Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

So, what does the log say after a login attempt?

Hello Alloc,

I see this in the std.log

2017-07-20T09:07:28 131856.251 INF Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/favicon.ico" @ "/home/drack-server/7_days_to_die_1/Mods/Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/favicon.ico"

2017-07-20T09:07:33 131861.984 INF Steam certificate error: RemoteCertificateChainErrors

2017-07-20T09:07:34 131862.942 INF Steam OpenID login from 192.168.1.6:52394 with ID #######<My Steam ID>, permission level 0

Thanks.

EDIT:

That is when I try to log in over the network (it is on my local network).

I just tried using my external IP address and it actually worked!

So it must be something about the local access that isn't working.

I don't have a static IP from my ISP, but at least I can find out my IP and access the map anytime that way.

SO sorry for bothering you Alloc.. Cheers.

Edited by Dracknar (see edit history)

Hello (sorry for being new to forums)

My friend has been running a 7dtd server for awhile now - we just started to get issues with greifers/jerks - and wanted to use a admin tool to help fix things..

he downloaded this one last night - and it seems its saving he server config file in A15 format, not A16 format.. which causes issues where the server wont reboot properly or start properly using this tool.. (seems it messes up the settings file)

Also - he uses a UI mod to display food/water level bars next to health/stamnia..

seems this tool when installed caused a issue where the mod broke?? (im not 100% sure how)

just that we had to fresh instal the mod, and recopy the backup manually to restore the game - without the tool..

Figured id drop a notice.. given that we fixed the server, but are now wondering if we can still use this (or another) tool to help keep things running.

thanks for any help

Dune

Install on existing server running in Docker and Ubuntu 16.04

Hello!

I have an existing 7dtd server (a16) which is running inside a Docker container (Didstopia's server: https://github.com/Didstopia/7dtd-server) and I would like to install your mods, mainly for the additional admin commands and the automated backups. However the installation tree is quite different than your installation instructions ("root" inside the container runs the game which is installed within /steamcmd/7dtd) and I'm having trouble getting started on where to install the programs/scripts.

Any assistance in getting me on the right trail would be greatly appreciated!

Please let me know if I need to provide more information to assist in the directions.

Hutch

Hi,

My map isn't in sync with the server. We've just started a new game, Day 1 at 7:20am and the server map shows Day 12 at 22:10pm. How do I fix this? Have the game and the server fixes on the latest releases and only use a basic UI mod in the game.

I noticed my map and admins files weren't loading. After reviewing the log, I notice the config files are being loaded from /home/sdtd/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/

Did this change in Alpha 16? is there a way to configure where these files are loaded from? I tried to specify the full path in the config.xml, but it still tried to find the file in .local.

Debian 8.

Have you tried updating Alloc's scripts?

7dtd.sh updatescripts

Same thing happened to me, updating scripts fixed it.

getting this every time i restart server, i am running the whole mod. i think one part is botman doing commands in telnet before server is fully up partly, other part looks like the map render

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.558 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.Byte[]].Add (System.String key, System.Byte[] value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.AddIcon (System.String _name, UnityEngine.Texture2D _tex, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _tintedIcons) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.LoadIcons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler:LoadIcons()
MapRendering.API:GameStartDone()
ModManager:GameStartDone()
IH:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.647 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.Byte[]].Add (System.String key, System.Byte[] value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.AddIcon (System.String _name, UnityEngine.Texture2D _tex, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _tintedIcons) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.LoadIcons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.795 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.804 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.814 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.890 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

the server comes up and everything seems to be running fine after tho

Alloc: Is there gonna be a new Server_fixes release?

Sure, next one will probably be a really minor one though (improving the item spawn commands, hopefully getting all the enemies / animals showing correctly again).

Alloc, Any chance you might add SSH support? Using telnet and sending passwords in clear-text just makes me really nervous

Nope. For one the only full .NET SSH library I found costs a ton. And it would probably be quite heavy on the engine. Anyway, you're free to add one yourself. Hooking whatever you find up with the game shouldn't be hard, basically just implement the IConsoleServer interface.

I see this in the std.log

2017-07-20T09:07:28 131856.251 INF Web:Static:FileNotFound: "/static/favicon.ico" @ "/home/drack-server/7_days_to_die_1/Mods/Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/webserver/favicon.ico"

2017-07-20T09:07:33 131861.984 INF Steam certificate error: RemoteCertificateChainErrors

2017-07-20T09:07:34 131862.942 INF Steam OpenID login from 192.168.1.6:52394 with ID #######<My Steam ID>, permission level 0

That's all normal, should be fine.

That is when I try to log in over the network (it is on my local network).

I just tried using my external IP address and it actually worked!

Hm, that's interesting. Always testing this stuff on my local network only ... Can you give me more details on what you do when it does not work? Is it really just like having the dedi on IP X, you on IP Y, then you enter http://X:8082/ in your browser and the login fails?

I noticed today that the browser map isn't showing icons for spawned wolves and boars. Do you intend to update the browser map to show them?

See first answer above ;)

Hello (sorry for being new to forums)

IIRC it's not forbidden to be new here ;)

he downloaded this one last night - and it seems its saving he server config file in A15 format, not A16 format.. which causes issues where the server wont reboot properly or start properly using this tool.. (seems it messes up the settings file)

Also - he uses a UI mod to display food/water level bars next to health/stamnia..

seems this tool when installed caused a issue where the mod broke?? (im not 100% sure how)

just that we had to fresh instal the mod, and recopy the backup manually to restore the game - without the tool..

The mod does not change how the server is set up or anything, there definitely is no such thing as a changed server config file format. Providing a log of when it fails to start with the mod might help figuring out what's going wrong.

Also, the mod does not have any impact on XML mods, there must be a different issue at hand here.

I have an existing 7dtd server (a16) which is running inside a Docker container (Didstopia's server: https://github.com/Didstopia/7dtd-server) and I would like to install your mods, mainly for the additional admin commands and the automated backups. However the installation tree is quite different than your installation instructions ("root" inside the container runs the game which is installed within /steamcmd/7dtd) and I'm having trouble getting started on where to install the programs/scripts.

Hm, are you really talking about the server mod or are you referring to the management scripts for Linux? Those two are vastly different things.

The mod does not have any impact on the normal game, it only adds stuff. It really shouldn't give you any problems.

The management scripts on the other hand are meant to take control over the management (i.e. updates, instances, starting/stopping etc) of the server. Not meant as an addition to an already fully set up environment like that Docker thing. I don't think it would be easy to get my scripts running with that environment without changing a lot of the interna, at least a bunch of paths and stuff in the different scripts.

My map isn't in sync with the server. We've just started a new game, Day 1 at 7:20am and the server map shows Day 12 at 22:10pm. How do I fix this? Have the game and the server fixes on the latest releases and only use a basic UI mod in the game.

I don't see how this would be possible at all. Are you sure you're looking at the right map and not maybe a different server instance running on the same host?

getting this every time i restart server, i am running the whole mod. i think one part is botman doing commands in telnet before server is fully up partly, other part looks like the map render

2017-07-22T07:12:02 31.558 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

the server comes up and everything seems to be running fine after tho

Only seeing that same error reported a bunch of times here. Are you running any item/block mods? Or any folder in the Mods folder contains an ItemIcons folder? If either, can you send me the stuff so I can try to replicate the issue on my end?

Hello Alloc, would it be possible to add a physics map / log that logs the physics activity on chunks / regions on the map?

basically count for blocks that transform into block falling in a particular region / chunk and write it down somewhere every few minutes.

We have constantly players that let mines and buildings collapse, lagging the whole server. But its quite hard to find out who is going that and where.

That would be very helpful.

Hm, that's interesting. Always testing this stuff on my local network only ... Can you give me more details on what you do when it does not work? Is it really just like having the dedi on IP X, you on IP Y, then you enter http://X:8082/ in your browser and the login fails?

Hey Alloc,

Yes, it is as simple as that. my Linux server is running the game on IP X.

as you list.. I bring up the address, it loads the map, but won't progress to login successfully.

I can locally access things like the web console just fine.

I have the portforwarding on my router obviously doing what it needs to though, so at least I can access it via my external Internet IP (not a big deal to locate it.. it is dynamic).

I'm happy I can at least access it that way!

Thank you Alloc for you work with serverfixes!

I am having a problem a problem with the /api/getplayersonline with A16.1 and using versions:

Allocs command extensions: 12

Allocs server fixes: 14

Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface: 19

The server is throwing this error when the api url is hit:

ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getplayersonline threw an exception:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EntityAlive.get_Stamina'.

Thanks again!

Hello Alloc, would it be possible to add a physics map / log that logs the physics activity on chunks / regions on the map?

basically count for blocks that transform into block falling in a particular region / chunk and write it down somewhere every few minutes.

Theoretically probably yes, but I think this could add even more overhead to the performance issues with those events. I'd rather look at why it's so bad on performance in the first place and optimize the code there than spending time adding such thing to the mod / game ;)

Yes, it is as simple as that. my Linux server is running the game on IP X.

as you list.. I bring up the address, it loads the map, but won't progress to login successfully.

Hm, really weird. Tested that same thing here just now and I still can't repro it unfortunately :(

I am having a problem a problem with the /api/getplayersonline with A16.1 and using versions:

Ah yeah, that's definitely an A16 issue, will be fixed in an update these days.

@Alloc

maybe default disabled and re-enabled when needed.

when someone digs into a lake or his mine collapses, theres so much going on. even the best optimization wont gain much performance, thats why it would be helpful to see where its happening so server operators can delete / work on those chunks / regions before people leave because its too laggy.

Only seeing that same error reported a bunch of times here. Are you running any item/block mods? Or any folder in the Mods folder contains an ItemIcons folder? If either, can you send me the stuff so I can try to replicate the issue on my end?

running valmod only. so yea theres his icons and smx ui icons in folder

Edited by Alloc (see edit history)

I don't see how this would be possible at all. Are you sure you're looking at the right map and not maybe a different server instance running on the same host?

Figured out the webserver wasn't even starting, changed the ports and it works now. My only issue now is that in the settings the control panel port is set for 8082 but the webserver starts on 8084. I've brought this up with the host because I can't get into the remote console, they couldn't figure it out and instead told me the remote console must be a legacy feature that doesn't exist anymore.

Figured out the webserver wasn't even starting, changed the ports and it works now. My only issue now is that in the settings the control panel port is set for 8082 but the webserver starts on 8084. I've brought this up with the host because I can't get into the remote console, they couldn't figure it out and instead told me the remote console must be a legacy feature that doesn't exist anymore.

Well, if you configure your server to have the control panel on 8082 then it's obvious the web map is on 8084 (as per the documentation) ;)

Both the game's control panel and the "Telnet" interface still exist though.