Khelldon's Modlets

Khelldon

Hey thanks for awesome mods. But I can't use the get horny mod on linux dedicated server. Can it be I'm doing something wrong? All other mods run fine and the logs show that your mod is loaded. But if I use the horn on bicycle or motorcycle I don't hear anything. The server doesn't seem to load the resource right. The file is located under . Any help or clue would be highly appreciated.

Since it uses a resource both client and the server must have the mod installed for it to work.

- - - Updated - - -

I went through each UMA in archetypes and set their skin colors to the brightest one.

you can do a mass search and replace. I find these are much brighter.

On this line for every zombie in the archetypes.xml

<archetype name="ZombieBob" male="true" hair_color="34,31,30" eye_color="100,110,115" skin_color="135,205,255" type="Zombie" stance="Like" voice_set="trader">

replace all the values in skin_color to this

skin_color="135,205,255"

That will make their skin look more greyish than black. you will have to do that for each one though

hey that's a great idea. I will add that to my todo list.

Modlet Added!

Get Piggy!

About: This is a very simple modlet that adds the old pink pigs of past alphas back into the game.

This little piggy went to the markets

This little piggy stayed home

This little piggy had roast beef

This little piggy had none

And

This little pig died turned into a zombie and ate all the other pigs yum yum yum lol.

Great work Khelldon once again

3 new modlets added!

About: This is a very simple modlet that increases the scale of the buck and the doe. I always felt they were way too small, this modlet fixes that. Does are 25% bigger and Bucks 10% bigger.

About: This is a very simple modlet that adds baby bears into the game where ever regular bears are spawned. Baby bears are just scaled down bears but docile until attacked like a boar.

About: This is a very simple modlet that adds Bears to the Screamer group. Sometimes instead of a screamer, a bear will come. Bears roar will attract a horde. This mod can be quite fun as the screamer bears often will attack their own horde. :-)

Screamer Bears now have their own skins. Don't worry it won't overwrite the default bears, this adds a new kind of bear with a new skin.

fFpwwN7.png

Screamerbears are not working on our dedicated server getting the error 'did not find 'extends' entity 'animalBear'

-edit- the babybears are giving the same error.

Screamerbears are not working on our dedicated server getting the error 'did not find 'extends' entity 'animalBear'

-edit- the babybears are giving the same error.

That's odd. Do you have any other modlets that may remove the vanilla bear? Other than that maybe because the screamer bear uses a unity3d package for the skin you need to have the mod installed on both server side and client side. It wont push unity3d packages.

The baby bears push on our server fine... btw, can the baby bear's roar volume be reduced?

The screamer bear works fine IF the mod is installed on all client systems. I was going to look and see if the screamer beat could just use the default bear skin so it can be pushed on servers.

If I get it working I'll post the variation here.

Big Update: Bad Company UMA zeds.

Features:

- All duplicates removed

- UMA zombies now spawn everywhere, sleepers, screamer hordes, horde night, specific poi, etc..

- Zombie skins brightened

Important: I've changed the files used in this mod, in order for it to function properly you must delete the old mod first before you install the new one.

Big Update: Bad Company UMA zeds.

Features:

- All duplicates removed

- UMA zombies now spawn everywhere, sleepers, screamer hordes, horde night, specific poi, etc..

- Zombie skins brightened

Important: I've changed the files used in this mod, in order for it to function properly you must delete the old mod first before you install the new one.

First of all happy new year Khelldon, thanks for updating this modlet.

Is it possible to use it along with other modlets that also edit spawning.xml? for example, i use Xajar_WorldSpawning_CC a modlet that increase wilderness spawn and wandering horde size. However it's not spawning UMA zombies, only regular ones.

Moon;920075']First of all happy new year Khelldon, thanks for updating this modlet.

Is it possible to use it along with other modlets that also edit spawning.xml? for example, i use Xajar_WorldSpawning_CC a modlet that increase wilderness spawn and wandering horde size. However it's not spawning UMA zombies, only regular ones.

Now that I've updated it you can use it with any modlet that alters the spawning. Part of this update was removing the calls to the zeds in spawning.xml, instead now they are added to all the default groups. Shouldn't have any conflicts with this method. If the modlet alters spawning and entity groups then it may end up bypassing the uma zombies.

Just a word of warning... clients connecting to a server with this will have to download the world again for some reason... the game progress isn't reset, but for some reason the original world created is slightly different when you add this.

