White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

Sorry about the issues with this! I did check the loot id's in an attempt to make sure they were all unique, but I clearly missed this one. :( And I didn't consider backwards compatibility when I changed item names. The save games I create are all new, so I how I was testing (flawed) wouldn't have caught that one.

As suggested, I updated Bambi's quest to use loot id 127. I also added back in the legacy item names to ensure backwards compatibility. I'll leave these old names in for at least a few months before I remove it in the code. This should give anyone a reasonable about of time to work through their game with both the old and new item names working side-by-side.

I've updated the first post with the latest download. Thank you again for your help testing. Sorry about missing such simple basic things on this. :(

Sorry about the issues with this! I did check the loot id's in an attempt to make sure they were all unique, but I clearly missed this one. :( And I didn't consider backwards compatibility when I changed item names. The save games I create are all new, so I how I was testing (flawed) wouldn't have caught that one.

As suggested, I updated Bambi's quest to use loot id 127. I also added back in the legacy item names to ensure backwards compatibility. I'll leave these old names in for at least a few months before I remove it in the code. This should give anyone a reasonable about of time to work through their game with both the old and new item names working side-by-side.

I've updated the first post with the latest download. Thank you again for your help testing. Sorry about missing such simple basic things on this. :(

Thanks for the update :)

Yep, I fixed it for my server the same way, added the items with the old names to the new ones, so the player could login properly. And don't worry, your quests are really nice and my players like them. If I come here to nitpick, it is never critics, but help. Keep on your good work :)

• 10 months later...

!! UPDATED FOR A18.3 !!

Many numerous updates in this release.

* Updated all item names to match A18.3

* Updated quest flows due to removal of negative rewards from quests

* Closed infinite resource loophole due to lack of writ crafting

* Added a new quest for Paul Bunyan's FireAxe, to aide in quick felling of trees

* Added a new quest for Roland Deschain's legendary revolver, random book drops in the world, and specialty ammo for the revolver. This revolver shoots FAST and reloads FAST too! Plus the bullets for it are expensive to make, but are powerful!

* Added a second tier to Bambi's Bow quest, which adds a compound crossbow.

* Added a second tier to Ivanka's Dig Tools quest, so the quest now supports Iron and Steel tools.

* Adjusted nearly all the ingredient requirements for all items. Previously several were extremely difficult to attain.

* Added sealed citizen crate back to base citizen quest.

* Adjusted the number of concrete blocks given for each quest. Ensured the minimum was above 0.

* Standardized the colorization of the quest items and rewards. Standardized the icons used.

* Re-examined and adjusted the named reward items specs against A18.3 config files to ensure they are always better than the vanilla similar items.

* Moved all the lootid numbers up a bit to hopefully help with conflicts with other mods. Renumbered all the lootids.

The download link is in the first post. Please let me know if you run into any trouble or bugs.

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

Collect the eight Dark Tower series books

Done. I mean just buying them was easy and it took a while to finally get through all of them and (of course) all the related Dark Tower linked books in the King universe but short of buying an extra 4 feet of bookshelf space this seems a little light as a quest as I just completed it as part of my normal routine and.... ohhhhhhh .... you mean they're now IN the game? Squeeeee!

BUGFIX Release A18.3_1.6c -

* Corrected quest text

* Adjusted difficulty listed for quests

* Fixed the quantity of seed schematics

* Adjusted which quests drops the seed schematics

Download link in first post.

Thank you for this great mod. I am creating something similar so this will provide some great inspiration.

Sharing is caring. :) Especially in the Modding community. Glad to help be an inspiration for anyone else in the same way Royal Deluxe's Vanilla+ Quests was for me.

For me, of all the mods I have on my server, I enjoy this modlet collection the most. I think it really helps fill the game in more in an area the base game is sorely lacking and provides more goals for players to work towards. I'd love to see more questing modlets from others to add to the pile. :) I just wish Fun Pimps trader support of quests was better. It's a bit hoky that we can't add dialog with the trader to match the quests.. or even add these quests to the dialog box the Trader already has.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has any ideas for additional similar type quests they would like to see added to this collection, I'm open to consider anyone's ideas or suggestions. The Deschain's quest was a suggestion to me. :)

Sharing is caring. :) Especially in the Modding community. Glad to help be an inspiration for anyone else in the same way Royal Deluxe's Vanilla+ Quests was for me.

For me, of all the mods I have on my server, I enjoy this modlet collection the most. I think it really helps fill the game in more in an area the base game is sorely lacking and provides more goals for players to work towards. I'd love to see more questing modlets from others to add to the pile. :) I just wish Fun Pimps trader support of quests was better. It's a bit hoky that we can't add dialog with the trader to match the quests.. or even add these quests to the dialog box the Trader already has.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has any ideas for additional similar type quests they would like to see added to this collection, I'm open to consider anyone's ideas or suggestions. The Deschain's quest was a suggestion to me. :)

By any chance have you have any experience with the ui_display.xml file? I am trying to find a way to display an items current durability instead of relying on the colored quality bar. See thread below.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?152007-Durability-Question

Hi. I just logged in to say thank you for this mod! I am all for new quests, stories and whatever that gives us goals and can keep us playing. I've been playing with this mod recently and it's pretty cool. It gives nice rewards that feel just right and not overpovered for the work player has to do in order to get them. We definitely need more of these mods!

I appreciate the positive feedback.

Sorry Laz Man, I don't have any experiencing editing this file.

I spent the last day doing a complete rewrite of Kuva's Armor modlet. I think you guys will really like what I've done with this. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but suffice to say its now the largest Modlet of any in the pack and contains a greater level of complexity than any of the other quests. I'm working through testing it right now and hope to release it either later today or maybe tomorrow.

I finally feel I'm starting to get a reasonable handle on quest writing via XPath Modlets :)

I spent the last day doing a complete rewrite of Kuva's Armor modlet. I think you guys will really like what I've done with this. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but suffice to say its now the largest Modlet of any in the pack and contains a greater level of complexity than any of the other quests. I'm working through testing it right now and hope to release it either later today or maybe tomorrow.

I finally feel I'm starting to get a reasonable handle on quest writing via XPath Modlets :)

I wish I could create at least couple of your clones, so that each clone would work on different quest mod, because I don't really know many modders interested in quests and story mods.

no worries! thanks for the teaser! sounds great!

I wanted to share a little mod pack I've been working on. I tried to design this so that it could either be dropped into an existing game or work from a new game.

This modlet collection extends the new player White River citizenship quest line to provide some Kill Zombies, Gather & Craft, and Find Item quests to obtain improved tools and equipment. Each item has a small back story and explanation in an attempt to blend with the vanilla game and Trader experience. This gives new players a chance to obtain named-gear through a method other than randomness or traditional progression. I tried to balance the rewards and equipment these quests provide to not provide an excessive reward and throw off balanced gameplay. In most cases, the named items only provide a moderate improvement over the items they were created from.

**This modlet pack is only XML XPath and only needs to be installed on the server!**

This modlet collection provides a multi-tier quest line, first requiring the player to craft a +Declaration of Citizenship. This allows them to begin a quest to volunteer to help lay to rest 10 old residents now turned zombie. This earns the player a +White River Citizenship Card which they can then use to select which equipment quest they would like to pursue. The player's citizenship card is returned to them after they complete the quest. If it is lost or the player wants to pursue more than one quest at the same time, the player can craft a new +Declaration of Citizenship to start the process over of becoming a White Run citizen.

--

White River - Tools of Citizenship - A18

The White River settlements are looking for new citizens to give extra tools and equipment that they've collected. They are offering to provide a select few survivors access to higher quality equipment in exchange for volunteering to complete various tasks for the settlement. There is a limited supply and these items are only available to those who gain citizenry with White River settlements. In addition to the reward, the player is also offered a small stack of wet concrete blocks, from the last of the Trader's community inventory to assist in re-establishing a homestead.

Citizenship is offered in two-tiers:

- Tier 1 : Kill 10 Zombies. This is the Basic level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Citizenship Card

- Tier 2 : Kill 100 Zombies. This is the Veteran level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Veteran Citizenship Card

Once the player obtains their citizenship card, they can use this to craft quest starter items for the equipment quests below. Some of the quests below offer a veteran version which rewards a sealed crate containing better quality, more items, and greater quantity of each multi-quantity item. However, after each "Veteran" quest is complete, only a basic citizenship card is returned. The player must successfully complete the Tier 2 citizenship quest again in order to pursue another Veteran equipment quest below.

EQUIPMENT QUESTS:

- Bambi's Killer Compound Bow & Crossbow - Earn the famed deer killer, "Bambi's Killer Compound Bow" or "Bambi's Killer Compound Crossbow" with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Bunyan's FireAxe - Help the Trader stock up on potable water in exchange for a Paul Bunyan-branded FireAxe.

- Deschain's Revolver - Collect the eight Dark Tower series books and craft nineteen doors to have one of Roland Deschain's legendary revolvers bestowed upon you. Has custom bullets that are expensive to craft, but super powerful.

- Dundee's Hunting Knife - Help the Trader collect bone shivs in exchange for Dundee's famous Hunting Knife with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Everdeen's Arrows & Bolts - The settlement is trying to put together a feast. Help feed everyone in exchange for named arrows or bolts guaranteed to fly true.

- Gupta's Bandages - Can't craft first aid bandages? Trade Aloe Leaves & Cotton for a few First Aid Bandages.

- Ivanka's Flaming Dig Tools - From the biggest digger herself, iron and steel Pickaxe & Shovel with flaming mods and slightly better stats than Vanilla. These tools rock to

- Jason's Machete - Obtain a replica of Jason's famous machete in exchange for helping the settlement. Big thanks to Wyldwitchykat for this addition!

- Kuva's Red Armor - Discover the secret ingredient in Kuva's Red Armor with slightly better stats and environmental mods. Very quiet and lightweight.

- Leon's Modded SMG - Help Leon finish his DIY gun project, resulting in a 9mm SMG weapon with slightly better stats than Vanilla.

- Taza's Axe - The famed Taza's Axe, already awesome.

All quests, except Deschain's Revolver, are designed to be repeatable in case of loss of equipment or to try your luck at a higher quality reward.

Current Download

A18.3 - White River - Tools of Citizenship A18.3_1.6c

Old Downloads

A17.1 & A17.2 - White River - Tools of Citizenship 1.5a

This is great, thanks !

Taking longer than expected to hammer through the final details on the Kuva's Armor questline. In this questline , there are 8 quests, 15 new items, 9 new recipes, and a lootable container. Including a few blank lines, there are over 800 lines of XML in this rewritten questline. A lot of details to test and make sure are working as expected. My apologies for the delay, but I want to make sure that everything is working properly before releasing it. I also performed regression testing to ensure it is backwards compatible with any games that already are running the current version. Maybe another day or two and I should be able to work through the last minor issues I'm seeing.

Taking longer than expected to hammer through the final details on the Kuva's Armor questline. In this questline , there are 8 quests, 15 new items, 9 new recipes, and a lootable container. Including a few blank lines, there are over 800 lines of XML in this rewritten questline. A lot of details to test and make sure are working as expected. My apologies for the delay, but I want to make sure that everything is working properly before releasing it. I also performed regression testing to ensure it is backwards compatible with any games that already are running the current version. Maybe another day or two and I should be able to work through the last minor issues I'm seeing.

Wow sounds awesome! Take your time. Rome wasn't built in a day. :)

Sounds like a lot of fun is coming our way, don't worry about the delay, we are not going anywhere, just like Laz Man noted, take your time, we will be here when it's ready! :D

I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be to release this. I've tested the run-through countless times, have done the best I could to tweak everything as best I could. I think beyond my own testing, the best is just to get it out there for others to play on as well. Be aware, the basic version of the Kuva's Armor quest (which just takes the 10Z Green Citizen card) is easy to complete. However, the Veteran version of this quest (takes 100Z Veteran Blue Citizen card) is hard to complete fully to obtain the full set of armor. The intention is to give something more to the players who are NOT new players. Only players who have progressed sufficiently in the game will be able to complete the veteran quest and craft their new legendary armor set. The armor itself is fantastic and definitely worth your efforts to pursue. Especially for those players who prize stealthiness.

Being that this is the most complicated Modlet I've created yet, I would appreciate any feedback from those who work through the Veteran portion of this questline.

Does anyone else get an NRE when they click on the quest in the quest menu? The quest still works, but the console error just pops up whenever I click on the quest name in the menu...

I thought it was caused by having custom zombies modlet installed, but I even took that out, and I'm still getting the NRE...

Does anyone else get an NRE when they click on the quest in the quest menu? The quest still works, but the console error just pops up whenever I click on the quest name in the menu...

I thought it was caused by having custom zombies modlet installed, but I even took that out, and I'm still getting the NRE...

Maybe a conflict with another item ID used by another mod?

I think this is caused by reference to a Localization entry that is not present. This should only happen when viewing your quest list and shouldn't have affect on the playability of the quests themselves.

I'll take another close look through it again tonight to make sure I fill in any Localization entries I've mentioned for all items and quests. I'm pretty sure I know what is causing this one and it is fixable.

Thanks for posting the issue CrypticGirl. I will try to get a patch out as quickly as I can.

Okay guys, so I've got some good news and bad news...

The Bad News.. I found a severe typo that I managed to overlook previously that will prevent anyone from actually receiving the revolver when they collect the reward from the Trader. On top of that, to fix the NPE error, I had to change all the item names.. so it's going to take me another day to work through ensuring that the next version is also backward's compatible and won't break anyone's games that already have the current version of the mod installed.

The Good News.. I found the cause of the NPE. It stems back to not properly utilizing the Localization file for all created quests, items, blocks, etc. I do have a fix in place for Deschain's Revolver questline and I've worked through testing it start to finish and all items work properly, have descriptions, and the quests don't generate NPE when viewing the quest log.

Give me another day I'll create an emergency release before I move on to fixing the Localizations on the other quest lines. While I do have the NPE fixed at this point (along with the quest reward severe bug), it would do no one any good to install this version without me also applying some backwards compatibility support. Really sorry about this! I hope no player is able to work through the quest line before we get the patched version released!

Okay guys, so I've got some good news and bad news...

The Bad News.. I found a severe typo that I managed to overlook previously that will prevent anyone from actually receiving the revolver when they collect the reward from the Trader. On top of that, to fix the NPE error, I had to change all the item names.. so it's going to take me another day to work through ensuring that the next version is also backward's compatible and won't break anyone's games that already have the current version of the mod installed.

The Good News.. I found the cause of the NPE. It stems back to not properly utilizing the Localization file for all created quests, items, blocks, etc. I do have a fix in place for Deschain's Revolver questline and I've worked through testing it start to finish and all items work properly, have descriptions, and the quests don't generate NPE when viewing the quest log.

Give me another day I'll create an emergency release before I move on to fixing the Localizations on the other quest lines. While I do have the NPE fixed at this point (along with the quest reward severe bug), it would do no one any good to install this version without me also applying some backwards compatibility support. Really sorry about this! I hope no player is able to work through the quest line before we get the patched version released!

I know I can only speak for myself here, but I didn't even have a chance to try the new version yet, due to some issue in my favorite mod list that I have to figure out before playing, so I don't know how about others, but in my case you have plenty of time lol

!! BUGFIX RELEASE !!

I've removed all Localization from the Modlets and double checked through all of them to ensure that the Quests all have a description defined and no "key" references to Localization. It appears the game still does not push the Localization file from the server to the players. One of the original goals of this modlet collection was the ability to add it to a server and NOT require the players to download the modlets too. Please have a go on the latest version posted to the first page and let me know if you run into any trouble.

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages