sphereii's DMT Mods

sphereii

13 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I downloaded it from the main post, apparently it is not updated, check this new link that you put and there is everything about Cave.

I haven't released it as stable yet, since Alpha 18.4 is still stable, thus the experimental build.

can you enlighten me on how to implement those mods?
Im interested in your work, but I have no idea how to "install them".

I'm using the DMT tools that comes with ur download. I set the mod folder where ur mod is, nothing appears in the list of mods.
Any idea? :(
dmt1.png.90306301c5d531ae0c9816b756658f58.png

8 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

I'm using the DMT tools that comes with ur download. I set the mod folder where ur mod is, nothing appears in the list of mods.

https://github.com/HAL-NINE-THOUSAND/DMT/releases/download/v2.0/DMTv2.0.7486.30873.zip

Use that version of DMT. I'll remove the one in the package, as its out of date now.

ok, the mods are listed now  😎
I selected the core mod, clicked build, it said it couldn't find the assembly dll in the server_data folder. Are those mods for server side?

I download the server build of the game or just move my assembly to the expected folder?

edit: this one "F:\Jogos\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'"

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

Hi danielspoa

In Mod folder you select the folder where the unzipped sphereii mods are and in Game locations is where the main folder of the game is, and when you have it ready, press Save.
After executing the DMT.exe the sphereii mods should appear, select the ones you are going to install, although some have dependency on others, then just press build and voila.
Download the latest version of DMT 2.0, if you do the whole process with the sphereii launcher, the program itself takes care of the mods.

To use it on the server, I'm not sure what the process is, I can make it the same and you just have to copy Assembly-Csharp.dll, so that it detects it and can compile it.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

compiled using a dedi server build of a19. No errors. Copied to my server (rented server) the mod and the managed dlls, started it, a lot of exceptions.
verified files on the server and restarted it, fine. But joining the game gives me this
can u confirm which files I need to copy to the server?

sdxerror.png.865ac98687508822355f88b453817c33.png

EDIT: its giving the same error in any local game I try to play. Something with the local mod then

3 hours ago, danielspoa said:

compiled using a dedi server build of a19. No errors. Copied to my server (rented server) the mod and the managed dlls, started it, a lot of exceptions.
verified files on the server and restarted it, fine. But joining the game gives me this
can u confirm which files I need to copy to the server?

sdxerror.png.865ac98687508822355f88b453817c33.png

EDIT: its giving the same error in any local game I try to play. Something with the local mod then

You need the 0-SphereIICore on client as well as dedi. It needs both sides to work.

I can't compile with the client version of the assembly. I tried copying the dedi version of the mod to my client and this error pops up in any world I try to play (including a local navezgane)

I have to be doing something wrong, else I wouldn't be the only lost with issues 😛

edit: Oh, and about the server files, I can copy the result mod but I can't copy the managed dlls, when I do the server throws a bunch of exceptions

11 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

I can't compile with the client version of the assembly. I tried copying the dedi version of the mod to my client and this error pops up in any world I try to play (including a local navezgane)

I have to be doing something wrong, else I wouldn't be the only lost with issues 😛

edit: Oh, and about the server files, I can copy the result mod but I can't copy the managed dlls, when I do the server throws a bunch of exceptions

For the Client side, you can go into DMT's settings and add a new Game Locations to point to the client. You can build multiple targets, dedi and clients, at the same time.

The Dedi's Assembly-CSharp.dll is different than the client, so you can't just re-use the same DLL on both.

If you want to copy your pre-build client unto another PC, you'll need the follow files copied over:

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\0-Harmony.dll

Mods\*

Always try to match the same mods on the client and server. It's not always needed, but it can help sort out confusion.

thats where Im getting the error unfortunately :(

when I add the client location it fails that one, it still looks for a server assembly in the client location too.

"Nope: Não foi possível localizar uma parte do caminho 'F:\Jogos\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.

process exited with error code -11234"

It couldn't find the file. If I try both locations it compiles the server and then fails the client

EDIT: the client has that DLL in 7DaysToDie_Data. The other (server) data folder is empty

9 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

thats where Im getting the error unfortunately :(

when I add the client location it fails that one, it still looks for a server assembly in the client location too.

"Nope: Não foi possível localizar uma parte do caminho 'F:\Jogos\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.

process exited with error code -11234"

It couldn't find the file. If I try both locations it compiles the server and then fails the client

EDIT: the client has that DLL in 7DaysToDie_Data. The other (server) data folder is empty

In my steam folder, the client is called "7 Days To Die" and the ded is called "7 Days To Die Dedicated Server"

spacer.png

exactly, thats what I tried. It doesn't compile the normal one.

Im thinking about making a quick video of the process here so you can see where I messed up. I legit feel bad Im taking a lot of ur time and trying to solve this over multiple messages

this is following the client->server order. If I put the server first it compiles, then fails at the client (it seems to compile separately)

dmterror3.thumb.png.3ab86689187e3ef26d568343213b8d8a.png

28 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

exactly, thats what I tried. It doesn't compile the normal one.

Im thinking about making a quick video of the process here so you can see where I messed up. I legit feel bad Im taking a lot of ur time and trying to solve this over multiple messages

this is following the client->server order. If I put the server first it compiles, then fails at the client (it seems to compile separately)

dmterror3.thumb.png.3ab86689187e3ef26d568343213b8d8a.png

It looks like DMT is getting confused about which files are the dedicated files. 

DMT looks for either startdedicated.bat or 7DaysToDieServer.exe to determine if its a client. Does your "7 Days To Die" folder have either of those? 

13 minutes ago, sphereii said:

It looks like DMT is getting confused about which files are the dedicated files. 

DMT looks for either startdedicated.bat or 7DaysToDieServer.exe to determine if its a client. Does your "7 Days To Die" folder have either of those? 

ok, deleted it and then deleted the serverdata folder (was empty anyway). Now it detects as client and works.

so I have ur mod in both versions, do I need to copy the DLLs to the server with the mod?
because Im trying it right now

1 minute ago, danielspoa said:

ok, deleted it and then deleted the serverdata folder (was empty anyway). Now it detects as client and works.

so I have ur mod in both versions, do I need to copy the DLLs to the server with the mod?
because Im trying it right now

Yes. In my original post, I forgot that you need to copy the DMT.dll from the Managed folder.

9 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Yes. In my original post, I forgot that you need to copy the DMT.dll from the Managed folder.

ok. Copied the DLLs from the Dedi build:

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\DMT.dll

copied the mod from the dedi build.

but first I tried a local navezgane game in my client, zero issues once I created a new world! :D

on dedi its throwing exceptions, I have no idea if its on the mod or on the DMT compilation. I feel like its almost there, so close yet so far 😧

Harmony appears on the log right at the initilization of the server. It loads some stuff and then throws erros for multiple xml files from the config.
(most of the log is issues with compopack, ignore that :P)

Should I just post on the DMT thread? probable an issue with how I compile stuff?

output_log.txt

13 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

ok. Copied the DLLs from the Dedi build:

7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\DMT.dll

copied the mod from the dedi build.

but first I tried a local navezgane game in my client, zero issues once I created a new world! :D

on dedi its throwing exceptions, I have no idea if its on the mod or on the DMT compilation. I feel like its almost there, so close yet so far 😧

Harmony appears on the log right at the initilization of the server. It loads some stuff and then throws erros for multiple xml files from the config.
(most of the log is issues with compopack, ignore that :P)

Should I just post on the DMT thread? probable an issue with how I compile stuff?

output_log.txt 665.47 kB · 0 downloads

It looks like you uploaded the Client Assembly-CSharp.dll to the server. The server has its own unique DLL.

1 minute ago, sphereii said:

It looks like you uploaded the Client Assembly-CSharp.dll to the server. The server has its own unique DLL.

from here F:\Jogos\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed

I copied ur message from before, thats why its written with the normal path. I just meant the four dlls there :)

dmt03.png