a19 b180 all vehicles FLIPPED / zombie spawn in home

7daysOfFun

2 things

since b180 my motorbike and my car get flipped every time i get away...(only in near the homebase, not when explorirng or killing zombies long distance away)

and zombies spawn in my own self created house garage, its outside the distanceof my bed  ...its 100 blocks deep in the mountain

anyone this problem?

The only things that protect against sleeper respawns is the bedroll and LCB. Player placed blocks have nothing to do with it. LCBs don't protect against biome spawns while the bedroll does. Nothing protects against screamer or horde night spawns.

You had sleepers in your garage because it was out of range of the bedroll as you stated.

17 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

I'm not too sure. I figure it's partly a performance thing, since that's a lot of tracking to keep in memory. But, that's what is currently the way it all works as of now.

it was little about performance, they wanted to give some attribute to the bedroll and lcb.. thats why they are split now on their roles.

as for vehicles flipped or flipping, a nice bug report on that in the bug reporting forum would be nice. (if reproducible)

18 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Split the roles of LCB and bedroll? That´s why they now spawn on playermade blocks? @unholyjoe

only thing i see in block xml for not allowing spawn on by mobs is the player created farm plot. so to me that indicates that zombies can probably spawn on a player made block.

i could just be seeing it wrong but you are encouraged to read it as well maybe i missed something.

<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true"/> <!-- BM and horde AI can ONLY spawn on these blocks, the minimum distance to any player is 30m -->
	<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true"/>
	<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false"/> this would be the farm plot listed below

<block name="farmPlotBlockPlayer">
	<property name="Extends" value="farmPlotBlock"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="farmPlotBlock"/>
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
	<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceClayLump" count="0" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="0" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Destroy" name="farmPlotBlockPlayer" count="1"/>
</block>

The idea that zombies don't spawn on player blocks has been around for a long time.
The reason for people saying different things about it is because nobody specifies the type of spawn.

In a POI, if it wasn't protected from zombie spawns, the sleeper spawns could sometimes be prevented if you happened to place blocks in the exact sleeper zombie spawn location. This would work for one person and then they would spread the rumor. Some people would hear about it and try replacing every original POI floor block with a player block, but that's not how it works. The exact spawn location must be covered from floor to ceiling. However, even this does not always work. Sometimes, the zombie spawn will just push up to the roof (maybe this part depends on the loading order of the blocks. zombie spawns, blocks invade the space, zombie is clipped and gets pushed up to the first air space it can fit). Removing floor blocks doesn't work either. The sleeper zombie will spawn in mid air and fall to the ground undamaged. I do this on purpose in some custom POIs so that I can get zombies underwater.

Now for zombies spawned in the world... I'm not completely sure what works and what does not. Many alphas ago I wanted to see what would happen if you covered an entire area, as far as could be rendered, with spikes. On BM, they just spawned anyway and instantly started taking spike damage. Whether or not this still happens, I don't know. The best test for this would probably be using the buried treasure quest since the zombies spawn in pretty close to the player. Go into creative for a moment, cover everything in a radius, come back out and grab the chest and see what happens.

for explaining..i have my base in a mountain..in the middle are my rooms with my bed...and then there a long tunnel to outside for the car...100blocks or more...IN THE TUNNEL now spawn zombies...BEFORE it was ONLY outside in front of my electric doors

and the cars/bike flip is on my normal house outside (in the near of my mountain) from 10 times, 2 times they flip, when im driving home sometimes when he loaded the map i can see that the car is flipping^^

pic1: where i park

pic2:tunnel zombies are in it

pic3: before 180 zombies spawned outside the garage, now inside

20200816034613_1.jpg

20200816034717_1.jpg

20200816034740_1.jpg

Archived