Alpha 17 is a big win for PVP players

konrax

All joking aside, I consider myself a PvP player and I knew of NOTHING about pvpers boycotting the game. I have been less and less active on the forum(reading) and rarely play the game. Not because I'm mad or upset, or because of a "boycott". It's the simple fact that the game is not what I fell in love with almost 5 years ago.

The whole us(pvp) vs them(pve) battle that takes place here could very well be the eventual downfall of this great game. I applaud TFP for the progress they have made over the years, but something doesn't seem right, atleast from my point of view. (65 players)100% of the people on my friends list I've met played 7d2d at one point or another, as of right now I don't see any playing or have played it in months. My soon to be wife and I met each other playing this game. Gods honest truth. Yeah its just a game but it will always hold a place close to me for that reason alone. She is not a pvp player but even she has no desire to dig into what we have to play today.

One thing I did listen to the pve'ers about was "if you don't like it go play something else." For the longest time I took that as an insult but they may very well be on to something.

I wish TFP and 7d's the best of luck and hope they can hang onto a little bit of what made this game the gem that it was.

I would like to start off with congratulations for finding someone part.

For me I don't care about this pvp vs pve stuff. It is stupid. The point in what I was making isn't trying to be a battle with one vs the other. Not trying to speak for TFP or any other person alive. Just simply saying what TFP themselves have said. The game isn't being designed around pvp. Some seem to feel that is a attack towards pvp players but it isn't. The reason I don't see it that way is because it isn't like pvp gets ignored completely. But it they are not going to please everyone with things they do. Take the OP for example he is happy with the way pvp is right now but other pvp players are not. So you have two pvp players that are not agreeing. So with a game that isn't built around pvp and that isn't a complete game how do you please both much less pvp and pve players. You are not going to simple as that. So it will need to be modded for the likes of the individual. Also as it has been said in other parts of the forums only a small % of players come to the forums so I don't think the arguments here will effect things that much and become a downfall for the game. Maybe for some individuals but not the game itself.

I agree the game isn't what it used to be. For me it isn't really a bad thing but it definitely does need more work done. I don't mind the new systems they put in but it definitely needs work and they acknowledge that and are aware so for a unfinished game I will have to let them update it more to get that final result before completely judging it. Doesn't mean I don't have opinions on things nor do I think others shouldn't because they should. Hopefully in a constructive feedback they will do what they can if they feel the same as it is obvious if they feel what they have is the way it will be nothing anyone here is going to be able to do besides mod it. It isn't about if I agree or disagree or think if it is right or wrong they are going to make the game they want and leave us to mod it if we want something different especially right now when things are being worked on.

(Not all of this was directed towards you but just was sayin in general).

currently there are game breaking bugs in A17 for PVP.

- underground clipping to see bases

- land claim block deactivate, other people can see LCB marker on the map

the only fun about this game is PVP, pve is getting boring after awhile no matter how much they slow the progression it will be boring before you even level up high. slowing down everything is just resident sleeper. tfp even put a delay on nailgun to slow down building what why? im demotivated to build because its slow lol

Wow, two pages of bickering on a post with PVP in the title? No way!

Anyway PVP is just one layer on top of the base game that IMO just needs some balancing and bug fixes to be made viable again for mass consumption. I dont think the majority of players would even want a "candy coating" of antigreifing changes or any crazy anti cheat past the EAC already there.

Of course that won't make it perfect for everyone but just some cost of living changes can make it real good-----

-player damage boosts/resistances balancing to others and not zombies

-redundant land claims to some extent

(Can be limited but shouldn't be, no less than 9 claims active at one time)

-block damage slider(setting) that is independent of zombie block damage

-xray glitch needs addressed badly and is the biggest reason slot of players dont play anymore

NEW BUGS FOR A17

-players respawning at beds other than their own

-conditions presisting after respawn(bleeding,broken leg)

-land claim ownership switching to another player ( fixed when reloging)

-land claim map icon showing up for players not owning claims (shows claims of players not allied to some but not all other players) POSSI LE FIX COULD BE TO REMOVE THW MAP MARKER ALL TOGETHER I know where my base is lol

Alright that's my list feel free to add to it.

