sphereii's DMT Mods

sphereii

https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha18.2

It may not have all the fancy updates, unfortunately.

What part of the game is lagging for her? Has she tried my Legacy Distant Terrain mod?

Thank you! Hmm she has not tried it I think.

When she opens inventory and chests, it lags and then it times out randomly 5-15 minutes :( So she cannot play 18.3 without problems. I thought the problem may be that she is using only windows 7, but I dunno. I asked her to record her playing 18.3 until it times out, so maybe someone could see what it may be. No errors in logs or anything. Sometimes its CTD and sometimes it only gets her to the main menu. When she plays 18.2 she has no problems whatsoever. It is so strange.

Thank you! Hmm she has not tried it I think.

When she opens inventory and chests, it lags and then it times out randomly 5-15 minutes :( So she cannot play 18.3 without problems. I thought the problem may be that she is using only windows 7, but I dunno. I asked her to record her playing 18.3 until it times out, so maybe someone could see what it may be. No errors in logs or anything. Sometimes its CTD and sometimes it only gets her to the main menu. When she plays 18.2 she has no problems whatsoever. It is so strange.

A log file may help. I had bad performance on my PC for awhile; then I realized Windows was using my IDE hard drive as a swap device, rather than using my SSD. I don't have a lot of RAM, so I tend to swap a fair amount. If it's lagging out after awhile, then it could be garbage collection.

If she uses the Mod Launcher, she could try sphereii-mental/Performance Mod and see if that helps her any. That just installs the Distant Terrain Mod, but she wouldn't have to use DMT herself to do the build; the mod launcher will do it for her.

A log file may help. I had bad performance on my PC for awhile; then I realized Windows was using my IDE hard drive as a swap device, rather than using my SSD. I don't have a lot of RAM, so I tend to swap a fair amount. If it's lagging out after awhile, then it could be garbage collection.

If she uses the Mod Launcher, she could try sphereii-mental/Performance Mod and see if that helps her any. That just installs the Distant Terrain Mod, but she wouldn't have to use DMT herself to do the build; the mod launcher will do it for her.

I really appreciate your help sphereii! I only saw one error in her logfile, but this happened about 10-15 times before she gave up. So I am not sure this is the error.

https://pastebin.com/98EM8Q0G

It was only for her, several others did not experience any problem. I made a clean install for her and just made a vanilla server without any mods. But the same problem happened again, just when I thought I fixed it.

I am going to install W10 and install 16gb more ram to her. She currently only have 8gb so I thought that could be a problem. I know her graphic card is out of date also, but she has not complained before 18.3. Still a bit confusing that 18.3 seems to run a bit slower for me too than 18.2.. Not much but, I really cannot understand why as there were not that big of a change.

Just tested A Better Life. The birds seems to spawn just fine and they look really nice! But sadly the fish never appeared in the water. Dunno what could be wrong? Sometimes when I had generated a new world, I could not use my mouse or reach the menus. Just console worked. This was the 18.2 version and the files just built fine in DMT.

Edit: I cannot understand why I haven't tested this out earlier. Your modifications is amazing! I have not tested everything yet, but so far I love it. Hope the problems I encountered can be solved.

<property name="DisableTraderProtection" value="true" />

<property name="MakeTraderVulnerable" value="true" />

<property name="EnhancedFeatures" value="true" />

<property name="DisableXPIconNotification" value="true" />

<property name="RandomSize" value="true" />

<property name="RandomWalk" value="true" />

<property name="FoodSpoilage" value="true" />

<property name="HeadshotOnly" value="true" />

<property name="AntiNerdPole" value="true" />

<property name="SoftHands" value="true" />

All of this is exactly what I want so it is a dream come true for me. Funny thing that I encountered one of my custom zombies. The huge anaconda but it was so tiny due to random size and it was hilarious! =)

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

I really appreciate your help sphereii! I only saw one error in her logfile, but this happened about 10-15 times before she gave up. So I am not sure this is the error.

https://pastebin.com/98EM8Q0G

It was only for her, several others did not experience any problem. I made a clean install for her and just made a vanilla server without any mods. But the same problem happened again, just when I thought I fixed it.

I am going to install W10 and install 16gb more ram to her. She currently only have 8gb so I thought that could be a problem. I know her graphic card is out of date also, but she has not complained before 18.3. Still a bit confusing that 18.3 seems to run a bit slower for me too than 18.2.. Not much but, I really cannot understand why as there were not that big of a change.

Just tested A Better Life. The birds seems to spawn just fine and they look really nice! But sadly the fish never appeared in the water. Dunno what could be wrong? Sometimes when I had generated a new world, I could not use my mouse or reach the menus. Just console worked. This was the 18.2 version and the files just built fine in DMT.

Edit: I cannot understand why I haven't tested this out earlier. Your modifications is amazing! I have not tested everything yet, but so far I love it. Hope the problems I encountered can be solved.

All of this is exactly what I want so it is a dream come true for me. Funny thing that I encountered one of my custom zombies. The huge anaconda but it was so tiny due to random size and it was hilarious! =)

The fish are spawned in via a underwater spawner. It's possible that the pool of water you found didn't generate it. I'm not sure if the edge of the world has them either. I'll re-tet them. I was testing them in navezgane.

Did you find that your snake was smaller after you went swimming searching for fish? I've heard that happens.

Edited by sphereii (see edit history)

The fish are spawned in via a underwater spawner. It's possible that the pool of water you found didn't generate it. I'm not sure if the edge of the world has them either. I'll re-tet them. I was testing them in navezgane.

Did you find that your snake was smaller after you went swimming searching for fish? I've heard that happens.

I have tried with Navezgane also. I cannot seem to get the fishes to spawn. Tried a clean install with the mods and built in dmt. No errors, but no fishes either. ☹️

Cannot remember if I swam before I met the anaconda. I cannot understand why the birds will spawn, but not the fishes. I can add them in manually though.

I have tried with Navezgane also. I cannot seem to get the fishes to spawn. Tried a clean install with the mods and built in dmt. No errors, but no fishes either. ☹️

Cannot remember if I swam before I met the anaconda. I cannot understand why the birds will spawn, but not the fishes. I can add them in manually though.

I increased the chance of the fish spawner; let me know if it works better, or if there's too much.

Also pushed a fix on MecanimSDX for server-attack animations, and made a potential fix for the re-scaling zombies.

I increased the chance of the fish spawner; let me know if it works better, or if there's too much.

Also pushed a fix on MecanimSDX for server-attack animations, and made a potential fix for the re-scaling zombies.

Sorry, but I cannot see a single one. Weird. =/ Does it matter if I use flying mode or not under the water?

Shouldn't matter but you may have to visit a new area or new world

The fish does indeed work. I moved them from the water group to the ZombiesAll group and then they appeared. The problem (atleast for me) seems to be to get them to spawn in the water.

The fish does indeed work. I moved them from the water group to the ZombiesAll group and then they appeared. The problem (atleast for me) seems to be to get them to spawn in the water.

I had changed the fish spawner to be birds nest. if you see any birds nest under water, I'd wait by one for a few moments to see if they spawn.

I had changed the fish spawner to be birds nest. if you see any birds nest under water, I'd wait by one for a few moments to see if they spawn.

Sorry, I haven't had the time to test this. But does this work for you? I mean, it is probably my PC or something if it works for everyone else. :)

Sorry, I haven't had the time to test this. But does this work for you? I mean, it is probably my PC or something if it works for everyone else. :)

It does work for me. I hope it works for everyone.

Adding them to zombieall would work, but you are probably generating a lot of dead fish in the world, as they try to spawn out of water.

It does work for me. I hope it works for everyone.

Adding them to zombieall would work, but you are probably generating a lot of dead fish in the world, as they try to spawn out of water.

I tried adding another water spawner under Biomes, but with the name underwater instead of just water, then I added underwater to spawning also. This resulted in lags, then I saw in listents it kept adding only fishstingrays, it was like thousands of stingrays in entities so I just quit. But they did indeed spawn in the water, but just too many. And why just stingrays? xD

I tried adding another water spawner under Biomes, but with the name underwater instead of just water, then I added underwater to spawning also. This resulted in lags, then I saw in listents it kept adding only fishstingrays, it was like thousands of stingrays in entities so I just quit. But they did indeed spawn in the water, but just too many. And why just stingrays? xD

The latest core should be targetting the underwater biome; if your version had water, then it seems like it was an older version.

The spawner in the latest core is set to about 0.01, I think. If you had a much higher probability count, it probably laid a lot of spawners. it draws from the entity groups AnimalSwiming. From what you've said, they spawned a lot, so the random number generator probably didn't get a chance to refresh and pick another fish type.

The latest core should be targetting the underwater biome; if your version had water, then it seems like it was an older version.

The spawner in the latest core is set to about 0.01, I think. If you had a much higher probability count, it probably laid a lot of spawners. it draws from the entity groups AnimalSwiming. From what you've said, they spawned a lot, so the random number generator probably didn't get a chance to refresh and pick another fish type.

I tested another thing. I removed the underwater in spawnings completely. I also removed fishstingray in the entitygroups. Even then the stingrays spawned like crazy. Just because I had another water spawner in biomes with the name underwater. Weird....

Edit: And yes, my version was a bit older, so I have updated now and testing again.

Edit2: Lol, it is working! Thank you so much! :D

edit 3: And the spawning.xml does not seem it is needed anymore. Btw, any thoughts of adding a crocodile or something that roam in the water or near the water? So getting fish isn't like a walk in the park. :) I remember Spiders True Survival had Crocs and I really liked them.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

I cannot seem to get any meat from the Birds or Fish. =/

Nor will you get sounds. That modlet has major issues. Im in the process of removing the bird over to creaturepacks, but the fish will remain in this mod, renamed or not.

Nor will you get sounds. That modlet has major issues. Im in the process of removing the bird over to creaturepacks, but the fish will remain in this mod, renamed or not.

It would be nice if you could let us know when the process is finished, so I could install A better life again just for the fish.

Still, feature such as this:

[video=youtube_share;362aLc_mWfc]

would be nice and that would be possible only with help of DMT. :(

That was one of my favorites that Morte and I developed. It was never finished sadly. Maybe someday. I will hopefully finish up the birds this weekend and see if I can clean up the better life files.

Yeah, there are many cool things in Starvation we all miss. When you think about it, it was such an advanced overhaul that all it really needed was more advanced NPC features and quests - that was probably the only lacking feature, at least for me.

Sure it didn't have fancy POIs, turrets, 4x4 and gyrocopter, but on the other hand, it had so much more content the base game still doesn't have to this day and just writing about its features makes me want to go back to Starvation right now. It probably had everything developers ever announced, but never delivered.

I sent Sphereii an edit to the Abetterlife modlet, removing the birds and unused files, and adding Harvest to the swimmers. Hopefully Sphereii will approve and push it so you can enjoy your fishfry.

Lol thanks! Now we just need a proper DMT fishing mod with all the fancy stuff like fishing rod, animations and basically everything we had in Starvation. :)