Alpha 17 is a big win for PVP players

konrax

I've had a number of hours now playing on a few different PVP servers, and I have to admit that this version of the game is immensely fun in a PVP environment.

Well done fun pimps, I really hope you build on this PVP gem here and really try to take it to the next level because there are no other games that really have this level of awesomeness.

Character progression, weapon mods, searching, looting, raiding, building, ambushing, setting traps, exploring, hostile encounters, unexpected friends, and so much more.

As a hardcore PVP junkie in many many many games over the years, not many of them can scratch that itch, and 7 Days is like finding that new back scratcher made out of pure gold that I bought for $10 years ago I forgot about.

The only constructive criticisms I have, which I am sure are already being worked on, are 7 day horde nights on large population servers, and desync being a problem (mostly the servers fault) so some optimizations (which will come) would be welcomed immensely. Another one is the lights from helmets always being on if worn can be a bit of an annoyance, and I think some more balancing needs to be done for weapon mods and armour mods in how they act overall.

For weapon mods it seems that every single piece added onto it adds to the base damage of the weapon, even if it doesn't add a damage modifier itself, this should be removed completely so that all guns keep the same damage and ONLY receive damage modifiers from skills and specific upgrades.

Anyways great job, would say this is a fantastic start and I can't wait to get back into my game and search for more mischief.

EDIT: Please also making killing players worth a lot more exp, with a formula based on their level, their gear quality + mods, how long they have been alive, how many people they have killed since their last death. Also please make it that they are worth 0 exp to you if you have been allied or grouped with them in the last 48 hours.

I'm currently level 60 on Ragnarok PVP server, I've done a few runs now on their at lower levels as wipes every other day have been the norm for the last few weeks as experimental releases happen.

I do a blend of strategies, I have a hidden base that I have loot stashed in, with no land claim, in a very difficult to guess inconspicuous spot. I also have a POI I turned into a base with a landclaim to act as my main outpost for raiding, and to fallback to if encounters get rough and I need to fight for an extended period of time.

I would say my style currently is more defensive, I don't try looking for fights often, that's mainly because I am still working on my gear supply, but now I have enough random gear that I can wear as a B set to go hunting for players with. I do always kill on sight when I see someone, 2 weeks ago I managed to upset a group of high levels players when I killed one with a rocket launcher and took his stuff after he repeatedly killed me outside of my outpost. Nearly managed to hide everything in a secret vault in my POI base but alas they destroyed my land claim before I could complete it. There was at least 5 level 100+ players attacking me, I was level 23 at the time, with my level 10 friend. We fought for roughly 3 hours before they finally took over my base. We also marked on the map to all where the fighting was and I counted at least 4 major fire fights that happened outside of my base as well while we were doing our best to hold it all together.

Anyways it was a lot of fun.

It's fun until you run into someone using full steel armor, maxed out perk, and they have LUDICROUS damage reduction. I honestly thought this was going to be addressed, but I guess having people walk through rockets while laughing was the intention.

They need some balancing for sure but overall this is a very fun pvp game.

To be fair, it's something a server admin could balance in a few minutes, I just don't think anyone has thought to do that yet.

this :p balancing any game for both pvp and pve is super hard. I don't think they've even started with pvp balance since things are changing so much. Server admin could go in and make rockets do much more damage, or make armor less effective? but then theyd have to make zombies hit less to balance it out *shrug*

I've had a number of hours now playing on a few different PVP servers, and I have to admit that this version of the game is immensely fun in a PVP environment.

Well done fun pimps, I really hope you build on this PVP gem here and really try to take it to the next level because there are no other games that really have this level of awesomeness.

Character progression, weapon mods, searching, looting, raiding, building, ambushing, setting traps, exploring, hostile encounters, unexpected friends, and so much more.

As a hardcore PVP junkie in many many many games over the years, not many of them can scratch that itch, and 7 Days is like finding that new back scratcher made out of pure gold that I bought for $10 years ago I forgot about.

The only constructive criticisms I have, which I am sure are already being worked on, are 7 day horde nights on large population servers, and desync being a problem (mostly the servers fault) so some optimizations (which will come) would be welcomed immensely. Another one is the lights from helmets always being on if worn can be a bit of an annoyance, and I think some more balancing needs to be done for weapon mods and armour mods in how they act overall.

For weapon mods it seems that every single piece added onto it adds to the base damage of the weapon, even if it doesn't add a damage modifier itself, this should be removed completely so that all guns keep the same damage and ONLY receive damage modifiers from skills and specific upgrades.

Anyways great job, would say this is a fantastic start and I can't wait to get back into my game and search for more mischief.

EDIT: Please also making killing players worth a lot more exp, with a formula based on their level, their gear quality + mods, how long they have been alive, how many people they have killed since their last death. Also please make it that they are worth 0 exp to you if you have been allied or grouped with them in the last 48 hours.