AND LETS JUST IGNORE THE PVE TROLLS PLEASE, WE NEED TO COLLECT OUR THOUGHTS TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, BICKERING WONT HELP.

-xray glitch needs addressed badly and is the biggest reason slot of players dont play anymore

NEW BUGS FOR A17

-land claim map icon showing up for players not owning claims (shows claims of players not allied to some but not all other players) POSSI LE FIX COULD BE TO REMOVE THW MAP MARKER ALL TOGETHER I know where my base is lol

-player damage boost/resistance. ... something to the nature has been brought up. Not sure how it will end up if it will but has been brought up.

-LCB.... is known and already said it will get work done. Maybe not in the way you suggested.

-block damage slider... can't say anything on this if they will do anything. Have not seen anything on it but doesn't mean it isn't there somewhere. But good idea.

-xray glitch.... well we all know they are aware of this. When it will be fixed I can't say as I have no clue.

New bugs for A17..... all these are known and again i can't say when they will get fixed but eventually will be.

So most of these are known and have been heard. Not sure what more you are wanting. But for someone that wants to stop with the bickering you sure did open the door for more bickering with the last part of the post.. Just sayin

Edit: oh look one of those questions was answered plus more.

We're looking options like xp slider, zombie block damage, Blood moon frequency: every day, every 3 days every 7 days, every two weeks, every month, random, never. I think never would be good for the adventuring types who like to explore, and good for pvp, and for casuals who just like to build and don't want their stuff getting wrecked.

Nah I just think we can work together, I want everything you want out of this game, except I also want to kill you and take ur stuff.

Also I'm aware, that you're aware, that they're aware of the issues I mentioned. Just wanted to point out the things that could be addressed quickly and fairly easily( or not, I dont know much about coding/game design) that would make the PVP community happy and probably bring a lot of players back. Feel free to add anything else that come to mind :)

Nah I just think we can work together, I want everything you want out of this game, except I also want to kill you and take ur stuff.

Also I'm aware, that you're aware, that they're aware of the issues I mentioned. Just wanted to point out the things that could be addressed quickly and fairly easily( or not, I dont know much about coding/game design) that would make the PVP community happy and probably bring a lot of players back. Feel free to add anything else that come to mind :)

No no... no exceptions depending on my mood I as well want to sneak in that base and take all your stuff and wait for you to come back and kill you :p

Lol I agree everyone wants the same things but balancing the game for both pvp and pve player is a pain. At least to where it will please everyone. As the op said he is loving the pvp now but others don't. But as the past few pages was a drag in a way don't get what I said the wrong way. As I said in one of them I'm a gamer i have different moods for different games and different play styles all the time. But the point of it is that until TFP come put and say they changed their minds they have said the game is built around pve. But as it was also said doesn't mean they ignore pvp play style. They do what they can when they can as above statement that was made from TFP shows. Just because it is designed around pve doesn't take away the pvp part as I think that part of the message in the last 2 pages was missed.

In my opinion let them do what they can as they can for pvp but they still have things that need to get worked on right now. So I personally would like to see some of those things fixed/added to before anything else.

Wow, two pages of bickering on a post with PVP in the title? No way!

Anyway PVP is just one layer on top of the base game that IMO just needs some balancing and bug fixes to be made viable again for mass consumption. I dont think the majority of players would even want a "candy coating" of antigreifing changes or any crazy anti cheat past the EAC already there.

Of course that won't make it perfect for everyone but just some cost of living changes can make it real good-----

NEW BUGS FOR A17

Alright that's my list feel free to add to it.

AND LETS JUST IGNORE THE PVE TROLLS PLEASE, WE NEED TO COLLECT OUR THOUGHTS TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, BICKERING WONT HELP.

