What's a good explosive for blowing up POIs?

apostrophe

In theory TNT on the foundation and it takes care of itself with around 2 tnt per 4x4 blocks is enough. It also depends on the materials used (cement base vs wooden base). Destroying the lowest level of the foundation by hand with care due to collapses can quickly turn the house into debris but you have to clear the remains afterwards.

..you don't plan on nuking your fellow human's house right? Cause that's against the law.

It depends to on if you want to use the admin tools from the creative mode or do it the old fashion way.

You could use the Dev Super Digger to break the blocks instantly to clear it out.

If the regular way I am not sure which explosives work better in game now.

Did it to one of those triangle lodges by the lake. Mowed down most of the base with a chainsaw, and finished the chimney with my pickaxe, and down it went! Because of the amount of work I THOUGHT that would entail, I never tried, but it's quick work, if the building is made of wood. I'm really satisfied with this finding.

HOWEVER, as you gain distance from the wreck, it appears whole again, so it was for nothing =(

Did it to one of those triangle lodges by the lake. Mowed down most of the base with a chainsaw, and finished the chimney with my pickaxe, and down it went! Because of the amount of work I THOUGHT that would entail, I never tried, but it's quick work, if the building is made of wood. I'm really satisfied with this finding.

HOWEVER, as you gain distance from the wreck, it appears whole again, so it was for nothing =(

The distant terrain is generated when the map is generated.

It's never refreshed, so any substantial changes to the landscape will not be rendered when viewed through the distant terrain feature, since it's showing you what was there when the map was generated, and not what is there now.

Maybe in Gold there might be someway to tell the game to refresh it, but it would be a "non-trivial" processing job, so it would likely have to be done while the game wasn't running.*

* Note, I have not heard ever the Pimps say that they'd look at letting the game refresh distant terrain though.

After watching a couple of YouTube Videos of players testing the A17.3, I would have to say the Rocket Launcher and HE rounds will dismantle a building in a couple of shots once it goes live. Can't wait to try :)

I know it is has been "unsettling" to come up over a hill and look at where my base is and only see what "was" there before construction and have it phase in as I get closer.

Madmole posted in the dev thread that they are working with a modder to test out how feasible updating the distant terrain with some regularity is.

He made it sound like they want to make it work, but only if it isn't a lag generator when it happens.

Back when they first introduced explosives, the blocks blown out from the force would damage things as well, this was the best explosion system I think. It would enable you to blow up the middle of the house and the thrown blocks literally had a chance to punch holes in the walls. It would great to see blocks blown up from TNT fall back down and land on a zed and kill them.

I wish we would go back to that type of explosion system.

I'd like to see fire implemented someday too. Someone...a LONG time ago had a video with some experiment to make blocks burn and fire spread. It was cool, but I can't find it. I do very much wish that the long distance rendering thing can one day be resolved. I'd be fine with having it happen when quitting the game etc.

-Morloc

I'd like to see fire implemented someday too. Someone...a LONG time ago had a video with some experiment to make blocks burn and fire spread. It was cool, but I can't find it. I do very much wish that the long distance rendering thing can one day be resolved. I'd be fine with having it happen when quitting the game etc.

-Morloc

is this the one you were looking for?

Madmole posted in the dev thread that they are working with a modder to test out how feasible updating the distant terrain with some regularity is.

He made it sound like they want to make it work, but only if it isn't a lag generator when it happens.

Excellent, thanks muchly for that bdubyah, I missed that one. :-)

-Morloc

Not sure if you were talking about these...

oops, just saw 12pack had linked one...I also added these to check out. I think the second one was his latest version.

Not sure if you were talking about these...

Wow that was 2.5 years ago. His mod looks pretty good. I honestly think that two reasons it hasn't been implemented is frame rate issues and a hugely unfair situation in MP if you are up against a pyromaniac. The destructive force of fire is awesome, but a bit over powered unless balanced VERY well. One thing I didn't like about his mod was how easily a steel shed caught fire. Seems like there is a lot of work to do in regard to block catch fire chance to make it seem realistic. If iron/steel blocks couldn't catch fire then I think the over powered aspect of it in MP would be nerfed enough for me.

Archived