Khelldon's Modlets

Khelldon

I'll give some feedback as soon as I meet one, and die probably :) Not been able to try yet, got that bug where I cant access my minibike.. Been trying forever to fix that. its just sitting at a trader, full of all the loot from a couple awesome prefabs. Getting the "presss e to access" text, but nothing happens. So annoying after a couple hours in lootheaven:p Gave up finally and gonna go walk my dog and then out looking for bears :)

I'm SO glad uma zombies are back! I really missed the variety. Did you ever figure out vehicle collision with them?

Also, are the uma zombies used for sleepers, or are they all just vanilla? (Not sure I want to see a poi full of baby boomers...)

Can confirm from the shriek of my wife that baby boomers can indeed be sleepers

Can confirm from the shriek of my wife that baby boomers can indeed be sleepers

Best reply ever! LOL!

Question: Can the screamer bears be changed to be pushed by a server? As it is, the mod needs to be installed on all systems connecting to a server. (I could see the screamer bear, but on my wife's system without the mod installed, they are invisible.) (Using the original bear's skin would work, but I like the new screamer bear skin.)

Also, unlike the vanilla zombies, you have to navigate around the uma zombies laying on the ground. Can they be set to not be an obstacle you need to navigate around?

Best reply ever! LOL!

Question: Can the screamer bears be changed to be pushed by a server? As it is, the mod needs to be installed on all systems connecting to a server. (I could see the screamer bear, but on my wife's system without the mod installed, they are invisible.) (Using the original bear's skin would work, but I like the new screamer bear skin.)

Also, unlike the vanilla zombies, you have to navigate around the uma zombies laying on the ground. Can they be set to not be an obstacle you need to navigate around?

yeah sorry there isn't a way to push the resources on a server that I know of. What do you mean by they are an obstacle you have to navigate around?

Hi, loving your work! I added the UMA Zombies to my game and it all seemed to work fine, I had new zombies showing up. I then got the baby crawler spawn and decided I didn't want that in game, too creepy. So I went into the entity classes file and tried to delete the baby and child zombies. Loaded the game back up and initially the new zombies continued to spawn but after the initial few that I got they have now stopped spawning. I really want to keep this in game as it does add some much needed variety but I dont want the child or baby zombies. Did I mess something up deleting the details in the entity classes file? This is the bit I removed and the same for the child one.. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all this modlet stuff!

<entity_class name="badZombieBaby" extends="badZombieUMA">

<!-- Add the Tags so zombies can be run over -->

<property name="Tags" value="zombie,walker"/>

<property name="Archetype" value="ZombieBaby"/>

<property name="MaxHealth" value="60"/>

<property name="Class" value="EntityZombie"/>

<property name="WalkType" value="8"/>

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false"/>

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Spider_Zombie/spiderroam"/>

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Spider_Zombie/spideralert"/>

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutattack"/>

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutpain"/>

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutdeath"/>

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutsense"/>

</entity_class>

<entity_class name="badZombieBabyCrawler" extends="badZombieBaby">

<property name="Class" value="EntityZombieCrawl"/>

<property name="WalkType" value="4"/>

<property name="RotateToGround" value="true"/>

</entity_class>

Hi, loving your work! I added the UMA Zombies to my game and it all seemed to work fine, I had new zombies showing up. I then got the baby crawler spawn and decided I didn't want that in game, too creepy. So I went into the entity classes file and tried to delete the baby and child zombies. Loaded the game back up and initially the new zombies continued to spawn but after the initial few that I got they have now stopped spawning. I really want to keep this in game as it does add some much needed variety but I dont want the child or baby zombies. Did I mess something up deleting the details in the entity classes file? This is the bit I removed and the same for the child one.. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all this modlet stuff!

<entity_class name="badZombieBaby" extends="badZombieUMA">

<property name="MaxHealth" value="60"/>

<property name="Class" value="EntityZombie"/>

<property name="WalkType" value="8"/>

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false"/>

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Spider_Zombie/spiderroam"/>

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Spider_Zombie/spideralert"/>

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutattack"/>

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutpain"/>

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutdeath"/>

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalescoutsense"/>

</entity_class>

<entity_class name="badZombieBabyCrawler" extends="badZombieBaby">

<property name="Class" value="EntityZombieCrawl"/>

<property name="WalkType" value="4"/>

<property name="RotateToGround" value="true"/>

</entity_class>

A better way to go about it I think is to just delete the lines that call to them in entitygroups.xml then they won't spawn in the world but will still be in the game.

yeah sorry there isn't a way to push the resources on a server that I know of. What do you mean by they are an obstacle you have to navigate around?

