Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

ima guess this is the one time where the Blue Pill is not the correct pill. :)

The blue pill is always the right (truth) pill. THe movie got it wrong because Lawrence held out the wrong hand, and they decided to keep it rather than reshoot. And only those in the know would know that the pill scene wa a mini-matrix 'tastes like chicken' scene.

I would say the way they worded that pretty much guarantees that you will be able to simply kill him if you don't want him to detonate. If you have to hit a "sweet spot" to trigger the explosion then shooting other areas won't prematurely trigger it. From earlier comments about the zombie I believe they also stated that he would only trigger his bombs to breach your base as his intended function is to crack the tough outer walls of your base.

I can't be 100% sure but I also think I read in a comment from madmole or one of the other devs that he isnt going to be in the normal spawn table and that he may only spawn on horde night or something along those lines.

So I finally built a gyrocopter. And decided to try something. It took over one hundred attempts, but I kind of finally got it.

Finally landed my gyrocopter on the supply plane. But couldn't do anything.

This is 200% absolute immersion killing aspect for ALL players. (Except console). TFP needs to get this fixed right now. Divert all resources. Before A18 is released.

Or is it becasue this is the secret ending?

Wait now we have premature exploding in game.....im really confused now...does honey help with that, or the teas, or the natural antibiotic?

The true meaning of 7 days to die has finally been revealed! after 7 days of being infected you don't actually turn into a zombie, you just die due to extreme dehydration brought on by uncontrollable projectile diarrhea hahaha!

(Drink the dirty water at your own risk foolish survivor MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!)

It's amazing that you can build tools, vehicles and even whole buildings but you can't simply drink water using your hands anymore. ;)

See they havent implemented a way to wash your hands yet, so it isnt that you can't drink water with your hands. Your character just refuses to drink water from his hands when they are covered in a mix of dirt, zombie chunks and whatever else you may have stuck on your hands lol. At that point even a used tin can is a more appealing option

That is true. But one of the criticisms is that this feeds into peoples' real-life gambling addictions. They may not lose real money on it, but it's still kind of a bummer, especially since gambling mechanics really wouldn't add anything to this game.

Guppy and TSRViper responded for me.

If you're going to ASSUME that a gambling minigame (When I say "like Borderlands 2 random loot machine" I mean a gambling machine for IN GAME CURRENCY ONLY, not to pay with real money, that's how borderlands machine works.) feeds into real life addictions. Then we can remove drugs, alcohol, the strip club, and so on.

Having said that - what would gambling mechanics even add to this game, really?

In my personal experience and my friend's. Systems like Legendary items drop, or gambling in games. Only make us play more and more, and that's good, right?

To get dukes to gamble for that lucky drop you want so bad, or to keep doing dungeons for that legendary item.

I join the idea of ​​@Trankitas I would like to see in some Alpha 19 or 20 a machine swallows coins in the traders, where we put dukes and pull the lever and we can win random loot that when winning it appears in the Joel's rewards box, that It would be almost exciting :D

That is cool, but what I mean by gambling is more like: Trader Joel stole a lot of crates from the Duke's supplies caravan, and he want's to it sell them fast before the Duke trace them to him. So he sell them for a fair price but nobody knows what that crates have inside.

So you buy crates for lets say 1000 dukes, and the crates drop random loot. Could be tools, recipes, guns, ammo... who knows?

Any lootable container in the game is a despicable loot box, just without the real money. 7D2D players are practically gambling dozens of times a day when they are out scavenging. Slippery Slope in full force. :cocksure: . No sorry, I don't buy your argument

I agree that a gambling machine would be a bad idea, but for a different reason: It simply would be overkill. We already have a game chock full with "get some random loot" blocks.

I don't buy your argument either.

In Borderlands 2 practically EVERY enemy you kill drops loot. The machine keeps being one of the most fun features of the game.

But shouldn't players have the option to buy dukes with real-life currency? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Wouldn't it be unfair to restrict those who want to spend real money for in-game money (dukes), by not allowing them to do that?

