I am a long time Console player and just purchased the PC version. what to expect?

knighthonor

Well, for starters, 3 more Alphas.

So you could read the release notes for Alphas 15, 16 and 17 to get an idea, that would be the best way (imho) to familiarise yourself with the delta between Console and PC versions of the game.

Well, for starters, 3 more Alphas.

So you could read the release notes for Alphas 15, 16 and 17 to get an idea, that would be the best way (imho) to familiarise yourself with the delta between Console and PC versions of the game.

You're off by 1 alpha, console currently sits at A15 so PC is only up by 2 alphas.

Well, A15...ish. It got a few bits and pieces of A16 but then bad business and legal things happened.

The short answer? It's a new game. You know nothing.

Pay attention to item stats / descriptions and you may live.

The players who struggled the most were the ones too proud to use the documentation that some people worked hard to keep current. ;)

Wow it feels a bit overwhelming how different it is. I see list of servers. I just got an Xbone elite controller to play with it. When I get home I will try to map it out.

I'd recommend practicing playing with keyboard and mouse. Once you get the hang of it it truly is a superior control method. Far more precise, especially in aiming. Glad to hear you're enjoying so far!

In my opinion, A15 was amazing. A lot of us enjoyed that particular iteration.

A16 introduced a workbench where you could combine things in. That was really addictive. It also introduced things I don't care for like sleeper zombies, and linking the game difficulty to your level, but A16 was loved by many.

A17 is very polarising. I personally dislike most of it, but especially the fact that the field of view slider was removed. Sneaking was a great addition though.

Enjoy!

A16 introduced a workbench where you could combine things in. That was really addictive. It also introduced things I don't care for like sleeper zombies, and linking the game difficulty to your level, but A16 was loved by many.

Enjoy!

A15 added the combining feature to the workbench, not A16. Unless there is some other workbench you are talking about?

Archived