A17 ist the best version of the game so far

Zemekis

I just wanted to say that A17 is the best version of the game so far. And I am not being sarcastic. I love the game. With over 1500 hours under my belt since A10 this finally feels like a challenge again. Usually I had the game rocking by day 21. Now I've died already 3 times by day 21. Which may not sound like much but to me it makes all the difference.

Thank you Funpimps for making 7D2D great again.

Well its a good game and overall A17 is a step forward.

But there are 2 things that are worse

* To many possibilitys are now locked behind perks, inclusive "normal" abilitys (World feel as if covered by glue is part of that)

* Learning by doing feeled far better than the current static Skillpoint system

But yes, i can ignore the second point and mod the first.

So with a bit modding i can support you

I just wanted to say that A17 is the best version of the game so far. And I am not being sarcastic. I love the game. With over 1500 hours under my belt since A10 this finally feels like a challenge again. Usually I had the game rocking by day 21. Now I've died already 3 times by day 21. Which may not sound like much but to me it makes all the difference.

Thank you Funpimps for making 7D2D great again.

Thank you for giving your opinion. I feel the same way, but I understand the frustration of other players (just sometimes I would appreciate they understand people who like this alpha and don't care about changes...). Just for information, did you die in new POI's ? They are the new "players' killers" for me now, and I love it :)

I played previous versions vanilla to get a feel for that version and then with a mod, and then with another mod, and another mod, whenever I reached the limits of said mod. I usually never went beyond day 100 as I had everything by then and the game only became repetitive. Now, I enter a POI and never know if I make it out alive. You might be doing great and the next second you are cornered by three ferals and a spider zombie and you are done for.

However, seeing the forum lately I don't get all the hate that is pouring down on TFP. If you have paid $20 for this game four years ago and played a 1000+ hours, I'd say you've gotten your money's worth out of it and then some. You can do a mic drop and walk away with a smile knowing that this game provided you plenty of fun.

Nevertheless, I do get that people are passionate about 7D2D, Still, this is no excuse for being rude. If you disapprove that is perfectly fine but do it in a civil and constructive manner. At least, that is my opinion. I know I am not going to change the internet.

But as Royal Deluxe said, if you don't like the game mod it or wait for a modder to do it for you. Chances are there are probably enough people dissatisfied with the game that there will be a mod to your liking somewhere. And the best part is, with A17 there should be enough new and great ways to mod the game. It has even come to the point where you can create a storyline with quests, something not (or hardly) possible in A16.

So, all in all, I think good things will come out of this and A17 is the best version TFP have put out so far. And because of all the hate I've seen I thought I'll provide my 2 cents as well.

I've played since A12.

A16 was much more challenging than A17, but most people do not know this because it had a serious balance problem that caused players to end A16 runs early. Basically, the gamestage did not increase fast enough, so the player was soon OP.

To elaborate....

1) In A16, max gamestage was 3000

2) We would typically max out our characters around day 100 (i.e. we had level 600 of almost everything)

3) On day 100, your gamestage was somewhere between 1500 to 1800.

At this point in time, the player will feel supremely OP and most players will declare the map "won" and start a new one. However the zombies were only at half strength. GS 1500 is nowherenear the endgame of 3000.

On the few occasions where we kep going well past day 150 and allowed GS to mount to 2000+, A16 horde night was AMAZING. Way more challenging than anything A17 ever threw at me. Horde was still coming past 6am the next day for example! Lost half a Steel fortress once, that had 4 to 5 tiers of passive defenses around it on all sides.

Most people wrote off A16's difficulty without ever getting anywhere near its endgame.

I've played since A12.

A16 was much more challenging than A17, but most people do not know this because it had a serious balance problem that caused players to end A16 runs early. Basically, the gamestage did not increase fast enough, so the player was soon OP.

.. So the gamestage did not increase fast enough, and the player was soon OP?

That's what I said. A16 was not challenging.

At that specific point it wasn't. I was getting at the fact that A16 became challenging all right if you kept with it.

Not only are A17 hordes weaker in general, but if you choose to exploit the AI, you can very easily set up the situation where your base takes ZERO damage on horde night. What challenge is there in A17 again?

A17 difficulty is fine for me

(and i dont count these Playerdisabling perks in this statment)

* At release i died often

* Later i played more carefull and died far less

* Now i can play Death is death on Default without problems

* There are many options you can adjust to adjust the difficulty

Only thing i really wish is that vultures can lift zombies next to you (since max falldamage of 33% maybe drop some zombie"bombs" ^^)

Archived