By obstacles, i think he means that when the UMA zombies die for example in a doorway, you cannot get through the doorway until the corpse despawns...their hitbox for the corpse is blocking a full block space. I dont think the vanilla zombies have this issue.

There is a collision with uma zombies, and no walk through collision in the new ones. I need to try this on a vanilla one though.

We've also seen the uma zombies laying on the ground sliding towards the player instead of getting up first.

It is however great to see the old gang back!

A better way to go about it I think is to just delete the lines that call to them in entitygroups.xml then they won't spawn in the world but will still be in the game.

Ok I did this and it appears to have worked a treat. Thank you. Just wondered, are the new zombies supposed to spawn during blood moons as they are definitely spawning in game now but I didn't have a single new zombie for my day 14 blood moon?

some uma zombies look really dark.. too dark.. for me. Is its should be like this?

Yeah, I don't think they are getting the new lighting cast on them. With a mining helmet on they look right, with it off they are almost black.

Also to the previous post, the blood moon spawning has a specific zombies listed.. you would need to change that in the XML to see them on horde nights. I also don't think they are in wandering hordes either, but hljust having them sprinkled in is fine with me for additional variety without a significant framerate loss.

One thing though... when the uma zombies were created, we tinkered with speed on some... with jog on instead of walk, they can be speedy during the day.

Ok, I just had a thought... if the baby bear can follow the large bears, can the same settings be used on a copy of the wolf so the wolf follows a player?

We liked the dog follower in starvation.... maybe the wolf could be used as a quick n dirty wolf follower?

Ideally it would be nice to have the same tame mechanic, as well as the aggressive settings, and we would want the ability to pick up and store them so they weren't just wandering around or away.

I think he was suggesting that the screamer bear use the original bear skin so that you wouldn't have to push the skin resource. Can you set it so that if it doesn't find the Screamer Bear skin it defaults to the vanilla bear?

I think he was suggesting that the screamer bear use the original bear skin so that you wouldn't have to push the skin resource. Can you set it so that if it doesn't find the Screamer Bear skin it defaults to the vanilla bear?

That would work, or just a version that uses the default skin version for servers would be fine. I like the concept. Maybe the bear screamer could summon a different screamer horde of animals that are all out to get revenge, with chickens and rabbits as big as a man!

I think Guppy or Stompy did a chicken horde that was hysterical!

some uma zombies look really dark.. too dark.. for me. Is its should be like this?

Yeah, this is the same problem that happens with players in multiplayer. So not too sure anything can be done, seems to be a UMA issue.

Ok I did this and it appears to have worked a treat. Thank you. Just wondered, are the new zombies supposed to spawn during blood moons as they are definitely spawning in game now but I didn't have a single new zombie for my day 14 blood moon?

Unfortunately they aren't part of the horde night or other special groups like wandering hordes and what not. I do want to update them but i've been super busy with my overhaul mod. I'll get to them soon and make sure they are spawning everywhere.

Ok, I just had a thought... if the baby bear can follow the large bears, can the same settings be used on a copy of the wolf so the wolf follows a player?

We liked the dog follower in starvation.... maybe the wolf could be used as a quick n dirty wolf follower?

Ideally it would be nice to have the same tame mechanic, as well as the aggressive settings, and we would want the ability to pick up and store them so they weren't just wandering around or away.

Actually we haven't been able to get the bears to follow each other yet. Not sure it's even possible. Getting animals to follow the player is easy. When i was trying to make the bears follow each other the closest i got was getting the baby bears to follow the player around.

Unfortunately not that i know of. It would be nice if it would default to the vanilla skin if it cant find the texture. Instead it just errors and won't load the bears.

Again sorry for not being around as much. I'm really focusing on getting this overhaul done soon.

Hey thanks for awesome mods. But I can't use the get horny mod on linux dedicated server. Can it be I'm doing something wrong? All other mods run fine and the logs show that your mod is loaded. But if I use the horn on bicycle or motorcycle I don't hear anything. The server doesn't seem to load the resource right. The file is located under

/home/sdtd/engine/Mods/Khelldon-GetHorny/Resources/khelldon-GetHornyAudio.unity3d
. Any help or clue would be highly appreciated.

I went through each UMA in archetypes and set their skin colors to the brightest one.

you can do a mass search and replace. I find these are much brighter.

On this line for every zombie in the archetypes.xml

<archetype name="ZombieBob" male="true" hair_color="34,31,30" eye_color="100,110,115" skin_color="135,205,255" type="Zombie" stance="Like" voice_set="trader">

replace all the values in skin_color to this

skin_color="135,205,255"

That will make their skin look more greyish than black. you will have to do that for each one though

Archived