FarmLifeMod

stasis78

Update for everyone.

I finished up my work on dynamic food and water values along with dynamic economy. Still tweaking it but it’s in and basically done. Should add some nice polish to item values.

The tribute buffs for Joel and Roland breakfast now randomize the emotes properly. Long story behind that...

I’ve been adding lots of new content and reworking how spirits are brewed. Sorghum and the current malts will remain and be restricted to only beer. I have added barley and rye which will be strictly for brewing spirits. I will make sure that Scotch is using a proper mash list with this change ;)

All alcoholic drinks now have unique buffs. They share the same benefits based on their class (beer wine spirits mixed-drink) but have unique emotes and names.

New things I’ve added include

Strawberry

Banana

Pineapple

Coconut

Mint

Rye

Barley

Pina Colada

To name a few. I should have stable release out the first week of March and hopefully some new models along with it.

Till next time ;)

Update for everyone.

I finished up my work on dynamic food and water values along with dynamic economy. Still tweaking it but it’s in and basically done. Should add some nice polish to item values.

The tribute buffs for Joel and Roland breakfast now randomize the emotes properly. Long story behind that...

I’ve been adding lots of new content and reworking how spirits are brewed. Sorghum and the current malts will remain and be restricted to only beer. I have added barley and rye which will be strictly for brewing spirits. I will make sure that Scotch is using a proper mash list with this change ;)

All alcoholic drinks now have unique buffs. They share the same benefits based on their class (beer wine spirits mixed-drink) but have unique emotes and names.

New things I’ve added include

Strawberry

Banana

Pineapple

Coconut

Mint

Rye

Barley

Pina Colada

To name a few. I should have stable release out the first week of March and hopefully some new models along with it.

Till next time ;)

Does mayic has strawberry to lol. But looking great stasis

Update on drinking.

I've been reworking all the alcoholic drinks in the game and a lot has changed!

First Scotch has a proper mash bill now. I felt bad about shipping v1 with the state of Scotch but I think you'll love the changes I've made for v2. Scotch is a premium crafted drink now. It requires lots of ingredients but gives a very good buff now that I think offsets the ingredients. I've added a new lootable item called 'Air of Scotland' that will be required for Scotch. Crafting it will be expensive but it will give strength, perception, stun resist, AND stam regen. It will also last 4 times longer than other alcoholic drinks making it worth the time and energy spent farming mats for it. Its definitely a horde night buff you'll want if you are out running around with greens everywhere.

As I posted in my last updated, malts have been reworked. Crafting alcohol is now a more involved process. I've added Sugar Cane for Rum. There is now Malted Barley and Rye. I added Bourbon and Bulleeet Rye. There will be a new special beer I'm keeping under wraps till release but will be similar to Scotch but for beer drinkers. Brewing tools have been added and updated for the new system and I'm really happy with everything so far.

More next time!

Hey everyone

I want to introduce the new Chopping Board station, the latest addition to the kitchen. It takes 3 different tools; Damascas Knife, Zhang's Cleaver, and Pizza Cutter. These tools will be used for various recipes in v2, of which most won't be a surprise.

842347826_CuttingBoard.jpg.70d953bf8c69e907d7c9b1d278c13026.jpg

878139759_DamascusKnife.thumb.jpg.0b3d19c199ec81b22c07a485a8dbbc95.jpg

Hey all

Things are going great on v2 and wanted to give you an update.

V2 is a massive overhaul of things from v1. Most things that you craft are very different. Instead of ending up like a lot of other threads, I'm thinking of starting a new thread for v2. There are a couple of reasons.

First v1 is still gonna be around and folks may want it for dedi servers as it doesn't require any client installs. Second I'm no longer maintaining v1 and it is officially not support by me. I can answer questions but won't make any fixes or changes for it. All my effort is on the newer v2.

I'm shooting to have a public preview release on Saturday morning (CDT). This will be on a new FarmLifeV2 thread. It will be a view of things to come, I'm definitely 2-3 weeks out from a full on v2 release. However, if folks want to give feedback on the changes, I want to give them an opportunity. Current stats for v2 are

Recipes: 	341
Blocks:  	55
Items:   	394
Icons:   	298

Why is v2 taking so long? You said end of Feb.

A couple things have changed. First I am now doing basically all the icons for the game. Syn is focused on 3d stuff and real life. I have taken over doing all new icons, with few exceptions. Some are awesome, some of them suck really bad. I'm not an artist, yet ;) As such more than 50% of my time is devoted to making awesome icons so you don't have to stare at 50 variations of foodMeatStew everywhere.

Second I have added more stations and made things way more complicated to craft. This has made me revisit old recipes, etc. More new stuff means more changes to old stuff.

Anyway I am working hard to get this out ASAP, promise :kiss:

Quick update.

Empty buckets and buckets of water are necessary for a lot of Farm Life. You'll be happy to know I'm adding the following recipes to help make life a bit easier on the farm ;)

<recipe name="bucketEmpty" count="1" craft_area="workbench">
       <ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="50"/>
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="bucketRiverWater" count="1">
       <ingredient name="bucketEmpty" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="drinkJarRiverWater" count="15"/>
   </recipe>
   <recipe name="bucketRiverWater" count="1">
       <ingredient name="bucketEmpty" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="15"/>
   </recipe>

Started setting up a new repo for v2. Thought I would share something I've added to my mod. When new versions are release there will now be a markdown file containing all the recipes and their ingredients. The recipes are linked, so you can quickly find what is required for a recipes by just clicking links. Hope it helps!

Also contains a sneak peak at all the new things I've added so far. About half done ;)

https://github.com/stasis78/FarmLife2Mod/blob/master/Recipes.md

Archived