To add off the biggest issue with the digging zeds is that players will now kite zed horde/screamer hordes to your base and let the zeds just destroy your base for you, there needs to be an option to turn digging off in multiplayer because its widely abused and players need to be able to dig underground to hide from other players.

The another next biggest issue are the maps being downloaded locally, what this means is anyone can download the map with your base in it, go into single player/creative with that map seed and figure out exactly where all your traps are and how to avoid them are, as well as where your land claim is hidden so it can be dug up, then go back into that multiplayer server and go to that base with the knowledge of how to raid it.

Lol I agree everyone wants the same things but balancing the game for both pvp and pve player is a pain. At least to where it will please everyone. As the op said he is loving the pvp now but others don't. But as the past few pages was a drag in a way don't get what I said the wrong way.

You can stop saying this now, okay? You and I are at a complete impasse so I don't see a reason to try and communicate with you about this topic anymore, you just keep finding yourself so "amused" (and you said your responses aren't rude or disrespectful but here you are calling me amusing? That's actually very rude as Im not trying to amuse you I'm trying to make you understand why PVP needs some attention and why the PVE bias needs to stop yet you keep enforcing the same iteration of it)

Balancing the game for PVE and PVP isn't as hard as you would think since end game is already broken for both.

OP hadn't experienced late game PVP yet alpha 17, I have, once he/she does they'll probably think its bogus as well..

To add off the biggest issue with the digging zeds is that players will now kite zed horde/screamer hordes to your base and let the zeds just destroy your base for you, there needs to be an option to turn digging off in multiplayer because its widely abused and players need to be able to dig underground to hide from other players.

The another next biggest issue are the maps being downloaded locally, what this means is anyone can download the map with your base in it, go into single player/creative with that map seed and figure out exactly where all your traps are and how to avoid them are, as well as where your land claim is hidden so it can be dug up, then go back into that multiplayer server and go to that base with the knowledge of how to raid it.

You can stop saying this now, okay? You and I are at a complete impasse so I don't see a reason to try and communicate with you about this topic anymore, you just keep finding yourself so "amused" (and you said your responses aren't rude or disrespectful but here you are calling me amusing? That's actually very rude as Im not trying to amuse you I'm trying to make you understand why PVP needs some attention and why the PVE bias needs to stop yet you keep enforcing the same iteration of it)

Balancing the game for PVE and PVP isn't as hard as you would think since end game is already broken for both.

OP hadn't experienced late game PVP yet alpha 17, I have, once he/she does they'll probably think its bogus as well..

It is very simple to ignore me and not respond. Yes I find it very amusing that you still have yet to see the point and it is all about pve fanboys or now pve bias. If that is rude then so be it.

Never once I said pvp doesn't need love. Not once did I say it wasn't going to get love. It is simple plain English that has no reason to be said in any other way that the game is not built around pvp. It doesn't mean that pvp is forgotten or shouldn't be touched. But you seem so fascinated on the fact just because the game isn't built around pvp then that must mean the hell with pvp. As TFP said today they are working on something that will help with pvp it shows it is not forgotten. I assure you it will not be the only thing that gets done to help towards pvp. Doing things for pvp will come when they can or feel the need to do so especially at the moment in a unfinished game that is being designed around pve. So if that isn't clear enough and feel that it is saying the hell with pvp then I don't know what to tell you besides find it amusing. I'm not hear to speak for everyone or anyone besides myself. So if you think I'm against pvp so be it not sure what to tell you. Besides ignore me and don't respond.

Lmao every time i get on here i get more and more of a chuckle. I'm glad you feel I'm offended and glad you like to keep classifying me as a pvper. That is ok if you feel that way nobody is perfect. But so you know I'm a gamer and play all kinds of different games in all kinds of different ways and I don't pick on way over another. But since you know me so well congratulations thumbs up for you.

