Save the mankind - pointless POI solution

zen37

So you got your base, nice shiny Q6 auger and sleeping on ton of dukes ... whats next? Saving mankind !

Traders would have new dialog option:Saving mankind. There you would give special items to recive certain amount of points witch you could spend here on uniqe rewards.So how do you get these special items?

-every POI can be turn on to start saving mankind quest

-mailboxes would turn on this mode (i know that mailbox at every POI looks wierd but its better then big yellow exlamation mark)

-quest would work just like clear the zombies quest but when you complete it special reward item is generated in final loot area

-POI becomes inactive for x amount of days after completion so you cant just do one POI over and over

So what kind of special items could be generated? Im thinking knowledge,art some really usefull items.Here are some examples:

Low level POI

Video game colection

Music -Country music collection,rock music collection,rap music collection etc

Books - Poetry,dictionaries,ficition novel collection,fantasy book collection etc

Art -paintings,statues,potery

World globes,world maps ... generally nothing to seriouse

Mid level POI

Serious science stuff - microscopes,telescopes,surgery tools

Science books - math book collection,physics book collection etc

Old m♥♥♥♥cripts,rare art,jewelery

Manuals - tank driving manual, plane flying manual etc

Highest level POI

enginner schematics - cat scanner schematics, cars chematics, plane schematics

Crucial knowledge - vacinne compediums, medical research books

rare materials - titanium , special alloys

Uniqe art

The higher level the POI the more points you get for the item. So what can you spend these points on:

-rare mods that cant be crafted

-schematics for furniture or decorative items ( still lots of items we cant craft so plenty to choose)

-old painting magazines with new textures

-(rare) books for furniture or decorative items ( same as schematic but permanent)

-(rare) powerfull rare weapon mods

-(consumables)lucky charms,bad luck items (significantly increase or decrease Game stage)

So you got your base, nice shiny Q6 auger and sleeping on ton of dukes ... whats next? Saving mankind !

Traders would have new dialog option:Saving mankind. There you would give special items to recive certain amount of points witch you could spend here on uniqe rewards.So how do you get these special items?

-every POI can be turn on to start saving mankind quest

Why save mankind? Trying to, but can't find a good reason.

Knowing how to build a car,cat scanner or fly a plane might be more then tresure hunt.Knowledge and art is cultural heritage.You can always make 2 ambasadors at traders

Survivals ambasador and Bandits ambasador.Bandits ambasador would ask for different kind of items like rare weapons ,gold crates, MRA rations etc

Yes, I know the value of art and knowledge, but in a zombie game, a quest titled "Saving Mankind" - in earnest - calls for an epic action, like the development of a cure, huge rescue parties or the renewal of civilization. The quest for pre-apocalypse paintings and books instantly comes off as eccentric.

I mean, it can be a fun quest, but it's a (literal) treasure hunt, after all. A fetch quest.

I like this idea somewhat. TFP have been teasing over the years about the development of a possible back story and potential story progression (completely optional most likely) that would explain what happened to lead to the apocalypse and possibly provide a path forward. Pretty much everything at this point is going to be purely speculation, but the addition of "boss" enemies in a small number POIs might be a step in that direction. Possibly adding certain things to the game that might be working toward a cure for existing survivors and possibly the salvation of our race. Again, purely speculation, but it would be interesting to see story related quests that progress some sort of narrative to give the game a depth beyond just surviving until you're practically invincible and starting a new game. The Dead is Dead feature that we've been teased with is interesting and might be able to add some of that missing depth, but until a lot of the bugs are worked out, that wouldn't be a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing what TFP evolve for future patches.

In general, I'm tossed on the idea of an end to the game. If they ever do add some kind of an end-game, I hope it is something big, and not just a sudden end after reaching some gamestage.

"Find a cure" should probably be worked in somehow. I wouldn't mind if once you reach some max gamestage and find a cure, you have to somehow clear the entire map. Sleeper volumes would be allowed one last spawning and the hordes continue until complete. The map could show a growing green zone as you progress in this final stage. Perhaps if you die in some area during this stage, a radius of green goes away.

Yes, I know the value of art and knowledge, but in a zombie game, a quest titled "Saving Mankind" - in earnest - calls for an epic action, like the development of a cure, huge rescue parties or the renewal of civilization. The quest for pre-apocalypse paintings and books instantly comes off as eccentric.

I mean, it can be a fun quest, but it's a (literal) treasure hunt, after all. A fetch quest.

Yes, it is basicly a fetch quest without jumping to trader and back. It gives you a lot of flexibillity when to do it and when you want to turn your "treasures" back. As for the epic part, maybe you are not the guy who invented the cure but some one have to go find missing microscope and hospital beds. A hundred mile journey starts with single step.

You could take this idea further. Have the "save mankind" reward items associated with a particular city. For example, have a player collect specific "save mankind" items, and when all (say 10?) are collected it unlocks a new feature for that city where as you kill off zombies and sleepers, they are perma dead. So end game would be a rebuilt, safe city, free of zombies.

In general, I'm tossed on the idea of an end to the game. If they ever do add some kind of an end-game, I hope it is something big, and not just a sudden end after reaching some gamestage.

"Find a cure" should probably be worked in somehow. I wouldn't mind if once you reach some max gamestage and find a cure, you have to somehow clear the entire map. Sleeper volumes would be allowed one last spawning and the hordes continue until complete. The map could show a growing green zone as you progress in this final stage. Perhaps if you die in some area during this stage, a radius of green goes away.

Since that would actually make a difference and also improve the world we

live in (in the game), i would like that.

As opposed to the endless quests that does nothing but fill our storage boxes.

You could take this idea further. Have the "save mankind" reward items associated with a particular city. For example, have a player collect specific "save mankind" items, and when all (say 10?) are collected it unlocks a new feature for that city where as you kill off zombies and sleepers, they are perma dead. So end game would be a rebuilt, safe city, free of zombies.

Now this sounds yummy, and wholesome both in theme and in gameplay.

A good save the world plot could be pulled from D.J. Molles "The Remaining" series. The player could be the guy for Arizona or discover the "Operation: Home Town" vault.

Lots of juicy ideas for TFP's! :)

Note: It would explain perfectly why anti-biotics work so well.

Since that would actually make a difference and also improve the world we

live in (in the game), i would like that.

As opposed to the endless quests that does nothing but fill our storage boxes.

I suppose then, people would have a choice as well. If they didn't want the game to end... they simply just do not clear the map.

Building on this thread of ideas you after completely a quest that kills all of the zombies from a town and it turns green "safe" zone on the map, humans could start appearing in that area and as you exterminate zips the green zone grows along with a resurgence of immigrants coming back from "off" map.

Then instead on blood moons every week it would instead of a surge of zombies into that green zone in an effort to reclaim it unless you hold them off and if they kill off the humans the map turns back to red.

I work on a row of prefabs

All the same Prefab finally but in different states.

So as soon as we can make such a quest it would be possible to upgrade this "Trader Hub" by quests.

Starting with a trader that offers a old beer, and finally a group of specialized traders (and most other stuff you can want)

Archived