Early game PVP is fun, late game PVP isn't. its worse than A16.4, also only having 1 land claim block shifts heavily in favor of raiders now because it limits base building. That alone has destroyed PVP because you can't build underground due to digging zeds (It will give away you have a base there) and you can't build an elaborate base with only 1 claim which means everyone is forced to building a tower base.

So no Alpha 17 is anything but a win for PVP players. Far from it. Its the worse instance of PVP in the history of the game.

I was decked out in full miltary/steel/mods and players couldn't hurt me and kept complaining that I had to be cheating or god moding, you know the game is broken when you're playing legit and players accuse you of cheating.

And these tiny bases players are forced to make are just too damn easy to raid. I'm used to raiding castles, bunkers, fortresses... these tiny little huts aren't even worth my time.

We need multi-LCB make for multiplayer.

Early game PVP is fun, late game PVP isn't. its worse than A16.4, also only having 1 land claim block shifts heavily in favor of raiders now because it limits base building. That alone has destroyed PVP because you can't build underground due to digging zeds (It will give away you have a base there) and you can't build an elaborate base with only 1 claim which means everyone is forced to building a tower base.

So no Alpha 17 is anything but a win for PVP players. Far from it. Its the worse instance of PVP in the history of the game.

I was decked out in full miltary/steel/mods and players couldn't hurt me and kept complaining that I had to be cheating or god moding, you know the game is broken when you're playing legit and players accuse you of cheating.

And these tiny bases players are forced to make are just too damn easy to raid. I'm used to raiding castles, bunkers, fortresses... these tiny little huts aren't even worth my time.

We need multi-LCB make for multiplayer.

I play on the Ragnarok PVP server and they modded it that you can have up to 5 land claim blocks...

Anyways I think this is a great edition and I am really enjoying it. They could use a few updates and fine tuning to make it a bit better for pvp players, one I noticed last night that I would like to point out is the lack of walking sounds for zombies and players... very frustrating having someone sneak up on you in the snow and not hear them at all... in real life you would easily hear them.

NAPVP for those on the continent stays near the 50 player cap at most times throughout the day with mostly. Vanilla settings.new players always welcome. Also a simple search for pvp in server list will show a lot of servers so I'm not sure what the problem is there. Back on topic, land claims are a huge issue right now for all the reasons stated, if u cant kill a high level player, headshots with perks can one shot most ppl. Aiming down iron sights is an issue for me atm due to the spread mechanic being used rather than a recoil system. Reinforced concrete nerf is a mistake IMO and should at least downgrade into something. High pop servers are having huge issues with zombie spawns due to desync and the fact that zombies won't reset to sleepers when players leave an area which makes leveling a huge issue due to the imbalance of XP on this build. I could go on but mostly the pimps should work on the fabled "PVP update" for the next alpha as the pvp scene is hemorrhaging players at the moment and new players won't stay due to exploits and bugs that I won't mention here.

O.O Shocked face!! That can't be! The PvPers here on the forum keep telling us that the large majority of the playerbase is PvP!

Oh, that's right. They're ALL boycotting........................smh.

The PVP'ers have moved on to other games actually. The large majority of your players were PVP, and they always will be, but so long as the game focuses too intently on PVE and single player your pvpers will play the other games, the moment TFP shifts back into PVP and balancing it to be a better experience to make playing online more viable for extended seed play then you will understand how much PVP outnumbers PVE.

I play on the Ragnarok PVP server and they modded it that you can have up to 5 land claim blocks...

Anyways I think this is a great edition and I am really enjoying it. They could use a few updates and fine tuning to make it a bit better for pvp players, one I noticed last night that I would like to point out is the lack of walking sounds for zombies and players... very frustrating having someone sneak up on you in the snow and not hear them at all... in real life you would easily hear them.

We need/want unlimited land claim blocks, Why limit what the players can do inside their own land claim zone while others can do anything they want outside of it to get inside, has no one realized that you can build up outside another players base to grief the ever living crap out of them without claiming it? Thats why its a common practice to dig landclaims into the ground around the base perimeter to prevent things like nerd poling and mini bike ramping into your base.

The PVP'ers have moved on to other games actually. The large majority of your players were PVP, and they always will be, but so long as the game focuses too intently on PVE and single player your pvpers will play the other games, the moment TFP shifts back into PVP and balancing it to be a better experience to make playing online more viable for extended seed play then you will understand how much PVP outnumbers PVE.

It has been stated many times for as long as I can remember from TFP that the game is being built behind single/small group. Not saying they don't try to make things happen for pvp but it isn't the focus point. Most likely when it is said and done you will need to mod it to make it more pvp. Not saying once they are finished that they may or may not have a different option menu for pvp play. I haven't seen anything that shows they will do it but it could happen though. Unless I'm unaware of a change of thought process from TFP it will not be a game designed around pvp.

It has been stated many times for as long as I can remember from TFP that the game is being built behind single/small group. Not saying they don't try to make things happen for pvp but it isn't the focus point. Most likely when it is said and done you will need to mod it to make it more pvp. Not saying once they are finished that they may or may not have a different option menu for pvp play. I haven't seen anything that shows they will do it but it could happen though. Unless I'm unaware of a change of thought process from TFP it will not be a game designed around pvp.

That's a real shame because from the very start I saw this as a great PVP game just because of how it was designed to begin with.

TFP has a real gem here for PVP addicts like myself and I think they should build on that if anything, even if it wasn't their original plan.

That's a real shame because from the very start I saw this as a great PVP game just because of how it was designed to begin with.

TFP has a real gem here for PVP addicts like myself and I think they should build on that if anything, even if it wasn't their original plan.

They will be plenty of mods to pick from at some point to download off of if one doesn't want to do themselves. So you will still have a game with pvp. Nothing wrong at all with mods or modding yourself for the game play one wishes for.

I am VERY..VERY...VERY TIRED of hearing this rhetoric! Its everyone's Go to god damn answer anytime anything for/related to PVP is mentioned.

Stop bringing it up, WE KNOW. Its been heard to death and I feel like people simply pop up into existence now just to feel like they commented on something.

My point was that This while being a PVE game, has amazing PVP potential and back in Alpha 10 - 15 PVP was very fun.

My point is that the PVE community is using confirmation bias because there are more PVE players on this forums, players are using PVE bias because its all anyone talks about on here, know why? Because all the real PVPers have moved onto PVP games, however, they do exist, and they still exist, and many of them purchased a copy of this game and either refunded it because no PVP love or quit in hopes that one day PVP will obtain some attention but every proceeding patch just destroys pvp/multiplayer more.

You know why? Because I have to purchase other games just to play with the same friends that I used to play with on this one. That sucks.

and I don't want to buy 75% of them because they don't have crafting or environment manipulation to the extent that 7d2d has.

I am VERY..VERY...VERY TIRED of hearing this rhetoric! Its everyone's Go to god damn answer anytime anything for/related to PVP is mentioned.

Stop bringing it up, WE KNOW. Its been heard to death and I feel like people simply pop up into existence now just to feel like they commented on something.

My point was that This while being a PVE game, has amazing PVP potential and back in Alpha 10 - 15 PVP was very fun.

My point is that the PVE community is using confirmation bias because there are more PVE players on this forums, players are using PVE bias because its all anyone talks about on here, know why? Because all the real PVPers have moved onto PVP games, however, they do exist, and they still exist, and many of them purchased a copy of this game and either refunded it because no PVP love or quit in hopes that one day PVP will obtain some attention but every proceeding patch just destroys pvp/multiplayer more.

You know why? Because I have to purchase other games just to play with the same friends that I used to play with on this one. That sucks.

and I don't want to buy 75% of them because they don't have crafting or environment manipulation to the extent that 7d2d has.

Dude take a chill pill. Sorry you feel that way but no it will not stop being brought up so not what to tell you besides ignore it if you don't like it. Until TFP come out and say oh we changed our minds and now designing the game around pvp then the point stands like it or not. As it has been said over and over again just because they are not designing it around pvp doesn't mean they don't try to do what they can when they can for pvp. As it has also been said over and over again mods will be available to further advance the play style for pvp. Also again and again they make the game easily mod friendly so one can mod what they wish if one does not want to download a mod. But it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't designed around pvp so you are not going to stop seeing that. So suggest looking the other way. But no reason to come across that way sorry it bothers you this much.

If that's true and most of the PvPers have left and Steam playing numbers are still this high? Good Riddance PvPers. Now that you've all left we won't have to hear the constant begging for attention to PvP balance that TFP has said often will come at the end of the dev process.

Dude take a chill pill. Sorry you feel that way but no it will not stop being brought up so not what to tell you besides ignore it if you don't like it. Until TFP come out and say oh we changed our minds and now designing the game around pvp then the point stands like it or not. As it has been said over and over again just because they are not designing it around pvp doesn't mean they don't try to do what they can when they can for pvp. As it has also been said over and over again mods will be available to further advance the play style for pvp. Also again and again they make the game easily mod friendly so one can mod what they wish if one does not want to download a mod. But it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't designed around pvp so you are not going to stop seeing that. So suggest looking the other way. But no reason to come across that way sorry it bothers you this much.

Don't patronize me thanks. The "Mod it" answer is getting annoying to read also. Not because you said it, but because everyone says it assuming I don't know. after the first 200 times I've read that answer.

I am and PVPers are very much aware of it, just because we bring an issue to light and the answer we get is "Fk you no one cares about pvp" is usually the treatment we get, its very tiresome to constantly read that when a small fix can literally save the state of pvp/mutli till they set in motion full pvp wheels. You guys have been seriously spoiled with all this PVE crap, when anyone mentions pvp everyone preaches this like we're low life scum or something, or not human beings wanting to enjoy a game we purchase every update you get something more and we lose extra.

If that's true and most of the PvPers have left and Steam playing numbers are still this high? Good Riddance PvPers. Now that you've all left we won't have to hear the constant begging for attention to PvP balance that TFP has said often will come at the end of the dev process.

Genjutsu of this level does not work on me.

Archived