I responded to someone specific and sure you can reply to it this is a public forum. But you got bent out of shape because I was talking to someone else and you didn't like what was said. You then go on to try and tell me what I can and can't post. But hey I'm the one offended right. Dude you are a complete waste of time. Take that hypothetical non sence somewhere else. And yes hypothetical because I seen your post telling others one thing but yet here you are doing the same thing they are and you telling them not to. You only have one mind set and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree to your standards. I still find it very funny and get a good laugh out if it. As I'm one chill person and don't let hardly anything bother me especially the little things. More things in the world to worry about then a game. Again sorry if you don't like the answers but I'm not the developer so I have no other information to give to you. So because I'm not the developer and don't have a say so in if it is a pvp game or a pve neither one of them bother me unlike yourself but it doesn't matter because they have said over and over again regardless if you like it or not that this game is built around pve. Like it not they have said the game can be modified to fit ones needs. Like it or not it is a alpha game that isn't completed yet so who knows what kind of pvp stuff they will do for it at the end because they are not against pvp they just not building the game around pvp. So until it is finished you will have to mod things or simply don't play. Those are facts. So again if that is to much for you then alpha is not for you sir.

If you thought I was responding to you you're wrong... That was for OnlyMeiya(sp?). Yea, I shoulda quoted it to clarify that. My bad.

It is very simple to ignore me and not respond. Yes I find it very amusing that you still have yet to see the point and it is all about pve fanboys or now pve bias. If that is rude then so be it.

Never once I said pvp doesn't need love. Not once did I say it wasn't going to get love. It is simple plain English that has no reason to be said in any other way that the game is not built around pvp. It doesn't mean that pvp is forgotten or shouldn't be touched. But you seem so fascinated on the fact just because the game isn't built around pvp then that must mean the hell with pvp. As TFP said today they are working on something that will help with pvp it shows it is not forgotten. I assure you it will not be the only thing that gets done to help towards pvp. Doing things for pvp will come when they can or feel the need to do so especially at the moment in a unfinished game that is being designed around pve. So if that isn't clear enough and feel that it is saying the hell with pvp then I don't know what to tell you besides find it amusing. I'm not hear to speak for everyone or anyone besides myself. So if you think I'm against pvp so be it not sure what to tell you. Besides ignore me and don't respond.

We are at a complete impasse, sorry I see no reason to farther try and communicate with you. You keep repeating yourself,which is causing me to repeat myself. You always have to try and have the last word or something which usually has to consist of the same dialogue of "I'm finding this amusing/funny,getting laughs, ect."

You're a smarter person than this.

I get what you're saying but the rhetoric that everyone keeps blurting out as an answer is not an answer to leave pvp in the broken state it is in.

Was the game designed for PVE? Yes

Was the game designed to have PVP? Yes, (Obviously PVP is in the game and its an option to choose)

Do TFP want to focus more on PVE? Yes, and thats fine,

Does that mean TFP should leave PVP how it is? No, it doesn't.

Everyone seems to think its okay to just ignore pvp and leave it as is because of again, the PVE confirmation bias.

(All we see are people talking about pve/sp so therefore thats all we think the players want, which is incorrect)

PVPers just get run off because of the headache dealing with trying to make people understand things from our side, its easy to sit atop a golden throne and look down on everyone else when there is nothing detrimentally wrong with your side of things.

Instead of saying "Hey, yea we agree, pvp is broken, maybe TFP can try doing this <x> or <y> or <z> it shouldn't be to hard to implement and shouldn't negatively impact PVE and shouldn't detract too much time from the focus, instead it falls down to people don't want to think, no one wants to give constructive answers to fix the problems at hand and would rather fall back on that same answer

"The focus is PVE either mod it or play something else." What do you do when none of those are options or good choices? I would love to work along side of some of my friends who used to host a 7 days server and figure out ways to mod the server so that the game was fun for PVP again for us, but the problem is we cannot mod the things we need to mod in order to do that, you're throwing a bad answer around like people throw the word "Love" around like a Frisbee at the beach.

