sphereii's DMT Mods

sphereii

33 minutes ago, ALT_Pain said:

How I do change the traders to be non protected I have ur mod installed but it's not working they are still protected

They are still protected by default, because everyone likes different settings. If you wish to change it, then you will have to look inside blocks.xml of this mod, there are these lines:

<property class="AdvancedPrefabFeatures" >
	<property name="Logging" value="false"/>
	<property name="DisableTraderProtection" value="false" />  <!-- Disables Trader Protection in their prefabs -->
</property>

There is a property called DisableTraderProtection with value false. You have to somehow change that "false" value to "true". You can do this directly in this mod (not recommended), or you can quickly craft your own mod that would change this value for you automatically. The advantage of the latter is that no matter how often 0-SphereIICore mod gets updated, it will be always updated correctly and you won't need to mess with those settings again every time new update may change them.

If you wish to do it the safe way through creating your own mod, create an empty folder inside your Mods folder. Call it something like TraderProtectionDisabled. Enter the folder and inside create a new xml file called ModInfo.xml with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml>
  <ModInfo>
    <Name value="TraderProtectionDisabled" />
    <Description value="Disables Trader Protection - Requires 0-SphereIICore." />
    <Author value="ALT_Pain" />
    <Version value="1.0" />
    <Website value="" />
  </ModInfo>
</xml>

Still in the same folder, create a new folder called Config. Go inside the Config folder and create a new xml file called blocks.xml with this content:

<configs>
	<!-- Disables trader protection -->
	<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedPrefabFeatures']/property[@name='DisableTraderProtection']/@value">true</set>
</configs>

That's pretty much all there is to it. Of course this relies on 0-SphereIICore mod, so you must first make sure you have that mod properly installed for this to work.

Enjoy!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, not sure if this is in the right place but, after installing 7 days (Stable) through the mod launcher ( I usually had played it directly through Steam, but wanted some Harmony/DMT features that come with 0-SphereIICore), and now starting a new game, and proceeding to the "Creating Player" stage, the console is spammed by the following:

FieldAccessException: Field `PlayerActionsLocal:InventoryActions' is inaccessible from method `SphereII_PlayerMoveController_Patch/SphereII_PlayerMoveControllerUpdate:Prefix (PlayerMoveController)'

at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.Update_Patch1(object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Of note, this doesn't happen when I use that specific "modlet" with Darkness Falls. So am I to understand that it doesn't work with the "Vanilla" game, or is something else the culprit?

Edit: Turns out it was the 10 slot tool belt. No idea why that would cause that error...

Edited by Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Hey all, not sure if this is in the right place but, after installing 7 days (Stable) through the mod launcher ( I usually had played it directly through Steam, but wanted some Harmony/DMT features that come with 0-SphereIICore), and now starting a new game, and proceeding to the "Creating Player" stage, the console is spammed by the following:

FieldAccessException: Field `PlayerActionsLocal:InventoryActions' is inaccessible from method `SphereII_PlayerMoveController_Patch/SphereII_PlayerMoveControllerUpdate:Prefix (PlayerMoveController)'

at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.Update_Patch1(object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Of note, this doesn't happen when I use that specific "modlet" with Darkness Falls. So am I to understand that it doesn't work with the "Vanilla" game, or is something else the culprit?

Edit: Turns out it was the 10 slot tool belt. No idea why that would cause that error...

Same happened to me. It's the pdb file that causes this problem. Not sure what's wrong with it, but I solved it by downloading a fresh copy of the mod and replacing the one in the Mods folder with this fresh copy.

3 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Same happened to me. It's the pdb file that causes this problem. Not sure what's wrong with it, but I solved it by downloading a fresh copy of the mod and replacing the one in the Mods folder with this fresh copy.

Ah good,  thank you, I'll give that a try.

4 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Ah good,  thank you, I'll give that a try.

You're welcome, just to be clear I meant the 10 Slot Toolbelt mod. Just replace the whole mod with a freshly downloaded copy and it should work again.

The problem is definitely in the pdb file as it's the only file that has changed over time. Sphereii was mentioned as one of the authors of the mod, so I asked him what's wrong with that mod. He checked it out but couldn't reproduce the issue. Then I informed him that the problem is probably in the pdb file, but he never replied to my message, so I kinda gave up on a chance for a better solution than just replacing the whole thing every time it may act up again.

3 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

You're welcome, just to be clear I meant the 10 Slot Toolbelt mod. Just replace the whole mod with a freshly downloaded copy and it should work again.

The problem is definitely in the pdb file as it's the only file that has changed over time. Sphereii was mentioned as one of the authors of the mod, so I asked him what's wrong with that mod. He checked it out but couldn't reproduce the issue. Then I informed him that the problem is probably in the pdb file, but he never replied to my message, so I kinda gave up on a chance for a better solution than just replacing the whole thing every time it may act up again.

