Hmm guess it’s hurry up and wait for Alpha 17

crazy8s

Ugh Hurry Up And Wait. I’m getting extremely bored with Alpha 16. Come on devs this must be a good income patch if you guys are going mouth shut on us. I don’t like getting bored that’s why I built my own forge in real life aggg.

Not allowed to do that where I live. Sadly I have to order out and have my metal ship. I like 1080 and 1075 steels. Those are nice to work with. Nice and easy. Lmao. In the past they'd always say oh hey the update is going to be on this day. It would be at least once a month on a Tuesday that we would see a new patch. I mean come one lol. Yea I may only have a 8 slot server to play the game on but still I'm bored.

They're treating an Alpha version like it's a Finished game. Not real bright in the long term, but short term it gives a more complete game.

Sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. If they treated it like a finished game, they wouldn't be completely re-working core game systems or updating it to a new game engine version.

It's June...

Wait no it's July...

Wait no it's August...

Wait no probably later...

They need to start releasing patches every 6 months tops. Maybe every 3. Whatever is done and tested goes in. Anything that is not yet ready goes in the next patch after. It can be done. We know it can be done. Lots of other companies with less staff manage to do this. The only reason it is not being done is either a lack of will or a disregard for customer wishes

The only reason it is not being done is...a disregard for customer wishes

Go with this. They are making the game that they want (at the pace that they think is best), even as it is one which they believe that customers will enjoy. If they succumbed to customer input and wishes all of the time, then the game would be a mess and take even longer to put out.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you (and others like you) are not the center of their universe. Put a sock in your ignorant pie-hole, and get back to waiting in silence.

It's June...

Wait no it's July...

Wait no it's August...

Wait no probably later...

They need to start releasing patches every 6 months tops. Maybe every 3. Whatever is done and tested goes in. Anything that is not yet ready goes in the next patch after. It can be done. We know it can be done. Lots of other companies with less staff manage to do this. The only reason it is not being done is either a lack of will or a disregard for customer wishes

yes it s good way to keep the game alive and going on because i stoped playing 7d2d in like 5 months because honesly there is nothing left to do even the youtubers who dedicate there time for the game are not just doing the same thing and they sound very sick and tired of the slow devlopment of the game i do love the game i do love the devlopers but keeping there mouth shut and not saying anything about what they are doing or planing or release dates is just not helping anyone i see that TFP should change there plans of a year for an update or hire more people @joel heunink please make a video and let us out from the void that u put us in after 2 months of legit nothing

i am hyped for A17 i legit have dreams about it and i wake up checking steam and forums but i guess it s only a dream the devs took there time (1year) to release an update that i wish is not going to kill my pc

Go with this. They are making the game that they want (at the pace that they think is best), even as it is one which they believe that customers will enjoy. If they succumbed to customer input and wishes all of the time, then the game would be a mess and take even longer to put out.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you (and others like you) are not the center of their universe. Put a sock in your ignorant pie-hole, and get back to waiting in silence.

White knights like you are what are wrong with gaming communities. I've seen game after game fall prey to a lack of feedback early in the dev process, and the culprit time after time was that the dev team surrounded themselves with sycophants and yes men who saw no evil and spoke no evil.

White knights like you are what are wrong with gaming communities. I've seen game after game fall prey to a lack of feedback early in the dev process, and the culprit time after time was that the dev team surrounded themselves with sycophants and yes men who saw no evil and spoke no evil.

Black skullduggers like you are the problem, spouting off whatever they think in complete ignorance. I've seen game after game and company after company fall apart because they just tried to appease the customer at whatever cost. The mob mentality and mob justice never have portended good things.

As for "white knighting," where? I told you that TFP doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about your wishes, something which you already know to be true. I told you that TFP wants to succeed because it means more money for them, something which is just good business sense. Finally, I told you what I just repeated in this post. None of that affirms that TFP should do things this way or that it is the best. All I did was lay out the facts and tell you (and others) that you might as well make your peace with the situation and quit bitching. (This is especially true when you are ignorant.)

lol why would I pay money for a game I already own. I play on PC. Paid one time ha, the only thing I pay for is my server rental monthly and even that's cheaper than dirt only 11 bucks a month for that. So I'm not really paying anything except the price to keep my server up. HAHA. I will never play a game on a console again. PC is better. Far better.

The only reason it is not being done is either a lack of will or a disregard for customer wishes

It is ridiculous that you would think that the type of feedback TFP wants or listens to from a public forum is how to run their company. The three owners were all successful business men before they started this company and based on results they have been managing this business quite well. They are interested in customer wishes and feedback as it pertains to gameplay and they have listened and made changes based upon that in a number of cases in the past. But they would be beyond stupid to take business advice from some anonymous forum user named "merlinfire".

Be honest, your motivation is 100% that you just want to play A17. You aren't interested in what is good for the company or what works best for how to develop this game. You are just focused on wanting to play what you want right now. I'd say that it is probably good that they aren't taking business advice from you.