Help us find a resolution, not stomp on our genitals and laugh.

Yea I dont think there's much they can do about the map being stored locally until they re work some major portion s of the game( so never? ) and also the one LCB per person makes it fairly easy to find the x,y of the LCB so all you can really do is adjust how u build to make them have to work long enough for you to get on and defend. ( I know that's not always possible:( ) second, I see the zombie digging as a plus in which it forces players to find new ways to build to counter the tactic. I've always built around the mantra of forcing the raiders to raid the way you want them to and no, it doesn't always work. When it does it's well worth it to see the destruction.

Yea I dont think there's much they can do about the map being stored locally until they re work some major portion s of the game( so never? ) and also the one LCB per person makes it fairly easy to find the x,y of the LCB so all you can really do is adjust how u build to make them have to work long enough for you to get on and defend. ( I know that's not always possible:( ) second, I see the zombie digging as a plus in which it forces players to find new ways to build to counter the tactic. I've always built around the mantra of forcing the raiders to raid the way you want them to and no, it doesn't always work. When it does it's well worth it to see the destruction.

Digging on multiplayer is an issue because you can dig under a players base and make horde chase you, they will dig out the players base and collapse it which has become the new way to "Raid" by using zed to work for the raider, which defeats the purpose of raiding.\

When it directly correlates to griefing, there needs to be an option to turn it off. and If left on, you really can't build underground. The reason for basing underground is to stay hidden. You can't raid what you can't find, and if zed find it for you by digging holes everywhere in the ground (Something that inevitably will happen if you afk in the base and you or several players in the group are in the base) there will be holes all along the surface, which is a very good indicater for raiders with the eyes for it to understand "Hey, zed marks, they were digging to something, probably players based directly under here.

How do you "Build" smarter to prevent that and stay hidden at the same time? You can't.

Idk man that's a tuffy.......... could you build at bedrock?

Anyone that makes a base underground builds at bedrock.

The ONLY way to prevent a full collapse is to build from Skyblock to Bedrock because Skyblock acts the same way as Bedrock does, you can't break it and it provides SI. Which means everyone is limited to build tower bases from Bed rock to sky block, not really fun if everyone has to do the same thing, I liked raiding because going inside other players bases you get great ideas to incorporate into your own bases design for future projects or future seeds.

I thought we were talking about zombie digging not collapse? But no you're not wrong on that front, but there are other ways to increase SI that are tricks of the trade and I wont share on here. I just think there are simpler changes on here other than reworking the voxal system to make the game more accessible for all players

You are right and would like to say sorry. It isn't about getting the last word as after pages of bickering it can come across that way. It really wasn't about repeating myself or getting you to do so as well again even though it come across that way.

Even though I shouldn't of let it entertain me it wasn't laughable to be about pvp or anything it was more so on that the point was being missed. But I take part in that because instead of trying to be more clear in my point I over looked the other side of things. Again sorry

I really don't feel the pvp side should be ignored and not worked on. This is where I should of thought of a clearer way of putting it. I love pvp but also love pve so can't say I'm one or the other. Do I feel a game that is designed to be around pve get focused on pvp? No. But I also don't think it should get ignored because the game does have pvp elements in it. But they do keep doing things to help pvp. Is it all at once or things that need vs the other? No and some could be opinion based and other could be they haven't got to that part of the specific thing as they plan on making a change on the pve side so then would need to make a change on pvp again if they did. I guess I'm trying to say is they will focus on getting the outcome on the pve they want first or at least where at the time feel where they want because we all know how much they like changing their minds then fit in the pvp part. Some stuff might come much later and some stuff will come sooner. But I don't feel they forget pvp nor do I feel they should. Hopefully that makes more sense to where I was getting. I will add if it isn't obvious and I have said it before I'm terrible at wording things but can do it way better face to face.

