Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

got one more for ya alloc. And thank you so much for fixing everything.

When trying to use coppis prender or pblock im getting back

ERROR: Executing command 'pblock' failed: Method not found: 'Prefab.RotateY'.

is this going to be you or Coppis? Thank you in advance!

got one more for ya alloc. And thank you so much for fixing everything.

ERROR: Executing command 'pblock' failed: Method not found: 'Prefab.RotateY'.

is this going to be you or Coppis? Thank you in advance!

Same here,

Just confirming it is a current issue.

Libby

Which there doesn't seem to be in 16.1 and there doesn't seem to be that file in the correct spot on the webserver mod folder structure. I'm not sure what it's meant to be doing, but appears to be missing on this release.

visitmap with the check param will create that file in the main folder of the server. It will tell you where to run the rcd command to fix densities :)

visitmap with the check param will create that file in the main folder of the server. It will tell you where to run the rcd command to fix densities :)
I'm not sure what visit with check param means, guess I'll visit the documentation and see if that helps. Thx

I'm not sure what visit with check param means, guess I'll visit the documentation and see if that helps. Thx

in console:

visitmap -512 -512 511 511 check

that would scan the 4 regions around 0,0 and generate the json file in the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder (at least on windows).

I moved that file into the \Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering\webserver folder and then it shows up on the webmap

densitymismatch.jpg

You'll probably want to edit map.js and change var downloadCsv = true; to var downloadCsv = false; if you don't want it popping up a download for the files ;)

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

in console:

visitmap -512 -512 511 511 check

that would scan the 4 regions around 0,0 and generate the json file in the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder (at least on windows).

I moved that file into the \Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering\webserver folder and then it shows up on the webmap

You'll probably want to edit map.js and change var downloadCsv = true; to var downloadCsv = false; if you don't want it popping up a download for the files ;)

Is this a new feature since 16.1 -> 16.2 version of this server fix mod? Where did you get those instructions?

Nothing is popping up, it's just an error that's displayed when the webmap is visited, after the update to the 16.2 version of the server fix mod was applied.

Thanks for your help, but yeah not sure I need all that on my current friends server.

I get the same error when I hit the map, never had this error in the 16.1 version of the code

2017-08-05T22:45:32 46517.646 INF Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/densitymismatch.json" @ "C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die Dedicated Server\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/densitymismatch.json"

I only see an INFormation line there, no error. So no issue :)

Error in a command from Coppi's mod -> error in Coppi's mod obviously ;)

He already fixed it though as far as I'm aware.

Minor error on the 16.2 version, running on dedi 16.2 on windows10: From log on startup: Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/densitymismatch.json" @ "C:\SteamCMD\TS-a16.2\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/densitymismatch.json"

Doesn't seem to have any obvious effect.

Okay, how do I eliminate this INFormation line, and why has it only developed from the 16.1->16.2 changes?

Minor error on the 16.2 version, running on dedi 16.2 on windows10: From log on startup: Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/densitymismatch.json" @ "C:\SteamCMD\TS-a16.2\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/densitymismatch.json"

Doesn't seem to have any obvious effect.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12837-Improvements-for-the-dedicated-server&p=711289&viewfull=1#post711289

It's not an error, it's just telling you that the file isn't there. Atm at least, you have to manually copy the file generated by visitmap into the webserver folder (or set up a symlink to it).

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

On windows, try this in a command prompt with run as admin:

cd to Allocs_WebAndMapRendering\webserver folder

mklink densitymismatch.json "..\..\..\densitymismatch.json"

That creates a symlink so trying to open the json in webserver will open the file in the root game folder.

then you won't need to move anything ;)

^You could also make a junction to that parent folder and have all the files.

heh, not sure I would want all the exe and dll files available for download from the game server :p

I did add a symlink to the Prefabs folder on Guppy's prefab server so you can export and then download the file ;)

If the error annoys you, you can always place an empty file in the proper spot named densitymismatch.json

As soon as it sees the file, it will no longer throw the error.

Naww, the only thing that was annoying was not understanding what was wrong. :smile-new:

Can you explain like I am 5 on what the purpose of the densitymismatch.json file is for and why you would want to generate it and move it to the webserver folder?

Thank you for your time and information.

it identifies blocks that have density that isn't within the accepted range for that block type.

It appears a lot of them are contained within prefabs.

You could then run the rcd (repair chunk density) command on each affected area to fix the densities

it identifies blocks that have density that isn't within the accepted range for that block type.

It appears a lot of them are contained within prefabs.

You could then run the rcd (repair chunk density) command on each affected area to fix the densities

Thank you kind sir.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12837-Improvements-for-the-dedicated-server&p=711289&viewfull=1#post711289

It's not an error, it's just telling you that the file isn't there. Atm at least, you have to manually copy the file generated by visitmap into the webserver folder (or set up a symlink to it).

I guess my issue is introduction of an 'error' line in a new version without any explanation and I don't want to be the one complaining about a free enhancement. I guess that is just the nature of the beast, there seems to be a hole in that side of the project. THanks for your input.

On a related note, is there a way to correct the timezone for last played? As it seems it's wrong for a my local timezone and thus shows people as not being on for hours when they've just logged off.

On a related note, is there a way to correct the timezone for last played? As it seems it's wrong for a my local timezone and thus shows people as not being on for hours when they've just logged off.

In players.js

function prettyDate(date){
 var diff = (((new Date()).getTime() - date.getTime()) / 1000),

the new Date() will be your local time, the date var will be whatever the server timezone is

for my work stuff I work with everything in UTC then use local browser time for display only. That's the easiest way I know to fix it, but that would require the data from allocs mod to return UTC dates.

Is there a special thread for the webmap? I haven't found one.

For the webmap i'd have two suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to set Waypoints on the webmap, visible to all other viewers? Markers need to be only visible on the webmap, not ingame. Also nice would be if the ingame markers are shown on the webmap.

2) Would it be possible to visualize the heatmap as an overlay in the webmap?

the new Date() will be your local time, the date var will be whatever the server timezone is

Actually the mod has always been using UTC, just JS didn't know it when reading it ;)

Added the missing "Z" to the time now.

Is there a special thread for the webmap? I haven't found one.

Nope, it's part of the mod so this is the thread for it :)

1) Would it be possible to set Waypoints on the webmap, visible to all other viewers? Markers need to be only visible on the webmap, not ingame. Also nice would be if the ingame markers are shown on the webmap.

Technically yes, but not sure if that's going to happen. This whole thing is still targeted as an administration interface, end-user support by permission levels is just a minor additional feature of it ;)

Will put it on my list though, as soon as there's a DB (wouldn't really work properly without one after all) in the backend I'll think about it again.

2) Would it be possible to visualize the heatmap as an overlay in the webmap?

Hm, never looked into how the heatmap works but this definitely should be possible. Actually like the idea. On my list :)