The proof of whether their model is good or bad will be after A17 comes out. So far their long development times have resulted in a progressively larger bump in overall players after each update. If that happens again and more people return to play than ever have in the past then they are justified. If the return of players is a flop then you can bet they will reassess what they are doing. But doing what they do based on measurable results (which so far supports their model) is always going to be better than just doing what the masses tell them to do when it comes to business decisions.

Some people don't fully get that devs actually do read information. But they do look for specifics and the information that they need in order to improve or make necessary changes to the game. I've actually seen where things were added in via player suggestion from the Val Mod pack and what not. So yea they do listen to players. I just think they don't listen to the cry baby players lol. What's that called selective hearing lol.

Some people don't fully get that devs actually do read information. But they do look for specifics and the information that they need in order to improve or make necessary changes to the game. I've actually seen where things were added in via player suggestion from the Val Mod pack and what not. So yea they do listen to players. I just think they don't listen to the cry baby players lol. What's that called selective hearing lol.

Yes. That is an example of taking community feedback for game design decisions. What they won't listen to is this-is-how-I-think-you-should-run-your-business feedback from random anonymous strangers on the internet....

I am happy with the game though. The only thing I can argue with though is the under ground glitches. The lighting used to be entirely different in patch what was it 14 something. Now it's blurry in some parts and the light blares back and forth when removing rock. Ground glitches and you have to hit the rock below it. That's just a small annoyance. But manageable. In the end the game is still enjoyable to play and it's quite relaxing to play. Sometimes I'll find myself almost passing out at the computer playing. But that's the only real thing that I would like to see improved upon is the underground effects. A bit more clarity underground would be awesome. I'm sure you've played for quite some time and know the glitches that I'm talking about, or rather referencing.

It is ridiculous that you would think that the type of feedback TFP wants or listens to from a public forum is how to run their company. The three owners were all successful business men before they started this company and based on results they have been managing this business quite well. They are interested in customer wishes and feedback as it pertains to gameplay and they have listened and made changes based upon that in a number of cases in the past. But they would be beyond stupid to take business advice from some anonymous forum user named "merlinfire".

Be honest, your motivation is 100% that you just want to play A17. You aren't interested in what is good for the company or what works best for how to develop this game. You are just focused on wanting to play what you want right now. I'd say that it is probably good that they aren't taking business advice from you.

The proof of whether their model is good or bad will be after A17 comes out. So far their long development times have resulted in a progressively larger bump in overall players after each update. If that happens again and more people return to play than ever have in the past then they are justified. If the return of players is a flop then you can bet they will reassess what they are doing. But doing what they do based on measurable results (which so far supports their model) is always going to be better than just doing what the masses tell them to do when it comes to business decisions.

Customers give feedback about business decisions all the time. I'm surprised you're unaware of this.

Customers give feedback about business decisions all the time. I'm surprised you're unaware of this.

I didn't say it was ridiculous to give it-- only ridiculous to expect TFP to want it or seriously consider it. That is literally the message of my first sentence.

They don't consider you an expert to listen to in regards to their business affairs. I'm surprised you're unaware of this.

I guess what I find most dis-heartening about some of the "I wantz A17 nowz!" feedback (and it's MUCH worse on the Steam forums), is the lack of historical perspective, which is something Roland touched on in his first post in this thread.

TFP have so far delivered sixteen Alpha's, all of which have by any objective measure, improved the game. They've each delivered more players, and more content to the best of my knowledge. Each has been delivered reasonably around the time they were expected. One gets significantly delayed, due to (amongst other factors) a major engine re-write/update, and suddenly there's copious volumes of frankly unwarranted angst that the development has somehow gone off the rails.

so you honestly believe that people taking a quick look at the store page and seeing an early access game with no updates since 10/26/17 is good for business? mic drop.

I guess what I find most dis-heartening about some of the "I wantz A17 nowz!" feedback (and it's MUCH worse on the Steam forums), is the lack of historical perspective, which is something Roland touched on in his first post in this thread.

TFP have so far delivered sixteen Alpha's, all of which have by any objective measure, improved the game. They've each delivered more players, and more content to the best of my knowledge. Each has been delivered reasonably around the time they were expected. One gets significantly delayed, due to (amongst other factors) a major engine re-write/update, and suddenly there's copious volumes of frankly unwarranted angst that the development has somehow gone off the rails.

I guess it also has to do the with exponentially increasing time between the Alpha's. Yes, 16 Alpha's have been delivered, and I have no doubt A17 will come eventually. But the big angst-giver (is that a word?) is a development time of ~14 months and counting. 5 or 6 of those earlier Alpha's were delivered in the same timeframe it takes to make 1 Alpha nowadays.

I guess it also has to do the with exponentially increasing time between the Alpha's. Yes, 16 Alpha's have been delivered, and I have no doubt A17 will come eventually. But the big angst-giver (is that a word?) is a development time of ~14 months and counting. 5 or 6 of those earlier Alpha's were delivered in the same timeframe it takes to make 1 Alpha nowadays.

I'm pretty sure no-one (TFP included) would count this Alphas development time as a positive or hope for it to be repeated, but I just think people should keep it in context of the totality of this games development progress. Sooner or later, one of the Alphas (at least) was bound to get held up in a major way for one reason or another.

Archived