We had another issue come up in our server last night where a player was on for only 2 days and hit level 300 with some 400 zombie kills. I wont say exactly how but he did it but he used the trader. Exploits like that kill server population quickly as people feel like the hard work they put in is for nought. Same with the xray glitch, that has been around for a long time yet it really hasn't been addressed because it doesn't affect PVE.

Some other things should be extremely easy to fix. For example sneak damage boosts are also applied to players in some situations. Like just turn that off. That's it. Could probably do that my self in XML. There are so many simple tweaks that would take minimal time and effort that would bring back a lot of players and then those players would bring friends into the fold for sure.

Sure the car runs and drives fine, but we just want you to wash it every so often.

We had another issue come up in our server last night where a player was on for only 2 days and hit level 300 with some 400 zombie kills. I wont say exactly how but he did it but he used the trader. Exploits like that kill server population quickly as people feel like the hard work they put in is for nought. Same with the xray glitch, that has been around for a long time yet it really hasn't been addressed because it doesn't affect PVE.

Some other things should be extremely easy to fix. For example sneak damage boosts are also applied to players in some situations. Like just turn that off. That's it. Could probably do that my self in XML. There are so many simple tweaks that would take minimal time and effort that would bring back a lot of players and then those players would bring friends into the fold for sure.

Sure the car runs and drives fine, but we just want you to wash it every so often.

Exploits will be found no matter what even when the game is finished. People find exploits in AAA games all the time. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed when found. So that will leave the question is the specific exploit the player did been turned in for them to fix? Also in development they will prioritize things in ways we may or may not understand. In a finished game I would be more expected to see the fix sooner than when it is in development. Alpha I just expect it to get fix at some point. But it doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed

The xray glitch I'm not convinced is a easy fix especially in a voxel game. Minecraft been out longer and still has xray glitches. GTA isn't voxel and has glitches seeing under the map, getting through walls and being able to kill people and even at one point was able to fly under the map and kill people. Anyway the list of games can go on but my point is I don't think it is a easy fix but hopefully it can be fixed sooner or later.

But where i disagree on is i don't feel they don't get fixed or overl ooked because it doesn't effect pve.

Digging on multiplayer is an issue because you can dig under a players base and make horde chase you, they will dig out the players base and collapse it which has become the new way to "Raid" by using zed to work for the raider, which defeats the purpose of raiding.\

When it directly correlates to griefing, there needs to be an option to turn it off. and If left on, you really can't build underground. The reason for basing underground is to stay hidden. You can't raid what you can't find, and if zed find it for you by digging holes everywhere in the ground (Something that inevitably will happen if you afk in the base and you or several players in the group are in the base) there will be holes all along the surface, which is a very good indicater for raiders with the eyes for it to understand "Hey, zed marks, they were digging to something, probably players based directly under here.

How do you "Build" smarter to prevent that and stay hidden at the same time? You can't.

Your first few sentences LITERALLY describes what both the Governor and Rick did to Negan. So dont you think thats a valid tactic? Its actually pretty smart and SHOULD be used when raiding.

Turn zombies off if its interfering in your PVP

Your first few sentences LITERALLY describes what both the Governor and Rick did to Negan. So dont you think thats a valid tactic? Its actually pretty smart and SHOULD be used when raiding.

Turn zombies off if its interfering in your PVP

the point is negan was there when they raided him, but if u want to grief u wait until the player ure attacking is offline ...

the point is negan was there when they raided him, but if u want to grief u wait until the player ure attacking is offline ...

Fair point. When i do engage in PVP i never offline raid so it didn't occur to me. Maybe something can be done about offline protection as it pertains to zombies then. Perhaps permit it online, but if your offline its a no go. Will also work well in PVE too since there have been cases of players running by others bases and damage occurring on PVE as well with a player offline.

You are right and would like to say sorry. It isn't about getting the last word as after pages of bickering it can come across that way. It really wasn't about repeating myself or getting you to do so as well again even though it come across that way.

