Will there be "legendary" items?

geengaween

People why you all of this? :D

Most likely, these desires arise from the general boredom of the gameplay that is boring fast enough. Believe me you do not need it :), no "legendary" items or "phallic bosses"....We need a deep and thoughtful world, the exploration of which will last for a longer time....well, or some other things.

But not this :)

With proper use of even the available material, can build a gameplay and even get rid of half of the husks that are present now in the game.

Most likely, these desires arise from the general boredom of the gameplay that is boring fast enough. Believe me you do not need it :), no "legendary" items or "phallic bosses"....We need a deep and thoughtful world, the exploration of which will last for a longer time....well, or some other things.

But not this :)

With proper use of even the available material, can build a gameplay and even get rid of half of the husks that are present now in the game.

Shut up and take my rep :)

Such a thing would barely help the game in the long-term. But it's what excites players, as well as M60s and other gimmicks - for no more than a short while that is.

Shut up and take my rep :)

Such a thing would barely help the game in the long-term. But it's what excites players, as well as M60s and other gimmicks - for no more than a short while that is.

I'm for this stuff, even it's a stop gap. I need a reason to loot. At current, there is not much left to do after level 70ish.

Would be amusing to have, even if the 'legendary' part of it is just cosmetic. (as in a named weapon)

Mind you, could have some fun with a few of them. Dirty Larry's Magnum (should be a .44 but we don't have that)

Includes the perk book Do ya feel lucky Punk. (or whatever it's actually called)

:D

I'm for this stuff, even it's a stop gap. I need a reason to loot. At current, there is not much left to do after level 70ish.

I know that is the reason people ask for such a thing. Can't blame them but it's just that there could be 100 more interesting and longer-lasting reasons to loot than this one, using the current game content. Legendary items will not only become boring fast but will also probably create the need for more bullet sponging monstrosities...

We need a deep and thoughtful world, the exploration of which will last for a longer time.

Easier said than done. Have any ideas?

It you were hinting at a backstory, messages and books to be found in the world which tell a story, that is a quite expensive way of creating content.

Content which most people will devour in a single sitting. This is what is the plan for Navezgane AFAIK, but most people will play navezgane once for the story and go back to RWG for the long term play.

Can't blame them but it's just that there could be 100 more interesting and longer-lasting reasons to loot than this one, using the current game content.

Ok, even better, you already made a 100 topic long list. Please post :cocksure:

It you were hinting at a backstory, messages and books to be found in the world which tell a story, that is a quite expensive way of creating content.

Content which most people will devour in a single sitting. This is what is the plan for Navezgane AFAIK, but most people will play navezgane once for the story and go back to RWG for the long term play.

If I may, just re-arranging lootlists to make mods the "chase" items they were supposed to be and making weapons not growing on trees, would be a good step. Another step would be integrating survival into progression in a better way - a good example could be something like that - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111943-Rain-Collection-Suggestion&p=956250&viewfull=1#post956250. Drinking water is a "click every x minutes" mechanic right from the start of the game - would make little difference if there was no murky water (or water) in game at all - game doesn't "exploit" it enough and there is no room to improve QOL.

:) Useful things - superfluous will never be. But one of the problems with this kind of innovation is that you have to be careful about introducing new things. If it does not fulfill its purpose - at best it will just clutter up a number. But it may be that it will lower the bar and reduce the value of other, working things, without bringing anything in return. Therefore, quite rightly, Joel often disagrees with such desires.

Well...for example, regarding RWG: this is a larger size, which can make less available valuable POI. As a result - there will be a real motivation in travel and transport. And if more travel - means more adventure further from the main base with its wealth. Interesting POI should not be frequent....Yes all actually is simple...just need to make sure that there was no skew in one direction.

Аnd, i'm not unfounded - all i'm talking about has been implemented, and worked perfectly for the gameplay ;)

I know that is the reason people ask for such a thing. Can't blame them but it's just that there could be 100 more interesting and longer-lasting reasons to loot than this one, using the current game content. Legendary items will not only become boring fast but will also probably create the need for more bullet sponging monstrosities...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I'm just taking what I can get at this point.

Most likely, these desires arise from the general boredom of the gameplay that is boring fast enough. Believe me you do not need it :), no "legendary" items or "phallic bosses"....We need a deep and thoughtful world, the exploration of which will....

tumblr_p9tanhQ4Wo1tpri36o1_500.gif

-Morloc

Ok, even better, you already made a 100 topic long list. Please post :cocksure:

Pfff ez.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I'm just taking what I can get at this point.

Fair enough - books are also coming and will revitalize looting a bit, with their sheer number and set bonuses.

If I may, just re-arranging lootlists to make mods the "chase" items they were supposed to be and making weapons not growing on trees, would be a good step. Another step would be integrating survival into progression in a better way - a good example could be something like that - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111943-Rain-Collection-Suggestion&p=956250&viewfull=1#post956250. Drinking water is a "click every x minutes" mechanic right from the start of the game - would make little difference if there was no murky water (or water) in game at all - game doesn't "exploit" it enough and there is no room to improve QOL.

The rain-water suggestion is a nice idea, I really like it (though there is a big danger of this also just descending into a grind). But it is another problem on top of all the other problems that will make your life hard at the start of the game and be a non-issue late game. Not really a feature to prolong the end game, right?

I also agree that the mods need balancing work (and not only that, but we all know mods are an unfinished feature at the moment). Availability of better mods is too good at the moment. But there are limits to how much this can be stretched. After all the loot boxes in the pois have to be filled with something. And a heap of leather in the secret container at the end of a poi dungeon won't go down well with most players.

And it can't be that you find or craft high quality weapons with mod slots you simply can't fill with mods. Either a lot more low level mods are needed (which is probably not as easy as it sounds) or mods like the dyes must be stackable in a weapon. Or the mechanism where mods give the damage bonus has to be dropped, which would make mods a lot less desireable

And finding stuff by scavenging has to be balanced with the speed or ease you can build the same stuff with crafting. Weapons were made as ubiquitous and mods the scarce item. If you slow down weapon scavening you also need to slow down weapon crafting (another balancing problem, especially if many players are so set against gating)

In short, in my opinion this isn't just rearranging loot lists, it would entail a slew of further changes.

Fair enough - books are also coming and will revitalize looting a bit, with their sheer number and set bonuses.

Yes, very welcome change. Note that legendary weapons are to weapons what books are to perks

Thats where the big farming mod comes in handy.. over 40 crops, seeds only found by looting, and sweet recipes with fun effects like being able to box a zombie bear to death. At level 50, my wife has only a quarter of available crops, and she just got her first cow.

Archived