Just a word of warning... clients connecting to a server with this will have to download the world again for some reason... the game progress isn't reset, but for some reason the original world created is slightly different when you add this.

Sorry, which modlet is causing that?

That makes zero sense. Only getting greener even touches Rwg.

Sorry, which modlet is causing that?

The only mod I added was the update for the uma zombies. I shut the server down, updated the uma zombie mod, and then started it back up.

Everyone connecting had to redownload the world, but everything appears fine. Maybe adding the uma to other zed groups caused a mismatch for the world, necessitating the redownload?

Something else we all saw with it added was a framerate drop of about 10 fps or more. We are up to like day 48, so it could be natural for the larger wandering hordes, or bigger screamer groups.

I'll try removing it tomorrow, and see if I need to redownload the world again after the change, and see if I see the framerates improve.

I'll report back my findings.

Make sure you all set your UMA textures down to lowest setting when using these. They used to cripple our server if enough people logged in. Also there's a way to pre render the UMA textures. If you add them to your UMA Textures folder in Data they will take up less resources. But they need to be extracted first from the game and resized down to a more reasonable size. Their default sizes are 4096 per texture and there are over 100 textures on dem zeds lol

I'm wondering if the update to rat forced the redownload? I seem to recall it being updated the same day as the uma update.

Question: The uma settings are used for players as well, aren't they? Won't turning down the uma texture setting make them look less desirable?

I'll try removing the uma completely and look at performance, and then also try them with the lowest texture setting as well.

....I'd really like to keep them because they are sort of old legacy friends, but if they have to look too low res or impact performance, then they aren't worth retaining.

I'm wondering if the update to rat forced the redownload? I seem to recall it being updated the same day as the uma update.

Question: The uma settings are used for players as well, aren't they? Won't turning down the uma texture setting make them look less desirable?

I'll try removing the uma completely and look at performance, and then also try them with the lowest texture setting as well.

....I'd really like to keep them because they are sort of old legacy friends, but if they have to look too low res or impact performance, then they aren't worth retaining.

I've definitely noticed the cpu hit with the UMA zombies. I do what Jax suggested and yeah they don't look as good but it's either that or not using them. The great thing about modlets is that it is really easy to remove em if you dont want them anymore and if you change your mind they are easy to put back into the game.

I don't see how they'd be connected to a server map redownload but I don't know dedicated servers too well. I'm guessing it was something else or a random bug. pretty sure it wasn't the zombies as they don't alter the map. :-)

I tried removing then and adding them back, and it looks like the game pulled nearby sleepers from the zombie pool... I'd got device the uma, it starts tossing out stroes because our can't find the umas that it populated pois with. I didn't go into any to see if it was empty, and I hurdy put them back in and lowered uma settings. The horde night seemed fine framerate wise.

I tried removing then and adding them back, and it looks like the game pulled nearby sleepers from the zombie pool... I'd got device the uma, it starts tossing out stroes because our can't find the umas that it populated pois with. I didn't go into any to see if it was empty, and I hurdy put them back in and lowered uma settings. The horde night seemed fine framerate wise.

That is odd. For a local game it seems disabling them doesn't cause this same issue. Must be something different about dedicated servers. I'm glad turning the texture quality down worked out for you. Thank you so much for the feedback :-)

My pleasure, and thanks for the hard work! I'm considering turning the uma texture up one notch to see if performance is impacted much.

The only issues we are seeing is the stagger animation when you stun them doesn't seem to be working, when they fall sometimes thru can slide towards you and take a whack at you before getting up (we pretend that's an intended play mechanic), the vehicles just pass through them and don't hit them, ...and when you kill one in a doorway you can't pass through them like the standard zombies, and have to wait for them to res out.

I'm wondering if the standard zombies have some additional entries in xml that can just be added to them?

Since there are so many uma, it might also be good to reduce to possibility of a zombie spawn to be a uma... that would increase performance, and more complex would have those missing broken features.

Maybe we can talk faatal into adding these properties to the uma code, ....if they are hard coded?

I asked in the main discussion thread if faatal could add the missing features that the uma zombies don't have.. I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Also, are these missing from the uma zombies code?

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2roam"/>

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2alert"/>

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2attack"/>

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2pain"/>

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2death"/>

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female2/zombiefemale2sense"/>

I think the random and alert sounds were added so we didn't get sucker punched with silent zombies.

(Just guessing)

I'm trying to compare the uma and vanilla xmls myself to see if I can figure out the vehicle collision, the sliding sucker punch, and not being able to walk through them.

