B155 was nowhere near ready for public stable.

Pichii

You guys havnt stabilized the dedi servers. (People STILL missing monofiles 2 weeks later and after yall had fixed it once.)

STILL havnt fixed FPS issues for other folk.

Game crashing and FPS issues to where half the people cant use them.

Why was this released to public when its still crashing and not functioning proper?

Why are we on stable with people still unable to play the game?

Someone get drunk and press send before going home this weekend? O.o

Dunno, A18 has worked fine for me since experimental first came out, Though I do have fps issues namely if I look at water I drop from 60 fps down to 30-35 till I look away from the water, doesn't matter what setting for water quality either.

You guys havnt stabilized the dedi servers. (People STILL missing monofiles 2 weeks later and after yall had fixed it once.)

Why was this released to public when its still crashing and not functioning proper?

Why are we on stable with people still unable to play the game?

Someone get drunk and press send before going home this weekend? O.o

it works just fine you may need a new computer man

Thank you Pichii for keeping the tradition alive.

Yes, this thread was completely unpredicted and a total surprise.

OP, stable don't mean perfect. It means only what it says, it's "stable", it's at a good enough position for general release, on the expectation but not certainty that it's unlikely to require regular game resets from here on out, and that the majority of players should find it reasonably playable. :-)

And I think the majority do, but that's my un-verified opinion only coming from tracking these and the Steam forums pretty closely these past two weeks.

TFP will, without doubt, continue working on bring A18.1 to ever more higher levels of "stable", without, equally no doubt, ever reaching "perfect".

I want to say I agree but I have no experience in devoloping game. I will say the only issue I have with the game at this point is the extreme drop in frame rates in the snow biome. I have still yet been able to go in the snow biome due to this issue (which i already spoke with faatal about and tried helping as much as i can to pin point the issue, and faatals ideas seem like it will fix it so i'm not to worried). Maybe its just a small portion of the player base that suffers from this issue, who knows.

I want to say I agree but I have no experience in devoloping game. I will say the only issue I have with the game at this point is the extreme drop in frame rates in the snow biome. I have still yet been able to go in the snow biome due to this issue (which i already spoke with faatal about and tried helping as much as i can to pin point the issue, and faatals ideas seem like it will fix it so i'm not to worried). Maybe its just a small portion of the player base that suffers from this issue, who knows.

I've followed your posts about all that, but I never paid attention to what happens in my game. I'll check it out right now.

o

It's in Alpha, it's always going to be a bit buggy. But I mean, I went from unplayable 10-15 FPS outdoors / 30 - 45 indoors to 30-55 fps outdoors and 60 - 70 indoors. The latter is actually better than any previous alpha lol.

I wouldn't say it's extreme, but I'm definitely getting a large drop in FPS in the Snow unfortunately.

I wouldn't say it's extreme, but I'm definitely getting a large drop in FPS in the Snow unfortunately.

Hey Oz... when you get a chance try standing on the border between snow and forest and move back and forth between the two. I see a post-process effect while getting a drop/increase of 40 fps no matter which direction I am looking when I cross over.

Edit: by post-process effect, I don't really mean it's post-process... I have no idea. But, it looks like one as it applies a cool bluish hue to the coloring.

Hey Oz... when you get a chance try standing on the border between snow and forest and move back and forth between the two. I see a post-process effect while getting a drop/increase of 40 fps no matter which direction I am looking when I cross over.

Edit: by post-process effect, I don't really mean it's post-process... I have no idea. But, it looks like one as it applies a cool bluish hue to the coloring.

Tried it just then. Couldn't see any blueish hue to the issue, but the frame drop is still there and really noticable too. I've also had to turn reflections way down to restore FPS, despite my very high end rig.

The joys of Alpha... hehe.

Tried it just then. Couldn't see any blueish hue to the issue, but the frame drop is still there and really noticable too. I've also had to turn reflections way down to restore FPS, despite my very high end rig.

The joys of Alpha... hehe.

OK thanks. I'm really sensitive to color differences... this could be a clue. I sent ZombieSurvivor a PM to check it out as well. I think he'll probably notice the same thing.. and hopefully relay the info to faatal.

I define it as extreme for my GPU which is the gtx 960 4gb. I go from 50-60 steady to 20 in snow biome, add zombies and it drops to 5 fps. That is extreme in my case, I cant speak for everyone else though. It'll be patched faatal just has not yet done the changes that we talked about yet (now that the game has gone stable i can see why, prioritization of more important stuff needing to be done before stable). I'm not to worried it'll be fixed soon as they have time or....whatever it is they do behind the scenes you know. :)

Question for OP: What did YOU do to help yourself?

There are instructional videos on youtube dedicated to tweaking systems and gfx settings, and I had that nasty AMD issue all the others were experiencing. I went from averaging 20fps to 60-80 (outdoors even) just by being computer literate enough to follow instructions.

wow, didn't expect this gets pushed so fast to stable too..

still not playable with af on (below 30fps in desert, worse in snow biome) for me unless i set texture quality down to something ridiculous like 1/4. gfx af 0 doubles performance up almost, hoped this would get addressed before stable. I'm already forcing low af quality "performance" instead of "standard", gives me only 1-2 fps.

https://imgur.com/a/0iWNE1J

my gpu (vega56) is usually limited by powertarget, not in these situations, it clocks rather high but with "light" load and stays 15-20W below its powertarget.

sys: 8700k, vega 56 (19.10.2), 32gb ram 3400, ssd, win10 1903

edit:

more testing in the meanwhile, and i'm kind of happy for now after more fiddling around in driver settings :D

when i changed af settings in driver, it seems to got mostly ignored because the game profile overrode it and there where essentially 2 gameprofiles due to switching between engines for testing. (or however it got created..)

in the situation above i get now around 40fps with AF on, but with higher graphics settings except for af which i can now force to 4x via game profile in driver settings.

16x seems to be identical to the default setting ingame, 8x is a bit better but still a really hard performance hit.

https://imgur.com/a/IvGOtn3

current af implementation and its performance hit is insane, but i can get around a bit like that without turning it completely off at least.. :)

Archived