Alpha 17 is a big win for PVP players

konrax

Don't patronize me thanks. The "Mod it" answer is getting annoying to read also. Not because you said it, but because everyone says it assuming I don't know. after the first 200 times I've read that answer.

I am and PVPers are very much aware of it, just because we bring an issue to light and the answer we get is "Fk you no one cares about pvp" is usually the treatment we get, its very tiresome to constantly read that when a small fix can literally save the state of pvp/mutli till they set in motion full pvp wheels. You guys have been seriously spoiled with all this PVE crap, when anyone mentions pvp everyone preaches this like we're low life scum or something, or not human beings wanting to enjoy a game we purchase every update you get something more and we lose extra.

Genjutsu of this level does not work on me.

But yet you are the one getting so upset.

Anyway, I don't recall ever saying I have issues with pvp players. So please point out where I said this. Assuming things about people well I'm not going to get into that. I don't mind pvp at all and often enjoy it.

Again you are tired of hearing about the things that are true. TFP made the game mod friendly nothing is wrong with that at all. Why is modding something looked at as a bad thing? They are not going to be able to please everyone so thankfully it is mod friendly.

I'm glad the OP has found the game as it stands at the moment enjoyable in the pvp state. But for those that still don't and tired of hearing it or not this game is not designed around pvp so not sure what is hard to understand about that. It isn't like they completely toss out pvp playstyle. It isn't like they don't do what they can when they can.

This game is not designed around pvp if what they have set up and will keep working on doesn't fit your likes based on that and if modding is not the answer for you to create a more pvp style that you prefer then all I can say is maybe just maybe this game isn't for you.

Take it or leave that is up to you. I can see already we will agree to disagree so no point in repeating the same stuff over and over again. Have a good one and hope you will start to enjoy whatever you end up doing and not let little things upset you so much.

I used to be a huge PvP player, but since introducing rediculous damage reduction numbers via armor, the PvP has become a *who has less of a life* contest. I still don't understand why damage reduction is so high even after all this time. Honestly, please, someone tell me of another game that allows you to achieve 95% damage reduction. Please. It's so ridiculous it makes my head hurt.

I used to be a huge PvP player, but since introducing rediculous damage reduction numbers via armor, the PvP has become a *who has less of a life* contest. I still don't understand why damage reduction is so high even after all this time. Honestly, please, someone tell me of another game that allows you to achieve 95% damage reduction. Please. It's so ridiculous it makes my head hurt.

Balancing and tweaking the perks are clearly something they have to work on still. I think you need to take it with a grain of salt at the moment since this is not only an alpha build... it's an experimental alpha build. As we have also seen as well TFP are willing to listen to feedback and make adjustments.

Otherwise if you look past the rough edges the game is a lot of fun in regards to the PVP still.

But yet you are the one getting so upset.

Anyway, I don't recall ever saying I have issues with pvp players. So please point out where I said this. Assuming things about people well I'm not going to get into that. I don't mind pvp at all and often enjoy it.

Again you are tired of hearing about the things that are true. TFP made the game mod friendly nothing is wrong with that at all. Why is modding something looked at as a bad thing? They are not going to be able to please everyone so thankfully it is mod friendly.

I'm glad the OP has found the game as it stands at the moment enjoyable in the pvp state. But for those that still don't and tired of hearing it or not this game is not designed around pvp so not sure what is hard to understand about that. It isn't like they completely toss out pvp playstyle. It isn't like they don't do what they can when they can.

This game is not designed around pvp if what they have set up and will keep working on doesn't fit your likes based on that and if modding is not the answer for you to create a more pvp style that you prefer then all I can say is maybe just maybe this game isn't for you.

Take it or leave that is up to you. I can see already we will agree to disagree so no point in repeating the same stuff over and over again. Have a good one and hope you will start to enjoy whatever you end up doing and not let little things upset you so much.

There is a difference between "upset" and just plain annoyed. I'm not demanding changes just stating some facts and it would be nice if I wasn't treated differently just because my opinion differs between this dichotomy of "PVE vs PVP" since many of you are brainwashed into believing that you must bash on the players that enjoy PVP and just because the game is not "intended designed for PVP" with a few simple "hot fixes" the state of pvp could be enjoyable once again, yea, we can mod it but how many servers do I have to search for before I find one that gets it right? I don't have the time to host my own server.