Yes, I realized you meant the 10 slot, and I d/l a new copy from Git, but have yet to see if it's changed.

One other thing that may have been connected is, after the errors, I had to, of course, shut it down via task manager. Then upon restart, new world etc. I spawned in with nothing, no food, torch, or quests...but went with it anyways lol. Trying to locate a trader was a PITA.

OK well I no longer get spammed by that error, however...the 10 slot still isn't working.

I have the health bar from 0-SphereIICore working, so that's fine. Don't understand why the slot one isn't.

Tried only 10 slot as well with no luck..on a new d/l from steam install.

Unless I am missing something else I need for it in the mods folder.

1 hour ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

OK well I no longer get spammed by that error, however...the 10 slot still isn't working.

I have the health bar from 0-SphereIICore working, so that's fine. Don't understand why the slot one isn't.

Tried only 10 slot as well with no luck..on a new d/l from steam install.

Unless I am missing something else I need for it in the mods folder.

What was the location you downloaded 10 Slot Toolbelt from?

Try the one from this link. It's KhaineGB's official gitlab repository.

57 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

What was the location you downloaded 10 Slot Toolbelt from?

Try the one from this link. It's KhaineGB's official gitlab repository.

That's where I got it from, as the launcher will not d/l it at all.

Of note, when I throw the folder into my mods folder, and start the launcher, then hit play mod, since the modinfo.xml is missing, it creates another folder to stick it into. Thing is, the names don't match. One is "10 Slot Toolbelt" with the Modinfo.xml, and the other is "10SlotToolbelt".

So I fixed it through trial and error, by moving the Modinfo.xml from the newly created folder to the "10SlotToolbelt" folder, deleted the second, now empty folder, and renamed the remaining to "10 Slot Toolbelt"

So, all that remains is to see why "BackpackButtonsSDX" aren't showing in game...I may have to use War3zuk's mod.

Edit: The launcher does d/l it, except it only goes into the GitLabMods folder, which is where I snagged the "BackpackButtonsSDX" from.

Edited by Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

That's where I got it from, as the launcher will not d/l it at all.

Of note, when I throw the folder into my mods folder, and start the launcher, then hit play mod, since the modinfo.xml is missing, it creates another folder to stick it into. Thing is, the names don't match. One is "10 Slot Toolbelt" with the Modinfo.xml, and the other is "10SlotToolbelt".

So I fixed it through trial and error, by moving the Modinfo.xml from the newly created folder to the "10SlotToolbelt" folder, deleted the second, now empty folder, and renamed the remaining to "10 Slot Toolbelt"

So, all that remains is to see why "BackpackButtonsSDX" aren't showing in game...I may have to use War3zuk's mod.

Edit: The launcher does d/l it, except it only goes into the GitLabMods folder, which is where I snagged the "BackpackButtonsSDX" from.

BackpackButtonsSDX? You know SDX mods are no longer used, SDX was replaced with DMT, so if you're using a deprecated SDX mod, it might cause some issues, especially when combined with a more recent DMT mod like 10 Slot Toolbelt. Not saying this is what's happening in your case, but it's quite possible, I would check that out. I believe there's a new version of a mod which does the same as BackpackButtonsSDX, except it doesn't require SDX. The thing is that the backpack buttons are already there, just not visible and so the new version which is xml only is just making those buttons visible. You should try that newer version instead and see if it has any effect on your 10 Slot Toolbelt mod. It's from the same author as 10 Slot Toolbelt mod and I've been using both with no issues.

By the way, it is possible to have a custom folder name, you just have to make sure the mod name inside ModInfo.xml is the same as the name of the folder where it's located. Doing so also prevents Mod Launcher from creating empty mod folders with only ModInfo.xml in them.

20 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

BackpackButtonsSDX? You know SDX mods are no longer used, SDX was replaced with DMT, so if you're using a deprecated SDX mod, it might cause some issues, especially when combined with a more recent DMT mod like 10 Slot Toolbelt. Not saying this is what's happening in your case, but it's quite possible, I would check that out. I believe there's a new version of a mod which does the same as BackpackButtonsSDX, except it doesn't require SDX. The thing is that the backpack buttons are already there, just not visible and so the new version which is xml only is just making those buttons visible. You should try that newer version instead and see if it has any effect on your 10 Slot Toolbelt mod. It's from the same author as 10 Slot Toolbelt mod and I've been using both with no issues.

By the way, it is possible to have a custom folder name, you just have to make sure the mod name inside ModInfo.xml is the same as the name of the folder where it's located. Doing so also prevents Mod Launcher from creating empty mod folders with only ModInfo.xml in them.

Yes, I know of the SDX/DMT upgrade, however BackpackButtonsSDX was included with Khaine's d/l of "10 slot Toolbelt" deposited into the GitLabMods folder, so I assumed it was used in Darkness Falls.

That said, I  know War3zuk has a version included in a mod which I'll try.

38 minutes ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Yes, I know of the SDX/DMT upgrade, however BackpackButtonsSDX was included with Khaine's d/l of "10 slot Toolbelt" deposited into the GitLabMods folder, so I assumed it was used in Darkness Falls.

That said, I  know War3zuk has a version included in a mod which I'll try.

What I was trying to say is basically that BackpackButtonsSDX is not the mod I'm using and it's most likely the one KhaineGB mentioned as the one for Alpha 17, so I would be surprised if it worked without issues in Alpha 18...

Anyway, if you want to try the versions of these two mods that I'm using and that actually work, you can find them here:

10 Slot Toolbelt

Backpack Buttons

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sphereii said:

Heya,

D/L the a19exp, and moved the core, and distant terrain into my mods folder, however, upon launching the 7D2D launcher, and going to manage modlets, it shows them as A18.4 and A18.3 respectively.

Is something wrong, or is it supposed to state that?

Thanks sphereii for updating the core, legacy distain terrain and the whole package, they work fine, great job what you do, improve performance a lot.

5 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Heya,

D/L the a19exp, and moved the core, and distant terrain into my mods folder, however, upon launching the 7D2D launcher, and going to manage modlets, it shows them as A18.4 and A18.3 respectively.

Is something wrong, or is it supposed to state that?

Hi Pra3t0r 0f R0m3

When you compile the files with DMT, the program automatically copies them to the mods folder, it is not necessary that you copy them, you must create a folder outside (it can be on the desktop), there you must put the files that you are going to compile, at except for me so the program marks me, I use DMT 2.0.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks sphereii for updating the core, legacy distain terrain and the whole package, they work fine, great job what you do, improve performance a lot.

Hi Pra3t0r 0f R0m3

When you compile the files with DMT, the program automatically copies them to the mods folder, it is not necessary that you copy them, you must create a folder outside (it can be on the desktop), there you must put the files that you are going to compile, at except for me so the program marks me, I use DMT 2.0.

From what I understand, the 7D2D mod launcher handles the DMT on it's own, both through D/L and use.

Regardless, the mod versions are still in question.

2 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

From what I understand, the 7D2D mod launcher handles the DMT on it's own, both through D/L and use.

Regardless, the mod versions are still in question.

The Mod Launcher does not have a listing yet for A19. I'll see what I can do today to register them as a seperate profile.

1 hour ago, belowzeros said:

does the distant terrain modlet add a little cluster of three white circles on the terrain that disappear as you get close to them or did I do something wrong?

I am not sure what you mean, however, I wouldn't be surprised if there was strange visual artifacts with it.

11 hours ago, belowzeros said:

here you go sphereii

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2152953187

If you get almost on top of them they fade away. 

I actually just realized that the image is the little white flowers normally on the terrain.  It's just blown up and doing weird things until you get up right close.

Neat effect. The virus is either affecting the flowers or your vision. It's adapting!

I'm not even sure where to begin trying to work around that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the alpha19experimental branch:

Pushed a new update with some fixes and tweaks to the NPCs. I've also removed the SphereII Cave Project, and rolled it into the 0-SphereIICore. This is configured via the blocks.xml, and is disabled by default.

Here's a video of the Cave System:

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

Update to the alpha19experimental branch:

Pushed a new update with some fixes and tweaks to the NPCs. I've also removed the SphereII Cave Project, and rolled it into the 0-SphereIICore. This is configured via the blocks.xml, and is disabled by default.

Here's a video of the Cave System:

Thanks Sphereii

Simply wonderful, great work, what TFP should have done in a long time, accomplished by someone skilled, excellent work.

PD.  How do I enable the caves, I know it's in blocks.xml, but in what section.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Sphereii

Simply wonderful, great work, what TFP should have done in a long time, accomplished by someone skilled, excellent work.

PD.  How do I enable the caves, I know it's in blocks.xml, but in what section.

Look for 0-SphereIICore/Config/blocks.xml:  

<property name="CaveEnabled" value="false"/>

<property name="CaveType" value="Random" />
  <!-- Mountains, Random, All, DeepMountains -->

Random will spread them outrandomly, some with cave openings. If you just want to play around, you can change that to All, and every chunk will have a cave. You'll have to dig through to it, as there's no opening yet; but it should only be a few blocks below terrain.