Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

23 minutes ago, Deadsimon said:

is there any documentation on this webapi, as i cant seem to find much about it that isnt CSM or catalyst.

No, the only official "documentation" is the backend and frontend code of the mod.

Also note that with A21 that version of the mod will be deprecated (i.e. only supported in it's current state for A21, probably with A22 at latest will no longer work) as A21 will get a vanilla implementation. The first versions won't have the full featureset of my mod (anything requiring the persistency file is not yet supported) so that's why some people might want to keep running the old mod in parallel for the time being.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, Alloc said:

No, the only official "documentation" is the backend and frontend code of the mod.

Also note that with A21 that version of the mod will be deprecated (i.e. only supported in it's current state for A21, probably with A22 at latest will no longer work) as A21 will get a vanilla implementation. The first versions won't have the full featureset of my mod (anything requiring the persistency file is not yet supported) so that's why some people might want to keep running the old mod in parallel for the time being.

I have spent most of the day tearing it apart for my development and it works well

My friend and i have made an application that gets the player locations from the webapi and checks them against home coordinates and move the user either to the inside home channel(discord) or outside channel for a sort of faux positional audio setup. (we know mumble is almost here but we don't really want to move from discord)

We tested it tonight with 6 people and it ran flawlessly and took about 50ms once you crossed the boundary to move you to the inside channel. 

We have intentions to break up the map into chunks and have hidden discord channels. Essentially just expanding what we've done. 

Alloc is there  anyway you could share the source code for the command function mod and command ext? 

As I spent today rummaging around the Web api, I would be more then happy to put that knowledge to use and write some documentation up.

8 hours ago, Deadsimon said:

(we know mumble is almost here ...)

Oh, was that announced already? But you can actually use it now already if you want, it's available as a mod for A20 ;)

Alloc is there  anyway you could share the source code for the command function mod and command ext? 

Not sure what exactly you mean. All of the mod's source is available through the as linked from the doc page: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server fixes

If you meant something else please let me know :)