They're all going to be different and that inconsistency is like looking for that one pear among the apples in the super market, its likely one got mixed up but you probably won't find it.

Lets put it this way.

PVE is dinner and PVP is lunch.

If you're a restaurant which do you serve?

Dinner because it has more customers? No, Lunch has just as many if not more customers if you're in the right location and serve the right type of food.

7 days has a very intricate combination of game elements and mechanics that easily mold PVE and PVP together, yet everyone insists the only thing that matters is Dinner (PVE), and many of us are hungry at lunch time, but we already paid and don't get served and if we want to get served we have to come back at dinner time.

Be a little more considerate and less condescending when you're responding to us that enjoy PVP, we are players/customers and more importantly human beings too, and we really don't ask for much and what we do ask for may not even really change your experience at all, so is it fair for my favorite aspect to suffer while you're enjoying your experience? I have played this game for over 5 years, and have purchased multiple copies for many friends (5 copies exactly) and now of those 5 copies, only 1 is being used, mine because the state of PVP is actually so bad they stopped playing.

What am I supposed to just go purchase and play another game till they put some love into PVP? Thats not how it works, and if it is, that's very bad customer service.

Stop with this dichotomy, PVPers are not your enemy we simply want to enjoy the damn game too and back when most of us purchased it, it was very fun for PVP, its just not fun now, we have a right to voice our opinions without being ostracized.

Does that make sense to you?

There is a difference between "upset" and just plain annoyed. I'm not demanding changes just stating some facts and it would be nice if I wasn't treated differently just because my opinion differs between this dichotomy of "PVE vs PVP" since many of you are brainwashed into believing that you must bash on the players that enjoy PVP.

To add to that point, I stated specifically that this game is a "PVP gem", meaning that it's actually a really fun PVP game right out of the box, something I don't think was done intentionally, but happened anyways.

I think it would be foolish for TFP to ignore this very large group of players, especially when they have made such an appealing product for them nearly by accident.

As for the PVP vs PVE nonsense that people get hung up about, you can have both strong pve and strong pvp in a single game, it isn't easy, but it can be done. The mentality issues come from everyone making assumptions about either group, and yes the bad apples will exist in both.

Cheers!

To add to that point, I stated specifically that this game is a "PVP gem", meaning that it's actually a really fun PVP game right out of the box, something I don't think was done intentionally, but happened anyways.

I think it would be foolish for TFP to ignore this very large group of players, especially when they have made such an appealing product for them nearly by accident.

As for the PVP vs PVE nonsense that people get hung up about, you can have both strong pve and strong pvp in a single game, it isn't easy, but it can be done. The mentality issues come from everyone making assumptions about either group, and yes the bad apples will exist in both.

Cheers!

Cheers, and I mean hey, at least im not "Demanding" and "entitling" myself that steel be available at a lower level just because I want to craft a motorcycle sooner.

I just have a voice and an opinion, it deserves to be heard but this is how these forums work

PVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEpvpneeds some help please..PVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVEPVE

It isn't that we are outnumbered, its just that many just gave up trying to have a voice since its a headache to try and bother. Thus they went to play other games.

you have how many topics all pertaining to PVE balance/whining/crying/bitching and how many do you actually see for PVP? Its like 1 or 2 posts in a sea of hundreds.

(...)

It isn't that we are outnumbered, its just that many just gave up trying to have a voice since its a headache to try and bother. Thus they went to play other games.

Looks like the PvEers are better at forum-PvP, gotta up your game, n00bz! ;]

Jokes aside, I share konrax' opinion, that it's a redundant dichotomy, specifically in 7dtd. It's one of very few games that really could bring the two together in a fun way. (And already did to some degree, even if it was never really perfect.)

Looks like the PvEers are better at forum-PvP, gotta up your game, n00bz! ;]

Jokes aside, I share konrax' opinion, that it's a redundant dichotomy, specifically in 7dtd. It's one of very few games that really could bring the two together in a fun way. (And already did to some degree, even if it was never really perfect.)

As I've stated, its DayZ meets Minecraft.

What am I supposed to just go purchase and play another game till they put some love into PVP? Thats not how it works, and if it is, that's very bad customer service.

