do birds nest respawn?

ElCabong

I thought loote respawn was enabled by default and that can be changed. I never did look to see if you could turn it off.

I'm watching a lot of alpha 19 videos on YouTube. These people may have a large YouTube following very few play the game very well.

2 hours ago, ElCabong said:

I thought loote respawn was enabled by default and that can be changed. I never did look to see if you could turn it off.

I'm watching a lot of alpha 19 videos on YouTube. These people may have a large YouTube following very few play the game very well.

It is enabled by default.

It can be changed.

It can be disabled. (disabled - 30 days) iirc

That being said, if you get to close to a "loot" container before the set re-spawn time the time will reset.  Basically if the chunk loads, time starts over.

I'd say they do respawn. When i started with A15, i red somewhere that they do respawn faster if you destroy the old ones (may be a myth anyway). Since then i always destroy every bird nest after i looted it. So around our base after some time there should no bird nests left. However i continue finding some.

There was another discussion here on the forums about it. If you leave the bird nests they will respawn loot according to your loot respawn setting. However respawning bird nests them selfs works something different and has nothing to do with the loot respawn setting.

7 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I'd say they do respawn.

Bird's nests - the lootable container - do not respawn. If you chop one up with an axe, it's not coming back (absent a chunk reset command). A bird's nest is no different in game terms from a trash pile or a sports bag. You can find it in blocks.xml.

The feathers/eggs respawn like other containers. This can be disabled in the Advanced Options for the game:
image.png.2cabfc924dbbfb1fee6f18eb6d432a9c.png

• 6 months later...

In Ver. 19 the Bird Nest (And all other containers), the lootable container Does respawn. and that can be very bad. Clearing an area of Lootable containers then building your base could result in lossing your base. I've lost 3 bases when containers (ie. bird nest or trash bags on the ground, Even stones) were cleared and after a number of day the container respawned with loot but removing ALL items in its little chunk area that was not there at game beginning. your containers can be removed with all content. the area seems to be about a 9x9 around the container and world height.

8 hours ago, Sneavarg said:

In Ver. 19 the Bird Nest (And all other containers), the lootable container Does respawn. and that can be very bad. Clearing an area of Lootable containers then building your base could result in lossing your base. I've lost 3 bases when containers (ie. bird nest or trash bags on the ground, Even stones) were cleared and after a number of day the container respawned with loot but removing ALL items in its little chunk area that was not there at game beginning. your containers can be removed with all content. the area seems to be about a 9x9 around the container and world height.

This sounds more like your save game got corrupted and reset that part of the world. Containers do not respawn AFAIK and they definitely do not respawn when something is built in their place. Except when starting a quest at that place.

10 hours ago, Sneavarg said:

Lol, you're bugged.

Archived