Painting Books?

Thundy

Honestly, to me, painting books are the least exciting things in 7D2D. It would be a simpler thing to just make finding a paint brush and paint be the "gate." Books are just a silly means of extending the unlocks without much of a logical reason/significant pay off.

That being said, I have never used the function in the 300+ hours I have in Single Player games. So to me, this is an icing I will never put on my cake. Keep books for significant ability unlocks and turn painting into a brush/paint loot issue is my suggestion.

I generally paint my base a bit once I am in the final upgrade for the blocks, like right now I can't make steel on day 19 yet (0 int build), so reinforced concrete is as high as I can go for now. I actually like the painting thing myself, you can take pretty much any texture and paint it onto anything you want.

I'm pretty sure there are no painting books in A18. The lack of available textures is because they removed them, not because they are locked.

Yeah, and this is a shame. While they might not have added to the gameplay itself, they added to the experience of the game. Some of us really do enjoy customizing our bases. But then again, since they're turning the game slowly into a run & gun type of game with quests more than a building/survival game with every new major update I am not surprised they are removing all flavors not part of the action-experience or gameplay.

Oh well, at least A18 is way better than A17 in most cases still.

They removed the paint books and the ability to use certain ground blocks properly. I loved being able to paint my base and go put out grass to make the yard look so much nicer. Sadly in terms of decoration we're stuck with whatever scraps they decide to leave us with these days.

This is a good question. I haven't come across any paint books in A18, but neither have I come across paint yet. Are you saying that if you have paint, you can paint some textures without the books?

There's a few textures you can paint but it's minimal.

When it comes to paint textures, I'm of the mind that more is better. Also, I know TFP wants the world to look post-Apocalypsy, but when I paint my base, I want things to look like new. Rusty and dirty? No thanks. The decor needs some work too. The only two flavors of desk AFAIK are rusty metal and rotten wood. It would help if we could paint them to look new at least. And containers like fridges, coolers, and bookshelves (to name a few) should all be granted the same storage size as chests, since some of them don't have paint texture equivalents.

This is a good question. I haven't come across any paint books in A18, but neither have I come across paint yet. Are you saying that if you have paint, you can paint some textures without the books?

Yes, if you have paint and a brush you can paint. btw, dye scraps into paint and the paint recipe is cheaper than A17.

There's a few textures you can paint but it's minimal.

A pity. I think any textures that exist in the game should be able to be used as paint.

Yes, if you have paint and a brush you can paint. btw, dye scraps into paint and the paint recipe is cheaper than A17.

Great to know, thanks. Paint used to be abundant, but I'm on day 50 or so and still haven't found even 1 can after hitting the hardware store many times.

Great to know, thanks. Paint used to be abundant, but I'm on day 50 or so and still haven't found even 1 can after hitting the hardware store many times.

I guess Paint is what I'll start pointing at when people complain that the looting is overwhelming the crafting... ;)

Also, dye scraps to paint...

I could be wrong, but I think you can eyedrop textures using the paintbrush. I saw a camo texture at an army camp that I eyedropped onto the paintbrush and was able to paint with it. I don't think it is in the default list of textures that you get given - at least I couldn't see it there.

Archived