on dedicated servers. I have tested this mod and other DMT mods I've made on dedicated servers and it's fine. I hope you've been able to successfully use the mod.

Sorry for the late replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we only use DMT for this mod? I mean do a "build" only for this mod and leave my other mods in the game mods folder? I'm having issues with my other mods, DMT is updating things without my consent while my mods are working fine and don't need this. Also some of my mods are created by others and improved by me, I don't want DMT to come in there!

There is even a mod that is not supported by DMT at all "Admin Skill Points"

Awesome because of this DMT I tried to load a game when half of my mods were no longer installed, my save is screwed up, thanks guys really! I did not see that the build had not succeeded ... @%$#ing bogus the system ... 4et4e5ezhtfftdhz

And with the game launched on DMT we can no longer make screenshots, this tool is a game breaker. Please make this mod without the need for DMT !!!

Do I really have to run the game with DMT or just use build once and then I can run my game from steam?

Edited by Fleshus (see edit history)

If you load your mods including this one with the Mod Launcher you won't need to mess with DMT as the launcher handles that complexity.  If you don't want the launcher auto updating your edited mods then uncheck auto updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, MandyCMoore said:

Any chance of an update? Really want to update to 19.6, but want to use this too. Lol

Thanks for using my mod! I'm not sure whether it works on 19.6, but I'd imagine it works on any A19 build. I was last using it on A19.4 I believe. I'd have to see about A20, though.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, Fleshus said:

Can we only use DMT for this mod? I mean do a "build" only for this mod and leave my other mods in the game mods folder? I'm having issues with my other mods, DMT is updating things without my consent while my mods are working fine and don't need this. Also some of my mods are created by others and improved by me, I don't want DMT to come in there!

There is even a mod that is not supported by DMT at all "Admin Skill Points"

Hey. I really should work to include a better guide with this. You don't need to build the mod every time you want to play. If you are already using a version of the game that has DMT pre-applied, you can just drop the folder into your mods folder and it should work. Running a build is only necessary when you are trying to patch a client that does not have DMT enabled on it yet.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, Fleshus said:

Awesome because of this DMT I tried to load a game when half of my mods were no longer installed, my save is screwed up, thanks guys really! I did not see that the build had not succeeded ... @%$#ing bogus the system ... 4et4e5ezhtfftdhz

And with the game launched on DMT we can no longer make screenshots, this tool is a game breaker. Please make this mod without the need for DMT !!!

Do I really have to run the game with DMT or just use build once and then I can run my game from steam?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately 7 Days to Die does not expose any possible method of doing a mod like this without altering the code. Without DMT, I could provide modified files that you can copy over, but the problem with that is that not only would they only work for one version of the game (DMT gives you the power to keep your client up to date), but it would also not be compatible with any other mod that requires modifications to the code. DMT uses a system called Harmony which allows mods that require code modifications to work alongside one another. I'm sorry you had a hard time getting this working, but as I said above, you can just build once and your client should then be DMT-enabled, and you then should be good to go unless your client gets updated.

12 hours ago, ExtremeLurker said:

Thanks for using my mod! I'm not sure whether it works on 19.6, but I'd imagine it works on any A19 build. I was last using it on A19.4 I believe. I'd have to see about A20, though.

Please keep us posted, I would love to be able to use the mod for A20, happy to test it if necessary even though I'm not sure there is a easy way to that doesn't require me to wait in front of my screen lol.

This is the first I've played 7 days without this mod and I gotta say, boy do I miss it. Its one of those mods you forget you even started using then the game updates and you're like, "wait, what is this nonsense?" Absolutely love the concept of clearing out a place around your base or town or even a whole city (which is quite an undertaking really!) In A19 I tended to play in huge 16k dense city maps using Kinggen and it felt great carving little footholds of safety into the deadly landscape. Good fun. So, yeah, thanks for giving me all of those hours of enjoyment and +1 to a possible a20 update:)

On 12/15/2021 at 8:58 AM, Madnesis said:

Please keep us posted, I would love to be able to use the mod for A20, happy to test it if necessary even though I'm not sure there is a easy way to that doesn't require me to wait in front of my screen lol.

Thanks so much for your interest. As for what you can do to help test, all I recommend is using it normally once I release it and let me know if anything goes wrong, no need to trouble yourself with purposely testing it. I do my best to do that myself before I release stuff!

On 12/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, Chunkimunki said:

Oh man, can't believe I've not come across this mod before. What a great idea! Got my fingers crossed you've the time/enthusiam to A20 it. The thought of clearing out a whole city has me excited - great job my friend.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:48 AM, ate0ate said:

This is the first I've played 7 days without this mod and I gotta say, boy do I miss it. Its one of those mods you forget you even started using then the game updates and you're like, "wait, what is this nonsense?" Absolutely love the concept of clearing out a place around your base or town or even a whole city (which is quite an undertaking really!) In A19 I tended to play in huge 16k dense city maps using Kinggen and it felt great carving little footholds of safety into the deadly landscape. Good fun. So, yeah, thanks for giving me all of those hours of enjoyment and +1 to a possible a20 update:)

Thank you both for taking the time to post and express your interest. It always heartens me to hear of people who really enjoyed using the mod or people who are willing to try it out! I can confirm that I will be taking a look at this soon and will try to get a tested and confirmed working version out before the end of the year.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:48 AM, ate0ate said:

Absolutely love the concept of clearing out a place around your base or town or even a whole city (which is quite an undertaking really!)

I can confirm it takes time and effort, but it's really fun! Glad you enjoyed it enough even to use in large maps like that. Thanks!