Hmm guess it’s hurry up and wait for Alpha 17

crazy8s

Did I say that you aren't in the industry? Did I say that being in the industry would somehow give you magical knowledge about what's going on with TFP and what is best for them?

Again, the answer to those things is "no." Unless you are on the inside with TFP, you don't know anything about what's going on with their system or what would be better for them.

The white knightery never ends. Honestly it's hilarious. By your logic nobody can ever question anything TFP does ever, because they're not part of the TFP dev team themselves. It creates the scenario where it is tautologically impossible to be anything *except* a white knight. Absolutely amazing!

The white knightery never ends. Honestly it's hilarious. By your logic nobody can ever question anything TFP does ever, because they're not part of the TFP dev team themselves. It creates the scenario where it is tautologically impossible to be anything *except* a white knight. Absolutely amazing!

oh...you were questioning? Sounded like accusing them of motives and reasons you were certain of. I think that anyone can question.

Has the delay happened because TFP has no project manager? What's going on?

vs

These guys have no idea what they're doing. Its obvious they have no project manager or deadlines. What a joke of a studio.

The first is respectful and questioning and anyone can do that and not come across as a troll. The second is insulting, based on speculation, and invites correction (since it is inaccurate) by those you would call white knights.

I haven't really seen much sincere questioning from people who are upset by the length of development.

Oh no! Roland is white knighting me!

Seriously, what Roland said. There's not a single question mark in any of your posts in this thread. There are, however, multiple grand assertions about what is happening. We can get into logic and grammar if you want, but I don't think that you will succeed.

So, either you really do have insider information or you like to spout ignorance with plenty of arrogance. (Or something else and I just wanted to give you a taste of your false dichotomies.)

Just be patient, it can't be that much longer. No use in making people mad, or getting banned from forums and then have experimental release 3 weeks later.

Do you follow them on Youtube? They post 20ish minute videos every other week or so demonstrating the things they've been working hard on.

Have you seen the updates for A17? They're amazing. Vehicles, a complete redesign of Diersville and Perishton, almost every house is a mini dungeon, gun mods. C'mon. Saying they're not doing anything is an objective lie.

None of these dev teams had paying customers waiting 10 years for the game, that's where the difference is. This is also a company with public stock, so they are held responsible by investors, ff xv, was a blockbuster game bringing im TONS of money for square, paying off. they weren't paid to do the project before it was finished. even 5 more years with this one, it won't even come close.

You don't need a wiki or a set rule book for consumer satisfactoin. we're customers, plain and clear. the only "development time rule" the fun pimps will see, is very little support for the next game they decide to drag out. Teh consumer makes the rules, not a wiki, not the dev. I love this game, but there is nothing wrong with being critical of the slow dev, or lack of communication to it's customer base.

show me where it says on the store page "warning, dev may do whatever they like, and never actually deliver on promises or even tell you whats going on" so it's reasonable people pick up this game with the expectation dev will move along with a reasonable pace (like every other complete, or almost complete alpha game that came out afer 7 days)

Imagine if talented businessmen like elon musk acted like this? his company would litearlly collapse overnight for saying "it's done when its done" and indeed, his customers paid for a product not finished yet as well.

That true

The devs must hurry up because my god it s been more then 1 damn year for this release and god knows how it gonna run on mid budget pc i love the game i really do more then 2100 h in the game

But it s would be more if the devlopment process is fast

Well I've been fairly vocal here and on steam with my frustrations, hence my red card ^_^

But at the end of the day it's only because I love the game so much and I suspect that's where a lot of heat is coming from. People just love this game so damn much that they want the new stuff.

I took a few months break in my frustrations, and came back last week to refresh myself before A17 drops and my god it's made me realise how ♥♥♥♥ some of the other games I've been playing really are....

ESO - meh

WOW - even more meh

EQ2 - good but dead

Ark - meh

Warframe - excellent but no depth

Conan Exiles - potentially good but not now

….I can't wait for A17, but it's a joy to just play it even as it is ATM.

Well I've been fairly vocal here and on steam with my frustrations, hence my red card ^_^

But at the end of the day it's only because I love the game so much and I suspect that's where a lot of heat is coming from. People just love this game so damn much that they want the new stuff.

People often do hurtful things in the name of "love." The best we can do is see that and try to do things differently.

All of us are ready for A17. :smile-new:

Do you follow them on Youtube? They post 20ish minute videos every other week or so demonstrating the things they've been working hard on.

Have you seen the updates for A17? They're amazing. Vehicles, a complete redesign of Diersville and Perishton, almost every house is a mini dungeon, gun mods. C'mon. Saying they're not doing anything is an objective lie.

Lol. Looks like you're not following them.

- - - Updated - - -

patience is a virtue

And sloth is a sin.

.. Since we are going at it religiously, it seems.. :p

I took a few months break in my frustrations, and came back last week to refresh myself before A17 drops and my god it's made me realise how ♥♥♥♥ some of the other games I've been playing really are....

ESO - meh

WOW - even more meh

EQ2 - good but dead

Ark - meh

Warframe - excellent but no depth

Conan Exiles - potentially good but not now

….I can't wait for A17, but it's a joy to just play it even as it is ATM.

Try Empiryon, it's quite good. Or Kenshi, I love this one, still under developpement but nearly complete

"I only yell obscenities at you because I love you, why can't you see that?!" - You.

That's not a healthy outlook my friend.

You have re-interpreted what I clearly said to make it look like I'm an abuser in a relationship which I don't appreciate.

Get some perspective and stop putting words in people's mouths to suit you. Not once did I or have I yelled obscenities at any of the devs either here or on steam. I simply expressed frustration at the delays - as do MANY people here and elsewhere.

I assume - maybe incorrectly - from your reply that you never express frustration at anything in a negative way? Please share how you manage this - I'm sure that we'd all like to be better people and aspire to be just like you with healthier attitudes.

Many thanks o/

Just be patient, it can't be that much longer. No use in making people mad, or getting banned from forums and then have experimental release 3 weeks later.

I suppose you're right. I haven't stopped playing other games waiting on the update, in fact I quit playing for the last 9 months because of the AI bugs that made the game un-fun to play IMHO, I just want to be able to play the game and have fun again, because it IS a really unique and special game. It's just aggravating it is taking so long. At this point I'm spinning up my hype for Fallout 76 and other Q4 releases

Steam doesn't force me to read those things lol. What convinces me to buy a game is either if a friend owns it and tells me that they think I'd enjoy it. Or if I watch many different reviews from people who play the game on you tube. Steam doesn't force me to do anything. I own roughly 50 or 60 games I lost track. Some of them I don't even bother playing or installing on my pc. I've been playing 7 days roughly since alpha 14 lol. So I've seen a lot of changes come in through the game that the devs have made lol. I've got well over 1500 hours of game play invested in this game.

Archived