Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Thanks for the reply , and as a final question ( i hope ) Has anyone done a key to the map ? ie biome colors , what building they are when you look down from the map ect ?

Sorry, not sure what you're asking for here? You mean a legend for the colors and text labels on POIs?

Know what would be cool? If you could put steamid.png files in a folder, and instead of the little icon you get shown the custom icon instead.

I say it would be cool because irc Eek did it for me, and it was cool. Unfortunately he hasn't updated it, so I'm back to the regular icons.

Sorry, not sure what you're asking for here? You mean a legend for the colors and text labels on POIs?

Yes, sorry that is what i ment :)

And is there anyway on your live map to show the wolfs ? as i cant seem to find that. it shows the zombies , but just never shows dog, wolfs ect.

Thanks

Edited by AdrianVaughan (see edit history)

Know what would be cool? If you could put steamid.png files in a folder, and instead of the little icon you get shown the custom icon instead.

What little icon? No idea what you're talking about ^^

Not that I would know of anything like that.

What little icon? No idea what you're talking about ^^

Instead of little black men to represent people on the map, custom icons based on the steamid, so if there is a steamid.png file it would show the appropriate png. Mine would be 77234324235325324.png or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, it's cool. =)

And is there anyway on your live map to show the wolfs ? as i cant seem to find that. it shows the zombies , but just never shows dog, wolfs ect.

Thanks

In Hostiles.cs I changed the following:

if (entity.entityType == EntityType.Zombie) {
 EntityEnemy ee = (EntityEnemy)entity;

if (ee.IsAlive ())
 lst.Add (ee);
}

to

if (ee != null)
{

if (ee.IsAlive())
   lst.Add(ee);
}

That way all hostiles show up. You could do any type filtering in the js if you wanted to split the list.

if (ee != null)
{

if (ee.IsAlive())
   lst.Add(ee);
}

That will give you exceptions all the time, most likely impacting performance (you can't just cast everything to EntityEnemy, that's not how casting works ;) ).

Btw, that bug (as well as a bunch of other stuff) is fixed in the latest release.

That will give you exceptions all the time, most likely impacting performance (you can't just cast everything to EntityEnemy, that's not how casting works ;) ).

Btw, that bug (as well as a bunch of other stuff) is fixed in the latest release.

heh ok fair point.

Edit: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/keywords/as

according to docs using as should be fine?

Misread what I had typed, thought I had used entity as EntityEnemy, my mistake :)

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

Yeah, "as" is ok :)

(Not applying in this speicifc case) Though if the casted value is not used (e.g. for adding to a list) I'd still recommend using just "is" as I suppose the actual cast will still increase the cost ;)

I install new version of mod rev. 307 (13_15_20) (2017-08-02) and have error in my log:

[TABLE]

[TR=class: Exception]

[TD=class: logcol_uptime][/TD]

[TD=class: logcol_type]Exception[/TD]

[TD=class: logcol_msg]MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Vector2i.Equals'.

AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRendering+c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All looks ok, but now on map over webbrowser I don't see update of new discovery map, any idea how to fix?

Hi Alloc, Just loaded the A16.2 update on my hosted dedicated server along with your server fixes and get the following in the outputlog. Map looks to be ok, just concerned about the errors.

2017-08-05T01:18:35 11.949 INF StartGame done

2017-08-05T01:18:36 13.013 INF [steamworks.NET] GameServer.Init successful

2017-08-05T01:18:38 14.269 INF [steamworks.NET] GameServer.LogOn successful, SteamID=90110342025007112

2017-08-05T01:18:39 15.067 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/luzhou/shenbao/"

2017-08-05T01:18:42 18.741 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/dalian/lifan/pabmdcigf"

2017-08-05T01:19:13 49.470 INF Steam certificate error: RemoteCertificateChainErrors

2017-08-05T01:19:14 50.501 INF Steam OpenID login from 110.141.197.71:8257 with ID 76561197995221683, permission level 0

2017-08-05T01:19:15 51.043 INF Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/densitymismatch.json" @ "D:\TCAFiles\Users\PeterL\4636\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/densitymismatch.json"

2017-08-05T01:19:48 84.137 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): No handler found for path "/shangrao/fudi/soa1t60"

How is it possible to get the map to work with a windows server? All I get is errors, or is their another map that can be used and works with windows 10

"It doesn't work" will never get you any help (Windows isn't the problem here though, most 7dtd servers run on Windows)

Hi Alloc, Just loaded the A16.2 update on my hosted dedicated server along with your server fixes and get the following in the outputlog. Map looks to be ok, just concerned about the errors.

Just someone probing your server for certain paths, nothing special. Reminds me though that I should probably disable that output, doesn't really serve any purpose other than debugging :)

I say it would be cool because irc Eek did it for me, and it was cool. Unfortunately he hasn't updated it, so I'm back to the regular icons.

Hah, we tried after we had 3000 players on the server.. whenever someone connected to the map, everything would freeze up as it was downloading thousands of player icons (offline players too). We canned it in the end, couldn't get it to run fast.

Just someone probing your server for certain paths, nothing special. Reminds me though that I should probably disable that output, doesn't really serve any purpose other than debugging :)

I get the same error when I hit the map, never had this error in the 16.1 version of the code

2017-08-05T22:45:32 46517.646 INF Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/densitymismatch.json" @ "C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die Dedicated Server\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/densitymismatch.json"

in the map.js file there is this code:

$.getJSON("densitymismatch.json")
.done(setDensityMarkers)
.fail(function(jqxhr, textStatus, error) {
	console.log("Error fetching density mismatch list");
});

Which there doesn't seem to be in 16.1 and there doesn't seem to be that file in the correct spot on the webserver mod folder structure. I'm not sure what it's meant to be doing, but appears to be missing on this release.