White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

Great Work!!!Thx!!!

But...Can I say it`s hard for people who want to translate it to their own language...You`ve delete the localization file and I know why...

If you can add the version with the localization.txt file so that people will directly know what thing need to be translate.That will be great help.

Thanks Again for your great work!!!

This is a tough thing you are asking for PandaTea. :( The game throws Null Reference errors if localization is used and the Modlet isn't installed locally on each player's game. I wanted this Modlet pack to specifically be supported ONLY through installing it on the game server.

Once the code stabilizes a bit and I have some confidence we've found any bugs present, I may go back through and duplicate the entire Modlet pack to support localization. But as it stands right now, I can't do this without also requiring everyone to install the pack on each player's machine too. :(

7DTD Doesn't support providing BOTH the non-key and the key (localization) configuration of quests and items. It's one or the other. :( This has been a long-standing "feature" of 7DTD. I am hopeful with their most recent localization release of 18.3 that they may be changing this and improving it in the near future.

*update* It does appear from their release notes for A18 that they intend to add proper push of localization in the future. The update reads:

"Support for localization from mods – not pushed from servers yet"

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

This is a tough thing you are asking for PandaTea. :( The game throws Null Reference errors if localization is used and the Modlet isn't installed locally on each player's game. I wanted this Modlet pack to specifically be supported ONLY through installing it on the game server.

Once the code stabilizes a bit and I have some confidence we've found any bugs present, I may go back through and duplicate the entire Modlet pack to support localization. But as it stands right now, I can't do this without also requiring everyone to install the pack on each player's machine too. :(

7DTD Doesn't support providing BOTH the non-key and the key (localization) configuration of quests and items. It's one or the other. :( This has been a long-standing "feature" of 7DTD. I am hopeful with their most recent localization release of 18.3 that they may be changing this and improving it in the near future.

*update* It does appear from their release notes for A18 that they intend to add proper push of localization in the future. The update reads:

"Support for localization from mods – not pushed from servers yet"

Fine,I`ll wait the good news.

Thx Again~

!! BUGFIX RELEASE !!

I'm sorry to say, I found another bug in the Deschain's questline that was preventing proper completion. In the loot list for the books that drop, one of the books was missing and never would drop for the player. This has been fixed in the 1.7d release. Please see the first post for the latest update.

• 3 weeks later...

@ShoudenKalferas I have made a few modifications to your pack to try and integrate it with my server. I changed the name of a few items and added an ELITE citizens questline that requires killing 1000 zombies and rewards an ELITE crossbow recipe under the modified Bambie's (I changed the name to Morggin's) bow. Please let me know if your interested in seeing the changes and will arrange to get my modified version of the 1.7c zip to you.

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

@ShoudenKalferas I have made a few modifications to your pack to try and integrate it with my server. I changed the name of a few items and added an ELITE citizens questline that requires killing 1000 zombies and rewards an ELITE crossbow recipe under the modified Bambie's (I changed the name to Morggin's) bow. Please let me know if your interested in seeing the changes and will arrange to get my modified version of the 1.7c zip to you.

Interesting changes, but your modified version was based on v1.7c and the last version released was 1.7d with a fixed bug that was in 1.7c. Did you address this problem in your modified version as well?

Interesting changes, but your modified version was based on v1.7c and the last version released was 1.7d with a fixed bug that was in 1.7c. Did you address this problem in your modified version as well?

• Changed Bambie's bow questline name to Morggin's
  • Changed Ivanka's questline name to Freya's
  • Added Elite citizen quest to kill 1000 zombies and awards a White River Elite Citizen card.
  • Added questline craftable through the White River Elite Citizen's card to grant an Elite crossbow under the Morggin's bow questline called the Terminator Crossbow
  • Replaced the DarkTower (Deschain's questline) with the provided updated 1.7d to fix the issues with it.
  • Core and other questlines are still 1.7c. as my version contains the Elite Citizens stuff.

I'm interested in the Elite quest line and the crossbow, and would be open to expanding on the other quest lines to provide more Elite quests. If you could please raise a merge request on the GIT repo, that would be most ideal and I'll pick and choose. I'm obviously not going to change the Bambi questline to name it after you, though. :) And Freya the goddess had nothing to do with digging, so not interested in changing that one either. But I would be open to changing it to something else if a better suggestion is sent my way. If you dont know how to raise a merge request on GIT, please PM me a zip file with your version of the mod pack. I'm also on the 7DTD official Discord server if you want to send it that way.

I'm interested in the Elite questline and the crossbow and would be open to expanding on the other questlines to provide more Elite quests. If you could please raise a merge request on the GIT repo, that would be most ideal and I'll pick and choose. I'm obviously not going to change the Bambi questline to name it after you, though. :) And Freya the goddess had nothing to do with digging, so not interested in changing that one either. But I would be open to changing it to something else if a better suggestion is sent my way. If you don't know how to raise a merge request on GIT, please PM me a zip file with your version of the mod pack. I'm also on the 7DTD official Discord server if you want to send it that way.

Freya would actually be more fitting for the bow. She is a bowman in Conan Exiles. But I understand. I just didn't like Bambi or Ivanka. My wife uses Freya for her Steam Handel so that's why I used it (and hindsight would suggest I should have used her's for the bow, to begin with). PM with the attached zip sent. Thank you for creating this project. I had a lot of fun adding the Elite stuff to it.

PS: I may end up renaming the Bow myself on my server to Freya's Bow and change the name of the pick to BlackBart's pick. Before he was infamous as a bandit, he and his brothers were miners in the California Gold Rush in 1849 and later in Idaho and Montana 1867 after he was an officer in the Civil War. After his time in Idaho and Montana, he had a falling out with the Wells Fargo Stagecoach company and started robbing them and leaving poetic messages. He robbed the Wells Fargo Stagecoach 28 times between 1875 and 1883.

I've labored long and hard for bread,

For honor, and for riches,

But on my corns too long you've tread,

You fine-haired sons of bitches.

Here I lay me down to sleep

To wait the coming morrow,

Perhaps success, perhaps defeat,

And everlasting sorrow.

Let come what will, I'll try it on,

My condition can't be worse;

And if there's money in that box

'Tis munny in my purse.

— Black Bart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bart_(outlaw)

PPS: For some reason, I could never get Everdeans arrows to work on the bow or crossbows. My server would never add them to the ammo pool for the bow or crossbow. I suspected it might have something to do with the extra punctuation in Morggin's and attempted to rename it to Morggins but that didn't work either. I figured it's best not to try to manually add them to the pool as it may break things down the line and it's more ... graceful to have them added the way you did it so I didn't make any further attempts at it.

I like your suggestion of BlackBart! I'll work to see if I can shift this modlet around (and provide backwards-compatibility on the rename) for the next release. Thanks for this and for sharing your additions. Your elite level addition has inspired me to add some new items to this modlet pack too. Work in progress. :) Thanks again

What do you think about a White River Legendary tier over Elite? Perhaps kill 100,000 zombies for the Legendary tier? To quote Richard Matheson in his book "I am Legend" Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend." As a reward be able to craft "Eurytus' Bow" "Achilles Spear" "Thor's Hammer (Mjölnir)" "Sword (machete) of Damocles"

What do you think about a White River Legendary tier over Elite? Perhaps kill 100,000 zombies for the Legendary tier? To quote Richard Matheson in his book "I am Legend" Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend." As a reward be able to craft "Eurytus' Bow" "Achilles Spear" "Thor's Hammer (Mjölnir)" "Sword (machete) of Damocles"

Are there players out there who have reached 100k kills? :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's wrong, but sometimes I get a bug that when I place the sealed crate with reward and try to destroy it, the cardboard box that shows up cannot be opened. I suspect this happens when I install a different mod which is incompatible with this one, but I can't figure out how to prevent this problem or how to fix it. :(

I've swapped Ivanka for Black Bart, with some poetic storyline. I've also added an Elite Citizenship card but did not apply it to all quests as it didn't make sense. I also added a new quest for Pavlichenko's rifle. I've got some other ideas planned for other quests to add.

I also hear they added the ability for the Localizations.txt to be automatically downloaded from the server. I have yet to test this, but if it works, would open the door for translation support. I'll test this soon and if it works, will begin the long work to update this modlet collection to this methodology. It would be rather complex to make this switch, but in the long run would allow more people to enjoy the modlet collection.

I'm still in the process of testing this A19_1.0 version on my server, but wanted to get this published for those other people who are interested in helping test. If you are interested in playing on a server with this already installed, please search for the server:

Server Name (Partial): SANITYS EDGE

Connection IP: 199.59.82.219:26900

As usual, please let me know if you find any bugs problems, or have any ideas to share!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @mr.devolver for passing word in. I've also noticed that the modset is broke with A19.1 and there is a bug with the elite citizens card quest where it loops over the number of zombies you've killed. I've got patches for these and a new quest or two in the works that I expect to be releasing this weekend. :) In addition, I've confirmed that Localization file DOES push properly from the server. This opens the door up for me to work through adding Descriptions for all the items and for non-English languages to be supported (once I convert everything to Localization). Stay tuned!

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Thanks @mr.devolver for passing word in. I've also noticed that the modset is broke with A19.1 and there is a bug with the elite citizens card quest where it loops over the number of zombies you've killed. I've got patches for these and a new quest or two in the works that I expect to be releasing this weekend. :) In addition, I've confirmed that Localization file DOES push properly from the server. This opens the door up for me to work through adding Descriptions for all the items and for non-English languages to be supported (once I convert everything to Localization). Stay tuned!

You're welcome! If you need any help with testing, debugging, let me know. I've been working on some quests of my own, so I had to learn a thing or two specifically for quests. :) I also like your projects, so maybe we could team up and make something together eventually, if you'd like. ;)

Running Alpha 19.  I've been getting a duplicate loot list id 144 error when just running the White River mods.  It looks like Jason's Machete is using it; I didn't see another one of the modlets using it, but 144 is specifically identified in the base loot.xml, so maybe that's why it's calling it a duplicate.

Also, when I crafted the Declaration of Citizenship, the trader it sent me to was 2.5 km away when I know for a fact there were at least two traders closer to me.  I also created the writ for the Bambi Bow and it sent me to that same trader.  Is it sending me to one specific trader intentional, or should it be sending me to the nearest one?

Thank you for making this and sharing it.

Edited by Lyssabet (see edit history)

@Lyssabet I will have a patch out tomorrow for the loot list issues. It looks like the base game added additional lootcontainers between A19 and A19.1 that interfere with the ids that this modset uses. I do have this patched already in my development version and am just wrapping up a couple last things before issuing a new release.

As far as the trader selection, this is controlled by the base game and outside the bounds of the mods themselves. My wife and I have run into this when we started a game and were apart with each of us being closer to a different trader. Then even after one of us ran to the other it was still trying to point one of us back to the initial closest trader to when we started the game. The best fix for this that we've seen is to drop the quest (Abandon the declaration quest), talk to the new closest trader, THEN craft the new declaration of citizenship. It should then send you to the proper closest trader. Sorry for the problem on this one, but there isn't anything I can do about this at the code level. The mod just says to send the player the "trader" and the game selects which trader.

Do check back for a patch release/fix to the lootcontainers tomorrow. Please be aware that multiple mods are affected by this problem (it's not just the one apparent one that throws an error).

Through testing today I've discovered that the game has changed the way the "Goto Trader" quest objective works, to cycle through all available traders. It never sends the player back to the closest trader and there doesn't appear to be an option to do so. If I leave this object off the quest and instead just use "InteractWithNPC" (Talk to Trader), then there is no compass marker to tell the player where to find their Trader, but then talking to any trader would work to complete the objective. The entire modset is coded right now with "Goto Trader" steps on each of the quests so that a friendly map marker is given to the player to tell them how to get back to the Trader. But due to these changes, I cannot leave the modset like this.. it would be sending players literally all over the map to visit every trader. To boot, once the player has visited every trader, the game does not repeat the cycle and instead says "Locate Trader: NO TRADER" leaving the player unable to complete the quest.

The best I can come up with, with the way the game is coded right now is to have the Declaration of Citizenship quest have a "Goto Trader" option which would send the player to each trader each time the player pursues becoming a citizen. The beginner quest ALSO does this, which would result in the player having to visit TWO different traders at the beginning of the game. Then after that, just trust that the player has one of the traders marked on their map to be able to return to.

It's a bit infuriating on this change. It wouldn't be so bad if they offered a flag in the code to bypass this cycling behavior, or properly marked on the compass where to find the trader to talk to.. but at the moment neither is an option. :(