Even though I shouldn't of let it entertain me it wasn't laughable to be about pvp or anything it was more so on that the point was being missed. But I take part in that because instead of trying to be more clear in my point I over looked the other side of things. Again sorry

I really don't feel the pvp side should be ignored and not worked on. This is where I should of thought of a clearer way of putting it. I love pvp but also love pve so can't say I'm one or the other. Do I feel a game that is designed to be around pve get focused on pvp? No. But I also don't think it should get ignored because the game does have pvp elements in it. But they do keep doing things to help pvp. Is it all at once or things that need vs the other? No and some could be opinion based and other could be they haven't got to that part of the specific thing as they plan on making a change on the pve side so then would need to make a change on pvp again if they did. I guess I'm trying to say is they will focus on getting the outcome on the pve they want first or at least where at the time feel where they want because we all know how much they like changing their minds then fit in the pvp part. Some stuff might come much later and some stuff will come sooner. But I don't feel they forget pvp nor do I feel they should. Hopefully that makes more sense to where I was getting. I will add if it isn't obvious and I have said it before I'm terrible at wording things but can do it way better face to face.

Its completely fine brother after all we are all gamers, and we should all want to see everyone happy weather its PVE or PVP, there will always be bickering especially when many people are unhappy at the current state of their favorite play style or game mode, we struggle to enjoy a game that we loved so much back in the day, and it isn't that we fell out of love with the game, it just changed so much that the thing we enjoyed most was no longer a fun experience and you can see that on every server where the experienced players understand whats really going on with everything.

I am the type that would gladly play on a PVE server with anyone if invited to do so, but I also want to kill you and take your gear sometimes xD PVP is great because it keeps people playing, it starts a rivalry and competition that drives players to learn more, do more, get better. team up against a common enemy. I have played on hundreds of different servers in over 5 years of playing and each server I made new friends, but also lost those friends as they quit playing the game saying "Its just not the same game anymore." Seeing so many friends come and go is very depressing after previously having enjoyed the game so much with them instead it has forced many of us to go in different directions, I stayed loyal to this game and I would hope that loyalty one day pays off when the devs finally decide its time to get pvp a little attention.

There is more than it seems by just saying "PVP needs attention" because there is a cascade of reasons I don't need to go into, but I am sure you get the idea.

I want pvp to be unbroken because I want my friends to come back and play with me.

I want pvp unbroken because I want my old rivals to return and start trouble with me.

I want pvp unbroken because I crave that heart thumping rush that happens when I'm pinned down in someone's base while they log on and I was raiding them and I'm hiding hoping I see them first to kill them then take their bag and haul ass out safely.

We cant fix it with mods unfortunately, at least not right now, when it is possible, me and some admin friends will probably do just that.

I can enjoy both aspects, but I do not get the same rush from PVE as I do PVP, and there is no other game like 7d2d where dying and getting ALL your belongings taken from you is just an impactful loss, which makes the risk of being killed by another player much more rewarding when you avoid it, and/or kill them instead.

Fair point. When i do engage in PVP i never offline raid so it didn't occur to me. Maybe something can be done about offline protection as it pertains to zombies then. Perhaps permit it online, but if your offline its a no go. Will also work well in PVE too since there have been cases of players running by others bases and damage occurring on PVE as well with a player offline.

They can make PVP protection apply to zombies if the player is offline. That would a good idea I think considering if you have base defenses it would probably kill them off as the bases that have the strong defense is the ones players will try and cheese with zombies.

Zed can't be turned off lol we need a reliable way to level and zed spawning acts as a great barrier for preventing players getting too strong too fast by limiting how much you can search.

They applied LCP to work on bears back when bears were introduced so I know this is very doable and the code is already written, it just needs to be applied to multiplayer when the zone owner player is offline.

Could also make it only take effect after 30 minutes, that way an owner can't log off and let their buddies use their base to farm horde night under LCP.

Archived