White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

3 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

I have about 40 assorted mods running from all different creators. But I have done these quests before - and have gotten the Trader reward crates and been able to open them before. It's all of a sudden that I can't... Let me try to think to my recent mods installed and see if anything might be causing a conflict...

I do a run-through test of Kuva's Armor tomorrow to make sure there isn't any issue with the base quest pack. If there are any other quests you've seen this behavior on, please let m eknow.

So I did something - maybe not knowing what I was doing.
If you want to update a mod - how do you do that? I (re)downloaded the mod for the White River and replaced my existing files. It dropped me back to level 1, as well as my game stage to level 1 and erased all the skill points I have gotten and all the books (recipes/schematics) I have read. One thing it did do - is now when loot from mobs drop - there is ALWAYS  a green White River Citizenship card in the loot bag. I have like 10 of them already...  I think that might have been an unintended bug to the new updates to this mod?

So anyway - I took my experience gain to 300% because I feel like I was jipped out of everything and since my base is still intact and basically a level 60+ base it's not like I'm going to be upgrading it anymore...

Hell at THIS point I might just start a completely new seed. I dunno. All the loot I'm getting now is back to beginner levels.
...meh. These mods are awesome but also not...
But without them 7 Days To Die is basically over after 7 days 😕

New seed might not be so bad I guess since I'm basically at level 1 all over again anyway.

11 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

So I did something - maybe not knowing what I was doing.
If you want to update a mod - how do you do that? I (re)downloaded the mod for the White River and replaced my existing files. It dropped me back to level 1, as well as my game stage to level 1 and erased all the skill points I have gotten and all the books (recipes/schematics) I have read. One thing it did do - is now when loot from mobs drop - there is ALWAYS  a green White River Citizenship card in the loot bag. I have like 10 of them already...  I think that might have been an unintended bug to the new updates to this mod?

So anyway - I took my experience gain to 300% because I feel like I was jipped out of everything and since my base is still intact and basically a level 60+ base it's not like I'm going to be upgrading it anymore...

Hell at THIS point I might just start a completely new seed. I dunno. All the loot I'm getting now is back to beginner levels.
...meh. These mods are awesome but also not...
But without them 7 Days To Die is basically over after 7 days 😕

New seed might not be so bad I guess since I'm basically at level 1 all over again anyway.

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised to hear this considering how little I changed from the previous version. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've added a disclaimer to the download link on the front page warning that this is always a risk and to make sure to backup save game files. This is an alpha version, after all. Did your original issue go away? Are containers lootable?

When I tested the loot drop rate on the citizenship card from the zombie lootbags, I was seeing something around 30% drop rate.. so I'm a bit surprised to see you indicate that it's dropping on every single bag. I'll take a second look at this today and recalculate the real-world drop rate again.

10 hours ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised to hear this considering how little I changed from the previous version. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've added a disclaimer to the download link on the front page warning that this is always a risk and to make sure to backup save game files. This is an alpha version, after all. Did your original issue go away? Are containers lootable?

When I tested the loot drop rate on the citizenship card from the zombie lootbags, I was seeing something around 30% drop rate.. so I'm a bit surprised to see you indicate that it's dropping on every single bag. I'll take a second look at this today and recalculate the real-world drop rate again.

It's fine. I like starting over and exploring and taking all the game experience with me into the new seed. I'll find out as I go about the looting and all that jazz as I progress into this new seed. I did delete some other mods though that I didn't necessarily need/want so hopefully that alleviates some of the issues. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i'm in need of some guidance. i have installed other modlets manually and have had no issue, but i'm suspecting i'm doing something wrong and i can't figure it out.
I have tried extracting it and having the folders like a dumbdumb like this
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\7DTD-WhiteRiver_ToC-WhiteRiverToC_19.6_1.0
Obviously didn't work.
I then re-read the readme file and have the folder

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\
And in there, the 23 folders including the REQUIRED one, still, doesn't work.

I've also tried aislating the mods, i removed all the ones i have working (10 of them) and reloaded into my game, went searching for a new trader (just in case) and it still doesn't work.

What am i doing wrong?

I've tried this on a server hosted by a local computer and it doesn't show, i'm now trying this on a NEW single player game and nothing. Help please, this seems like it adds so much more to do to the game, i'm really looking forward to playing this

On 10/28/2021 at 3:39 PM, cynmd said:

Hi, i'm in need of some guidance. i have installed other modlets manually and have had no issue, but i'm suspecting i'm doing something wrong and i can't figure it out.
I have tried extracting it and having the folders like a dumbdumb like this
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\7DTD-WhiteRiver_ToC-WhiteRiverToC_19.6_1.0
Obviously didn't work.
I then re-read the readme file and have the folder

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\
And in there, the 23 folders including the REQUIRED one, still, doesn't work.

I've also tried aislating the mods, i removed all the ones i have working (10 of them) and reloaded into my game, went searching for a new trader (just in case) and it still doesn't work.

What am i doing wrong?

I've tried this on a server hosted by a local computer and it doesn't show, i'm now trying this on a NEW single player game and nothing. Help please, this seems like it adds so much more to do to the game, i'm really looking forward to playing this

Check the console (F1) to make sure that the mods are loading. Although it sounds like your second attempt followed the right directions. When you look through console you should see a line that indicates that the mods are loading. Do this right after you boot up your server or single player game. Then once you are in-game, work through the new quests at the start. The final one leads you to the Trader, which results in receiving the quest that starts you towards receiving your citizen's card. If you skip past the normal new quests at the start, that may be why you are having issues. Try that and let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

Check the console (F1) to make sure that the mods are loading. Although it sounds like your second attempt followed the right directions. When you look through console you should see a line that indicates that the mods are loading. Do this right after you boot up your server or single player game. Then once you are in-game, work through the new quests at the start. The final one leads you to the Trader, which results in receiving the quest that starts you towards receiving your citizen's card. If you skip past the normal new quests at the start, that may be why you are having issues. Try that and let me know!

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply, i just checked the page again, almost missed this. Luckily i managed to make it work! But kind of not the way it was intended, i had to start looting zombies like crazy and then the citizen card started dropping, the trader never gave me any, nor did i get any mission to receive it from the trader, in the end it still worked out.
Only issue i'm having at the moment is i cannot for the life of me get the special super charged engine for the Amelia Earhart mission, i also cannot find any info as to where i can get it, and i'm scared to think that i might have gotten one and i sold it by mistake, but i don't think so. My bf said he THINKS he got one by harvesting cars, so i've spent two days in game harvesting cars and i got nothing, i have salvage operations maxed out and on the second day i also ate a harvesting candy to see if i was just unlucky, but nope. Any tips?

6 hours ago, cynmd said:

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply, i just checked the page again, almost missed this. Luckily i managed to make it work! But kind of not the way it was intended, i had to start looting zombies like crazy and then the citizen card started dropping, the trader never gave me any, nor did i get any mission to receive it from the trader, in the end it still worked out.
Only issue i'm having at the moment is i cannot for the life of me get the special super charged engine for the Amelia Earhart mission, i also cannot find any info as to where i can get it, and i'm scared to think that i might have gotten one and i sold it by mistake, but i don't think so. My bf said he THINKS he got one by harvesting cars, so i've spent two days in game harvesting cars and i got nothing, i have salvage operations maxed out and on the second day i also ate a harvesting candy to see if i was just unlucky, but nope. Any tips?

I also had the same question some time ago and your BF is correct. Maybe eat the scavenging candy before beginning your next wrenching session. It does appear eventually. The chance of finding one is about 1 in 40

car wrenches but if you find an actual engine, such as in the mechanic areas, the chance of it being an Amelia Earhart engine will be higher. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

Tested with A19.6

White River - Tools of Citizenship - A19.6

* Also now supports Darkness Falls through the use of a compatibility modlet.

Now with Multiple Languages Localization/Support: English, German, French, Iitalian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish

The White River settlements are looking for new citizens to contribute and are willing to give extra tools and equipment that they've collected. They are offering to provide to a select few survivors access to higher quality tools, weapons, armor, and equipment in exchange for volunteering to complete various tasks for the settlement. There is a limited supply and these items are only available to those who gain citizenry with White River settlements. In addition to the reward, the player is sometimes also offered a small stack of wet concrete blocks, from the last of the Trader's community inventory to assist in re-establishing a homestead.

spacer.png

----

This modlet collection extends the new player White River citizenship quest line to provide a handful of quests to obtain improved tools, weapons, and armor. Each item has a small back-story and explanation in an attempt to blend with the vanilla game and Trader. This gives new players a chance to obtain better equipment through a method other than randomness or traditional progression. The rewards this Modlet pack provides were carefully considered against Vanilla gameplay. In most cases, the named items only provide a small improvement over the items they were created from. Due to the multi-tier design of this modlet collection, it provides equipment for beginners all the way up through the elite.

**This modlet pack is XML XPath ONLY and only needs to be installed on the server or player hosting the game! Other players do not need to install this modlet pack locally.**

The modlet collection provides multi-tier quest lines, first requiring the player to craft a +Declaration of Citizenship. This allows them to begin a quest to volunteer to help lay to rest 10 old residents now turned zombie. This earns the player a +White River Citizenship Card which they can then use to select which quest they would like to pursue. The player's citizenship card is returned to them after they complete the settlement's quest. If it is lost for any reason, the player can craft a new +Declaration of Citizenship to start the process over of becoming a White River citizen. The +White River Citizenship Card can also be used to pursue two higher-level citizenship cards through killing of 100 Zombies or 1000 Zombies, respectively. These higher tiers of citizenship allows for the pursuit of Veteran and Elite level equipment.

--

Citizenship is offered in three-tiers:

- Tier 1 : Kill 10 Zombies. This is the Basic level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Citizenship Card
- Tier 2 : Kill 100 Zombies. This is the Veteran level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Veteran Citizenship Card
- Tier 3 : Kill 1000 Zombies. This is the Elite level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Elite Citizenship Card

Once the player obtains their citizenship card, they can use this to craft quest-starter items for the equipment quests below. Some of the quests below offer a veteran version which rewards a sealed crate containing better quality, more items, and greater quantity of each multi-quantity item. Some offer an even higher level set of rewards for elite citizens. However, after a "Veteran" or "Elite" quest is complete, only a basic citizenship card is returned. The player must successfully complete the Tier 2 or 3 citizenship quest again in order to pursue another Veteran/Elite equipment quest.

QUEST LISTING:

VEHICLES:

- Spirit of Vengeance - Take on a demon Juggernaut and obtain a super-fast vehicle. A player using this vehicle is a sure-sign of their elite status. Big thanks to Snufkin's Server-Side Zombies & Snufkins's Server-Side Vehicles for a big part of the base code for the vehicle and zombie. Tested for compatibility with Snufkin's mods, so you can run both at the same time if you want!

- Amelia's Gyrocopter - Discover the truth of what happened to Amelia Earhart. Fight a Wendigo to reclaim her long-lost schematics explaining how to build a three-seater souped-up Gyrocopter. Guaranteed to get you and your friends across the map with speed and ease.

TOOLS:

- Black Bart's Flaming Dig Tools - Uncover the long-buried stash from the most famous stagecoach robber in the western U.S., providing a steel Pickaxe & Shovel with flaming mods and better stats than Vanilla. Stamina trait sure to keep you digging and digging and digging.

- Bunyan's FireAxe - Help the Trader stock up on potable water in exchange for a Paul Bunyan-branded FireAxe.

- Dundee's Hunting Knife - Help the Trader collect bone shivs in exchange for Dundee's famous Hunting Knife with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Jason's Machete - Obtain a replica of Jason's famous machete in exchange for helping the settlement. Big thanks to Wyldwitchykat for this addition!

- Rick Danger's Auger - Obtain two higher tier Augers, the latter of which will turn even the largest mountain to butter, but will expend a LOT of gasoline and degrade your Auger quick.

- Taza's Axe - The famed Taza's Axe, already awesome.

WEAPONS:

- Bambi's Killer Compound Bow - Earn the famed deer killer, "Bambi's Killer Compound Bow" or "Forest Prince Compound Bow" with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Bear Grylls's Claws -"Why fight bare fisted when you can fight bear fisted." Thanks, SteamM0nkey for this idea.

- Callinicus's Greek Fire - Find the book randomly in the world and learn to craft greek fire arrows. Shoot one zombie with a greek fire arrow, and the fire spreads to other entities that it touches.

- Daryl's Crossbow - Obtain a replica copy of the same crossbow Daryl from the Walking Dead used: The Zombiekiller Crossbow.

- Deschain's Revolver - Collect the eight Dark Tower series books and craft nineteen doors to have one of Roland Deschain's legendary revolvers bestowed upon you. Has custom bullets that are expensive to craft, but super powerful.

- Leon's Modded SMG - Help Leon finish his DIY gun project, resulting in a 9mm SMG weapon with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Pavlichenko's Rifle - Locate and assemble a branded Marksman rifle from the famed marksman, Pavlichenko.

ARMOR:

- Kuva's Red Armor - Discover the secret ingredient in Kuva's Legendary Red Armor. This armor is rumored to be lightweight and stealthy, with resistances to heat & cold, and an extra mod slot per piece. The basic quest is EASY, but the Veteran quest is HARD.

RESOURCES:

- Brass For Lead - Help the community restock its Lead supply and in exchange receive some brass.

- Everdeen's Arrows & Bolts - The settlement is trying to put together a feast. Help feed everyone in exchange for named arrows or bolts guaranteed to fly true.

- Gupta's Bandages - Can't craft first aid bandages? Trade Aloe Leaves & Cotton for a few highly-sought-after Gupta's First Aid Bandages & a First Aid Kit.

- QwikCrete - Learn the secret to making quick-drying concrete blocks!

- Elite Random - Obtain a sealed crate from four veteran cards that gives you a single random elite quest starter. Obtain a veteran card back at the start of your elite quest. If you complete the Elite quest, you obtain an Elite citizen's card!

- Remington's Steel Ammo - A spin off of Khaine's Steel Ammo mod that turns his mod into a questable achievement. Cheap-to-make bullets that degrade your weapons faster. Also, now with an auto turret that takes steel 762 rounds.

- Molino Bulletproof Glass - Exchange regular bulletproof glass blocks with the Trader and they will teach you how to create clear Molino-branded bulletproof glass. Thanks to arramus & Fuzzy Pug for the idea & quest code.

Nearly all quests are designed to be repeatable in case of loss of equipment or to try your luck at a higher quality reward. Black Bart's dig tools are unique and the quest is designed NOT to be repeatable!

UPCOMING QUESTS:

Dwarven Bellows - Faster Smelting, Faster Crafting, Bundled Forged Items

Steel Spikes - Double the durability of Iron Spikes

Basilone's M60

Brienne's Heavy Armor

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

- Wyldwitchyka :: For the addition of the Jason's machete quest modlet
- morggin :: For the name and lore behind Black Bart, for the Bambi Terminator Crossbow, and for the idea of an Elite level set of quests
- RichardPaul :: For the poem used in the Black Bart quest line.
- Aeyvi-Daro :: For quest text and testing assistance on all quests.

- mr.devolver :: Big thanks for the help fixing the GoTo Trader, improving the quest integration with the trader, and helping seek out a path to add the quests to the Trader dialog!

- arramus & Fuzzy Pug :: Fuzzy Pug requested a new quest be added that grants clear bulletproof glass. arramus was kind enough to do the heavy lifting to create the quest, I rebranded the naming of it but mostly kept the quest and code intact as was provided.
- sechsterversuch & Zeeeni :: BIG thanks to these two for providing a full German language translation for every quest, and for testing the translations afterwards!

CURRENT DOWNLOAD

A19.6_1.0 - White River - Tools of Citizenship A19.6_1.0 - BUGFIX RELEASE (Elimination of Infinite SkillPoint Exploit)

* Please be aware anytime you update mods, you run the risk of your level and skill points being reset. You are strongly recommended on live games to take a backup of your save game data to protect your progress in case you need to rollback.

Optional Download for Users of DARKNESS FALLS: Tools of Citizenship A19.4_1.0 Darkness Falls Compatibility Modlet

* If you wish to install White River - Tools of Citizenship quest pack into your Darkness Falls game, this compatibility modlet is REQUIRED. Please note that you will see two WRN in your console log. This is expected and not a problem.

Old Downloads

A19.4_1.0 - White River - Tools of Citizenship A19.4_1.0

A19.2_1.0b - White River - Tools of Citizenship A19.2_1.0b

A19.1_1.1a - White River - Tools of Citizenship A19.1_1.1a

A19_1.0 - White River - Tools of Citizenship A19_1.0

A18.3_1.7d - White River - Tools of Citizenship A18.3_1.7d

A18.3_1.6c - White River - Tools of Citizenship A18.3_1.6c

A17.1 & A17.2 - White River - Tools of Citizenship 1.5a

question is this avaialable through the 7days mod launcher. It sounds amazing :)

5 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

question is this avaialable through the 7days mod launcher. It sounds amazing :)

I recently downloaded Age of Oblivion (last week) through the Mod Launcher and this was not available directly. The Mod Launcher list was very much a selection of overhauls rather than Vanilla + Mods.

I’ve started a new singleplayer game with this mod, and I’m loving it. It makes the early game a lot less grindy. I’m looking forward to adding this our multiplayer game next time we start a new world.

A couple of things I’ve noticed that might need some attention, though;

Callinicus’ Greek Fire book can be looted and read multiple times for a TON of cheaty XP. I kept finding the book and reading it straight away, without realizing that I was reading the same book repeatedly. 

The other thing is the Wendigo quest. I’m not familiar with Snufkin’s creations, but the Wendigo seemed extremely OP to me. Using my (successful) day 14 horde base design made with cobblestone, I sank a stack of shotgun shells, 17 flaming steel bolts, and 40-50 9mm rounds into the Wendigo, and the thing never showed a sign of taking damage. Even if I had missed half the time (I’m no pro, but I’m not THAT bad), I feel like that should still have been enough. It tore through my defenses and chased me around until I ran out of stamina and it ate me. I don’t really mind if it’s designed to be that tough, but a hint would have been nice, lol. The quest implied that a bunch of upgraded wood frames would be enough.

Now that I’ve died to the thing, I can’t figure out how to complete or reset the quest. If anyone can help me out with that, I’d appreciate it.

11 hours ago, TarredHarpy said:

I’ve started a new singleplayer game with this mod, and I’m loving it. It makes the early game a lot less grindy. I’m looking forward to adding this our multiplayer game next time we start a new world.

A couple of things I’ve noticed that might need some attention, though;

Callinicus’ Greek Fire book can be looted and read multiple times for a TON of cheaty XP. I kept finding the book and reading it straight away, without realizing that I was reading the same book repeatedly. 

The other thing is the Wendigo quest. I’m not familiar with Snufkin’s creations, but the Wendigo seemed extremely OP to me. Using my (successful) day 14 horde base design made with cobblestone, I sank a stack of shotgun shells, 17 flaming steel bolts, and 40-50 9mm rounds into the Wendigo, and the thing never showed a sign of taking damage. Even if I had missed half the time (I’m no pro, but I’m not THAT bad), I feel like that should still have been enough. It tore through my defenses and chased me around until I ran out of stamina and it ate me. I don’t really mind if it’s designed to be that tough, but a hint would have been nice, lol. The quest implied that a bunch of upgraded wood frames would be enough.

Now that I’ve died to the thing, I can’t figure out how to complete or reset the quest. If anyone can help me out with that, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for your feedback. I really do appreciate it. The quest text does try to imply it'll be a tough battle and a defensive structure would be advised. But I do see what you mean that due to it requiring wood frames to be placed and then upgraded, it kind of implies that a wooden structure would be enough. Snufkin designed the zombie itself, but I tuned its "toughness" for this quest pack. It is meant to be a really tough (as are all the custom zombies in the quest pack)... think boss mob. My wife and I would use the concrete blocks that you get as reward from the other quests and use them to make a small 5x5x3 structure. Even then it takes us both hammering away at it for awhile to kill it. I would strongly recommend substantially preparing anytime you know you are going to head into a battle with a custom zombie/mob from the quest pack. If you can, bring a friend. It's more fun that way anyway. :) One of the zombies in the quest pack does insane block damage, so it easily destroys structures. ;)

As far as Callinicus's Greek Fire book, I've got the code now to only allow a book to be read once. I'll add that to this quest and appreciate you mentioning this. I've also found in the current version this greek fire book is dropping to commonly. It should be fairly rare.. and right now it isn't. The greek fire arrows a real treat to use during blood moon. ;)

As far as resetting the quest, I'm afraid the only option is to drop the quest and start it over. I'm not aware of the quest XML code that would allow a quest to be attempted a second time. The issue is the quest the player has requires a custom zombie to be killed... but once the player dies that custom zombie gets despawned by the server and doesn't exist in the game anymore. If you go into your quest menu, the option to drop the quest should be there.

When you update this for a20, would it be possible to also make an all-in-one version.  I can understand having the separate modlets, but when you're already running a number of mods adding an additional 20 is enough to push it over the edge and tank server performance.

I have one I slapped together for our groups server, but I made a number of other changes to it as well, so it's not really fit for posting.

15 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

When you update this for a20, would it be possible to also make an all-in-one version.  I can understand having the separate modlets, but when you're already running a number of mods adding an additional 20 is enough to push it over the edge and tank server performance.

I have one I slapped together for our groups server, but I made a number of other changes to it as well, so it's not really fit for posting.

What kind of server are you running?! ;)

Sure, I'll add this to the TODO for A20 release. I'm working my way through all my mods testing them one by one. So far, nothing too ground breaking. Hope to have this one updated soon.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:28 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

Sure, I'll add this to the TODO for A20 release. I'm working my way through all my mods testing them one by one. So far, nothing too ground breaking. Hope to have this one updated soon.

Oh we put it on one of our more difficult dedi's, but have a number of QoL mods on it so the only real struggle is fighting the zombies.

A short list of the mods is Allocs, CPM, increased stack sizes, more shape selection, quicker crafting, custom buffs for donors, trees respawn & less seeds, custom materials and blocks, increased bloodmoons, Snufkin's zeds plus and vehicles, starter quests and progression changes, and some custom UI mods for server displays. All told we were looking at 51 mods, and it was at the point where if we had more than 3 or 4 people on the server the server FPS went from a reasonable 40 to an abysmal 4. Had 9 people on for a bloodmoon, and saw the server actually go below 1FPS for the first time in 7 years.

Did some testing, and found that when we got over 45 mods, that's when the performance started to go downhill. So I pulled an all-nighter and started merging. The largest crutch I noticed was the sheer size of the localization files. I honestly think that is where it was killing the server, and it probably has to do with the way the dedi client loads the mods into memory. Once I patched together the all-in-one, things were peachy again. (Though the change ended up resetting progression because the mod loaded differently, even though there was no actual change to the code being modified in progression. Annoying, but it was an early change so the players didn't lose much at all.)

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

On 12/6/2021 at 3:28 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

dont know if possible but could you add this to the mod launcher i would love to play it and i hate playing around in critical areas that can mess up 7days for me :)

2 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

dont know if possible but could you add this to the mod launcher i would love to play it and i hate playing around in critical areas that can mess up 7days for me :)

The mod launcher (to the best of what I understand of it) is for overhaul mods. Whereas this is really just a collection of modlets. Overhauls change a LOT about the game. And typically modlets change smaller things. I do believe this quest pack is part of the Oblivion overhaul, which is on the mod launcher.

For what its worth, its super easy to install this collection of modlets into your game.. and even remove them if you don't like them. If you have any doubt or want help with that you should seek out the Official 7DTD Discord server. Lots of friendly people there willing to walk you through it in a live fashion (myself included).

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

No update yet other than to say that this is turning into more work that I had anticipated. It appears that A20 no longer allows you to easily offer a random tiered value for a quest reward. What can be done is to offer a tiered item based on a player's gamestage. The bad news is I'm having to rewrite all the quest rewards around this. The good news is that it'll flow more with the vanilla quest experience through the Trader's dialog/UI. I'm also taking the opportunity to do away with the various crates in favor of displaying a few different potential rewards for the player to choose from. Lastly, I've been able to embed the 10z, 100z, and 1000z quests into the tiered Trader quests and have done away with the requirement to need to have completed the 10z quest in order to start the 100z quest. Instead, each quest to obtain the three tiered citizen card is going to be offered up via the Trader's quest system. This means no one will be able to quickly go from 10z->100z->1000z quests, and would have to work through more of the vanilla quests to gain the quest tiers to get to the next level. This does slow down progress through the quest pack, but also brings the entire quest pack more in line with how vanilla quest tiering works.

I'm working through the changes as quickly as I can, but A20 brought a lot of changes that has complicated things. I've had to pull out of the quest pack the QwikCrete, as poured Concrete no longer even exists in the game.. and seemingly isn't even possible anymore. I've also had to remove the Remington's Steel ammo quest, as it has a LOT of unknown errors that I'm fighting through. I'll have to re-add it back to the quest pack farther down the line.

As a general rule, I'm scaling down all the rewards. Feedback I've received is the entire quest pack is OP and progresses the player too quickly. These changes are to help provide a more balanced experienced, while still providing the better tools, armor, etc via the custom quests. Skillpoints will only be given out for elite tier quests. And due to the new shortage of food and seeds in A20, I've been incorporating more food, drink, and seeds into lower tier quest rewards.

That's all I've got for now. For those waiting on this A20 compatible release, please know I'm working on it daily and as quickly as I can. So sorry for the delay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, SylenThunder said:

Good to hear.  And yeah, some of the changes I had made to the all-in-one pack were focused at slowing down progression a bit. People were hitting level 300 in days.

I've got all the code posted on Github in case you (or anyone else) wants to create a pull request with suggested modifications. Or please feel free to DM me here or on Discord if you have any specific changes that you'd like me to make. I'm pretty easy going and as a general rule, I usually accept and implement any recommendation provided. I'm definitely open to any suggestions anyone has to slow progress down further. If you have cod to offere, great.. if not, no big deal. :)

I just got back from family vacation and am back to work on this quest pack. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but there are a few things I'd like to do my best to sort through before releasing A20_1.0:

• Removal of all Quest Crates (80% complete)
  • Conversion of all Quest rewards to use the Trader Dialog (50% complete)
  • Removal of nearly all skillpoint rewards & re-balancing of the experience provided across all quests and tiers
  • Re-balance all custom weapons, armor, and tools against vanilla. If possible and I can work through it fast enough, I'd like to see if I can condense some of them down using "Extends" option.

* Darkness Falls compatibility mod will have to be handled after the A20_1.0 release, as DF itself has not yet been released for A20 and Khaine doesn't expect it to be released until mid to late January. I can sympathize. It's a LOT of work updating even this quest pack for A20. I can only imagine the amount of work involved in updating DF (which is a substantially larger set of code).

For anyone daring, I am publishing my changes as I go, directly onto the master branch in GitHub. Be aware though, that the version there may have bugs or errors until I complete this next release.