The Married Life...

unholyjoe

Honeymoon? I thought he got married about the time the last alpha came out.

Hehe yep.. I did :p

A late honeymoon is better than no honeymoon!

- - - Updated - - -

"Yes, dear"

The only phrase you will ever need for marital bliss. Oh, and

Lol xD

tip:

Get used to saying "Yes Dear!", "Your right Dear!", "That's perfectly fine Dear!", "I'm just kidding Dear!".. oh! and "I'm sorry Dear!"

You can also switch things up by adding Honey, Babe, My love, Sweetheart, and so on when you say those.. and keep your rock collection in locked cases if that fails ;)

Locked cases? I'm not a barbarian! I make a walk with my rocks twice a day!

The only phrase that will bring you true marital bliss is 'I want a divorce'.. Sure the next year or two will suck, but it's soooo worth it. After that you have a whole new life and you can find true happiness. At least that's how it worked for me. The key to a happy life. Stay away from women.. Actually just the ones who want a commitment. And dudes in dresses, not that I've made that mistake several times..

Heh, I must be a Masochist, since I've been married going on 21yrs but it also might have to do with:

She's a gamer.

Going out to dinner every now and then is good enough by her (her words not mine).

She doesn't like flowers or jewelry (one anniversary we just did dinner and I bought her a game she wanted).

We only like to go out to the movies a few times a year.

She doesn't like to shop.

I get to spend $ on techie stuff.

Adult activities are regular.

Real tip before you get married or decided to combine financial assets: Live with the person for 2yrs before you ask for their hand.

You won't really know the person well if you don't live with them and know all their built in habits, because they won't change just because of a ring and a piece of paper.

First year covers the honeymoon of the relationship and the Second year will revel their true self and you can decide if you can put up with it (generally), Then ask and you get another year of the honeymoon period ;)

edit: Forgot

Disclaimer:

I am not a Licensed marriage counselor.

Use advice at your own discretion.

Sample size that I used to obtain this advanced marital knowledge: (2)

:playful:

Heh, I must be a Masochist, since I've been married going on 21yrs but it also might have to do with:

She's a gamer.

Going out to dinner every now and then is good enough by her (her words not mine).

She doesn't like flowers or jewelry (one anniversary we just did dinner and I bought her a game she wanted).

Real tip before you get married or decided to combine financial assets: Live with the person for 2yrs before you ask for their hand.

You won't really know the person well if you don't live with them and know all their built in habits, because they won't change just because of a ring and a piece of paper.

First year covers the honeymoon of the relationship and the Second year will revel their true self and you can decide if you can put up with it (generally), Then ask and you get another year of the honeymoon period ;)

Disclaimer:

does she have a sister?

Marriage discussion is less volatile at the moment. ;)

If that ain't a first...

- - - Updated - - -

Holy cow. I was reading in the dev diary, commented on a post, and BAM! I'm in another thread.

I must have taken the wrong turn at Albuquerque...

She's a gamer.

Disclaimer:

Wow Tin, lucky man. Good for you bud. :D

The only phrase that will bring you true marital bliss is 'I want a divorce'.. Sure the next year or two will suck, but it's soooo worth it. After that you have a whole new life and you can find true happiness. At least that's how it worked for me. The key to a happy life. Stay away from women.. Actually just the ones who want a commitment. And dudes in dresses, not that I've made that mistake several times..

Hahahah i missed this one

Haha you guys are cracking me up today! I'm glad i don't have a shoe addiction; dresses are expensive enough. I spent $400 on dresses this weekend, and yes, I'm a straight white male. :p

"science and shuffle off..." :D mental imagery at its finest! :D

I'm very uncomfortable with the thought of a white person wearing a dress.

I knew it was a slippery slope when we started letting people of color wear pants.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, Roland will share some valuable insight as well! And come up with a nice comparison between matrimonial life and being a forum moderator..? :)

God I hope not. I've you had to put up with that much crap in your relationship it's time to end it :p.

But my wife's shoe and purse/bag and shawl and tv watching behaviour etc give plenty of kind rebuke opportunity the rare time it's needed.

It rarely is however: Most times she actually encourages me to do (game, read, bike whatever)/buy something nice for myself (within reason). She thinks i'm too strict for myself at most times. Aint that great. Only thing she bother's me about is the motorcycle, which seems to be due to her risk-assesment of that particular transportation device and apparently preferring me in the house over in a box. Can't really complain bout that :)

We bought our current and our previous house on the requirement we can see/hear eachother when shes watching tv and i'm behind the 'puter. (if/when we get round to that). Current edition includes that with two opposing doors on either side of the hallway that are usually open, but can be closed when necessary (annoying tv voices or the clattering of keyboard etc).

Relaxing apart together ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived