Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

Nerf Them All: The Mod That Saved 7 Days To Die For Us

First let me clarify so I don’t sound judgmental; mods have introduced a plethora of ways to enjoy 7 Days and all of them are valid if you are having fun. This review is from the point of view of three particular people who were in the process of looking for a new game when Robeloto’s Nerf Them All Mod was found. We are still playing 7 Days because of it.

Secondly, if you enjoyed the version of the game where the ‘search for the garden hoe’ was much like the search for the holy grail, then this may be of particular interest to you.

Lastly, if you like the feeling of ‘we’re going to die’ and eventually you do, Cthulhu style, then that can be part of it too.

We do use a few other mods which I will mention, but Robeloto’s Nerf Them All is at the heart of it. We aren’t done exploring combinations of mods either, but this is where we’re at.

You need to use Nitrogen to get the full benefit. Heck use it even if you don’t use anything else from this. It’s awesome. I’ve found that 10240 maps that are light on cities and roads seem to perform the best. We put 0 traders on our maps.

The second thing we do is that we do not spec into Advanced Engineering or Grease Monkey. Our next game we’re not spec’ing into Master Chef or Physician either for extra cruelty. Robeloto is looking into a modification that would suppress unwanted spec lines, but it was more complex than met the eye. Removing the Advanced Engineering tree also removed the ability to create a workstation if/when you were lucky enough to find the schematic. But, we’re a group of friends who can agree not to, so we don’t.

This means you have to find every schematic (did I mention the search for the garden hoe?). The outright need to loot remains for a long, long time.

Food. Ya. The gardening nerf puts a whole new spin on things. A garden becomes an investment that hopefully you can build large enough, and live long enough, to see a return from. Plus, we don’t spec beyond level 1 in Master Chef so we need those recipes too. (As previously mentioned, I want to not even use Master Chef at all. Live off cans, charred meat, snow berries, and yucca until you loot those cookbooks).

This does a few things. Some skill lines that I think aren’t often used become quite important. Like  Living Off The Land since you can get three snow-berries at a time to stuff in your pie hole while you are running around trying to kill chickens and rabbits. Lucky Looter, definitely. Iron Gut to preserve the food, especially if you are burning calories trying to mine. Archery… bullets aren’t that easy to come by. Finding a level 6 blunderbuss actually is a good thing.

Red nights. We start the game with the Difficulty at 0, day timers walk, everything else sprints. After each red night we increment the difficulty in one of four ways. Difficulty, Number of Zeds per man at Red Night, AI Block Damage, and then day time Speed. When speed reaches Sprint, then night time gets bumped, then day, until everything eventually is moving at nightmare and doing a much damage to your precious hiding spot/base. You have to rethink red night defenses. Creating kill pits, being prepared to abandon ship for a back up defense location.

We run our own Linux server which gives us some extra freedom. I created a shell script (you could write it in powershell I bet, though) that will back up a player’s files then delete the original ttp and map file. So, perma-death is a thing we implemented. Currently we are allowing 2 deaths past level 5, then getting a free life every 25 levels. But, that was before the convenience of being able to trash a player via the terminal. Die, and you get wiped. Which also adds group consequences. Were you the Miner? The Chef? Someone who had those recipes the group was relying on to survive? Too bad you can’t replace those dart traps now!

As for other mods we use, it’s a matter of taste. We have one that increases (by a ton) the number of Zombies in the wilderness biome, and one that increases the wandering horde sizes. Those are from Jaxteller. The impact of those is that you fight A LOT thus you level quickly. Yay! But game stage also rises quickly. When you are running around like a fool trying not to starve and praying for a forge schematic, rising game stage makes red night more and more challenging. I have a single player game where I am level 40 and all I have is a cement mixer. I did find a usable workbench and chem station, but… no sign of a forge. I sense impending doom.

A few things I can think of that would make the survival experience more brutal than what we do;  no usable workstations anywhere in the world. You have to find the schematic. Since those seem to be relative to POI’s maybe that’s not possible. The second thing is larger swarms of dogs/vultures. I’ve seen up to 6, pretty scary, but not ‘poop my pants’ scary.

Somewhere you asked if there was perhaps a better name for the mod, if I named it I would call it something like 'Survivalist'. It has a ton of upside and room to get grittier for players who want a more brutal experience.

In conclusion. Thank you Robeloto. We look forward to our game night because of your work. I’ll try to keep offering feedback as we play.

Thanks for reading. Have an awesome day.

Peace,

Bouzouki 

Edited by Bouzouki (see edit history)

Hi

Im using version 2.7.1 and Im having a minor issue with the animalFly. Every time they spawn or attack me, I get this yellow error message:

Invalid layer index "1"

Is this something that have been fixed in later version, or is it something I have done wrong?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

23 hours ago, sneakpeak said:

It seems that "Loud sounds lowered" requires an update in items.xml.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:38 AM, xxx73 said:

Hi

Im using version 2.7.1 and Im having a minor issue with the animalFly. Every time they spawn or attack me, I get this yellow error message:

Invalid layer index "1"

Is this something that have been fixed in later version, or is it something I have done wrong?

Thanks guys! I will take a look into this. I am working on a bit bigger update so I will try to finish as fast as I can. Before weekend ends I hope.

About lower sound modlet and auger and chainsaw, Idle and just using them out in empty air, the sound is great now. But hitting things is same as before, and there is no difference between standing and crouching. Would be great to get hitting sounds reduced also, and also make hitting sounds lower when crouching.

Also Disassemble Traps modlet is a little unbalanced, I dismantle and get resources back, but sometimes I get resources and the trap back. So after dismantle I have more than I had when I just had a trap. This should be fixed so giving either resources back or the trap back, not both at the same time.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

I have updated my mod now with some fixes, such as Chroma skin, AnimalFly error fixed. New zombie added and also added 3 zombies from Snufkins mod. Read more at thread start.

4 hours ago, xxx73 said:

About lower sound modlet and auger and chainsaw, Idle and just using them out in empty air, the sound is great now. But hitting things is same as before, and there is no difference between standing and crouching. Would be great to get hitting sounds reduced also, and also make hitting sounds lower when crouching.

Also Disassemble Traps modlet is a little unbalanced, I dismantle and get resources back, but sometimes I get resources and the trap back. So after dismantle I have more than I had when I just had a trap. This should be fixed so giving either resources back or the trap back, not both at the same time.

Thanks. I will have to look into this and fix it.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

Sorry, I forgot to add the physicsbodies.xml file, so now I have added that. Download the mod again, otherwise Geist and Scarecrow won't work.

edit: LoudSoundsLowered and Disassemble Traps have been updated. When you disassemble traps you will not get resources anymore, but a 45% chance to get a full trap.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

On 10/12/2020 at 2:54 AM, Robeloto said:

Sorry, I forgot to add the physicsbodies.xml file, so now I have added that. Download the mod again, otherwise Geist and Scarecrow won't work.

edit: LoudSoundsLowered and Disassemble Traps have been updated. When you disassemble traps you will not get resources anymore, but a 45% chance to get a full trap.

You missed one line in LoudSoundsLowered (items.xml), trying to craft auger throws a lovely wall of red errors at this moment.

-

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAdvancedEngineering,meleeToolAugerSchematic" />

+

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="meleeToolPickT3AugerSchematic"/>

7 hours ago, sneakpeak said:

You missed one line in LoudSoundsLowered (items.xml), trying to craft auger throws a lovely wall of red errors at this moment.

-

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAdvancedEngineering,meleeToolAugerSchematic" />

+

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="meleeToolPickT3AugerSchematic"/>

Sorry, I completely missed that. Thank you for noticing this so fast! It is corrected now!

6 hours ago, Slawa said:

Please spend some love on your items, like steel boots of haste :)

As example, 1 resource (crafting) is to much, so players didnt see whats needed as 6nd material.

And the quality doenst work, it is permanently q1, if you craft it.

Thanks, I have removed one material(forged steel). I am going to update it soon as I am going to make the quality stages for MPA and BOH. Btw, I know noone asked for it, but here is the story why I added these items. It was for my sister who was a beginner and I wanted her to have a bit of advantage. So I made the BOH and MPA. First they were as dev tools, then I made it so you could craft them. First it wasn't supposed to go in with my Custom Zombies, but it did by mistake and I kept it that way. :DIt was supposed to have no quality or tier stage at all. I wanted no number on it actually, but I kept it like this. Seeing how others liked it and want it to have quality stage I am willing to implement it. ^^

42 minutes ago, NLinePrime said:

Hello, can I somehow disable the spawn of certain zombies? If you can please tell me what to do

If you look in alternate versions for custom zombies, you can see I have several versions of zombies removed. Check them out. I am going to make more versions. If there is a version that do not match your criteria. Write here or DM me which zombies you would like to see removed.

I have updated the mod. I will write soon at the first page what I have changed. And one BIG WARNING before you proceed installing and start to play. I have included a readme file that says the quests.xml file has been changed. I have also included a quests_old.xml file as backup of the old quest file. If you have a character that plays any quests from the old version. Do not proceed with installing the new quest file. Just keep the old or else your character will be reset when you start playing.

So it is recommended to start a new character on this version (2.73). If you are uncertain if your character have these quests active or not, please make a backup of your save. Cause I don't wanna be responsible for erasing your char. =(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

So i downloaded this mod and when I added into my mods folder, my console said that it had a problem with the physicalbodies.xml file (my guess is that it took the physicalbodies.xml from the modpack and some issue was in the file), due to this, all hitboxes including all mobs and my own were nonexistent. I apologize if this has already been discussed in an earlier post, but can someone help me out with this? Much thanks and love the mod

P.S (I removed the mod and the hitboxes were back to normal so i believe its from this mod)

Some other facts that may point out a problem, I have 2 other mods that contain new mobs, server side's customs and the eliteZombies mod. I may also end up adding the creature pack but i saw that they are compatible

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys and gals! Sorry I have been gone for so long. Real life issues....

I see that A19.2 stable is out, and I am gonna see what I may need to fix. I am in the middle of moving, so I just need a couple of days.

So in my next update this is changed for the custom zombies.

Changed Fireboss skin
Changed WhiteNoise skin and changed his name to Translucent
Added a new zed - RadRobot, fires a red beam
Removed WaterRaion / Replaced by HybridPanther
Reworked entitygroups

• 2 weeks later...

I'm testing mods in A19.2, and I've got Disassemble Traps installed. I'm only getting the regular XP and iron back from salvage, no whole traps. I started with a (Q6) impact wrench and got no intended results. So I thought maybe it literally had to be a manual (adjustable)wrench, and still no luck.

What's going wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome modlet, thanks!

I have noticed I can not sneak at all even with everything maxed out. I've gone through the files, not seeing anything that "I think" should be removed/changed to prevent the "no sneak" attacks. I am testing using pistol with silencer, crouched. Everything wakes up when I get near by 12 blocks or so. The sneaking works if I remove the modlet. Hope you have an answer/reason to change this. Sorry for the bother, thanks again for the modlet!

Tested with a19.3 stable and a19.4 exp

Edited by kokuojeiku (see edit history)