What you're "supposed" to do? Read and understand what TFP has said about PvP. Work on it will come (to the extent that it comes at all) at the END of the development cycle. It's fairly simple english. It is repeated in basically the same way everytime it is addressed by TFP. Your bringing it up prior to that point is unproductive at best and annoying at worst.

What you're "supposed" to do? Read and understand what TFP has said about PvP. Work on it will come (to the extent that it comes at all) at the END of the development cycle. It's fairly simple english. It is repeated in basically the same way everytime it is addressed by TFP. Your bringing it up prior to that point is unproductive at best and annoying at worst.

i would just keep going to keep u triggered but naahhh its not worth it :D too much hate here in forums against pvp players. Too bad because we all play the same game :(

After I just iterated that all everyone does is bring up this is a PVE intended game and if you don't like it mod it, you're all literally doing the same thing.

If it doesn't involve PVE you don't care, it doesn't affect you. It still affects the many of us that do and many stop playing and have stopped playing over the years due to this. Literally over 80% of my friends list are people from 7daystodie and only a very small handful of them even still play it, friends of mine that were long term admin of their own servers have shut down their servers and moved on to play other games, its very depression to see this.

I think you fail to understand why many of us originally bought 7 days to die. To put it short, the pvp was very enjoyable and fun back then, and now PVP is a cluster of broken mechanics that literally makes PVP borderline unplayable now in its current installment.

I would not purchase this game today seeing the current lack of attention for PVP, and if I did buy it, I would refund it after experiencing the state it was in.

Instead of working with us to seeing what our needs are and TFP acknowledging there is a huge problem and what we can communicate that would help fix it, you forum rats would rather take up arms and try to drown us out in your rhetoric.

If you bought the game because of crafting and crafting stayed broken for more than 7 alpha patches, Im sure you would vocalize your opinions as well. That's what we are doing, rather, trying, and instead of working for a resolution so that all paying customers can at least enjoy the game (without suggesting play another game when the game wasn't broken for PVP when I bought it )

I don't have time to host my own server and mod it for PVP, I would spend more time admining than I would be making sure the game is stable, so I still wouldn't be enjoying it, and there aren't any good PVP servers hosting right now.

Honestly that answer "PVE intended game/don't like it mod it" is becoming a pathetic surmount to an answer to the PVP communities current problem, yet its the only answer you PVE fanboys seem to come up with and try to drive us away from the forums with your hate speeches.

Thats why all you see online at the moment is mostly PVE, because PVP is just too broken atm.

Raiding is broken, end game PVP is beyond destroyed.

Imagine playing World of Warcraft for 6 years, the pvp was amazing in that game, now imagine how many people would quit or would be pissed off if they broken PVP in that game, and then focused entirely on PVE.

That is basically what has happened with 7daystodie, and yet we ask for very little just so pvp isn't broken to hell and yet everyone has to throw that same statement at us as if our purchase initially didn't matter.

Smh you you get insulted but nowhere have I insulted you or bashed you besides you losing your cool and trying to tell me what I can post and not post. But here you are repeatedly insulting anyone that isn't on your side of things. Now it is pvp fanboys. Ok well hate to bust your bubble but nothing you have said has got under my skin and to use the word fanboy well go ahead it has been used over and over again even before this game was even thought about. So it is just a over used word that means nothing really. If that is how you want to put it then go ahead. Even if I play pvp as well I will be happy to be a pvp fanboy as you call it. :)

You have missed the point I think and not sure how to say it. Yes these things are over said but maybe it is because the game is still alpha and being worked on so not sure what you expect. If that is an issue as it has also been over used maybe a alpha game isn't for you. Nobody said they didn't care about pvp and a difference between the game not being designed around pvp vs not caring. They do try and do what they can for pvp and most likely will keep trying. But it will not change the fact that it still isn't designed around pvp. But right now we don't know what all they will end up doing for the pvp part as the game isn't finished so in the mean time you have to mod it because it isn't a finished game. So if you want to take that as a bash toward pvp players then go ahead I'm not going to stop you. Just remember you came at me disrespectful but hey don't hurt my feelings none as I enjoy a good laugh every now and then.