Edit: The UK Parliament have concluded that loot boxes are NOT gambling, and the U.S. Government is expected to follow suit. Just saying.

But shouldn't players have the option to buy dukes with real-life currency? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Wouldn't it be unfair to restrict those who want to spend real money for in-game money (dukes), by not allowing them to do that?

Edit: The UK Parliament have concluded that loot boxes are NOT gambling, and the U.S. Government is expected to follow suit. Just saying.

No, it would be unfair that your real life income could make you have better stuff that other players. You should have better stuff if you play better, more time, etc. In this case you have to win dukes by making quests, looting, selling items. Then you can buy exactly what you want, or gamble. That's it.

In Borderlands 2 practically EVERY enemy you kill drops loot. The machine keeps being one of the most fun features of the game.

Its a LOOTER SHOOTER.

7d is scavenging survival crafting game.

2 completely unrelated genres that couldn't be possible further away apart.

And if you really like randomness at 1 spot that much, just open weapons tab at vendor and buy it all regardless of what's there.

Its a LOOTER SHOOTER.

7d is scavenging survival crafting game.

2 completely unrelated genres that couldn't be possible further away apart.

And if you really like randomness at 1 spot that much, just open weapons tab at vendor and buy it all regardless of what's there.

Doesn't make it a bad idea, the genre doesn't matter lol. I mean FIFA has random loot and it's fun.

Anyways, I'm not a 7dtd developer, they should see if the idea fits the game or not.

No. Why? Because its against EULA of TFP.

Cheers

hmmm maybe... i will submit a suggestion to the pimps to change all vending machines in game to randomly do the following... take money and give nothing, take money and give wrong item(s) or just give money back without the item(s) or even just take money and apply poison gas killing nearby player(s).

seems to me to be a gambling experience... :)

i am kidding btw.

You could buy my argument at the trader. Would make more sense than hoping to find it in your loot lottery :cocksure:

It might have a use as a money sink. And for people comparing it to borderland 2 it might make sense for TFP to add loot-shooter to this genre mix too. I would vote for trains though, TFP surely wants to add train simulation to the growing lists of genres it emulates

hmmm maybe... i will submit a suggestion to the pimps to change all vending machines in game to randomly do the following... take money and give nothing, take money and give wrong item(s) or just give money back without the item(s) or even just take money and apply poison gas killing nearby player(s).

Lol. Edgy as always.

Doesn't make it a bad idea, the genre doesn't matter lol. I mean FIFA has random loot and it's fun.

Anyways, I'm not a 7dtd developer, they should see if the idea fits the game or not.

Ganre matters quite a bit if you consider what to implement.

As much fun as Fifa with base building and guns would be, it probably wouldn't be a good sports game, don't you think?

Yeah!!!

i am kidding btw.

Hope crushed.

You could buy my argument at the trader. Would make more sense than hoping to find it in your loot lottery :cocksure:

It might have a use as a money sink. And for people comparing it to borderland 2 it might make sense for TFP to add loot-shooter to this genre mix too. I would vote for trains though, TFP surely wants to add train simulation to the growing lists of genres it emulates

LOL! All jokes aside, this feature I'm talking about is for a post-gold DLC of something like that. I prefer bandits, legendary items and yes...trains too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ganre matters quite a bit if you consider what to implement.

As much fun as Fifa with base building and guns would be, it probably wouldn't be a good sports game, don't you think?

Gambling is not the CORE of the game, it's just a fun feature for those who like to gamble in-game, Fifa can't have guns, that would affect the core of the game.

Anyways, now I want 7daystodie Battle Royale. And you can't stop me.

That is true. But one of the criticisms is that this feeds into peoples' real-life gambling addictions. They may not lose real money on it, but it's still kind of a bummer, especially since gambling mechanics really wouldn't add anything to this game.

I doubt we would waste resources on a gambling mini-game. Harvest it for dukes, electric parts, etc.

Archived