Trader not showing up on map for quest?

MrSamuelAdam

This is a known bug I think. The problem is that the trader is in an area a long way away from where you actually spawned. Games4Kicks showed this in his youtube playthrough. He teleported around until he found it, and it was something like 4klm away from him. This is pretty evil as you need to complete the quest to get the 5 points, and they are so important early game.

One suggestion is to try to expose a lot more of the map, and perhaps it will appear, if you are lucky. Mostly too I think it is around 0,0 - but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Ahhh that was my initial thought, I was simply out of range. I kinda think that is an awesome aspect, it forces you to explore, the big problem is 0.0 meters away seems like a bug, where as "Out of Range" seems more like a quest requiring exploration.

When in doubt climb the tallest near peak and stand on a stack of 30 wood frames and check out the lay of the land. The view distance now is INSANE

Update: Trader showed up for me once I was within 3km

For some reason in my Random Gen game I couldn't get the trader either. It said 0.0 and nothing showed on my hud. I teleported to 0,0 with the "teleport 0 0" command without the quotes in the F1 console window and it showed up. It appears that the game currently has a bug in Random Gen and if you want it to pop you need to go there. You can either teleport or walk to 0,0 and it should pop for you. I was around 5 or 6 km away and just wanted to get rid of the quest so I teleported and haven't been back since. Need to find a trader closer to my play area.

For some reason in my Random Gen game I couldn't get the trader either. It said 0.0 and nothing showed on my hud. I teleported to 0,0 with the "teleport 0 0" command without the quotes in the F1 console window and it showed up. It appears that the game currently has a bug in Random Gen and if you want it to pop you need to go there. You can either teleport or walk to 0,0 and it should pop for you. I was around 5 or 6 km away and just wanted to get rid of the quest so I teleported and haven't been back since. Need to find a trader closer to my play area.

Okay well at least you found a work around for now.

I'll try that when I start my next RWG map.

This is a known bug I think. The problem is that the trader is in an area a long way away from where you actually spawned. Games4Kicks showed this in his youtube playthrough. He teleported around until he found it, and it was something like 4klm away from him. This is pretty evil as you need to complete the quest to get the 5 points, and they are so important early game.

One suggestion is to try to expose a lot more of the map, and perhaps it will appear, if you are lucky. Mostly too I think it is around 0,0 - but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Nah, I spawned right next to two traders and I have 0,0.

When I go to one of them, nothing happens.

The longer i think about it, the more i am sure that it's not a bug. If you have a trader in some range then it will update the quest to show you distance. If not, it will show 0.0 (no distance, as it doesn't detect any nearby). Teleporting near a trader (into the detection range) will update the range properly. Would need people to confirm that.

Also, someone mentioned that you need to find trader to get 5 skillpoints. No, you need to finish the base 8 quests, ending with putting down a campfire if i recall. Finding the trader granst only experience, nothing more.

This has to be a bug as it's an inconsistent thing, when watching the live stream event over the weekend some would get the 0.0km distance and an error message when trying to show the quest on the map while others would have no issue. It seems unrelated to how close the trader you will be assigned is. I've seen it happen when people have spawned km's away from a trader, while in my game I spawned almost next to one and it also came up with that bug.

It's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance, in the grand scheme of things it's more what you'd use that trader for rather than completing the quest.

Even though I spawned next to a trader (within 250m) and I got the bug, I haven't bothered venturing to him to see if it will update either the location or the quest (it may be that the intended trader is not the one I spawned next to) purely because A17 is far too laggy to play at the moment and I'll need a further update to bother continuing with it. Presumably by the time that happens, the bug will have been resolved.

Archived