Smh you you get insulted but nowhere have I insulted you or bashed you besides you losing your cool and trying to tell me what I can post and not post. But here you are repeatedly insulting anyone that isn't on your side of things. Now it is pvp fanboys. Ok well hate to bust your bubble but nothing you have said has got under my skin and to use the word fanboy well go ahead it has been used over and over again even before this game was even thought about. So it is just a over used word that means nothing really. If that is how you want to put it then go ahead. Even if I play pvp as well I will be happy to be a pvp fanboy as you call it. :)

You have missed the point I think and not sure how to say it. Yes these things are over said but maybe it is because the game is still alpha and being worked on so not sure what you expect. If that is an issue as it has also been over used maybe a alpha game isn't for you. Nobody said they didn't care about pvp and a difference between the game not being designed around pvp vs not caring. They do try and do what they can for pvp and most likely will keep trying. But it will not change the fact that it still isn't designed around pvp. But right now we don't know what all they will end up doing for the pvp part as the game isn't finished so in the mean time you have to mod it because it isn't a finished game. So if you want to take that as a bash toward pvp players then go ahead I'm not going to stop you. Just remember you came at me disrespectful but hey don't hurt my feelings none as I enjoy a good laugh every now and then.

I'm not insulting anyone,I used a few metaphors to reference how you PVErs typically act towards us in regards to PVP, its not an insult its a fact, I stated facts and you got offended, that doesn't make me offensive, but that can make you fascist.

but I am aggravated that rather than try and make both sides equally playable we only want to focus on one and don't care about the other is a horrible way to go about things and you literally alienate your customers and/or fellow players who purchase the game years ago for its PVP when PVP wasn't broken.

I didn't miss the point, I'm saying your point isn't a good answer to the problem, and my point is that this game had amazing potential for PVP and rather accentuate on it, they destroyed it.

and this rhetoric

the game isn't finished so in the mean time you have to mod it because it isn't a finished game.
Is also becoming annoying, I already touched on it earler and don't see a reason to revist it but leaving an entire community of players alienated over an entirely broken system is not a good answer for just "Mod it" and currently I don't think we have a way to mod how land claim blocks work, and we cannot modify how the perks work, do you not see why it sounds good but doesn't work?

The game also hasn't been finished in over 6 years, and since TFP keep changing how the system works I don't think it'll ever be finished. I think this will keep on being dragged out till TFP move on to another project.

PVP adjustments won’t be finished till the game is finished. PVE is the priority because that is what 99% of the players do.

Single player.

They have to make that work before pvp can be tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

I have joined too many to count PVE MP servers and it’s almost always people doing their own thing and rarely grouping up. People just want to do their thing and be around others.

PVP adjustments won’t be finished till the game is finished. PVE is the priority because that is what 99% of the players do.

Single player.

They have to make that work before pvp can be tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

I have joined too many to count PVE MP servers and it’s almost always people doing their own thing and rarely grouping up. People just want to do their thing and be around others.

This is actually a false narrative,only made apparently by the PVE playerbase on these forums exclusively, you know why? because all the pvp players don't play hardly anymore or converted to just play PVE for the time being (similar to how I have just been playing single player because of how broken MP/PVP is atm)

I think we just cling to a "false hope." I personally don't feel that it will ever come.

Not only that but anytime anyone trys to mention anything for PVP I return to my previous statement how we're treated very harshly/unfairly with poor answers from the current community.

PVP will almost always equalize the majority or out number the PVEers by slightly, and that's something statically shown in any games with both PVE and PVP elements.

PVE isn't the entirety of the games playe base and that variable is very misleading if the only data you're deriving it from is from this forums for this particular patch.\

See we really don't need much for pvp to not be a broken mess, yet no one even considers it and that same fall back answer is all anyone comes up with, its very unfair when you consider when many of us bought the game, PVP and MP were not in the sorry state they are now.

Lots of things you PVErs cry about is getting looked at, don't be greedy, we need some attention as well, this isn't "your" game, its our game, remember that PVE'ers, and some day I'll gladly play with you, for pve or pvp. It doesn't matter but I want to be able to equally enjoy both aspects, not only one.

Show me the numbers :)

How do you propose I do that when most of the players who played for PVP are mostly gone to games like R6/Arma3/counterstrike GO, Stellarus, Emperyon,Atlas,Foxhole,Ark ect.

Many quit playing due to an excessive number of "Chinese hackers" who just ran around streaming on twitch while using hacked clients to destroy bases, across various patches. (They could give themselves admin/godmode privileges on almost any server and easily avoided anti-cheat.) Why play when someone could just log in at level 1 and destroy your entire base you worked months on.

The many others quit because there are too many imbalances that have been ever so prominent over the patches as well, around Alpha 10-11 PVP/PVE were fairly equalized and PVP wasn't broken in any gamestate, early, middle, late, or end game/BIS.

Now you get to alpha 15 introduced Light/MEdium/Heavy armor, maxing these all out made you basically invulnerable till your armor was broken, this was the start of a huge problem for PVP, and it started to drastically decline from there.

Forward a few patches and Medium armor was removed from the perk list, but players could still achieve an insane amount of DR that made them nearly unkillable to anyone but another player that was equally geared and spected for combat, You just didn't stand a chance, I walked into player bases and could wipe them out with 1 shot while they couldn't hurt me as my rolling HOTS (Healing over time) was so stacked that their damage was insignificant, and because I repaired my armor in between rounds It meant you could never kill me without <2> sniper shots to the head. the first to break the helm, the second to take the remaining life without DR.

Forward a few more patches and the sniper was nerfed which removed it from pvp viability late game as players could survive "Several" shots from it as it still remained true that the only way to kill a player was to hit them enough times to break their armor.

Now here we are in Alpha 17, where we have 1 land claim, players can locally download the map from any seed and peek through everyone else's base to find where all the hidden stuff is uninhibited, and late game worse than alpha 16 in terms of near invulnerability.

I'm glad that the PVPers like the new iteration...

But just to be clear. It's not that others dont want PVP. It's that TFP have said that they wont focus on PVP.

So stop your crying :p

No one is crying, we are voicing our opinion something you guys do very strongly over even the most trivial of issues for PVE. Just take a look down the forum list, there's too many to count.

We aren't asking for complete focus, rather we are asking to not be 100% neglected.

It simple amazes me that when the Devs' viewpoint is that PvP work will come at the end of the work that people call that "rhetoric".

What I call it is - get ready - Fact.

Get upset about it all you want.

Fact is that that is what Joel has said. Period. End of story. PvP is NOT the primary focus.

Any work that does get done on it now is pretty much just incidental to their actual focus which is SP/Coop PvE.

So by chance you bought it at a time that you think had better PvP mechanics. That's all it was - chance. Not the intended result. A spot in time that luckily for you the game was more PvP "friendly".

Lmao every time i get on here i get more and more of a chuckle. I'm glad you feel I'm offended and glad you like to keep classifying me as a pvper. That is ok if you feel that way nobody is perfect. But so you know I'm a gamer and play all kinds of different games in all kinds of different ways and I don't pick on way over another. But since you know me so well congratulations thumbs up for you.

I responded to someone specific and sure you can reply to it this is a public forum. But you got bent out of shape because I was talking to someone else and you didn't like what was said. You then go on to try and tell me what I can and can't post. But hey I'm the one offended right. Dude you are a complete waste of time. Take that hypothetical non sence somewhere else. And yes hypothetical because I seen your post telling others one thing but yet here you are doing the same thing they are and you telling them not to. You only have one mind set and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree to your standards. I still find it very funny and get a good laugh out if it. As I'm one chill person and don't let hardly anything bother me especially the little things. More things in the world to worry about then a game. Again sorry if you don't like the answers but I'm not the developer so I have no other information to give to you. So because I'm not the developer and don't have a say so in if it is a pvp game or a pve neither one of them bother me unlike yourself but it doesn't matter because they have said over and over again regardless if you like it or not that this game is built around pve. Like it not they have said the game can be modified to fit ones needs. Like it or not it is a alpha game that isn't completed yet so who knows what kind of pvp stuff they will do for it at the end because they are not against pvp they just not building the game around pvp. So until it is finished you will have to mod things or simply don't play. Those are facts. So again if that is to much for you then alpha is not for you sir.

PvP is NOT the primary focus.

We are not asking for entire focus, just a little attention after years and years of neglect from a continually downward spiral

Lmao every time i get on here i get more and more of a chuckle.

Good for you? So our aggravation with PVP being is an entirely broken state is amusing to you? Its more the fact that no one even listens, they just say the same crap and it keeps everyone at an impasse.

I never classified you as a PVPer nor did I insinuate that anything I said offended you, I think you just find everything amusing.

But hey I'm the one offended right. Dude you are a complete waste of time.
Right, then stop responding and go play your PVE game.

Again sorry if you don't like the answers but I'm not the developer so I have no other information to give to you.

I didn't actually ask for information from you, or anyone in fact I wish you would take your arguement away from my thread as you don't contribute anything other than trying to belittle/degrade me and enforce the ostracism of PVPers, I simply stated how broken the game is for us that enjoyed PVP/Raiding, What put it into a broken state, and what could possibly be done to help resolve those issues, though it seems that like 99% of you on this forum you are more interested in repeating the rhetoric and starting a fight rather than work towards a resolution. Cognitive Dissidence much?

Har har har im amused at you

har har har its a pve game

blah blah blah words words words I find it funny/amusing because <x> and <y> and don't forget <z> /unrelated derailing#youreawasteoftime

I didn't get bent out of shape, I simply stated how I felt and how PVE bias players treat pvpers on this forums. While I may display some passion that doesn't mean I am upset, but I do get aggravated when you try to constantly shut down our voices and opinions on anything PVP related, you aren't the developers, its not your damn game, stop talking as if you're speaking for them, everyone likes to do this like they think its going to merit them some special brownie points with the devs or something. Its old.

I'm glad you feel I'm offended and glad you like to keep classifying me as a pvper. That is ok if you feel that way nobody is perfect. But so you know I'm a gamer and play all kinds of different games in all kinds of different ways and I don't pick on way over another. But since you know me so well congratulations thumbs up for you.

I'm not 12, stop talking like you're so high above me; every word in your sentence gets increasingly more condescending and patronizing like you think you're pulling a puppets strings for your amusement.

I never said you could or could not post anything, you really take things too literal I suppose, you can post whatever you want, however it gets annoying to say the same thing over and over, PVP is in a bad state, we're going to bitch, just like you bitch over level gating, steel, stamina, grindy early game, hidden zeds, ect ect. You guys have had plenty of issues and most weren't even game breaking, just something you didn't like.

You only have one mind set and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree to your standards.
No, YOU only have 1 mindset. That its a PVE game and that all of us with PVP concerns should fk off and shut up.

I have only stated my retort, I never said anyone was "Wrong" in fact I acknowledged what is said but at some point you should realize how greedy you all sound while your PVE world is nearly flawless when you compare to how our PVP/Online/Multiplayer state is (Completely Broken ) That being said, it is not unfair, nor unreasonable to ask for help, instead you give us the stiff arm and say "back off, its our PVE game." It seriously needs some help and the mere mention of that sets off this cascade of flame and dichotomy war.

Like it or not it is a alpha game that isn't completed yet so who knows what kind of pvp stuff they will do for it at the end because they are not against pvp they just not building the game around pvp. So until it is finished you will have to mod things or simply don't play

We have no way to mod land claim blocks, we have no way to mod perks. Anything else?

Its been alpha for 6 + years, that argument lost so much weight so long ago. It will "Always" be an alpha game at this point. It had PVP in it when I bought it, the PVP got broken, and It isn't fair to make me and anyone else that enjoyed PVP "Wait" for another 6 freaking years for it to not be broken anymore. That is the worse instance of customer service I have ever heard.

Actually the PVE and PVP elements mold quite nicely except for some certain instances. The Land Claim blocks is the biggest major issue and the perks +armors are just too strong end game, even on the highest difficulty I don't think zed are even a threat to the players that are BIS geared, and perked up.

I responded to someone specific and sure you can reply to it this is a public forum. But you got bent out of shape because I was talking to someone else and you didn't like what was said.

The PVP'ers have moved on to other games actually. The large majority of your players were PVP, and they always will be, but so long as the game focuses too intently on PVE and single player your pvpers will play the other games, the moment TFP shifts back into PVP and balancing it to be a better experience to make playing online more viable for extended seed play then you will understand how much PVP outnumbers PVE.

It has been stated many times for as long as I can remember from TFP that the game is being built behind single/small group. Not saying they don't try to make things happen for pvp but it isn't the focus point. Most likely when it is said and done you will need to mod it to make it more pvp. Not saying once they are finished that they may or may not have a different option menu for pvp play. I haven't seen anything that shows they will do it but it could happen though. Unless I'm unaware of a change of thought process from TFP it will not be a game designed around pvp.

Im pretty sure you quoted and responded to me directly, I know you responded to the other guy with the mods to which I keep saying "We do not have the ability to mod what is breaking the game for us!" You don't read, or listen do you?

It isn't that I didn't like what you said, I was counter-arguing and stating my points and reasons. On a public forum yes, you can except people to chime in with their opinions as well.

It simply* amazes me that when the Devs' viewpoint is that PvP work will come at the end of the work that people call that "rhetoric

Because its been 6 years and we are neglected through many pressing issues when it comes to PVP, again, no one is asking for a complete "Focus" on it, just make it not as damn broken so we can at least play and enjoy it for a little while.Yes its a rhetoric at this point because its like telling a patient waiting on a lung transplant to "Keep waiting, its coming." but all the mean while you're dying.

Oh look you are right I did respond to you first before the OP. My bad but stil doesn't change the fact that this game is being built around single player/small group now does it.

I'm on a phone so not going to try and quote things. But even in my response to you it was not rude or disrespectful and you do reply in a rude and disrespectful way. The choice of words and the way you put does try and put me in the things you try but have yet to succeed on doing in specific type of people. Hey I'm not the greatest with words and am guilty of it also but still...

I find it very amusing and very funny at the things I read on here and I'm not the only one hell I'm on break at work and a few of us are cracking up. Why because you are tired of hearing the facts of the matter and it bothers you so bad that really I don't even remember half the things you said now come to think about it besides you are bothered pvp is lacking. I agree it is but hey reasons regardless on if you or I or anyone else agrees or not, likes it or not the developers have said it and it isn't talking for them when they have said it that the game is not built around pvp. What are you going to do about it? Please tell me I want to know and I'm sure others would like to as well. If they are set on designing the game around pve and not pvp not much one can do besides guess what mod it. Oh wait the other thing over used stop playing. Those are the only options.

I'm not trying to come across to shut you down, have you stop playing or stop posting. I'm sure in a voice conversation you are a pretty cool person. But just saying we are not the developers so our input only goes so far. Pvp conversations have been a topic for ages and it has been made clear it is not a pvp game. Not sure how else to say it that don't use ways that are over used for you.

But as been said time after time and multiple times in this thread it doesn't mean they don't try and do what they can for pvp as they can. It does not mean when the game is finished more options will not be in place for more pvp type styles. So it isn't that they or many don't care for pvp players it is just that they didn't come into designing this game for pvp. I wouldn't object what so ever if they did more for pvp but it is unlikely they will (not saying they won't because I can't speak for then) based on the way they have said things.

So it isn't trying to push you away or whatever you wish to call it but if you are not ok with that then the game isn't for you and you should move on because you will not ever be happy with what they will offer. They are not going to please everyone so that is why I agree with them with mod it if you don't like it. Nothing wrong what so ever in doing so. The reasons might be over used but it is the truth and fact. Would you wish for it to be said in a different way? I really don't know what else to tell you.

O.O Shocked face!! That can't be! The PvPers here on the forum keep telling us that the large majority of the playerbase is PvP!

Oh, that's right. They're ALL boycotting........................smh.

All joking aside, I consider myself a PvP player and I knew of NOTHING about pvpers boycotting the game. I have been less and less active on the forum(reading) and rarely play the game. Not because I'm mad or upset, or because of a "boycott". It's the simple fact that the game is not what I fell in love with almost 5 years ago.

The whole us(pvp) vs them(pve) battle that takes place here could very well be the eventual downfall of this great game. I applaud TFP for the progress they have made over the years, but something doesn't seem right, atleast from my point of view. (65 players)100% of the people on my friends list I've met played 7d2d at one point or another, as of right now I don't see any playing or have played it in months. My soon to be wife and I met each other playing this game. Gods honest truth. Yeah its just a game but it will always hold a place close to me for that reason alone. She is not a pvp player but even she has no desire to dig into what we have to play today.

One thing I did listen to the pve'ers about was "if you don't like it go play something else." For the longest time I took that as an insult but they may very well be on to something.

I wish TFP and 7d's the best of luck and hope they can hang onto a little bit of what made this game the gem that it was.

Archived