Stackable spears

Hollowprime

Just throwing an idea here. I've played the forest game and you can have multiple spears in a bag. I think spears should be stackable in order to throw a lot of them . I was playing with a spear the other day and realised I kept losing my spear way too many times . I guess it would be cool to just spear storm the zombie lines without running out of spears.

I don't know how to balance the mods on spears or their durability, I just want not to worry about playing a little Vlad the impaler role in 7 days to die.

Thing is, throwable spears are OP at it's current state, and that change would make them even more OP.

The reason they work so well is precisely bc they are a mele weapon you throw, not a ranged weapon itself. So, you are trying to get the benefits of a ranged weapon (many throws without retreiving it) while retaining the benefits of a mele weapon (much more damage)

The current spear throw is fine...it's high damage, can be used at 0 stamina (which might be a bug, but it's a nice feature), and it can be retrieved from out of zombie punch range. It's downside is that missing is REALLY bad....like, a step above missing a sledge power attack at low stamina bad....so people who want to use the spear have to risk assess a bit more, which makes sense for a melee weapon designed to engage from a safer distance.

The real current problem is still the unrecoverable thrown spear when you kill a zombie during death animation.

Not being able to grab my spear because I screwed up and missed is bad...but it's my fault.

Not being able to grab my spear because the game changes the retrieval rules during the death animation is something else entirely.

But making spears stack removes the risk from the risk-assessment side of the spear.

Or throw smaller spears using a bow.... ;)

Oh Roland you never fail to give me the case of the giggles.

Yeah I thought the same thing, OP, but here it is almost day 40 and my main weapon is still the spear - even though I only have 2 points into it. Granted, I went from stone to iron to steel, but the throwing really would be way too OP with stackable spears.

I tried multiple spears on my action bar and it seems as if, if you have a spear on your bar, your thrown spear does *not* glow red. I've lost several spears in the grass after missing with 2 spears on the bar because of this. Now I just run with one, because I can always retrieve it.

Throwing spears are pretty strong, but attacking using the spear just feels really weak. I basically gave up using them because throwing 1, or clogging up my tool belt, wasn't worth the benefits of having it.

Having a stackable javelin would be pretty neat though, long as it wasn't as overpowered as the current spear.

Archived