Another pair of eye can't hurt. I also need to see if I can locate my zombie clown uma figures. I *think* I posted them in stompy's old uma zombie repository thread.

It also looks like this might be missing from the umas:

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value=".5, 1.35"/>

Thats just from one example, but it looks like they now have an aggro speed in addition to the regular walk speed. (I might be wrong, but I don't recall that open before.)

It also looks like tougher zeds have a loot drop boost:

<property name="LootDropProb" value=".03"/> <!-- Radiated -->

Maybe some of the tougher umas deserve this boost as well?

I'm also wondering if the mesh entry has something to do with vehicle collision? I think its a17 specific and It might be a ghost mesh just used for physics. If thats the case, we would probably have to just find the closest match to each uma to enable the collision, and that might also fix the dead body obstacles as well.

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardYoRagdoll"/>

Thoughts??

BTW, has anyone confirmed the baby boomers and suicide mole explosion is working? I haven't seen either asplode yet.

My pleasure, and thanks for the hard work! I'm considering turning the uma texture up one notch to see if performance is impacted much.

The only issues we are seeing is the stagger animation when you stun them doesn't seem to be working, when they fall sometimes thru can slide towards you and take a whack at you before getting up (we pretend that's an intended play mechanic), the vehicles just pass through them and don't hit them, ...and when you kill one in a doorway you can't pass through them like the standard zombies, and have to wait for them to res out.

I'm wondering if the standard zombies have some additional entries in xml that can just be added to them?

Since there are so many uma, it might also be good to reduce to possibility of a zombie spawn to be a uma... that would increase performance, and more complex would have those missing broken features.

Maybe we can talk faatal into adding these properties to the uma code, ....if they are hard coded?

I hear you. They aren't perfect. I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure these problems out. I came to the conclusion that most of it is hardcoded and won't change. I think you can't run them over so you can't run your friends over. A lot of the way they behave is due to that we're faking the player model into the zombies mechanics. As a little spoiler though, I am developing a whole crap load of new zombies, not UMA ones. I will release them later when we sort out how to do it will the dll changes needed, but without sdx. :-) So something to look forward to as far as new zombies (and animals)

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 INF 4530.832 SleeperVolume 62, 47, 3068. Restoring at 83, 47, 3069 'valZombieChildFemale'

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 ERR Entity.CreateEntity: unknown type (1605874785)

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 ERR Spawn class 1605874785 is null

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.227 INF 4530.891 SleeperVolume 62, 47, 3068. Restoring at 75, 47, 3075 'valZombieChildFemale'

After removing from server, I'm receiving tons of errors as the server is still trying to spawn them. Any idea on removal?

Edit: UMA ZOMBIES

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 INF 4530.832 SleeperVolume 62, 47, 3068. Restoring at 83, 47, 3069 'valZombieChildFemale'

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 ERR Entity.CreateEntity: unknown type (1605874785)

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.166 ERR Spawn class 1605874785 is null

2019-01-05 13:39:57 4551.227 INF 4530.891 SleeperVolume 62, 47, 3068. Restoring at 75, 47, 3075 'valZombieChildFemale'

After removing from server, I'm receiving tons of errors as the server is still trying to spawn them. Any idea on removal?

Edit: UMA ZOMBIES

Yeah, I mentioned the same thing earlier. just ignore them, I think, leave the chunk and re enter. I think it'll repopulate the sleepers with the standard zombies.

I hear you. They aren't perfect. I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure these problems out. I came to the conclusion that most of it is hardcoded and won't change. I think you can't run them over so you can't run your friends over. A lot of the way they behave is due to that we're faking the player model into the zombies mechanics. As a little spoiler though, I am developing a whole crap load of new zombies, not UMA ones. I will release them later when we sort out how to do it will the dll changes needed, but without sdx. :-) So something to look forward to as far as new zombies (and animals)

FWIW, I do zbrush sculpting as a hobby, and would be happy to do some detail work on them. If Faatal is willing and can work the uma fixes in to his schedule, they might work as normal a17 zombies do.

If nothing else it was good to at least see them in for a bit... but we seriously need some zed variety without them.

Maybe we can just export the vanilla models, reskin them, and add them back in?

Yeah, I mentioned the same thing earlier. just ignore them, I think, leave the chunk and re enter. I think it'll repopulate the sleepers with the standard zombies.

For sure, I want to ignore them but it drives cpu usage up 20% when it starts doing it, for a few minutes at a time (sometimes).

Archived